Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Robo Reagan posted:

liberty prime is the only good thing about fo3 and if the game is like $5 then its worth it just for that

agreed, my favorite part about fo3 was the sequence that broke 99% of the time forcing you to replay it from the start 50 times until it decides to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Only bug so far on the Xbone is the subtitles got stuck on one line for a conversation. Not experiencing any freezing atm, but I'm just beginning to build the first settlement.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Where do I find stuff to plant? I had 1 corn on me for some reason but I can't find any more.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Exploring some of the ruined houses outside the vault I encountered a radroach attacking me from inside what is apparently a bulletproof trash bin. If you see any radroaches near trashbins go ahead and put them down first. They will become unstoppable.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Game promptly unlocked at 1 am AST, on PS4. No bugs yet, no framerate issues thus far, and it's basically FO3 prettied up with more stuff to do. I can't complain.
Wait, yes I can... The game is making me such a drat hoarder, I am collecting every piece of junk and storing it at my workbench for later.

Every piece.

Help....

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I agree with with him. Its really bad.

So gunplay is bad, story is bad, VA is bad, what's good? What about FO4 is more than generic Bethesda that they've been banking on for a decade? What's worth $60 USD (may God help the canadians)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The fact that the power armor has a proper flashlight greatly confuses me. I thought Bethesda kept using the weird flat lighting of the pip boy because they were too poo poo to make a proper flashlight, but apparently it's actually a design choice? Weird as hell.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Settlements are pretty much retarded time sinks for wanna-be architects to minecraft endorphins into their pea brains. If the UI/controls weren't bad maybe it wouldn't be so loving maddening. I bet it ends up as a lovely tower defense mode. What is even the point in getting tons of people in settlements?

The armor situation is hosed even more so. I think you equip a base armor?? Then equip other pieces on top of that? When you select a new piece of armor it only says whether it has higher or lower values than your current armor. It could be +1 physical but -10 energy defense but all you'll see is "+++" and "---"

But all of that is also pointless because power armor is free at the beginning of the game. A tiny bit of scavenging means you never have to leave your "turn the wasteland into a burning hosed-to-death pile of caca" suit. Basically ever.

Ghouls are mega quick now. Maybe too quick. They're neat though.

6 hours in and the game still disappoints me with quests. Guy at quarry wants water drained. Why? I dunno but he does rofl gl. Drain the water and mirelurks come out. "Thanks for the help here's 50 caps" TELL ME WHAT YOU'RE DOING YOU gently caress WHY ARE YOU HERE

The biggest positive I can give this game is wowee at that loot interface. That only took a decade.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So gunplay is bad, story is bad, VA is bad, what's good? What about FO4 is more than generic Bethesda that they've been banking on for a decade? What's worth $60 USD (may God help the canadians)

nothing, it's terrible, no one in this thread likes it and it's a bad game

(It is FO3 with a coat of paint and a variety of improvements but is still a Bethesda game and comes with all the bugs and jank that entails)

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Everything is bad. Game is so bad, it's not worth living anymore.

According to this thread at least.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Infinity Gaia posted:

The fact that the power armor has a proper flashlight greatly confuses me. I thought Bethesda kept using the weird flat lighting of the pip boy because they were too poo poo to make a proper flashlight, but apparently it's actually a design choice? Weird as hell.

When I saw the power armor flashlight in a stream I immediately thought the same thing. These fuckers could have given us a flashlight from the start but instead they gave us this.. this glowstick?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

seems good so far

E:

except that because it's a Bethesda game I turned off all autosaving and then proceeded to play for an hour-and-a-half without saving. then I died rip

I have decided to play the game as a hot dumb Jane Fallout

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Man, Fallout games always give me a nostalgic feeling especially with the radio stations. I haven't played 3 or New Vegas in years, actually.

What builds did everyone make? I focused mostly on luck, Ricochet is fantastic.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Seashell Salesman posted:

When I saw the power armor flashlight in a stream I immediately thought the same thing. These fuckers could have given us a flashlight from the start but instead they gave us this.. this glowstick?

At least now modding in a proper flashlight should be easy since they can just take it from the power armor

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm having fun beating up raiders with a security baton. This game is A-OK to me.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
How do I get more batteries for my superman armor.

Why the hell do I have to choose between my robot and a dog for my companions?

Does the Diamond City radio DJ improve at any point?

I can't fuckin' believe they recycled at least three songs from Fallout 3's soundtrack.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

So, one of my companions decided to put on my power armor while I had it stowed at the gas station, and now she's refusing to take it off. I traded away all the pieces from her, but she's still wearing the frame, and I can't figure out how to make her take it off. Ugh.

edit: I had just finished Fort Hagen and returned the armor to the gas station, Nick Valentine and I went to Diamond City and then back to the gas station, and this bullshit started.

Well after some googling, I found out that :siren:YOUR POWER ARMOR CAN BE STOLEN:siren:

Why they didn't put that on the loving loading screen I will never know. So here's the protip to prevent (or reduce the chances) of it happening: When you disembark from the armor, remove the power core. Simple as that... So now I've gotta go savescum to get my loving armor back.

:argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is there a showfps command?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm having fun beating up raiders with a security baton. This game is A-OK to me.

I'm glad your having fun with it. I also hope it's more than half a Benjamins worth of fun.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Is there a showfps command?

There is but it hasn't worked since Oblivion.

So, no.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Well after some googling, I found out that :siren:YOUR POWER ARMOR CAN BE STOLEN:siren:

Why they didn't put that on the loving loading screen I will never know. So here's the protip to prevent (or reduce the chances) of it happening: When you disembark from the armor, remove the power core. Simple as that... So now I've gotta go savescum to get my loving armor back.

:argh:

Do they take only apparel or exosuit itself?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Bogart posted:

How do I get more batteries for my superman armor.

Why the hell do I have to choose between my robot and a dog for my companions?

Does the Diamond City radio DJ improve at any point?

I can't fuckin' believe they recycled at least three songs from Fallout 3's soundtrack.

Keep an eye out for generator while wandering about, they're everywhere if you pay attention but they're not marked TOO obviously so if you're rushing you might miss em.

Because Bethesda.

If you do a quest for him he improves. Somewhat. I kinda like his terrible character though, I think it's funny.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ShadowMar posted:

agreed, my favorite part about fo3 was the sequence that broke 99% of the time forcing you to replay it from the start 50 times until it decides to work

never had that problem pal

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Buggy. UI is a disaster. Graphics look really dated even maxed out my GTX 980. I'm one minute shy of the two hour mark and I'm thinking of just getting a refund and coming back to this in a year or two when it's $10 with all the DLC.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Kirs posted:

Do they take only apparel or exosuit itself?

They put it on and won't take it off. They can trade back the exterior items, but the frame remains on them indefinitely, it would appear.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Robo Reagan posted:

never had that problem pal

cool, lots of people did.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Buggy. UI is a disaster. Graphics look really dated even maxed out my GTX 980. I'm one minute shy of the two hour mark and I'm thinking of just getting a refund and coming back to this in a year or two when it's $10 with all the DLC.

I'm being extremely genuine when I ask why this isn't the preferred course of action. I'm just so tired of Bethesda never really improving on anything, just the same thing with a different coat of paint.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So are melee weapons fun with a lot to customize too or is it all barbed wire getting wrapped around the weapon

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

They put it on and won't take it off. They can trade back the exterior items, but the frame remains on them indefinitely, it would appear.

:cawg: Dirty thieves. I, actually like it.

Does anyone think that ambient music is alike to Mark Morgan's? I like it too.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I've spent 12 hours playing almost consecutively, and Mortimer has some valid points

I raise you a bioshocky wet tromp through a forest in power armor found at the bottom of a nuked lake that's falling apart:

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Dick Fagballzson posted:

ok

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm being extremely genuine when I ask why this isn't the preferred course of action. I'm just so tired of Bethesda never really improving on anything, just the same thing with a different coat of paint.

Because this same thing is good?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Kirs posted:

:cawg: Dirty thieves. I, actually like it.

Does anyone think that ambient music is alike to Mark Morgan's? I like it too.

Yes, if you turn off the radio, the wasteland themes are super referential to the Morgan's super sad and tribalistic music from F1 and F2.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I started playing after it unpacked and It's hours past when I intended to go to bed. Engrossing world, bad pacing (imo it moves a bit too fast and crams as many setpiece moments as possible into the first hour or two), fairly satisfying shooting of mans and mons, and nice looks.

You can also get fairly decent faces or even wacky ones I guess.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bholder posted:

Because this same thing is good?

No, no it isnt. The stories have sucked since forever, the engine is dated all to hell, the game play has barely changed in a loving decade, which is the same length of time they've been using the same four actors. Look, I get familiarity is comfort, but it's not unreasonable to expect some kind of improvement. Paying full price for the same thing you can get for $5 is lunacy to me. Don't get me wrong, glad you're enjoying it, but I just don't think Bethesda needs the positive reinforcement of your money.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So are melee weapons fun with a lot to customize too or is it all barbed wire getting wrapped around the weapon

Barbed wire and random blades at lower levels, so far they only have one part that's customizable while guns have four parts with waaay more options.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
How can I disassemble lots of items quickly aside from vomitting them into a pile, going into build mode, and then going through one by one?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

No, no it isnt. The stories have sucked since forever, the engine is dated all to hell, the game play has barely changed in a loving decade, which is the same length of time they've been using the same four actors. Look, I get familiarity is comfort, but it's not unreasonable to expect some kind of improvement. Paying full price for the same thing you can get for $5 is lunacy to me. Don't get me wrong, glad you're enjoying it, but I just don't think Bethesda needs the positive reinforcement of your money.

why do you care what other people spend their money on if they enjoy it

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

why do you care what other people spend their money on if they enjoy it

Why have opinions, anyways? Just buy the game. Buy the licensed arbys tie in meal. Buy the shoes. Just do it. Go Forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You could say this to nearly every other sequel out there.

Like these problems are so loving vague, even if they would "fix" it somehow, you would still complain about it.

• Locked thread