Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Rad storms are the new blight storm from Morrowind and they look loving terrifying and amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't think it's a certain thing by any means but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of outsourced sequel at some point.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Right, this game runs pretty drat well on my 3 year old PC, which has an i5 3570k, 8gb ram and.... ugh, AMD Radeon HD 7800.

Unfortunately, when in downtown Boston, it chugs here and there, so I think my card is the reason because it's an AMD one. What's a good card to go up to? GTX 970?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Jesus Christ.

When I did the quest to build Mama Murphy a chair, I placed it on accident without intending to, and since then i'd seen neither hide nor hair of her. I saw a few posts indicating that she basically never leaves her chair once you build it, so I started looking around in the direction I was facing to find her, with no luck. I got fed up this today with this poo poo and was about to try to ask for her NPC ID (which is apparently 0001a4d9, but you cannot use this to move her) when I decided to try looking for her on the roofs of houses in no clip mode, figuring maybe I could have placed the chair there. Well...

Hmm...

What

HOW DID YOU GET UP THERE??

e: oh awesome, I can't get close enough to provide responses without tcl. Ughhh.

Coolwhoami fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 12, 2015

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Eonwe posted:

i cant wait for a mod with a good story

Good luck on that, modders are terrible writers.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

Bethesda, a big billion-dollar company that makes games, hates employing outside teams to make labor-of-love games in order to make Bethesda, the parent company and publisher, a ton of money. Checks out!

But yeah, it's like 50/50 that it'll ever happen again. Bethesda would probably approach Obsidian if there was a big enough clamor for it, and Obsidian would do it if they weren't busy since there doesn't seem to be any real bad blood between them and Bethesda.

Yeah, I'm just a pessimist. Like, I can't think of a single business reason not to, and ImpAtom pointed out a few pages ago that Obsidian is on record for really wanting to make another Fallout game. I'm just being needlessly cynical, is all.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Having power armor dumped into your inventory the second it breaks is really stupid. Why can't it just stay attached, but broken, so I repair it the next time I go to the power armor stand? :v: Nah gotta literally rip that broken arm off the suit in the middle of combat and dump it into my inventory, who cares that power armor weighs like three tons eh?

Falken posted:

Right, this game runs pretty drat well on my 3 year old PC, which has an i5 3570k, 8gb ram and.... ugh, AMD Radeon HD 7800.

Unfortunately, when in downtown Boston, it chugs here and there, so I think my card is the reason because it's an AMD one. What's a good card to go up to? GTX 970?

Yeah 970 is a pretty great card, handles most all modern games with ease.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I'm just a pessimist. Like, I can't think of a single business reason not to, and ImpAtom pointed out a few pages ago that Obsidian is on record for really wanting to make another Fallout game. I'm just being needlessly cynical, is all.

I kind of doubt it'll happen mostly because Obsidian didn't have a whole lot going on when they made New Vegas. If they were to make a Fallout 4 followup they'd probably have to have started already. And right now they've got Pillars, Wasteland 2, Armored Warfare and probably some other stuff still under wraps. Just seems to me like they've more than got their fill at the moment.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i complain about a lot of things and there's a lot of issues but im still having a mostly enjoyable experience

also dressing and setting up screenshots is even better now

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Coolwhoami posted:

Preston did that yesterday. I was trying to find out where he had gotten too so I could repair his power armor. When I finally located him I found this:

Just standing on the roof, posing as the sun sets.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Eonwe posted:

some crazy dudes made a great mod for fallout 3 called new vegas, you should check it out

I played some more and had some more okay experiences and some other really weird/bad/disappointing ones, which seems to be par for the course at this point.

