Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Malloreon posted:

I wish; I'm 34, there's like 30 current players I can wear.

Tom Brady is the only one on New England I can wear. :skeltal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ross Angeles posted:

*puts on Mike Trout jersey, gives you the finger*

The Angels jersey is "gently caress you" enough

Edit: Yesss, he's 5 months older than me so I can still wear my Thomas Davis (#47 bitch, get in) jersey :)

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 11, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

At the same time don't buy a jersey after 1 half a good season, especially at a position historically known for sadness like the Bills QB. Taylor might turn into the franchise but with how swiftly things change year to year I would never buy a jersey of a player not already firmly established.

Just get generic Bills gear like hats n poo poo. At least you can wear those all the time instead of just on gameday.

He should buy a jersey from a legendary player. That's the intelligent way to go; never out of style.

Hey, LightReaper . The Bills had a top 10 all time running back for a while. See if you can get a custom Simpson jersey made. He was a really big deal in the States for a long time. He hasn't played in over 30 years and he's still a pretty well known celebrity. Tom Brady would be lucky to have the staying power Simpson has had in the public eye.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Can we agree that getting autographs aka one grown man getting another grown man's signature are kinda weird

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

Can we agree that getting autographs aka one grown man getting another grown man's signature are kinda weird

:agreed:

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
The Seahawks Hasselbeck jersey is timeless and still relevant, a perfect choice.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vhak lord of hate posted:

The Seahawks Hasselbeck jersey is timeless and still relevant, a perfect choice.

Also the oldest player most Seahawks fans can name.

Nov 6, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

"What's your name kid?"
"Ebay"

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Chichevache posted:

He should buy a jersey from a legendary player. That's the intelligent way to go; never out of style.

Hey, LightReaper . The Bills had a top 10 all time running back for a while. See if you can get a custom Simpson jersey made. He was a really big deal in the States for a long time. He hasn't played in over 30 years and he's still a pretty well known celebrity. Tom Brady would be lucky to have the staying power Simpson has had in the public eye.
Sorry dude, o j Simpson already made it over the pond in exposure, so that won't work :P

I am the same age as Tyrod, but he was born slightly earlier in the year, so he still checks out. If I were to get a bills jersey other than Tyrod I would probably go for McCoy as I love that dudes run.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If you want a Bills legend jersey, the de facto choice is Kelly #12.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Get an Andy Dalton jersey.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If you want a Bills legend jersey, the de facto choice is Kelly #12.

What about :thurman:?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

korrandark posted:

What about :thurman:?

Oh, he'd be fine too. Kelly was just more fresh in my mind because he's the only jersey the Bills have retired.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Does the #12 have the most retired numbers? Actually not being able to wear 12 in the AFCe is pretty cool.

Bills - Jim Kelly
Jets - Joe Namath
Dolphins - Bob Griese
Seahawks - Stupid 12th Man Bullshit
Patriots - Future Tom Brady

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What occasion do people even wear football jerseys? Outside of going to a game or MAYBE a viewing party, I'm not sure there's a real socially acceptable context. Oversized 90's sweatshirts from Trenches are the way to go IMO:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I wear a NaVorro Bowman jersey despite him being 2 years younger than me come at me haters.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

What occasion do people even wear football jerseys? Outside of going to a game or MAYBE a viewing party, I'm not sure there's a real socially acceptable context. Oversized 90's sweatshirts from Trenches are the way to go IMO:
I dont wear jerseys except on Jets game days. That's really the only time anyone over the age of 30 can get away with it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fsif posted:

My job has Blue Friday's where you can where whatever Seahawks gear you want as long as it's not work inappropriate so I will throw on a jersey then too

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
If I still lived in Indianapolis, I might wear my jersey once or twice out in public during a playoff run, otherwise it's just for gamedays (either at the bar, or at the game).

With so few games a year, football jerseys have the least usefulness (except for basketball jerseys, you can't wear those if you're over 30 or playing basketball, period).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

If I still lived in Indianapolis, I might wear my jersey once or twice out in public during a playoff run, otherwise it's just for gamedays (either at the bar, or at the game).

With so few games a year, football jerseys have the least usefulness (except for basketball jerseys, you can't wear those if you're over 30 or playing basketball, period).

I dunno, I'd say you'd probably get more wear out of any jersey instead of a hockey jersey. At least football jerseys are occasionally subtle.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I dunno, I'd say you'd probably get more wear out of any jersey instead of a hockey jersey. At least football jerseys are occasionally subtle.

