Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So I have a mall kiosk job for the holidays which means I totally WON'T be looking for a few turn based strategy games to play when I'm totally NOT sitting on my rear end doing nothing becsuse the owner is a friend and I'm helping out.
I will need to be able to pause and help folks out and ring sales and not be totally anti social but 3 days a week for the next month it'll be dead so I need t good few of turn based strategy games. Then it will get busy enough where I won't be totally bored though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Anyone looking for a Smash Bros type experience on their Android might want to check out Super Boys - The Big Fight which seems kinda decent.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

tater_salad posted:

So I have a mall kiosk job for the holidays which means I totally WON'T be looking for a few turn based strategy games to play when I'm totally NOT sitting on my rear end doing nothing becsuse the owner is a friend and I'm helping out.
I will need to be able to pause and help folks out and ring sales and not be totally anti social but 3 days a week for the next month it'll be dead so I need t good few of turn based strategy games. Then it will get busy enough where I won't be totally bored though.

Pixel Dungeon and its variants are turn-based roguelikes. Ditto for Sproggiwood. Not really a traditional strategy game, but roguelikes really scratch that "think before you do something" itch I want turn-based games to scratch.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Lara Croft GO is on sale for US$2/60% off right now to mark the release of the new console game. Its a surprise 24 hour flash sale so get in quick because I have no idea when it started or when it ends.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Nov 10, 2015

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

mrkillboy posted:

Lara Croft GO is on sale for US$2/60% off right now to mark the release of the new console game. Its a surprise 24 hour flash sale so get in quick because I have no idea when it started or when it ends.

Nice, I picked this up, thanks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How well does Minecraft PE play on a Nexus 4?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

mrkillboy posted:

While it does support gamepads,

Speaking of which (I guess) - I've never bought one or messed with any but what's a good gamepad that works with Galaxy S5's? Something not-too-spendy and/or available via Amazon? I don't know poo poo about them...

edit: also that Space Marshalls game in the mobile bundle looks pretty drat fun, actually. I think I may just have to pick that up.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 12, 2015

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

EzEight posted:

How is Fantasy War Tactics? Just gave it a try and I noticed there is no character gatcha only equipment.

Any tips on how to not waste gems?

game seems fun enough. Seems like saving up gems for special offers is the way to go, there was an offer this morning of gacha with increased set drops.

If you start up and want to add me, I'm NinjaDebuggr

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Deep Dungeons of Doom is on sale for 10 cents/euros/pounds etc. Note this is the paid version: you might have the F2P version in your download histories which was pulled from the store a while back.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 11, 2015

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

mrkillboy posted:

Deep Dungeons of Doom is on sale for 10 cents/euros/pounds etc. Note this is the paid version: you might have the F2P version in your download histories which was pulled from the store a while back.

Aaaaand I picked this one up too. This is an RPG nicely suited for casual play on a phone. There's no roguelike exploration aspect, but it's pretty fun and has really nice art style that will tickle your nostalgia bone if your are an old like me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Soda Dungeon came out a day early, after being pushed back from the 7th to the 12th.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

Just started this, thanks.

What am I missing with the Witch? I just run out of mana and end up doing poo poo damage every fight.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kingdom Rush Frontiers is $0.99
Broken Age is $4.99
Monument Valley is $1.99
Tales From The Borderlands is Free

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Crimsonland is finally out on the Play Store after making a brief appearance in a Humble Bundle earlier this year.

The excellent but super stressful This War Of Mine has also received an update so you can play it on phones now. It's also 50% off.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 12, 2015

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Kheldarn posted:

Soda Dungeon came out a day early, after being pushed back from the 7th to the 12th.

I am loving this. Fun, good progression.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Snowmankilla posted:

I'm really tempted to throw the 99 cents at it and remove ads. They're super unobtrusive but the fact the game lets me do that is nice. I've been playing Hammer Quest on my poop breaks and it doesn't let you do that and I would gladly pay to remove ads. I've dumped like 10 drat hours into the thing. It's super simple and not very deep but it's timed just perfect for bathroom breaks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snowmankilla posted:

I played it so long this afternoon that I drained my battery. I had no idea I had played it for so long...

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Kheldarn posted:

This game is fun as hell and you should all download it.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

New Leaf posted:

Just started this, thanks.

What am I missing with the Witch? I just run out of mana and end up doing poo poo damage every fight.

hold down the attack button to charge mana

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Holy poo poo how did I cram 12 hours into Soda Dungeon since downloading it yesterday?

