Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SKY COQ posted:

Imagine reverting your graphics drivers to play STO instead of Fallout 4.

Luckily, 15.10 runs both just fine!

(why no I haven't been playing much STO since Fallout 4 came out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

IPCRESS posted:

If Fallout shipped with mod tools, I would be adding disco balls to mini-nukes.

There are already Disco balls, I have one in my house and that's where all the parties in the area are happening. Boston is a poo poo place.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
Remind me - keybind files are locally stored in the game, right? Like, if I had my spacebar macro on one computer loaded, if I jumped onto STO on another computer, I'd need a new copy of the macro loaded to retain it, and any change to said binding wouldn't affect the first computer, correct? As opposed to it being account stored and thus set for one will set for any.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Space bar macros are only per computer.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Behold the majesty of the tactilol batleth:

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

bubbles depo posted:

The light of Dear Leader is blinding. But it is also the light of disco's pure love.

Have you been touched by the D?

bubbles depo posted:

http://adventure-cat.deviantart.com/art/Just-Say-NO-to-trolls-570170450

Was curious to see what was going on with our favorite furry fundie, and saw he uploaded this.
Taking a stand at his backwater DeviantArt page that nobody visits. How brave of him.

It looks like he's taken up SWTOR and has scored himself a warning on their forum already, by saying he's "offended by homosexual content" and asking for "some sort of option to remove it".

Since he feels that his bigotry has been discriminated against by receiving a warning, he ask if it's not possible that "Bio-Ware could refund the thousands I spent on the service" in a "complaint letter", which I'm not sure if he posted anywhere else than on his DeviantArt page.

His ending allegory is a jaw dropping mess of :psyduck: on so many levels.

Adventure Rat posted:

But let me lay this scenario out to you before I finish, and see how you would feel. You go to a fine and expensive restaurant in a membership paid club you are in; The food is renown for its quality. So you order a plate of the special, the price is a bit expensive but you where eager to enjoy it. When you take a bite of the sandwich, you taste some mayo in it...you dont like mayo, and peek inside the bun. You relook at the menu again, and see it isnt labeled to have mayo on it. So you summon the waiter and ask them if its possible to take back the sandwich and bring one without mayo. At which time the other patrons begin yelling, for management to toss YOU out of the place, some begin to gather around your table and heckle you, telling you to get out, others telling you to just use the bread to wipe it off. You wait for a decision from the chef or management enduring such behavior from other patrons of what you thought was an upper class restaurant. Then One of the patrons comes up and shows an official statement by management (still no management itself has come to see to you) ok, you say...mayo is required for all sandwiches..they didnt advertise this, but nothing I can do about it except just skipping the sandwich. But the other patrons still continue to harass you for not liking mayo on your sandwich as if you where telling them they couldnt have it on theirs, you try and reassure them, its not enjoyable on your own sandwich, you never asked them not to have it on theirs, but this doesnt stop the attacks and public shaming. Soon the manager finally comes, not to assist you, instead he grabs you up and throws you out of the building, your membership in this club has an infraction on it and YOU are not allowed back for a number of days for discriminating against those who like mayo in their sandwich! Because this is now a mayonnaise sandwich company! ....now I ask you, how would you feel about being a member of such a club? Wouldnt you ask for YOUR money back after being treated with such little dignity for something as petty as not wanting mayo on your sandwich?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's funny, because all the gay people in SWTOR are on the gay planet that you needed to pay for.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
the mayo is cum though

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I saw this charming fellow a couple of days ago and took a picture for you. You can almost envisage the guy marking off the spreadsheet: German fleet - check, dodgy filter avoiding name - check, char creation effort to match historical monster - check.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Ratzap posted:

I saw this charming fellow a couple of days ago and took a picture for you. You can almost envisage the guy marking off the spreadsheet: German fleet - check, dodgy filter avoiding name - check, char creation effort to match historical monster - check.

It's actually somewhat amazing what some people do with the character creation system in this lovely game. I saw someone make Yoda a few years back.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

DarkMalfunction posted:

It's actually somewhat amazing what some people do with the character creation system in this lovely game. I saw someone make Yoda a few years back.
I've seen Batman, the Joker, Spiderman... and a rather nice Agent 47.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

Have you been touched by the D?
Taking a stand at his backwater DeviantArt page that nobody visits. How brave of him.

It looks like he's taken up SWTOR and has scored himself a warning on their forum already, by saying he's "offended by homosexual content" and asking for "some sort of option to remove it".

Since he feels that his bigotry has been discriminated against by receiving a warning, he ask if it's not possible that "Bio-Ware could refund the thousands I spent on the service" in a "complaint letter", which I'm not sure if he posted anywhere else than on his DeviantArt page.

His ending allegory is a jaw dropping mess of :psyduck: on so many levels.

When I called him out on twitter, there was an almost immediate rebuttal from a user named "AwesomeMEOW." I thought that Adventurecat/Catstarsto ans AwesomeMEOW were the same person because, well, look at the names. When I told AwesomeMeow that I would pray for him, because his behavior was not becoming of a man of faith such as himself, he quickly rebutted with something like "oh that god crap take your believes and put them where the sun don't shine...as it's all not real." Then he blocked me.

