Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Also the Cutter will have 2x C3 and C2 and a C4.

Reddit has declared it hot garbage.

I have declared it hot garbage because it looks like an albino T-Rex with down syndrome that was also cursed with several physical birth defects.

And the Corvette is awesome and straight shits on it in the looks department.

Core Dynamics supremacy :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Also the Cutter will have 2x C3 and C2 and a C4.

Reddit has declared it hot garbage.
The hardpoint layout seems reasonable given it's basically a slightly larger Clipper with a huge hardpoint. The only thing they didn't mention is the shields but I'm very excited to try it out in the next couple of days.

One thing they did mention is that it's fast. You know what that means? Ramming Speed :unsmigghh:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The thing has an absolute poo poo ton of engines stuck to its rear end so I'm imagining it is fast as hell.

A lot of people are hating on it for looking like a bigger Clipper but I'm in love.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

The thing has an absolute poo poo ton of engines stuck to its rear end so I'm imagining it is fast as hell.

A lot of people are hating on it for looking like a bigger Clipper but I'm in love.

:jiggled: :jiggled: HOW CAN ANYONE EVEN BEGIN TO HATE "BIGGER CLIPPER" BEING IN THE SAME SENTENCE LET ALONE PUT TOGETHER!? :jiggled: :jiggled:

timn
Mar 16, 2010
It looks like a shoe.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Same. Really digging the different ratio of nacelle:hull than the Clipper, looks kind of like a futuristic Imperial Blackbird. Should hopefully be a bit easier to manoeuvre through the slot, too since it looks to be longer and taller but not as wide.

The Clipper already has my favourite cockpit in the game (all that unbroken canopy :fap:) and based on the footage they showed the Cutter is basically the same but bigger. Given the size of the engines I'm also hoping it sounds like a supercharged Courier :getin:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

timn posted:

It looks like a shoe.

My first thought was "fat whale". :v:

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=choK7Z4FXSQ and the other ships in motion on their channel now in isolated short clips. Also regarding stuff like "2xC1, 2xC2"- you should really include the powerplant and power distributor when you think of a ship loadout. How much a ship can power and how well it sustains it is as important as- if not more important than- what it can carry. Like the Gunship isn't just two extra small hardpoints, it's also a class 7 power distributor.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

the Lesnick

e:

Libluini posted:

My first thought was "fat whale". :v:

same thing right?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Can anyone summarize what the core game play will be like once the new expansion comes out? Are they fixing the empty feeling of the universe as it currently exists? Will the game be as fun as rebel galaxy? This is not a troll post, I'm just wondering if it's going to get to a better place than the game is at right now.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Washout posted:

Can anyone summarize what the core game play will be like once the new expansion comes out? Are they fixing the empty feeling of the universe as it currently exists? Will the game be as fun as rebel galaxy? This is not a troll post, I'm just wondering if it's going to get to a better place than the game is at right now.

Since I never had that empty feeling people keep talking about I'm probably the wrong guy to ask, but yes, the game will be even better.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Libluini posted:

Since I never had that empty feeling people keep talking about I'm probably the wrong guy to ask, but yes, the game will be even better.

What are the major changes that are making it better?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Washout posted:

What are the major changes that are making it better?

-New ships
-landing on some planets
-some other crap I don't care about but vaguely remember, like a precursor to some sort of crafting system

Sard
May 11, 2012

People are talking about crafting ammo? That could be a big deal maybe.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I certainly like the looks of the ships they've shown, but I'm not gonna be getting excited for anything until I see stats.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Sard posted:

People are talking about crafting ammo? That could be a big deal maybe.

Just let me throw a ton or two of generic 'Ammunition" consumables into my Eagle's useless cargo hold. :mad:

Though if we can craft gimmicky stuff like guided bullets or ones with extra armor piercing, etc. That'd be neat.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sounds a bit micro-managery to me, catering to min/maxers above all else.

If there's special ammo, I think I'd rather just be able to buy it.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Cutter hardpoints were apparently mis-stated, it has 1 huge, 2 large, 4 medium, and 8 utility mounts. That sounds better but I think I'll stick to working towards the Corvette.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Professor Bling posted:

The Cutter hardpoints were apparently mis-stated, it has 1 huge, 2 large, 4 medium, and 8 utility mounts. That sounds better but I think I'll stick to working towards the Corvette.
4 medium :stare:. Well, beams on the large and 4 multicannons it is.

E: or 2 large beams and 1 huge/4 medium cannons for maximum hull damage :getin:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Well when you put it like that it's basically a little frigate with its own 7km no fly zone :3:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just realized why I hate the way the Cutter looks, even if I'm not comparing it to the pure sex of the Corvette.

It's basically an Imperial Voyager.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I'm really hoping it will have enough jump range to be competitive with the conda as an exploration vessel. Exploration gets a hell of a lot cooler in horizons.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm just sad to hear that we won't be able to matryoshka an SRV into a Sidewinder into an Anaconda (or as it was termed in the livestream, the "ship turducken").

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Beta when? :(

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Professor Bling posted:

I'm just sad to hear that we won't be able to matryoshka an SRV into a Sidewinder into an Anaconda (or as it was termed in the livestream, the "ship turducken").

