Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

They can as a result of certain faction quests.
Well there is that, but in regular combat no. I'm pretty sure Bethesda came out and said that Dogmeat doesn't die. That was my first question after the trailer came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm using the detective guy right now. Dogge always gets in my way at inopportune times :(

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dog is just bad. Also I have no idea why Valentine gets healed by stimpacks but whatever.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Larry Parrish posted:

The dog is just bad. Also I have no idea why Valentine gets healed by stimpacks but whatever.

Mods?!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Weapons crafting is loving cool.

It's you. You're the good dogge, Dogmeat. :3:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Has anybody found any interaction with the Enclave? I found the XO-1 armor but other than that not a trace of them.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
spoiler alert

there's a bunch of poo poo off the map in the southwest corner. like pretty far off the map. bring power armor.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

spoiler alert

there's a bunch of poo poo off the map in the southwest corner. like pretty far off the map. bring power armor.

Didn't find anything super interesting down there, just a few items that may be for side quests I haven't found yet. Be careful in the basement of the parking garage near the supermarket, there's a mega deathclaw in there.

In other topics there is very good news for Liberty Prime fans. He still says all the over the top patriotic poo poo while lobbing nukes.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Didn't find anything super interesting down there, just a few items that may be for side quests I haven't found yet. Be careful in the basement of the parking garage near the supermarket, there's a mega deathclaw in there.

In other topics there is very good news for Liberty Prime fans. He still says all the over the top patriotic poo poo while lobbing nukes.

I was just loving around and ran into virgil's laboratory after going to explore ground zero, then traced the boundary and found sentinel site prescott, which I presume is going to be fleshed out later because all I found in there was a shitload of ghouls and dead children of atom, and there were like 5 or 6 other things that popped up on the map that I didn't explore. power armor is for the rads in the glowing sea, though there's one of those super annoying glowing one ghouls in the sentinel site

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

I was just loving around and ran into virgil's laboratory after going to explore ground zero, then traced the boundary and found sentinel site prescott, which I presume is going to be fleshed out later because all I found in there was a shitload of ghouls and dead children of atom, and there were like 5 or 6 other things that popped up on the map that I didn't explore. power armor is for the rads in the glowing sea, though there's one of those super annoying glowing one ghouls in the sentinel site

You stumbled into one of the later BoS quests at Prescott. If you poke around the sea some more you'll find a radio tower that can be powered up to reveal three signals. One brings you to a plane crash, one to a cave with a full set of raider power armor, and the third I haven't figured out yet but it may be tied to the Ham radio in the buried church.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The most boston, enlisted girl on this side of the states. She cleans up really well i swear.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I found a gun kind of early on and threw it in my stash thinking it sucked because it was just a pipe rifle. Then I saw it again and realized I could turn it into an automatic death hose.

edit : it's not unlimited ammo, it's just you can shoot till you run out of .38 ammo.

ded fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 12, 2015

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

You stumbled into one of the later BoS quests at Prescott. If you poke around the sea some more you'll find a radio tower that can be powered up to reveal three signals. One brings you to a plane crash, one to a cave with a full set of raider power armor, and the third I haven't figured out yet but it may be tied to the Ham radio in the buried church.

Cool, I had guessed as much. Seemed like a pretty big area to have zero explanation.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Alright so I just finished bombing through the main storyline taking the BoS route. Minor spoilers about the end battle: You get to go through downtown Boston with Liberty Prime and then nuke the Institute's underground facility. There's a bird's-eye view of the nuking which is awesome, and it leaves a big water-filled crater in the city Major spoilers regarding Shaun: I told the real 60 year old Shaun that I betrayed him just because I wanted to see the Institute burn. Shot him in the face and took the ten year old Shaun synth with me. He believes that he's the real Shaun and wants to live with me.

The game just dumped me back into the world after a short cutscene with no credits or the traditional "where are they now" slideshow. BoS storyline still has more to go apparently.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ded posted:

I found a gun kind of early on and threw it in my stash thinking it sucked because it was just a pipe rifle. Then I saw it again and realized I could turn it into an automatic death hose.

edit : it's not unlimited ammo, it's just you can shoot till you run out of .38 ammo.

:stare:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The part where the BOS show up was pretty awesome.

EDIT:

Floor texture didn't load. Then further up I fell through the floor and died.