Right outside of boston (which by the way is a pitiful sized actual living city, I think megaton was larger, boston just has more ruins surrounding it), there's this place called something something cul-de-sac, surrounded by locked gates. There didn't seem to be any way in for non-master lock pickers so I naturally found a box with a wall next to it and abused the terrain to jump over the gate. Easy bandits inside, one had a key to the cul-de-sac gates. What just happened? What was the intentional solution to this place? If I got in legitimately I wouldn't need the key that the guy had. :confused:

I found this subway which got me super pumped to fight ghouls (not actually that was a joke) but inside there were 1000 people named "triggerman", which I assume is a large extended family inhabiting this subway tunnel. One yelled "He's here for the detective!" Which I only later found out was related to a quest I didn't pick up yet.

Next I found a place called swan lake, out popped a super mutant with swan boats for armor I thought oh man this is rad I can't wait to see the drops. A few minutes of kiting around trees later, he drops a randomly generated legendary arm piece that reflects 10% of melee damage. At that point I turned off the game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PantsBandit posted:

I kind of doubt it'll happen mostly because Obsidian didn't have a whole lot going on when they made New Vegas. If they were to make a Fallout 4 followup they'd probably have to have started already. And right now they've got Pillars, Wasteland 2, Armored Warfare and probably some other stuff still under wraps. Just seems to me like they've more than got their fill at the moment.

Track down the Troika developers who worked on Fallout and Vampire: TM Bloodlines, get them to make a new Bloodlines game in the Fallout 4 engine.

:homebrew:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

PantsBandit posted:

Although it is weird that Piper calls me "Blue" even though she's literally never seen me in a vault jumpsuit.

People would probably call you goat fucker even if they didn't actually see you gently caress the goat though.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Zaphod42 posted:

Having power armor dumped into your inventory the second it breaks is really stupid. Why can't it just stay attached, but broken, so I repair it the next time I go to the power armor stand? :v: Nah gotta literally rip that broken arm off the suit in the middle of combat and dump it into my inventory, who cares that power armor weighs like three tons eh?

Yeah 970 is a pretty great card, handles most all modern games with ease.

Seems like broken items weigh nothing. I pick up 0 weight broken power armour often.

Speaking of strange bugs, I found one where a regular dresser in a room which I already looted ended up with 23 Red Bandanas and 23 Welding Goggles in it. Why? I HAVE NO IDEA

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I dunno, New Vegas had an 18-month development time (according to Wikipedia) and came out two years after Fallout 3. It's not impossible.

I thought Wasteland 2 was inXile? Chris Avellone yes, but I didn't know Obsidian was involved.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

PantsBandit posted:

Aren't all those games finished/currently in open beta (almost finished)?

I'll say they would value Fallout over any project they could muster currently and I'm sure Bethesda have been talking to them before F4 was announced.

Fallout is mad money these days, Obsidian would be crazy not to dive in right now. I'm pretty hopeful.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fallout: New LA

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jeza posted:

Seems like broken items weigh nothing. I pick up 0 weight broken power armour often.

Speaking of strange bugs, I found one where a regular dresser in a room which I already looted ended up with 23 Red Bandanas and 23 Welding Goggles in it. Why? I HAVE NO IDEA

Ah okay, then its not such a big deal. Although still wonky that you rip off your broken arms mid-combat.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Bypassing the story and running around adventuring and shooting everything is awesome.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Eonwe posted:

Yeah, if anything can be considered good storytelling, it's fan-fiction

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Coolwhoami posted:

Jesus Christ.

When I did the quest to build Mama Murphy a chair, I placed it on accident without intending to, and since then i'd seen neither hide nor hair of her. I saw a few posts indicating that she basically never leaves her chair once you build it, so I started looking around in the direction I was facing to find her, with no luck. I got fed up this today with this poo poo and was about to try to ask for her NPC ID (which is apparently 0001a4d9, but you cannot use this to move her) when I decided to try looking for her on the roofs of houses in no clip mode, figuring maybe I could have placed the chair there. Well...

Hmm...

What

I had already started playing around in build mode before you get any people at your old house, so I had fortified the house with the workshop. After the first minute man quest I fast traveled around and eventually met up with them at my town. They were all standing on the peek of the roof of the workshop building. Had to create an elaborate set of stairs to get them down.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Harrow posted:

I dunno, New Vegas had an 18-month development time (according to Wikipedia) and came out two years after Fallout 3. It's not impossible.

