Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

TNG posted:

After the 2nd season at least.

Pretty sure Ali was dead after the second season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kuroyama posted:

Doesn't quite count. Ali is a terrorist, and a clown, but the two don't intersect in some way. At least Trowa incorporated his trapeze routine into his piloting.

He does some sweet acrobatics with the Arche's beam sabre feet.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Droyer posted:

Pretty sure Ali was dead after the second season

Meaning that after season 2 was all said and done, Ali turned out to be both a clown and a terrorist.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Crossposting from the Gunpla thread:

Lanz posted:

It's wonderful

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I want a whole series of model kits and figures based on 0079's poor animation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

closeted republican posted:

I want a whole series of model kits and figures based on 0079's poor animation.

Rapeface RX-78?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Arcsquad12 posted:

Rapeface RX-78?

i'm afraid i'm going to need this one explained

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Gyra_Solune posted:

?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gyra_Solune posted:

When Ramba Ral dies, and the Gundam shows up outside with its vent grills upside down, giving it a creepy face.
Around 1:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIZnb-aaSPQ

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

i'm dying

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I just want an RX-78 model that changes wildly in shape and proportion every time I look away from it, preferably without drug use

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Booourns posted:

I just want an RX-78 model that changes wildly in shape and proportion every time I look away from it, preferably without drug use

Stick one in a microwave and blink slowly.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
They're coming out with these, and they are about as close to 0079's animation models as you can get. And you know, not look awful. I'm pumped for these.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/10/robot-spirits-ms-06s-chars-zaku-ii-ver.html
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/10/robot-spirits-ms-06-mass-production_26.html

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I'm a bit worried that the non-Char Zaku II isn't up for preorder yet. I hope it's not P-Bandai. :ohdear:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The Dom isn't either yet (I think), so I expect those two to go up at the same time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

From the mecha thread

a kitten posted:

No, this one.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Even in cosplay nobody likes Lightning Gundam

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Even in cosplay nobody likes Lightning Gundam
In all fairness, Lightning Gundam has a big backpack that'd make it difficult to fit through doorways, as well as be very easy to damage by just about anything. And then you'd have to lug something that weighs a lot on your back during the day. So it's less unpopularity and more a case of favoring practical assembly/movement on a convention floor.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Midjack posted:

From the mecha thread

quote:

No, this one.

Fly! Gundam

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Midjack posted:

From the mecha thread

a kitten posted:

No, this one.

Lanz fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 9, 2015

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I'm reminded again how awesome Sergei Smirnov is. And I'm just laughing at how hard the Trinities got played in season 1.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Logicblade posted:

I'm reminded again how awesome Sergei Smirnov is. And I'm just laughing at how hard the Trinities got played in season 1.

The Trinities were truly impressive insofar as they were basically genetically engineered to fail at everything they did. They were allowed one moment of unbridled success(the rescue in the desert) and then every other battle they ever fought that wasn't against unarmed civilians was a total blowout in their opponents' favor. Even Nena ultimately completely failed at her goal in the end.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

If I'm not super concerned with learning about the backstories and character tropes of Gundam and mostly want spectacle and nice animation which series would I want to watch?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Erg posted:

If I'm not super concerned with learning about the backstories and character tropes of Gundam and mostly want spectacle and nice animation which series would I want to watch?

Build fighters season one.

Build fighters has several of the most impressive fights over the course of its run time, is easy to follow and drama light. It is basically the go to show if you want flashy gundam action.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

Build fighters season one.

Build fighters has several of the most impressive fights over the course of its run time, is easy to follow and drama light. It is basically the go to show if you want flashy gundam action.

This. If you're really not interested in anything but cool robot fights Build Fighters classic is the way to go.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Erg posted:

If you don't give a poo poo about stories or characters and just want amazing animation of robots kicking the poo poo out of each other, Build Fighters S1, Unicorn, and 0083 are the best shows to watch.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Also, IBO.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I have a feelin that unicorn plays pretty well to someone thats not jaded by the sort of cyclical nature of uc gundam shows (which I assume someone new to the series wouldnt be).

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DamnGlitch posted:

I have a feelin that unicorn plays pretty well to someone thats not jaded by the sort of cyclical nature of uc gundam shows (which I assume someone new to the series wouldnt be).

Yeah and heck, it can be a good way to tell what outside of the robot fights they'd like about the franchise.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IBO has multiple episodes with no fights and just world development so I don't think that is a good choice.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

IBO has multiple episodes with no fights and just world development so I don't think that is a good choice.

Yeah I'm honestly not down on that kind of stuff but I was looking for some cool, mindless fun to see if I got hooked on the franchise. The only thing I know about Gundam is that the mechs look p awesome.

The first episode and a half of Build Fighters has been just what I was looking for, thanks everyone that recommended it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you just want pretty robots hitting each other, watch 0083

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think even people new to the series would notice the stupidity abounds in 0083.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 11, 2015

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If you want to be infected with fail-AIDS, watch 0083.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
IBO has two episodes out of five so far without fights and the plot moves at a good pace, it's not exactly sedate.

Erg posted:

I was looking for some cool, mindless fun to see if I got hooked on the franchise.

Honestly, individual Gundam timelines are so different that there's no guarantee you'll like any one Gundam show even if you like another. Reconguista is another good pick if you just want pretty robots fighting each other.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Srice posted:

Hey now....

The first OP is good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Hey now....

The first OP is good

Heck, I can agree that hitting up the OPs on youtube is a good idea!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Both OPs are good, and deliciously Eighties despite the show getting released a couple of years too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Srice posted:

I don't need to watch 0083 to have fail-AIDS!