Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah you get exactly one fusion core for the PA when you first get it and mine ran out before the sequence at the police station was even through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah you get exactly one fusion core for the PA when you first get it and mine ran out before the sequence at the police station was even through

I found two i think, can't exactly recall, in Lexington area. One was in the super market and the other in that giant chemical place with raiders.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I haven't gotten very far yet. How do I refill the health of Power Armor bits? Because my Power Armor lost a few bits in the tutorial Deathclaw fight and I'd like to put them back. I don't see them in the Armor Workshop. Should I just scrap 'em and build a cool post-apocalyptic bong out of them?

Also: This has probably been posted, but here's a good INI tweak guide. I turned off the intro video and adjusted the FOV to be a little nicer, and it worked out pretty well!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was going to laugh at “tutorial deathclaw fight” but Skyrim had a tutorial dragon fight so I guess it was a given

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

The Kins posted:

I haven't gotten very far yet. How do I refill the health of Power Armor bits? Because my Power Armor lost a few bits in the tutorial Deathclaw fight and I'd like to put them back. I don't see them in the Armor Workshop. Should I just scrap 'em and build a cool post-apocalyptic bong out of them?

Exit your suit by a power armour station (yellow frame thingy - there's one in the garage at the Red Rocket gas station) and then interact with it. It'll bring up an interface where you can repair and mod the various armour parts.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Snatch Duster posted:

I found two i think, can't exactly recall, in Lexington area. One was in the super market and the other in that giant chemical place with raiders.

There's also one in the downstairs part of the Museum of Freedom (where you get the armor) behind a locked gate you can open either by picking or the terminal where you save the Minutement.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!
Next on the list is armour for Dogmeat, I'm not wasting any more stimpak's on him.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Is there a quick way to figure out where your companions are at? I sent Dogmeat to one of the settlements and now I can't find him.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

MOAR posted:

Next on the list is armour for Dogmeat, I'm not wasting any more stimpak's on him.

Sorry, but dog armor doesn't have stats, it's just cosmetic.

Companions are immortal and heal up after a fight so just don't stim them unless you have to

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MOAR posted:

I have never healed my dog. He's invulnerable and will do just fine on his own.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

evilmiera posted:

Is there a quick way to figure out where your companions are at? I sent Dogmeat to one of the settlements and now I can't find him.

He goes to a doghouse. Sucks, but you gotta look for him. I ended up demolishing the doghouse I found him in at Sanctuary and building one next to my base.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand the complaints about this game. As soon as you get to the part with the molerats it's clear that everything is on a whole new level.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

My god they put no effort into the writing or the voice acting. It's just awful, this dialogue is so bland. None of your responses have even the slightest bit of character to them. If they didn't want to put any effort in they should have just gone balls to the wall here's a drunk couple from Boston we found at a Red Sox game we pay them in beer and they are our only voice actors. At least they would have put some emotion into the lines.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The French Army! posted:

My god they put no effort into the writing or the voice acting. It's just awful, this dialogue is so bland. None of your responses have even the slightest bit of character to them. If they didn't want to put any effort in they should have just gone balls to the wall here's a drunk couple from Boston we found at a Red Sox game we pay them in beer and they are our only voice actors. At least they would have put some emotion into the lines.

Cinematic experience.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If you're constantly running low on adhesive for crafting, this amzing tip was posted at NeoGAF. I can't believe I never noticed before that the vegetable starch you can make at cooking stations was an adhesive.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Game is pretty good, if you like this type of game. If you expected anything else than what you get here, you must not be familiar with Bethesda and I'm sorry.

Punch arms off of feral ghouls, and heads so hard they explode.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What weapons are radiation weapons?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Speech checks still seem to be semirandom which sucks because it just incentivizes quickloading until you get it. I liked the New Vegas system where it showed you the number and how far you were from it so it so you could weigh your booster consumption, no probabilities involved.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

bethesda stealing my thunder
Game of the year.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The house building stuff is really cool but there's a bug with a fair few items like bottles and antique globes and so on where if you stand them up and travel away and then come back the items clip halfway through the surface they're on and that makes me very sad :(

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Drunk in Space posted:

Exit your suit by a power armour station (yellow frame thingy - there's one in the garage at the Red Rocket gas station) and then interact with it. It'll bring up an interface where you can repair and mod the various armour parts.
Thanks, I must have missed that.