Currently working up to level 400. It gets really fun in the later stages when you should manage your group and inventory for maximum hit things hard.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

This is a perfect time killer for my srasonal font give a poo poo mall job. I currently have it auto playing while I post on SA and sit on a stool.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

idgi. Is this basically a game you watch and not actually play? I was excited for more or less a boiled down Borderlands port.

Also, are there any games similar to GBA's Advance War?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dr.Caligari posted:

idgi. Is this basically a game you watch and not actually play? I was excited for more or less a boiled down Borderlands port.

Tales from the Borderlands is Telltale's entry into the Borderlands universe. They basically only make these interactive movies.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Captain McStabbin posted:

Tales from the Borderlands is Telltale's entry into the Borderlands universe. They basically only make these interactive movies.

Speaking of TellTale, I'd love it if Puzzle Agent was on mobile.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Dr.Caligari posted:

I was excited for more or less a boiled down Borderlands port.

Bounty Hunter: Black Dawn is pretty much a smaller scale mobile knock off of Borderlands.

quote:

You could try Front Wars or the Great Little Big War Game series.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Dr.Caligari posted:

Telltale Games will remember your disapproval.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Shine posted:

Telltale Games will remember your disapproval.

Until your save gets deleted.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Any fans of the Metro 2033 franchise might be interested in checking out Metro 2033: Wars, a turn based strategy game set in the universe's subways. Judging from the various YouTube videos it seems the game has been out in Russia for a while but this is the first English release.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm assuming this free Tales from the Borderlands thing is just the first episode?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Foxhound posted:

I'm assuming this free Tales from the Borderlands thing is just the first episode?

Yes, the remaining episodes are individual IAPs, or you can get a season pass.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So I beat stage 100 on Soda Dungeon. Do I portal to reset? Or go past level 100?

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Don't think you can progress past level 100 till you reset. If you're near another tavern or vip upgrade do another couple of runs till you get it, otherwise feel free to reset whenever.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Snowmankilla posted:

So I beat stage 100 on Soda Dungeon. Do I portal to reset? Or go past level 100?
Try out the 100+ level and see how far you can safely farm. If it's not profitable, reset. I would suggest resetting if this is your first reset.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Neko Atsume recently got an English translation but I'm honestly not impressed with all the westernization. Dimes instead of ten yen coins, "tubbs" instead of satisfied-san, and loving "Guy Furry" for the chef cat? gently caress this, I'm going back to Japanese.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Segmentation Fault posted:

Neko Atsume recently got an English translation but I'm honestly not impressed with all the westernization. Dimes instead of ten yen coins, "tubbs" instead of satisfied-san, and loving "Guy Furry" for the chef cat? gently caress this, I'm going back to Japanese.

You're...you're joking, right? The japanese names are dumb, and only sound cool because they're Japanese. If the english translation changed the fat cat to 'Satisfied Cat', you'd be complaining even more.

The names are almost all puns, and they're loving cheesy and great. Mr Meowgi, Joe DiMeowgio, Ms. Fortune (for the money cat)...so good.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I played Soda Dungeon way too much while home sick yesterday. My team got a massive boost once I finally unlocked Healers. Having to grind out the single-use heal items every fight was tedious as gently caress, and I hated how hitting a Drowsy Trap would basically end a run.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I played Soda Dungeon way too much while home sick yesterday. My team got a massive boost once I finally unlocked Healers. Having to grind out the single-use heal items every fight was tedious as gently caress, and I hated how hitting a Drowsy Trap would basically end a run.

Once you unlock Knight, you're immune to Traps.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

This is pretty fun so far. Just what I was looking for for a poop break / quick break game

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Having to grind out the single-use heal items every fight was tedious as gently caress, and I hated how hitting a Drowsy Trap would basically end a run.
Single heal item is sold in shop later in the game. I think it's unlock by floor?

Either get the rare immune to status effect item on your healer, get two healers, or skip the door until you got knight, which prevent traps and ambushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Morpheus posted:

You're...you're joking, right? The japanese names are dumb, and only sound cool because they're Japanese. If the english translation changed the fat cat to 'Satisfied Cat', you'd be complaining even more.

The names are almost all puns, and they're loving cheesy and great. Mr Meowgi, Joe DiMeowgio, Ms. Fortune (for the money cat)...so good.

Mostly, but "Guy Furry" is an abomination.