I just want to have a Cutter and put a thing in the c4 slot that launches out couriers

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The Corvette has those two huge hardpoints center mounted directly behind the cockpit, it also has a single large hardpoint so you know that the large is also center mounted. It's also the most maneuverable out of the large ships as the Corvette is more maneuverable than the Anaconda and the Cutter is not as maneuverable as the Anaconda. Cutter is fastest though.
Without power plant numbers and shield numbers though who can say. I'm so into those two huge hardpoints though.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The Clipper is supposed to be "fast but not maneuverable" but in reality once you hit the magical 720t with A rated thrusters it starts turning like an Eagle. I wonder if the Cutter will be the same.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

KakerMix posted:

The Corvette has those two huge hardpoints center mounted directly behind the cockpit, it also has a single large hardpoint so you know that the large is also center mounted. It's also the most maneuverable out of the large ships as the Corvette is more maneuverable than the Anaconda and the Cutter is not as maneuverable as the Anaconda. Cutter is fastest though.
Without power plant numbers and shield numbers though who can say. I'm so into those two huge hardpoints though.
I'm a little disappointed at only a single large since I was hoping for a straight up better version of my Cannonconda gunwise (C4 cannon + 3x C3 cannons :getin:), but a more maneuverable Anaconda is extremely my poo poo

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Grind Imperial Rank, btw, to answer your question. Get a mother loving Cutter and let's go fly multicrew and have the best adventures!

It seems natural the Diamond Frogs shipmaker of choice is guletyama or whatever makes them sexy sexy ships. :fap:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Space Skeleton posted:

The Clipper is supposed to be "fast but not maneuverable" but in reality once you hit the magical 720t with A rated thrusters it starts turning like an Eagle. I wonder if the Cutter will be the same.
I would expect so. The Clipper is loving huge already (it's nearly as big as an Anaconda) so the Cutter isn't going to be that much bigger and I assume it'll be one size larger on most of the internals leaving the performance roughly the same. I'm expecting the Cutter's hardpoints to be similar to a combination of Clipper and Courier with the C3s in the nacelles. C2's on the wings and the huge under the nose.

My only concern for the Cutter is the shields because the Clipper has kind of garbage shields in comparison to stuff like the Python but given how high the Courier's base shield values are maybe it won't be a problem.

Insert name here posted:

I'm a little disappointed at only a single large since I was hoping for a straight up better version of my Cannonconda gunwise (C4 cannon + 3x C3 cannons :getin:), but a more maneuverable Anaconda is extremely my poo poo
The Corvette seems really good to me. From what I can tell, it has much better hardpoint placement than the Anaconda (which I think is horrible as most of you know by now :v:) and if they ever put in C4 beams or multicannons in it'll be an absolute monster. They also said it has decent shields so I'm hoping for somewhere around the FdL level. I also think it also looks better than the Anaconda.

I'm thinking at this stage that the Anaconda will be the best all rounder of the large ships (and the best at exploration/cargo stuff), the Fed Corvette will be the best at packing straight up firepower (especially against larger targets) and the Cutter will be the best at ramming things and looking/sounding the best.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 10, 2015

Sard
May 11, 2012

I really hope the command section of the Corvette can be detached and used as a captain's yacht. It looks like it should.

also they better put vibrant paint packs out for these pronto

Sard fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 10, 2015

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I've got a huge problem with these announcements and its that I want both the Cutter and the Corvette. :colbert:

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8iNq2LI0g0]

Wow.

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 10, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Literally Kermit posted:

It seems natural the Diamond Frogs shipmaker of choice is guletyama or whatever makes them sexy sexy ships. :fap:
Imperial Gutamaya Corporation.

I guess it really does make you go blind!

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Space Skeleton posted:

It's an imperial ship, what does ur heart tell u~~

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Hot dang the animation for the C4 hardpoint hatches on the corvette :swoon:

EDIT: I think the Cutter looks kind of awkward from the front but DAT rear end

Though I'm a little disappointed that the flight cabin appears to be a copy-paste of the Clipper's cockpit.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Paramemetic posted:

It's an imperial ship, what does ur heart tell u~~
That Gutamaya is the best and my Cutter is going to be a giant ramming dildo of doom :getin:

3 posted:

Though I'm a little disappointed that the flight cabin appears to be a copy-paste of the Clipper's cockpit.
I don't get it, how can you improve on perfection :confused:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

3 posted:

Hot dang the animation for the C4 hardpoint hatches on the corvette :swoon:

EDIT: I think the Cutter looks kind of awkward from the front but DAT rear end

Except it isn't? Like at all. It's like saying the Python's cockpit is a C/P of the Cobra's.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mercurius posted:

The Corvette seems really good to me. From what I can tell, it has much better hardpoint placement than the Anaconda (which I think is horrible as most of you know by now :v:) and if they ever put in C4 beams or multicannons in it'll be an absolute monster. They also said it has decent shields so I'm hoping for somewhere around the FdL level. I also think it also looks better than the Anaconda.

I'm thinking at this stage that the Anaconda will be the best all rounder of the large ships (and the best at exploration/cargo stuff), the Fed Corvette will be the best at packing straight up firepower (especially against larger targets) and the Cutter will be the best at ramming things and looking/sounding the best.
My only hope right now is that the damage modelling on the Corvette is as good as a conda. I love getting torn the gently caress up in a conda and spending the next 15 minutes looking at the model:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

amazeballs posted:

I've got a huge problem with these announcements and its that I want both the Cutter and the Corvette. :colbert:

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8iNq2LI0g0]

Wow.

Oh my loving god this makes me so happy. I'm going to land Boss Orange on a random planet and spend the rest of my life driving around it. Bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Except it isn't? Like at all. It's like saying the Python's cockpit is a C/P of the Cobra's.

To clarify, I didn't mean it was an exact duplicate, I was just hoping for more than just the two front seats for the Imperial Babby Capital; the Anaconda and Corvette both have essentially naval bridges.

• Locked thread