Yeah but it's acceptable to wear hockey jerseys to the bar/games, same rule as football jerseys, and there are 5x as many games.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

that's why you get a picture instead.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Fat guys - we all know it. Leave the jersey at home

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I've been waiting for the hammer to drop since week 3 and I'm getting scared.

I always forget that you're a steelers fan

The Bengals success has been a long time coming, there's no reason to begrudge that

Nov 6, 2002

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Fat guys - we all know it. Leave the jersey at home

If people don't wear jerseys or camo in public how can I judge them?

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

FizFashizzle posted:

Also the oldest player most Seahawks fans can name.

How do you think Steve Largent feels that most people know him as the name on the jersey that Macklemore wears.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
lol anyone who gives a poo poo if i wear an NFL, or a NHL, or any jersey whenever I want needs better things to worry about, and I'm 33. I really don't give a poo poo what others think, it's just another piece of clothing.

Yea you shouldn't wear it to a formal office job or a dance, but everyday use, who cares?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

NC-17 posted:

If people don't wear jerseys or camo in public how can I judge them?

Luckily for you, the NFL is combining two great fashion statements in one!

http://www.nflshop.com/Salute_To_Service/Mens_Denver_Broncos_Peyton_Manning_Nike_Green_Salute_To_Service_Limited_Jersey

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Vhak lord of hate posted:

How do you think Steve Largent feels that most people know him as the name on the jersey that Macklemore wears.

It's either that or "the guy who took Rice's number in Seattle."

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Dubious posted:

lol anyone who gives a poo poo if i wear an NFL, or a NHL, or any jersey whenever I want needs better things to worry about, and I'm 33. I really don't give a poo poo what others think, it's just another piece of clothing.

Yea you shouldn't wear it to a formal office job or a dance, but everyday use, who cares?

Society. That's what we're trying to tell you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ozu posted:

I dont wear jerseys except on Jets game days. That's really the only time anyone over the age of 30 can get away with it.

Meanwhile, in Atlanta...

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Anyone who finds jerseys weird or wrong are dumb. They are harmless ways to support your team or favorite player. It's just pointless to wear one when football isn't playing. It's like wearing a raincoat when it's blue skies. But really I could walk outside right now in my Eli jersey and while I might get a few looks no one is really going to care.

Jerseys are also kind of expensive if you get a decent one, so no one is going to casually wear around a jersey when it doesn't matter because you gotta preserve that poo poo. They are collectors items of a sort.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Febreeze posted:

Anyone who finds jerseys weird or wrong are dumb. They are harmless ways to support your team or favorite player. It's just pointless to wear one when football isn't playing. It's like wearing a raincoat when it's blue skies. But really I could walk outside right now in my Eli jersey and while I might get a few looks no one is really going to care.

Jerseys are also kind of expensive if you get a decent one, so no one is going to casually wear around a jersey when it doesn't matter because you gotta preserve that poo poo. They are collectors items of a sort.

This guys gets it (again, not facetious)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Or just do what basically everyone else does and buy a knockoff.

I'm still in my early 20s, so I can still get away with wearing a football jersey in a casual setting.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

BrownThunder posted:

An expected cowardly deed considering the other Bengals fan in the Mizzou thread suggesting the guy protesting via hunger strike should just transfer to another school. God bless
Come on BengBros, no!!!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

There's an old dude who lives in the area (mass) that wears full NY Giants and/or Yankees gear to Starbucks on weekend mornings and just kicks his feet up and sits outside if the weather is nice enough but otherwise he will sit inside and sometimes hit on baristas.

I think i've posted his pic on here before. He's cool as gently caress and every time I see him I give him some poo poo and then he rambles on for like 10 minutes about random poo poo (he was down in Dallas for the Giants Cowboys game in September but didn't go to to the game because he was hanging out with some babe with fake tits and then he couldn't close the deal and the giants lost lol. He's also a professor at a pretty good school in the state. ANyway that's my story on people wearing jerseys in public.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

Come on BengBros, no!!!

They could've given it to me. :smith:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's not unethical to wear a jersey in a non-football situation, but it IS dorky.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

NC-17 posted:

Tom Brady is the only one on New England I can wear. :skeltal:

Shane Lechler is the only Texan jersey I can wear under those rules :(

Also I broke the rule with Andre Johnson I guess who is slightly younger than me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

The slavery of Asian children is harmless to you?

• Locked thread