Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cythereal posted:

3 is fun if you can ignore the game's less-than-subtle theme that you the player are a callous bastard for enjoying the game.

2 is the same thing but it really just makes you be the worst person ever. A worst-person shooter.

Seriously, you want to ambush a group of dudes guarding a spot? Shoot one of them in the gut. He'll fall down in pain and his buddies will run over so you can pick them off too. Or just burn the grasses around them and watch the ring of fire slowly close in. There's a part where you run upstairs when attacking a house and stop the enemy radioman from calling back to base that you're attacking them. He promises not to say anything if you promise not to shoot him. What do 90% of players do after he stops broadcasting? Shoot him anyway! He keeps his end of the bargain even if you don't kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
And Fary Cry 1 is a really competent stealth-action game that managed to age incredibly well, where the last 10% of it is complete garbage because it has a bunch of monsters in it for no reason that attack you out of nowhere.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Scooby, still looking for his next hit of 'Scooby Snax'

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

cyberia posted:

If I haven't played the other Far Cry games should I start at 4 or get the other ones first?

Their plots are unrelated, but all four are great games.

Just don’t start with 2. I love it, but it’s definitely divisive in a way the others are not.

Dozeworthy
Oct 9, 2012
Jeb Bush: 'Hell yeah' I'd kill baby Hitler

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
From the Timaru Herald, a small New Zealand newspaper, I present the best thing I have ever read in a newspaper.

"New Race Relations Commissioner not afraid to call a spade a spade."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

rock rock posted:

From the Timaru Herald, a small New Zealand newspaper, I present the best thing I have ever read in a newspaper.

"New Race Relations Commissioner not afraid to call a spade a spade."

I don't get it. :confused:

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Tiggum posted:

I don't get it. :confused:

You've never heard "spade" as a racial slur for black people?

I guess there are a whoooole lot of perjorative terms for people with dark skin, so it can be hard to have heard all of them.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

A spade is a derogatory term for black people as well as being a shovel type.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Peebla posted:

You've never heard "spade" as a racial slur for black people?

I guess there are a whoooole lot of perjorative terms for people with dark skin, so it can be hard to have heard all of them.

You never really hear it in the US. You'll hear just about every other one, if in no other context than when some genius running for public office opens his mouth and a word like "jigaboo" falls out and splatters on the microphone.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

You never really hear it in the US. You'll hear just about every other one, if in no other context than when some genius running for public office opens his mouth and a word like "jigaboo" falls out and splatters on the microphone.

"Spade" has some sort of 60's/70's slur feel to it to me. Not really sure why.

And God drat if I wouldn't die laughing if some politician hosed up and said "jigaboo" on camera. Can we reanimate Strom? He seemed like someone that said it in private a lot.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Tony Phillips posted:

And God drat if I wouldn't die laughing if some politician hosed up and said "jigaboo" on camera. Can we reanimate Strom? He seemed like someone that said it in private a lot.

Reminds me of how almost a decade ago George Allen somehow invented a new offensive slur during his campaign trail for senate

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cythereal posted:

3 is fun if you can ignore the game's less-than-subtle theme that you the player are a callous bastard for enjoying the game.

That's ultimately the theme of 4 as well.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Its a bit more subtle there though. That and the fact that a large number of things you do are simply straight out good stuff. Rescuing people from people trafficers and kidnappers doesn't really have that much moral complexity.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
lol wrong thread

Hogge Wild has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Nov 10, 2015

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Let's not forget Bla people from Rick Santorum

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

from the thread Did not know Lowtax hated Veterans:

I think you're looking for this thread.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Funny you should say that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Rl65upsqE

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hahahaha, oh my. She should have just started tap dancing and pretend waving her hat.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Looks like she meant to say rigmarole but was too stupid to get it out.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

what...what did she think she was saying

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

theflyingorc posted:

what...what did she think she was saying

If I remember right, her claim was that her... grandmother, I think, used to say it and she was unaware it was a slur.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think you're looking for this thread.

lol

i clicked ctrl f and then searched for quote

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

catlord posted:

If I remember right, her claim was that her... grandmother, I think, used to say it and she was unaware it was a slur.

I think its a safe bet to just assume everything out of old people's mouths are racial slurs at this point. Think her co-anchor had a nice little chat about it once they were off the air?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

It's worth noting that:

quote:

rocket
Scottish Slang: An idiot. Someone who's daft in the head. Has little grip on reality.

see skyhook

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Tony Phillips posted:

There's a whole bunch of 'em that I think fell out of favor in the '70s after Archie Bunker used them every other episode on All in the Family. The only place you ever hear "spade" in the wild anymore is when SNL puts together a clip show that includes that Chevy Chase/Richard Pryor word-association sketch.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lazlo Nibble posted:

There's a whole bunch of 'em that I think fell out of favor in the '70s after Archie Bunker used them every other episode on All in the Family. The only place you ever hear "spade" in the wild anymore is when SNL puts together a clip show that includes that Chevy Chase/Richard Pryor word-association sketch.

Deaaad honky.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Took me a moment to spot it, but :ughh:

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

I've had that dream.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Gee,swap the genders and I don't think anyone would find that very funny. Just another example of male privilege I guess

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

Gee,swap the genders and I don't think anyone would find that very funny. Just another example of male privilege I guess

Is this sarcasm or not? I can't tell anymore.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

Is this sarcasm or not? I can't tell anymore.

Not really. It may be a cliche, but it's true for this.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I didn't find it funny either way.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Being bound, starved, and raped over the course of several days seems pretty nightmarish regardless of the genders involved.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

syscall girl posted:

Looks like she meant to say rigmarole but was too stupid to get it out.

Maybe the daft twat meant Hulabaloo

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

Being bound, starved, and raped over the course of several days seems pretty nightmarish regardless of the genders involved.

Which is reflected in the flippancy of the article, the inclusion of the 'funny' quote about the jeans, and his being arrested.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Why do they have to mention that the belt shop owner was black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mechanical Pencil posted:

Maybe the daft twat meant Hulabaloo

Oh yeah, could be.

And I didn't mean to sound misogynistic but whenever I see a FOX news team I think stupid-rear end in a top hat-puppet-people and well, that knee-jerk hasn't steered me wrong.