Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

alphabettitouretti posted:

You're a maverick. What led you to use RDFG over WASD? Genuine question.

Probably mmos

Its basically the same layout as a G13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Are we back on the level of complaining how voiced dialog (not just PC, but NPC dialog) ruined video games in the year 2015?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The Witcher 3 managed to have every single line for every single person you talked to in the world voice by them and Geralt.

cd projekt are competent is the ish here

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

Are we back on the level of complaining how voiced dialog (not just PC, but NPC dialog) ruined video games in the year 2015?

They did. The proof is Fallout 4.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Is America still the bad guys or did they completely retcon that in favor of the depiction of them in Operation: Anchorage? I'm getting the impression that they're shunting off the death camps, annexation, and general fascism to companies like Vault-Tec and the Enclave.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Isn't that the American way though? To let private corporations do everything

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Emerson Cod posted:

Is America still the bad guys or did they completely retcon that in favor of the depiction of them in Operation: Anchorage? I'm getting the impression that they're shunting off the death camps, annexation, and general fascism to companies like Vault-Tec and the Enclave.

The Enclave was the US Government in all but name by the time the bombs dropped. Additionally all those death camps were in Poland Canada, away from the US population and cameras.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So is this game poo poo or not?

Is it fun to play, does it have any innovation?

Does it run ok, or is it an unoptimized resource hog?

Bugs and glitches are okay as far as I am concerned, crashing not so much. Is it even somewhat stable in that regard?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Unfortunately, that apparently went out the window when digital distribution became a thing. Time for your blood pressure meds, grandpa.
And thank God, I say. When developers would make sure a game was fully finished and not buggy before releasing it, that was bad, because

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
Can someone who has played the game on Xbone comment, is the performance bad? Is it playable? :ohdear:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

2house2fly posted:

And thank God, I say. When developers would make sure a game was fully finished and not buggy before releasing it, that was bad, because

Because those days never existed

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I just found a terminal that activated a security bot, walked outside the building after turning it on and setting it to patrol...at which point it fell from the sky and exploded 2 feet from me, blowing me to bits.
No crashes in 6 hours at least!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

busfahrer posted:

Can someone who has played the game on Xbone comment, is the performance bad? Is it playable? :ohdear:

no issues so far aside from subtitles getting stuck on one line during a conversation. when it ended everything went back to normal.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Weird. When I turned him on, he just complained about union regs.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
uh so where do i find crops to grow to feed my peoples?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The Enclave was the US Government in all but name by the time the bombs dropped. Additionally all those death camps were in Poland Canada, away from the US population and cameras.

There were at least two in the U.S., but granted they were in places that the general population probably wouldn't see them (Big M.T. and Point Lookout in the middle of a swamp).

Squee posted:

I just found a terminal that activated a security bot, walked outside the building after turning it on and setting it to patrol...at which point it fell from the sky and exploded 2 feet from me, blowing me to bits.
No crashes in 6 hours at least!

I see some things definitely haven't changed.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
That dialogue bug is really annoying, I thought it was something I did but I guess I'm glad to see others have experienced it. The way dialogue works it feels like they really don't want you to read the subtitles. I hope it gets fixed so deaf players can experience the wide range of other bugs the game has to offer.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

cheesetriangles posted:

Find a settler, be in build mode, hit Q on them, select their route. The entire ui is bad.
:aaaaa:

After failing for several minutes I had to google how to connect the generator I built to the radio I built. The wire isn't something you build, you have to press [space] I think it was to activate it while in build mode while hovering over the generator. :cripes:

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

busfahrer posted:

I havn't hada single problem with it so far. No framerate issues, no clipping issues. It just works for me.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i played for a few hours and the game feels neat + fun and then i got a power armor and stomped around like a space marine splattering bandits then a bug came out and i shot it a bunch and cowboy pete and his stoned elderly friend thanked me so all in all i think this is the best stomping around shooting bugs simulator so far this year

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gortarius posted:

Bugs and glitches are okay as far as I am concerned, crashing not so much. Is it even somewhat stable in that regard?

based on my extensive play testing i have come to the conclusion that goons are a bunch of whiny manchildren

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Robo Reagan posted:

based on my extensive play testing i have come to the conclusion that goons are a bunch of whiny manchildren

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I picked up some garbage, then pimped out my 10mm Pistol, while wearing a lovely little black vest and slacks ensemble. Shot some muthafucks in the face, too.

The fun-having has begun!!

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
I think the minigun i gave my dog broke his back, and now he won't follow me :ohdear:

Has anyone else had this glitch?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

game good. poo poo, but good.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Gortarius posted:

The game is good (it runs well on my PC)

The gameplay is solid. Aiming, the feel of the guns and the feedback is all better than Fallout 3. They've basically taken what mods did and built it in to the game. I like the perk system at the moment, poo poo like putting points in to GUNS has always been a stupid RPG mechanic so it's nice to see it just flatout removed. It might be a bit simple and get boring later on? I dunno yet.

I had some weird crashes to begin with! I had to upgrade my graphic drivers but beyond that it's not crashed once and all the bugs are minor. Just like enemies getting stuck on things.

The quests/Dialogue is kinda poo poo and basic. There's not much depth at the moment and I doubt it's gonna change but that's okay because I just like wandering about and killing things. It's almost refreshing after the Witcher 3 having quests which are "GO KILL THESE GUYS" rather than some dumb 5 stage thing with reams of dialogue and repetitive sherlock holmes detective poo poo.

e: highlight of the game really is the weapon and armour crafting. so if you wanna make stuff, pump yourself full of drugs and murder things it's the best game. settelment stuff has tons of potential and could be cool if it wasn't hampered by retarded controls which make it almost unplayable.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 10, 2015

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam

Tr33 posted:

I havn't hada single problem with it so far. No framerate issues, no clipping issues. It just works for me.

Come on you guys are making fun of me right? :allears:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I died in the tutorial by going off the path. You get nuked and die immediately

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I was against voiced dialogue until I found out your character screams stuff when taking drugs like "RAAARGHH gently caress YEA!" its amazing

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

busfahrer posted:

Come on you guys are making fun of me right? :allears:

Nope. Seems like Boners got the most stable version for now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My only real complaint so far is the lovely kb+mouse UI. Someone needs to mod in better support for this stat.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Can you do combos with melee weapons? Or is it just like one swing every 2 seconds for the whole game?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Its an incredibly minor complaint but I am a bit bothered that the one radio station has all the same songs as Fallout 3

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its an incredibly minor complaint but I am a bit bothered that the one radio station has all the same songs as Fallout 3

That sounds like a feature to me

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Fallout 3's music is one area that it was better than NV (exception being that Fallout 3 doesn't have Big Iron)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Will any items I take out of my inventory despawn or disappear if I put them down in a settlement and leave them outside a container?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
How the gently caress am I supposed to power interiors of buildings? Do I have to put a generator in there? If it's a pre-fab I have to go outside just to select what I want to place or it thinks I'm trying to move the prefab. Is there some kind of way to wire electricity to a building so I can have the wall-lights functioning? Or do I have to run wires between all of them directly?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Is there a showfps command?

There is as a steam overlay.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

On the railroad tracks east of Tenpines Bluff, there's this thing:

Thorough examination of the cage doesn't give any clues, and it is immune to bobbypins and dog. How do you open it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

This was the correct code by the way.

Ulvirich posted:

On the railroad tracks east of Tenpines Bluff, there's this thing:

Thorough examination of the cage doesn't give any clues, and it is immune to bobbypins and dog. How do you open it?

The terminal behind you.

• Locked thread