While I'm asking for help with Skyrim With Guns, is there like a snap-to-grid thing for the house building?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I feel like people complaining about the voice acting aren't choosing the sarcastic/rude options enough.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Hamburger Test posted:

Game is pretty good, if you like this type of game. If you expected anything else than what you get here, you must not be familiar with Bethesda and I'm sorry.

Punch arms off of feral ghouls, and heads so hard they explode.

They made the feral ghouls scary and strong too. Maybe I just suck but I'm dying a lot on normal and loving it.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Songbearer posted:

The house building stuff is really cool but there's a bug with a fair few items like bottles and antique globes and so on where if you stand them up and travel away and then come back the items clip halfway through the surface they're on and that makes me very sad :(

I had the same problem with some items like "bug in a jar" in my Skyrim houses

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

The French Army! posted:

My god they put no effort into the writing or the voice acting. It's just awful, this dialogue is so bland. None of your responses have even the slightest bit of character to them.

Regarding the male VA, I don't think it's necessarily his fault, as there are times (few and far between) when he sounds alright. I particularly liked the cadence with which he says "I'll find who did this . . ." when you open your wife's pod, which sounds really loving ominous in a "I'm going to psycho murder a lot of people" kind of way. But then the dude gets out of the vault and immediately turns into a meek, whimpering little pissant who can barely form questions without sounding like he's about to cry. I think he's just been badly directed.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Do all workbenches share storage? Like if I find one out in the world and store stuff there will they be available everywhere else or stick at just that one bench?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So can anything be done about that radioactive crater at the drive-in or are settlers just expected to deal with it?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Springfield Fatts posted:

Do all workbenches share storage? Like if I find one out in the world and store stuff there will they be available everywhere else or stick at just that one bench?

Just that one bench.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just that one bench.

Fuuuuuck. Guess it's time to back track.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Drunk in Space posted:

Regarding the male VA, I don't think it's necessarily his fault, as there are times (few and far between) when he sounds alright. I particularly liked the cadence with which he says "I'll find who did this . . ." when you open your wife's pod, which sounds really loving ominous in a "I'm going to psycho murder a lot of people" kind of way. But then the dude gets out of the vault and immediately turns into a meek, whimpering little pissant who can barely form questions without sounding like he's about to cry. I think he's just been badly directed.

Soooooo like Mass Effect the female VA is better?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Is there any way to tag materials for searching manually? The current way is pretty janky and I accidentally un-searched adhesive but still have one left so can't tag it the normal way.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Like the second quest in and I've got a guy with power armor firing mini nukes at me I think I went to the wrong place.

Still killed him with a pistol.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Turns out Boston was the world's supplier of Fat Men and Power Armor! :v:

i could really go for less raiders in power armor one shotting me with mininukes on very easy

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Two questions: Am I just not seeing it, or is there no way to see what my current weight is and what an items weight is when looting? I'd like to know that before picking everything up like a vacuum.

Also, is there any way (other than altering the .ini) to set the deadzone on the controller in game? It's making lockpicking way more difficult than it needs to be.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Snatch Duster posted:

There's also one hidden in a cave under the first Red Rocket (you gotta go down the road some and then turn around). You'll eat a bunch of rads trying to get at it though so be careful. Maybe cook up that roach meat you've been holding onto and eat one before you grab the core (it'll be pretty obvious)

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

PantsBandit posted:

I feel like people complaining about the voice acting aren't choosing the sarcastic/rude options enough.

those are even worse

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

those are even worse

Disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed telling crazy soothsayer lady to stfu about destinies and poo poo.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Should have brought the DA2 voice actress in to record only the sarcastic lines of PC dialogue. Even if your character is male.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Chomp8645 posted:

Should have brought the DA2 voice actress in to record only the sarcastic lines of PC dialogue. Even if your character is male.

Yeah, Sarcasm in this game ranges from purple-Hawke to 'spitting in the face of a man with a minigun and power armor'.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The Kins posted:

Thanks, I must have missed that.

While I'm asking for help with Skyrim With Guns, is there like a snap-to-grid thing for the house building?

If you're making a building it works far better to lay down floors first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

You can equip your settlers with stuff by giving them stuff and then press T to equip it from their inventory.

• Locked thread