Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Cake Attack posted:

What time is the direct?

I believe it's 5:30PM 5:00PM EST.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Good thing I like Digby better.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

What is everyone hoping for from the Nintendo Direct today? I think it'd be really cool if they announced GBA/SNES games for the 3DS virtual console.

I literally got a 3DS today and was hoping the virtual console would have Metroid Fusion and Circle of the Moon, and I was pretty disappointed that that's not the case, so I also hope that happens. :(

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I literally got a 3DS today and was hoping the virtual console would have Metroid Fusion and Circle of the Moon, and I was pretty disappointed that that's not the case, so I also hope that happens. :(

Yeah it's a bit silly that it's not an option yet. You'd think at the very least with them hyping the "EXTRA POWER!" of the N3DS they could emulate the drat GBA.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

glassyalabolas posted:

I believe it's 5:30PM EST.

That is incorrect. It is at 5:00. Here is the link. http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-12-2015/

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

What is everyone hoping for from the Nintendo Direct today? I think it'd be really cool if they announced GBA/SNES games for the 3DS virtual console.

Rhythm Heaven and Style Savvy for the US

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Still not much music up but at least Count Umbrahla theme is up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfGEEG9leP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlDca6rHQGc

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

PantsBandit posted:

Iwata hologram

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol they won't be announcing SNES or gba virtual console, or any virtual console stuff, Nintendo has forgotten about the 3ds virtual console

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Chibi Robo Zip Lash is £13 on TGC (ships everywhere in EU for cheap). No amiibo and no idea if that screws with game progress or whatever, but it's currently the cheapest price in Europe.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lol they won't be announcing SNES or gba virtual console, or any virtual console stuff, Nintendo has forgotten about the 3ds virtual console

Yeah you're probably right :(

In all likelihood the 3DS portion of the presentation will go "hey, remember Fire Emblem? It's still coming out in the US eventually!"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

crossing my fingers for kid icarus uprising 2

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah you're probably right :(

In all likelihood the 3DS portion of the presentation will go "hey, remember Fire Emblem? It's still coming out in the US eventually!"

It's so stupid too. From an "effort vs return" standpoint, there's so much money to be gained, just being left on the table. So strange.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Chibi Robo Zip Lash is £13 on TGC (ships everywhere in EU for cheap). No amiibo and no idea if that screws with game progress or whatever, but it's currently the cheapest price in Europe.

You can't get the bonus levels or figures without the Amiibo, so not much.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Here's my real predictions in no particular order:

Wii U:
- More info on Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, no release date ("2016")
- New Zelda U footage, no release date ("2016")
- New Starfox U footage, release date
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Mario Tennis
- Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
- DLC: Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon

3DS:
- Fire Emblem 3DS release date
- Hyrule Warriors 3DS release date
- Triforce Heroes blip
- Legend of Legacy blip
- Pimping out that ho called Yo-Kai Watch
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
- New 3DS, faceplates available in US (maybe in time for Christmas)
- Some sort of Virtual Console only compatible with New 3DS (SNES probably)
- Please buy Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer

General:
- Bill Trinen replaces Iwata as US Direct host
- RIP Wii U, RIP Iwata
- Why you need all this amiibo poo poo
- No mention of mobile, NX stuff

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 12, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

People are really getting their hopes up for this direct huh

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

They're gonna announce some video games

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Pokemon Snap 3DS/Wii U

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Hopefully there's news on Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam-- I think that has a chance of being very good.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Help Im Alive posted:

Just predictions from me. I have no hopes for this Direct. Well, maybe a Jibanyan faceplate I can buy in a store for $15 and not pay $40 to import from Japan.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Half Life 3 is a Wii-U exclusive.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Jarogue posted:

You can't get the bonus levels or figures without the Amiibo, so not much.

With the game at £13 it is cheaper to get the game and Amiibo separately than the combo pack around £34.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Minecraft: Wii U just got leaked by some Euro rating board so I assume that'll be there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Tatsuta Age posted:

It's so stupid too. From an "effort vs return" standpoint, there's so much money to be gained, just being left on the table. So strange.

What are you talking about?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jarogue posted:

Good thing I like Digby better.

That's kind of mean putting her between pixel Samus like that.

Also, can you only stick badges in Empty slots unless it's one of those special ones that open software or am I missing something?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Tae posted:

What are you talking about?

Nintendo refusing to just open the floodgates and crank out Virtual Console games full blast on 3DS and WiiU.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Anora posted:

That's kind of mean putting her between pixel Samus like that.

Also, can you only stick badges in Empty slots unless it's one of those special ones that open software or am I missing something?

In the badge menu on the Home screen you can select "Pin Badge To Folder" and then you select the badge and the folder. Now I have a Super Mario folder with an NES Mario and a Zelda folder with NES Link and I have spent nothing and the world is beautiful.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/664620327679332352

Something Pokemon related should be in the direct.

If they really wanted a shock announcement, Pokemon Z would probably be it. This would most likely focus on Q1 2016 and February is the 20 year anniversary of the Japanese versions of Red and Green.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

codenameFANGIO posted:

In the badge menu on the Home screen you can select "Pin Badge To Folder" and then you select the badge and the folder. Now I have a Super Mario folder with an NES Mario and a Zelda folder with NES Link and I have spent nothing and the world is beautiful.

I can pin stuff on the folders just fine, I mean on actual Downloaded games.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Anora posted:

I can pin stuff on the folders just fine, I mean on actual Downloaded games.

Oh.

You can't do that.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Dehry posted:

This would most likely focus on Q1 2016 and February is the 20 year anniversary of the Japanese versions of Red and Green.

I suddenly feel very old

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

I still don't understand why Pokemon Red and Blue aren't on the vc

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Looper posted:

I still don't understand why Pokemon Red and Blue aren't on the vc

Because gently caress you if you wanna catch all 151. Also something something buy the latest versions anyway because they're not horrifying bug filled messes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Because gently caress you if you wanna catch all 151. Also something something buy the latest versions anyway because they're not horrifying bug filled messes.

Those aren't very compelling reasons!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Red and Blue, even ignoring aesthetic limitations, are not acceptable-quality game experience by 2015 standards. Their rerelease would damage the Pokemon brand in the minds of the core demographic of 7-14 year olds.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Well poo poo, I wanted to start a twitch channel and stream Monster Hunter X when it comes out at the end of the month, but it turns out there is a 6 month+ waiting list for by mail Capture Software modifications, or even entirely new pre-installed 3ds purchases. Are there any alternative methods to streaming that anyone knows of other than having the software from this place http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/ or just pointing a webcam at the 3ds?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, just half an hour.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

BabyRyoga posted:

Well poo poo, I wanted to start a twitch channel and stream Monster Hunter X when it comes out at the end of the month, but it turns out there is a 6 month+ waiting list for by mail Capture Software modifications, or even entirely new pre-installed 3ds purchases. Are there any alternative methods to streaming that anyone knows of other than having the software from this place http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/ or just pointing a webcam at the 3ds?

Look up Katsukity. YMMV on quality though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Moco Moco friends now has their full site up. I'm interested in seeing how it is. Looks like their legal department changed 'Moppet' to 'Plushkin' since the last time I saw their site.

http://aksysgames.com/mocomoco/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

US stream

EU stream

JP stream