Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Good points. But as to your last sentence -- seriously, aren't something like 40% of those who voted for him in Florida dead now? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

:rip: grandpa from Tampa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Boosted_C5 posted:

Eh, I'm a Christmas FANATIC, but I don't really GAF how other people celebrate it as long as they're not millenial crybabies who complain about public/business Christmas decorations, promotion, etc.

I cannot overstate how obsessed I am with Christmas. AS SOON as Thanksgiving dinner is in my belly, I give myself the green-light to once again take up arms against the WAR ON CHRISTMAS and the battle does not end until the morning after the College Football champion is determined, which thankfully keeps getting pushed further and further after New Years giving me more Christmas time. My wife complains about me being white trash and claims that only "crazy people" would have more than one tree in the same room.

Obviously I am Republican as all hell too.

Ben Carson not personally erecting a Christmas tree in his own home doesn't bother me. Of course the white-house is a national institution and the property of the American people, so he drat WELL BETTER be OK with all out Christmas decorations there.

https://twitter.com/realbencarson/status/415156062036443136

Read the replies, just a taste of what is yet to come.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Solid trolling from PPP, as always.

Q27 Do you think Jeb can fix it, or not?
Jeb can fix it 26% ....................................................
Jeb can't fix it 55% ..................................................
Not sure 19%

It's a pity I hate statistics so much, working for PPP seems fun

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Squizzle posted:

Gampy from Tampy.

Nah, just force grandpa to rhyme with Tampa.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Herv posted:

Is the kid on the left a rubber doll? Inbred? Something is off here.

I'm guessin he can duel a banjo...

Nah, like his attitude towards the Jeb! campaign, he can't believe how excited he is to be sorted into House Slytherin.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's a pity I hate statistics so much, working for PPP seems fun

They got computers that do it now, homie. All you gotta do is get the numbers and plug them in. :getin:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

New Right to Rise PAC ad featuring an extra-salty ¡Jeb!

LOL quote: "It's not about yapping!"

This is another video that needs chicken noises overdubbed on it. It's so cute how ¡Jeb! makes little pecking motions with hs head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jNu5veLlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbHnWJAvvk

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
I'm from a Jewish background (my parents and I are Reconstructionist, the rest of my family is Conservative). I've never celebrated Christmas outside of the occasional Christmas party at a friend's house.

I understand the Merry Christmas thing for the week of Christmas but, beyond that, the whole Christmas for two months thing completely ruins my winter by reminding me how much 60% of this country wants me to assimilate completely.

Like, between the month of Easter and the two months of Christmas, it's a quarter of the year dedicated to reminding me that I'm a cultural and religious outsider in my own country. A country that, supposedly, is a secular country that supports multiculturalism.

And all the talking heads complain about the "War on Christmas."

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Fox Ironic posted:

A country that, supposedly, is a secular country that supports multiculturalism.

lol nice one

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Xenophon posted:

Remember when the Huckster was just a Jesus-lovin' bass player?

now he's just a gross slug

His whole family is gross slugs.

Edit: Well at least the boys. Must have inherited dad's slug genes.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 10, 2015

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fox Ironic posted:

I'm from a Jewish background (my parents and I are Reconstructionist, the rest of my family is Conservative). I've never celebrated Christmas outside of the occasional Christmas party at a friend's house.

I understand the Merry Christmas thing for the week of Christmas but, beyond that, the whole Christmas for two months thing completely ruins my winter by reminding me how much 60% of this country wants me to assimilate completely.

Like, between the month of Easter and the two months of Christmas, it's a quarter of the year dedicated to reminding me that I'm a cultural and religious outsider in my own country. A country that, supposedly, is a secular country that supports multiculturalism.

press two for hebrew.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Xenophon posted:

Jabba the Huck.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fox Ironic posted:

You need two sides to fight a War, and judging by the fact that we're now getting complaints about our corporations not being "festive" enough in the first week of November, it seems like the Christmas side has a lot more ground.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lord Hydronium posted:

Flabba the Huck.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Xenophon posted:

He was always just a gross slug. :ssh:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Lord Hydronium posted:

Jabba the Huck.

"There will be no bargain. I will not give up my favorite decoration."

*camera pans to a homosexual couple frozen in carbonite*

Later in the scene:

"This Kim Davis is my kind of scum. Fearless and inventive."

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Fox Ironic posted:

You're doing it wrong. My best friend in elementary school was Jewish, and those cheating bastards just celebrated "secular" Christmas - tree, decorations, EVERYTHING, just no manger decorations or anything Christian-themed. Dude got a huge Christmas Day haul every year ON TOP getting stuff for Hanukkah.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
people say mike huck is the funny one but when i look at him today and his diabetic history of the past let me tell you something pal, that ain't funny at all

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Huckabee has more pictures with the Duggars than with his own family :lol:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Boosted_C5 posted:

You're doing it wrong. My best friend in elementary school was Jewish, and those cheating bastards just celebrated "secular" Christmas - tree, decorations, EVERYTHING, just no manger decorations or anything Christian-themed. Dude got a huge Christmas Day haul every year ON TOP getting stuff for Hanukkah.