I thought Wasteland 2 was inXile? Chris Avellone yes, but I didn't know Obsidian was involved.

According to Wikipedia they consult on Wasteland 2 and share tech. So yeah, it's probably not a major draw on their time if they're still involved at this point.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
In typical bethesda fashion you can move mama murphy by shooting her in the head a few times so she drops out of her chair, no one seems to care at all.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Delerion posted:

In typical bethesda fashion you can move mama murphy by shooting her in the head a few times so she drops out of her chair, no one seems to care at all.

At least she knows it's coming.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Harrow posted:

I wish I could share everyone's optimism that we'll get a New Vegas to FO4's Fallout 3. I don't know why but I just don't get the feeling that'll happen again. I'd love it if it did (y'know, after six months when all the massive bugs get fixed, because I know Obsidian), but I just can't be optimistic about it.

I don't think it particularly likely, I just would love for it to happen.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Are all NPC outfits actual clothes? Like could I console spawn in Ellie's outfit or whatever?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

After reading all the complaints about the console version, I was skeptical about getting it, so I rented it from redbox. Ive put 10 hours into it and havent encountered a single crash or bug. 30fps is no big deal since thats what the majority of games run at anyways. My only complaint is the storytelling is sucky after playing Witcher 3. But the game world makes up for that.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Jeza posted:

23 Dogmeats. Dogsmeat? I don't know, 23 canine followers.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
why does my Status screen have a permanent sad face?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Funky Valentine posted:

Fallout: New LA

ITS CALL THE loving BONEYARD. JEEZ LOUISE. IM NOT ANGRY YOU DONT KNOW FALLOUT HISTORY STOP PROJECTING.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Preston got really upset when I magdumped a 10mm SMG into the settler recruit sleeping in my bed. Any way to assign beds?

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm having a hard time not getting my hopes up about Obsidian making another Fallout game now. I replayed New Vegas a while back and it is still incredible. Fingers crossed that they get a chance to work with this version of the game. Kinda want to see something set in like Seattle or maybe New York?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Meowbot posted:

you're turning into a ghoul, claire. stay away from those green water pools.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Meowbot posted:

Its not just a sad face. That's a zombie face. Watch your rads :stonk:

Serf posted:

I'm having a hard time not getting my hopes up about Obsidian making another Fallout game now. I replayed New Vegas a while back and it is still incredible. Fingers crossed that they get a chance to work with this version of the game. Kinda want to see something set in like Seattle or maybe New York?

NY would be amazing. GTA4 already did it but who cares?

Fallout 4: Escape from NY

But only if they can hire Kurt Russell :colbert:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I hope they never fix the mechanic where you try to pick up loot from a rotting green cesspool full of corpses and feces and then instead drink deeply.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^ You can cancel drinking, you know.

Judge Tesla posted:

Something that does annoy me is Super Mutants wielding Missile Launchers, they seem to have pinpoint accuracy and they blow you up in a single shot, or completely cripple you which is nearly as bad, I can't get angry at the Suicide Bombers with Mini Nukes though, it's hilarious.
Raiders able to throw molotovs with pinpoint accuracy at 120+ meter range is also pretty obnoxious.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Serf posted:

Obsidian have been pretty consistent on saying they'll return to the west coast if they get the chance to make fallout again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

BillBear posted:

Obsidian have been pretty consistent on saying they'll return to the west coast if they get the chance to make fallout again.

So Fallout 4: Escape from LA instead then?

I still want Kurt Russell :colbert:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Seattle or "PNW" would be an awesome setting. Maybe get some Canadian action going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm not super up to date on my Fallout lore but I imagine NYC would have gotten hammered by nukes and would be completely uninhabitable.

Then again one would probably say the same of DC.

• Locked thread