Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

sandoz posted:

game still owns though somehow? v:stare:v

i have a high tolerance for bethesda bugginess, and im enjoying the crap out of fallout 4

however, i understand why other people wouldn't enjoy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
yeah one thing that sucked about new vegas was literally that although the game had four 'major' endings, they all werent that great because it was choosing between the three lovely factions or telling them all to gently caress off.

i really liked honest hearts tho it was a good dlc. old world blues was ok, james urbaniak basically played dr venture and it was fun

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

duTrieux. posted:

how the gently caress does that even happen

guessing somehow camera position got written into player position

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

lol legacy of the void plot spoilers

the xel'naga can actually jump between dimensions and have created equivalents of the protoss and the zerg an infinite number of times and blah blah blah they're not just Super Advanced theyre actual literal gods lol

Notorious QIG posted:

it's loving dumb

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

duTrieux. posted:

thanks to everybody playtesting fallout 4 for me during this, bethesda's traditional open beta period.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Jenny Agutter posted:

guessing somehow camera position got written into player position
which would somehow imply that bethesda's solution to zooming is to physically move the camera closer

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Blackula69 posted:

low effort, didn't even buy me red text saying "teh puppetmaster"

gently caress off retard.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Notorious QIG posted:

the xel'naga can actually jump between dimensions and have created equivalents of the protoss and the zerg an infinite number of times and blah blah blah they're not just Super Advanced theyre actual literal gods lol

I guess technically that's different from his usual plot at least

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

madeupfred posted:

gently caress off retard.

really solid contribution to the thread you weirdo

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

which would somehow imply that bethesda's solution to zooming is to physically move the camera closer

what did you expect from bathesda?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

bethesda owns id, right? does gamebryo/creation involve any input from carmack, before he left?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

bethesda owns id, right? does gamebryo/creation involve any input from carmack, before he left?

yes, no

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

seeing as gamebryo was made by a company called gamebase and bethesda just licence it im going to go with no

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

plenty of games use gamebryo and manage not to be flaming poo poo heaps, it's a magical bethesda ability

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Space-Pope posted:

how do games normally do it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it's not gamebryo anymore, bethesda made their own version called creation. so theoretically they should have more control and be able to improve things

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

lowering fov would probably do it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Blackula69 posted:

it's not gamebryo anymore, bethesda made their own version called creation. so theoretically they should have more control and be able to improve things

it's literally just gamebryo still though

same console commands and files

i think that it's even still referred to as gamebryo in the files

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

yeah, it's just high-res gamebryo. so did they pay that company off? I don't think they're licensing it anymore. I assume they must have. either way it's totally inexcusable how many problems seem baked into the engine

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

how do games normally do it
lower the field of view of the camera, so you're spreading a smaller area of the game space over the same screen area. bam, zoom

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah if they moved the camera you'd get a different image than if you zoomed like a normal telescope (which would flatten perspective)

I'd expect this bug to happen with a security camera or something, not a telescope

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Notorious QIG posted:

they are literally writing themselves a loop to connect Starcraft and Warcraft. they have an exactly similar scenario with the WoW story. even the whole Purity of this or that.

Metzen is a hack who needs to chiggity-check hisself

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

an irradiated lake? hmm i could tromp through this depressing pseudo-canadian suburban woodland shoreline dodging two-headed moose and mirelurks or no wait I'll just stomp stomp stomp right across the bottom in my power armor

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

scamtank posted:

an irradiated lake? hmm i could tromp through this depressing pseudo-canadian suburban woodland shoreline dodging two-headed moose and mirelurks or no wait I'll just stomp stomp stomp right across the bottom in my power armor

pop rad-x and swim through it imo

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

can you craft power armor batteries?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

no

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

they are literally writing themselves a loop to connect Starcraft and Warcraft. they have an exactly similar scenario with the WoW story. even the whole Purity of this or that.

Metzen is a hack who needs to chiggity-check hisself

this was obvious from the moment the titans were ever mentioned in warcraft

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Rexicon1 posted:

Metzen is a hack

it is known. cool wc2 book art though

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Clockwerk posted:

it is known. cool wc2 book art though

counterpoint

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

he's a guy who could either be selling his childish pencil and ink sketches at a north Missouri comic book convention but instead those drawing catapulted him to stardom

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

there's an infinite caps exploit for fo4 apparently if you're interested in that kind of thing but it's being described by a bunch of illiterate YouTubers so I don't really know how it works

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Blackula69 posted:

yes

code:
>player.additem 00075FE4

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

counterpoint

dont post my okcupid profile pic

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

there's an infinite caps exploit for fo4 apparently if you're interested in that kind of thing but it's being described by a bunch of illiterate YouTubers so I don't really know how it works

console commands aren't really exploits imvho

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i don't want to gently caress around with the console for a while, I find that always kind of ruins my enjoyment

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tcl is an absolute necessity in Bethesda games I've found

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cheating is boring but breaking in game mechanics can be fun

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Al! posted:

tcl is an absolute necessity in Bethesda games I've found

yeah, other than this. Which I've already had to use.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Notorious QIG posted:

counterpoint

i remember seeing this and thinking it was rad as gently caress

i may have been 12 at the time idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
a Starcraft tournament where everyone has to use trackpads

• Locked thread