Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Skiitari are definitely best served as a support army. They pair quite well with space marines, as skiitari in drop pods are pretty scary. I like 10 man vanguard with 3 arc rifles, or 5 man vanguard with 2 plasma culverins. They're a bit fragile, but they can put down some nasty shooting when they deep strike. Two squads of 3 arc rifles will take down a knight no problem. One squad kills a land raider on odds (assuming you've used their ability to boost BS to 5 or better)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sir Teabag posted:

They're not so much as full army as an expansion. You can play with nothing but Skitarii but they don't have any troops, transports, HQ, or fliers. I believe there are about 5 or 6 different types of units in the book, and the majority of them are based on two to three kits if I'm correct.

Why would they make a whole codex for 6 units?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

boom boom boom posted:

They've made codices with less!

:suicide:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

So that they can make a second codex with the other six units in the army.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm still trying to figure out the mental gymnastics on why those two had to be seprated.

The boring and short answer is money.

The more interesting (and equally GW-esque) answer is that they don't want to have rules out without models, or models without rules, so they released half the army with their rules first, then the second half of the army with the second half of the rules later. When AdMech eventually get redone, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all in the same book.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SRM posted:

The boring and short answer is money.

The more interesting (and equally GW-esque) answer is that they don't want to have rules out without models, or models without rules, so they released half the army with their rules first, then the second half of the army with the second half of the rules later. When AdMech eventually get redone, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all in the same book.

The more interesting answer unfortunately makes very little sense, given that both rulebooks were released within the same 6 months and all the models were done well before either codex was released

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Money was of course always the real answer.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

This is pretty pro-click.

Come back AbusePuppy :(

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Not to really argue you with you because you are right but it's really hard to get angry or try to correct other people when we constantly use "gently caress" in conjunction with everything.
I try my best to ignore and not use it myself even if I am really loving you up/no lube/raw dog.

What's wrong with loving? If people don't like profanity I tone it down, otherwise: I'm gonna push your poo poo in.

SRM posted:

I'm on day 10 of painting these grots. Batch painting 34 models at once was a bad idea.

:rip: bro. I batch painted 26 Guardians all at once for my brother, did a real nice job on them, it was a harrible slog.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I batch painted 23 breachers last year... it took me all year and I wanted to die.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

This is pretty pro-click.

Come back AbusePuppy :(

It's the pro-est of clicks.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Still better than the original two unit knight book lol.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TheChirurgeon posted:

The more interesting answer unfortunately makes very little sense, given that both rulebooks were released within the same 6 months and all the models were done well before either codex was released

It makes perfect sense if you assume that spending multiple continuous months worth of complete release windows on one new army might not be a great gamble to take with your quarterlies.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 11, 2015

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

????????

Didn't Blood Angels just get a new book? I'm guessing this is a random model release for some reason.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

????????

Didn't Blood Angels just get a new book? I'm guessing this is a random model release for some reason.

Where's this from? That is one sexy Chaplain

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Safety Factor posted:

????????

That's a decent looking Chaplain but jesus christ if there's another BA book already.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Well, they've gotta do something about the fact that the new Space Marine Codex hosed the Blood Angels out of a point of BS on their scouts. That merits a whole new Codex release, doesn't it? Right, guys?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That's one of the better new releases in my opinion.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Safety Factor posted:

????????

It's a nice jump pack chaplain with a Mk4 pack, so thinking it will be suitable for the Heresy.

The Terminator character looks a lot like the one from the Deathstorm boxed set.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That's one sexy Chaplain, dig the design on the armour. Might shave off the Blood Angels bits and jam in him my Heresy force. Part of me wants to think it's part of a new Deathstorm/Stormfang box thing, though considering the last campaign box was Blood Angels as well it's a little weird.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

DO IT TO IT posted:

That's a decent looking Chaplain but jesus christ if there's another BA book already.

