Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Power Armor and double barrel shotgun made the Corvega Factory very cathartic.

I think some of these raiders would have run for it after i've mown two dozen of them down but no, it's all "LETS GO METAL MAN" and charging me with a tire iron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

BillBear posted:

Obsidian have been pretty consistent on saying they'll return to the west coast if they get the chance to make fallout again.
Fallout: San Fran

Introducing an entire loving rainforest because the Shi's plants grew overtime :haw:

Animax
Nov 7, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Fallout: San Fran

Introducing an entire loving rainforest because the Shi's plants grew overtime :haw:

Lol i´d play it.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Please make a version of your legendary spawn mod that increases legendary spawn chance to 250x

tia

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've been playing for 5 hours or so, but I haven't got really any meaningful upgrades. My armor is the drifter outfit, although I think I'm supposed to be piling up those various leather parts on top of my long johns? For weapons I use the laser rifle and a double-barrelled shotgun.

Had to turn the difficulty down when I found Ack-Ack the minigun raider and her pals downstairs of an antenna. Chopped me to pieces, I tell you what.

Next stop is the Corvega factory.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Starhawk64 posted:

Are automatics viable at all? I didn't really bother with them because I seem to waste too much ammo with them, plus I love bolt action rifles too much. I love this weapon customization system, I have a rifle for every situation and it's great.

Yeah, that's the upside of removing the old skill system, you're no longer limited to one niche of weapons. I pretty much carry around a weapon for each ammo type, a rad (literally) sword, a variety of grenades, and a missile launcher for emergencies. When I find an awesome new weapon there's nothing stopping me from just picking it up and going to town without being gimped because I don't have the relevant skill.

Though that means I'm always half-overloaded, so now I'm kinda wishing for a mod that allows Codsworth to lug around all your weapons in a big old golf bag and hand them to you on demand like a proper caddie.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Minigun and Flamethrower both seem disappointing. Both in damage done and cost due to ammo expenditure :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Minigun and Flamethrower both seem disappointing. Both in damage done and cost due to ammo expenditure :(

Yeah I think so too. Range on both is utter poo poo, and damage is kind of meh.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

My settlement's happiness is stalled at 80%. All my numbers are in the green, what am I missing?

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
Man, I got the Silver Shroud costume and it's dope as poo poo, but I know I'll never use it because armor is just so much more effective.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

raverrn posted:

My settlement's happiness is stalled at 80%. All my numbers are in the green, what am I missing?

Settlements get more happiness the more defenses you get, and there are special happiness generating items, but the game doesn't say what they actually are.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

afkmacro posted:

Game is easy enough on survival, dont need to make it trivial. i would take a mod that instantly opens locked doors and terminals as long as you have the perks. that poo poo is just a waste of time

Have I got news for you! Another goon has made just that.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So I bought a totally-not-stolen brahmin and sent it to my settlement and it arrived safely.

Now what is it good for? Can I get another one and breed them or something vaguely useful?

edit: also can I build fences somehow? I can't find anything in the categories that looks like a fence, I'm kinf od weighing making a paddock out of baby cribs or some poo poo.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 13, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Icedude posted:

Well that's just awesome, if you wear a Mining Helmet and activate your pipboy light, it turns on the light on the helmet instead :haw:

Not only is it a nice touch, it's actually a way better flashlight than the pipboy light too.

Also dogmeat found a teddybear somewhere while I was looting Sunshine Tidings Co-op and was playing with it :kimchi:
You can also mod the light color, the final mod is "vault-boy" which gives a green beam and the outline of the vault boy in your face. It's annoying as gently caress.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm told the Castle has some pretty cool-looking armor to grab in there. Is there a main story quest that takes you there, or is it a side-quest you have to do a bunch of Minutemen quests for? (Or do I kind of just have to go there on my own?)

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Why can I no longer send companions and special settlers back to Sanctuary? It's grayed out on the list and I've had to divert some to Red Rocket.

Do I need to build more beds or somethings?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Can I ignore the assholes in Sanctuary without anything bad hapenning like people dying and then missing out on quests and such? I just want to focus on making a slick bachelor pad at the red rocket station. It's so easy to use that as a base of operations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Scoss posted:

Why can I no longer send companions and special settlers back to Sanctuary? It's grayed out on the list and I've had to divert some to Red Rocket.

Do I need to build more beds or somethings?
That is usually the case, yes.