Christmas was always a secular holiday. They just slapped jesus on it way back because they couldn't get people to stop. Jews are just bringing it back to its roots.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Christmas in America is an American tradition that everyone should celebrate IMO.

I don't care if you're Jewish. Hang dradle ornaments from your tree, open a gift under the tree each day of Hannukah, put menorahs with multi-colored lights on them in your windows. I don't care if you're a Muslim. If you want to live in AMERICA you have to be an AMERICAN. Erect a tree in your living room, put lights everywhere, eat copious amounts of baked goods, buy a bunch of crap. Just use ornaments tailored to your faith. Instead of a cross, or a manger, just have your kids make some of those hand-print in clay ornaments and paint "Death to Israel" or whatever on them, IDGAF.

Embrace consumerism, gluttony, and over-the-top Holiday decorating or GTFO out of my country.

On second thought, gently caress Ben Carson. No Grinch should be POTUS.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

People generally do that.

It's just the professionally thin-skinned personalities looking for a new grievance to claim persecution for decided people were ruining everything by either not going far enough (Xmas instead of Christmas) or going far too far (including other faiths into the celebratory spirit of the season beyond a token nod at Hannukah).

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Trump is receiving secret service. His code name is Mogul.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
drat I am pumped up now. I am fuckin' READY for the next annual battle in the War on Christmas. Our finances have improved dramatically this year, gently caress IT. My favorite movie is Christmas Vacation, why just watch Clark Griswold when I can BE Clark Griswold. I am going to blind every mother loving Grinch in my neighborhood with enough lights to be seen from outerspace. I am going to LOUDLY wish every son of a bitch who says happy Holidays to me a Merry CHRISTMAS. I am going to stuff my fat American face and trash my credit buying my son a million LEGOs.

Go back to your Yale Ivy League Ivory Tower Ben Carson. You make me sick.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

Christmas in America is an American tradition that everyone should celebrate IMO.

I don't care if you're Jewish. Hang dradle ornaments from your tree, open a gift under the tree each day of Hannukah, put menorahs with multi-colored lights on them in your windows. I don't care if you're a Muslim. If you want to live in AMERICA you have to be an AMERICAN. Erect a tree in your living room, put lights everywhere, eat copious amounts of baked goods, buy a bunch of crap. Just use ornaments tailored to your faith. Instead of a cross, or a manger, just have your kids make some of those hand-print in clay ornaments and paint "Death to Israel" or whatever on them, IDGAF.

Embrace consumerism, gluttony, and over-the-top Holiday decorating or GTFO out of my country.

:chord:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Boosted_C5 posted:

drat I am pumped up now. I am fuckin' READY for the next annual battle in the War on Christmas. Our finances have improved dramatically this year, gently caress IT. My favorite movie is Christmas Vacation, why just watch Clark Griswold when I can BE Clark Griswold. I am going to blind every mother loving Grinch in my neighborhood with enough lights to be seen from outerspace. I am going to LOUDLY wish every son of a bitch who says happy Holidays to me a Merry CHRISTMAS. I am going to stuff my fat American face and trash my credit buying my son a million LEGOs.

Christmas is very cool, good luck

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Was your friend also Russian? Because our New Year's Eve is basically secular Christmas - presents, decorated fir tree, bearded dude in a red suit (except he's not fat because it's not America), etc. We probably drink a lot more than is typical on Christmas, though.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rocks posted:

Trump is receiving secret service. His code name is Mogul.

Doesn't he already have his own personal security service already?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Smoothrich I hope you're taking notes on this.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Boosted_C5 posted:

:nono:

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

It's spelled "dreidel."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Boosted_C5 posted:

Your blind enthusiasm pleases me almost as much as your inevitable stroke and/or heart attack.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Darkman Fanpage posted:

House Huckonnen

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Mike Huckabee and his family really are the most realistic representations of a large portion of the American Electorate.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it's like some hillbilly DEVO cosplay

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Huckabee's daughter was the head of the PAC that took out ads against Cheney's daughter when she ran for the Senate for being too soft on the gays because she had a gay sister

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Continuing the trend of Internet pollsters loving Trump, here's Yougov national.

Trump 32(!)
Carson 18
Rubio 13
Cruz 10
Huck/Paul/Kasich 4
Jeb 3! (Fiorina and Christie 3)
Jindal 2
Graham/Santorum/Gilmore 1
Pataki 0

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Looks like some kind of Saturday morning show from the 80s.

The Huckabunch!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Patter Song posted:

Continuing the trend of Internet pollsters loving Trump

Trump is currently losing the SA debate thread poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Doesn't he already have his own personal security service already?

Why would you pay for something when you can get it for free at taxpayer expense? Don't they teach you anything about American capitalism in school?

• Locked thread