If they give BA Stormtalons I'd be pretty ok with another release. Maybe make our Dreadnoughts not poo poo as well.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
In the back of my mind, I'm hoping we're getting the Reclusiarch back, but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

In the back of my mind, I'm hoping we're getting the Reclusiarch back, but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Interrogator-Chaplains forever. :c00lbert:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
That's gotta be a new Lemartes right?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I have no idea, are Chimeras still the primo method of getting guard-sized units (which I assume the Skitarii are) from point a to point b? Or are there better Imperial related transport options?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I have no idea, are Chimeras still the primo method of getting guard-sized units (which I assume the Skitarii are) from point a to point b? Or are there better Imperial related transport options?

For Skitarii? Drop Pods are the way of the future. Marines can take them as Fast Attack options now if I'm not mistaken, allowing Skitarii allies to deploy in them. Combine that with the natural Relentless and some Arc Rifles/Plasma Cavaliers and you've got some seriously disgusting shooting behind enemy lines Turn 1/2.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
A couple days off from finishing my oath, have a box of new Devastators I've been holding on to for more than a month. I am going to attempt to magnetize every weapon option, wish me luck...

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

????????

:shepspends:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

TheChirurgeon posted:

I don't see how it could be anything else.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

OhDearGodNo posted:

I don't see how it could be anything else.

I doubt it, Lemartes got a new model along with the codex before the current one and it isn't nearly as bad as the really old one. I don't see it being replaced, but you never know. Maybe they want to upgrade him to plastic. :shrug:

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

I doubt it, Lemartes got a new model along with the codex before the current one and it isn't nearly as bad as the really old one. I don't see it being replaced, but you never know. Maybe they want to upgrade him to plastic. :shrug:

Also, Lemartes uses a bolt pistol. This new model has an infernus pistol.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

They're apparently reboxing the Execution Force assassins and releasing a few characters, if that's the new Lemartes it's a huge improvement and a cool model regardless.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

ineptmule posted:

I got what you need BC, PM me to discuss.

Hixson posted:

I have a bunch of metal squat models bouncing around in my bits bin. If you want them they're yours

SRM posted:

Check your inbox.
Goon charity is the best thing about this topic by a long shot. Love all you guys. Hope I've got some free bits for the next person who needs them to pass the good deeds on!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Chaplain looks ril good but he has bendy spaghetti legs. There's a condition for that kind of bone warping, something about growing up with rickets, maybe?

My pet peeve is bad proportions, right after tanks being so tiny that their pilots couldn't possibly fit into them, but look at this poo poo:

What the gently caress.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 11, 2015

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

drgnvale posted:

Move to Washington and take all of my unbuilt crap.

poo poo, I'll just take it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kilo147 posted:

poo poo, I'll just take it.

no no

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

More stuff to will to Broken Loose if I die.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

quote:

Leman Russ Battle Tank
Armed with the most powerful weapons in the armory of the Astra Militarum, a Leman Russ Battle Tank is a rolling testament to the fundamental flaws with the Imperium’s understanding of technology and the sciences. Though the barrel of its main cannon is is larger than a man’s torso across, the vehicle is equipped with no stabilizers or recoil reduction of any kind, ensuring that virtually all of its shots go off-target, especially when moving at speed. Not only that, but the immense shudders that wrack its ninety-ton chassis (which itself is more than 30% overweight for the engine it uses and puts crippling stress on the bogies and suspension) every time the main gun is fired ensure that the variety of other weapons inevitably plated on to make up for deficiencies in firepower are likewise unable to hit anything except by the blindest of luck. Truly, no vehicle better epitomizes the nature of the Imperial Guard- unwieldy, pounderous, and functional only by virtue of sheer, dogged perseverance in the face of its own crippling deficiencies.

:golfclap:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Safety Factor posted:

????????

Looks like a random model they missed from the last release. It's coming out with the individual assassins and BA captain from Deathstorm.

Oh, and a tech priest who inexplicably needs to be packaged with a WHOLE GODDAMN TANK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Holy poo poo that new Chaplain owns and it's been a while since I've had that reaction to a 40k release.

• Locked thread