Either Catstar is sending very mixed signals about his belief system or atheist furries are rushing to their fallen comrade's defense.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Lorak posted:

I've seen Batman, the Joker, Spiderman... and a rather nice Agent 47.

I saw a group of Smurfs on spacedock once. All smurfing in-character in local chat. They were perfect.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ratzap posted:

Nice Ekosian cosplay.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
For those wondering: in today's patch they'll be adding the dry dock, retiring Q's autographed pictures (just like they did with the pearls before the summer event) and fixing a buttload of things they broke or didn't get around to fixing when they released the new season.

XP weekend got moved to December 24, because you didn't have anything to do around that time anyway.

Ratzap posted:

How terrible.

He didn't even use the winter coat.

Buschmaki posted:

It's funny, because all the gay people in SWTOR are on the gay planet that you needed to pay for.
I guess that's where those thousands he spent on the game went.

DonDoodles posted:

Either Catstar is sending very mixed signals about his belief system or atheist furries are rushing to their fallen comrade's defense.
I think he's a very conflicted individual.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Nov 12, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

How is the Sol Defense Set, anyway?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Maybe it is just my perception, but the dyson gear was a lot better than the Sol Defense Set. At the time, I was ship grinding so maybe it was just a lovely ship!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Ratzap posted:

A Bajoran nose appliance would have been perfect.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Bieeardo posted:

A Bajoran nose appliance would have been perfect.

Dukat did nothing wrong :smug:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

RescueFreak posted:

Guess I won't worry about it, just saw a few builds that claimed they got 5k more dps using them.
5k dps from embassy consoles sounds about right. The old plasma doping trick could give 30k+ dps from the same consoles. It obviously got nerfed heavily, but they're still the best possible science slot consoles for dps.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Because Science got hit super hard shortly after launch and never recovered. Well there is poo poo that's actually worth slotting now but that's not where your damage will be coming from and it's just to support your guns.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

fakemirage posted:

Is that comment on adventure cat's post actually real? :psyduck: :suicide:

Please let it be someone in here, I can't believe people like that actually exist bullshit, I played STO once.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

g0del posted:

5k dps from embassy consoles sounds about right. The old plasma doping trick could give 30k+ dps from the same consoles. It obviously got nerfed heavily, but they're still the best possible science slot consoles for dps.

Last parse I saw I was getting 8k from my sci consoles.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
This thread starts out with a guy complaining about someone griefing his UIE STF, transitions to a condemnation of PWE for not doing enough to combat griefing, and ends with pubbies breaking the TOS and flaming Dental. We all knew it was going to get there eventually, but at least it made it to page three before "Dental" was mentioned (though there are poorly hidden references to Dental scattered throughout the thread).

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1207340/cryptic-needs-to-work-harder-on-anti-griefing

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
If you donate to Chase Masterson's charity you can get some ships

https://groupees.com/startrekonline

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9649673-star-trek-online%3A-pop-culture-hero-coalition

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Hmm, I will give $10 for a good cause and some tier 6 ships.

edit: after paying and submitting it took awhile to process, but now everything is just blank and I have no keys or anything... guess I'll wait longer

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 12, 2015

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

While I promised not to spend more money on STO in its current state, yeah, I can do T6 for $10 and charity.

Edit: Tip, use Amazon as your payment option if you can. It went through instantly, while others are complaining that the servers are overloaded and taking forever to process their payment and get their keys.

Conskill fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 12, 2015

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?
Mastercard took several minutes to go through and according to the counter I was among the first to give money. Is the server being hosted on a C64 with internet through a old-timey modem or something?

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Mr Wikstroem posted:

Mastercard took several minutes to go through and according to the counter I was among the first to give money. Is the server being hosted on a C64 with internet through a old-timey modem or something?

Apparently. The admins were saying in chat they didn't expect the rush of people they got.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I assume their website runs on a Commodore 64 or something because it could only be a few thousand payments before the T6 bundle runs out and frankly their site is supposed to collect those, so maybe it's just not fit for purpose.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
It's been an hour for me and I still don't have indicator that it's doing anything. Purchase page is completely blank.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah paypal seems hosed, and probably some of the other payment processors. If there's nothing even in the purchase page, try again with amazon payments or something instead. That seemed to work instantly.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I hosed up so I ended up giving them 12 bucks instead of 10, oh well.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

wdarkk posted:

I hosed up so I ended up giving them 12 bucks instead of 10, oh well.

I gave them 14 but I don't consider it a gently caress up. Cheap T6 and money for charity. I don't see where they get $45 recommended from though.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Well, I guess I just made my first and hopefully last purchase from this bad game. Those ships are probably terrible as its a $3 bundle after charity deduction.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ratzap posted:

I gave them 14 but I don't consider it a gently caress up. Cheap T6 and money for charity. I don't see where they get $45 recommended from though.

It's three tier 6 ships

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Whelp think I'm screwed. Contacted the Xsolla support, they said payment went through but no bundles show up on my xsolla purchases page. And now they say I need to contact Cryptic to get it sorted out. :bang:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I already regret this impulse purchase. They should put an inventory ticker on the lifetime membership page.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
https://groupees.com/purchases - Codes should show up here.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem/ - Put them here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
This was a great idea. Though, obviously, I now regret donating to anti-bullying, when, as a member of Dental and SA, it's literally all I care about perpetrating on the weak and innocent.

• Locked thread