Another glitch.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Nov 12, 2015

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My roommate was rattling off some of the criticism that's been leveled toward FO4 and it sounded like it had been ripped right out of games:

"You can't just be a dick to people and be evil. So it's really limited the role playing settings."

"The interactions are too simplified so you can't see exactly what you're going to say to people."

"The crafting process is too easy now."

He also said Skyrim was bad and plays Eve so I don't really value his opinion on computer games.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

My roommate was rattling off some of the criticism that's been leveled toward FO4 and it sounded like it had been ripped right out of games:

"You can't just be a dick to people and be evil. So it's really limited the role playing settings."

"The interactions are too simplified so you can't see exactly what you're going to say to people."

"The crafting process is too easy now."

He also said Skyrim was bad and plays Eve so I don't really value his opinion on computer games.
I agree with the second one, dialogue trees work better. The third is just bizarre. Cause I really want to spend all day reading a wiki, that's fun.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Is there a trick to healing limbs I'm missing, or am I hitting a gamebug? (PC)

My legs are at like 75-80% (not enough to say crippled yet) but it's making about 10% of my total HP bar red.

Easy, right? Just like in the old fallout games, open my Pipboy, go to status, wait... I can't choose any of my limbs on the Pipguy? I can only press one butan for stimpak and one for rad meds?

Then when I back out, I shoot up with the Stimpak, and it doesn't get rid of the red or heal the limb.

Sleeping didn't work either.

Haven't gotten far enough to find a Doctor yet.

Am I just missing something basic with a UI change or are my saves borked?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Red is radiation damage. It's different this game, radiation reduces your maximum available health. Take some RadAway.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Vasudus posted:

Red is radiation damage. It's different this game, radiation reduces your maximum available health. Take some RadAway.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is there a way to make new weapons like in the previous games? I've found a few lunchbox mines in the wasteland but can't find a way to make more.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Is there a way to make new weapons like in the previous games? I've found a few lunchbox mines in the wasteland but can't find a way to make more.

Maybe unlocked as a perk?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

guys

guys

doggles

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

I don't like when dogge gets hurt. I hate his whimpers and how he sits.

:smith:

*half of the dog starts floating in the air, then he slowly rotates precisely around his center*

He acts just like a real dog!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
People that complain about the dog getting in the way inside buildings have clearly never owned a dog, or owned a dog over 60 pounds.

I'm starting to wonder if using the scrap command in workshop build mode is a better idea than building a mod that consumes an item. I've used a bunch of gold watches for springs and poo poo, yet I have no gold in my workshop.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Derp, thanks guys.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtb8xqdUBJQ

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

Poke around the credit union at CIT for a pleasant surprise.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Power armor and a Aluminium baseball bat is so loving satisfying. Knocked the head off a Legendary Super Mutant last night.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I just realized there are no steam cards for this game. I want my free 24 cents from card sales :argh:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I need to start modding weapons instead of beating legendary mole rats to death for sweet loot.

speaking of crafting, apparently adhesive is super rare? So there's a way to get an unlimited supply of it by farming foods, turning them into vegtable paste, then breaking it down to 5 adhesive. read dat poo poo hur https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sezph/psa_there_is_an_unlimited_renewable_source_of/

also, this is going to be The Castle someday...

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 12, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
here's a hot tip for pc users -- use the console to allow your character a higher weight limit. Not having to dive in the pip boy to manage inventory is a blessing.

player.modav carryweight #

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
so i got the fast travel bug, cant use it at all. loving sick game bethesda. glad i didnt pay for it

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

holocaust bloopers posted:

here's a hot tip for pc users -- use the console to allow your character a higher weight limit. Not having to dive in the pip boy to manage inventory is a blessing.

player.modav carryweight #

So the old console commands work?

Does using the commands screw with steam-chievements?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Syrian Lannister posted:

So the old console commands work?

Does using the commands screw with steam-chievements?

Yea, old console commands are good. And I dont know about achievements. I personally don't care about them so its no big to me if they're disabled.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Console commands don't stop achievements, so tgm and player.additem to your heart's content.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Console commands don't stop achievements, so tgm and player.additem to your heart's content.

:flashfap:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Dogmeat keeps blowing up mines near me. He's an rear end in a top hat, but I love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I like making him sit pretty and beg.

• Locked thread