There's a reason why I make entire dorms for settlers. It's an illness into itself.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Settlements get more happiness the more defenses you get, and there are special happiness generating items, but the game doesn't say what they actually are.
Shove in a few TVs, radios, and jukeboxes. Those have use besides decor.

Don't forget powered lights.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Power, number of beds and decorations seem to be strong influences.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Does anyone have a save near Emogene Cabot? Brother Thomas opened the room that she's in, and...well, she's just not there, so I can't progress the quest. I'd console her in with moveto player, but I don't know her reference ID, so hopefully someone here can help me out.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Always Be Catpictures.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Dandywalken posted:

Have not tried the flamethrower yet but minigun is pretty meh

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Harrow posted:

I'm told the Castle has some pretty cool-looking armor to grab in there. Is there a main story quest that takes you there, or is it a side-quest you have to do a bunch of Minutemen quests for? (Or do I kind of just have to go there on my own?)

Keep doing the MInutemen quests and you'll eventually end up there. Keep doing them some more, and you'll get a decent set of armor.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

New Leaf posted:

I mentioned it before but nobody seemed to agree, am I the only one who thinks the crazy hippie drug lady sounds like Carol Kane? Especially from "The Princess Bride"?
Was she the woman in the tree who resurrected Wesley with her husband? Pretty much yeah, but hippie lady is way less jewish and way less funny, even when they are trying to make her funny with poo poo like her deathclaw story.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

DesperateDan posted:

Keep getting a "fallout 4 has stopped working" as soon as the screen goes black after I press play. Updated and clean installed graphics drivers, tried compatibility settings, windowed borderless, integrity of game cache e.t.c- anyone got another idea?

Bumping this back to the front because I'm desperate to play- has anyone encountered this and gotten past it?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Probably posted before, but oh my god I just found Grognak's Axe and hacked apart a glowing one with it just before taking this screenshot. It rather trivialized the fight because a swing from the axe in power armor knocked down the ghoul. So I just knocked the ghoul down, waited for it to stand up, hit it again, repeat until victory. :iia:

Edit: Although this axe is awesome, it looks rather underwhelming in the power armor fist. Need to find something a wee bit bigger.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 13, 2015

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DesperateDan posted:

Keep getting a "fallout 4 has stopped working" as soon as the screen goes black after I press play. Updated and clean installed graphics drivers, tried compatibility settings, windowed borderless, integrity of game cache e.t.c- anyone got another idea?

I changed the resolution in windowed mode to something low, exitted out, and then set it back and could play as normal.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
God drat, I loving love Nick Valentine.

Bethesda have actually managed to make some likable characters this time, it's still no NV of course but it's certainly miles above 3.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Anyone got a high enough level to see how well the perk that makes enemies explode into money works?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I spent the first several hours of gameplay finding as many of the SPECIAL bobbleheads that you could get from the get-go. Some of them were really tough for a new character, but it was a lot of fun. In one of them I had about a 30 minute firefight with a legendary raider and his crew.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I noticed that any radiant quests (like the BoS stuff) will restock the area it's located in. I cleaned out the train station under Cambridge, went back later and got a cleansing quest from Rhys, and everything I had looted was back in its original position. I guess, if you really wanted to, you could save scum and double dip on crafting materials.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I'm not the only one who console'd max carrying capacity, right? I just got tired of picking and choosing which junk to grab or trying to remember to head back to a certain spot for some duct tape.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

BillBear posted:

God drat, I loving love Nick Valentine.

Bethesda have actually managed to make some likable characters this time, it's still no NV of course but it's certainly miles above 3.

I'd honestly say the companions in this game are more interesting than the ones in NV.
That might just be because I spent most of that game with boring army dude Boone though.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

DesperateDan posted:

Bumping this back to the front because I'm desperate to play- has anyone encountered this and gotten past it?

Delete or rename your ini files from mydocuments, then reset your graphics options and maybe try again.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

A terrifying encounter

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

lol dont make your hud new vegas orange because it's impossible to tell if something is a persuasion check unless it's a hard one

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

crime fighting hog posted:

I'm not the only one who console'd max carrying capacity, right? I just got tired of picking and choosing which junk to grab or trying to remember to head back to a certain spot for some duct tape.

I'd imagine most people who can will do this. There are also armor upgrades that will raise your carrying capacity and power armor of course.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Could you look into making a mod that removes the size limit on settlements? There is one on the nexus but it requires using cheat engine and f that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Nick Valentine and Piper are legit interesting characters, I love them.

• Locked thread