Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ice To Meet You posted:

The first piece I am looking to acquire, though not a blockbuster, I think would be very helpful. It is Ozzie Smith (not the 37 year old one), or Troy Tulowitzki, or The MACHINE. If you are in possession of one of these items, please contact me. I will find something to suit your specific needs.

sup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

someone trade me more dingers, I haven't acquired dingers in like a week now

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
:siren: Trade Announcement :siren:

Akabira Killer Mikes receive:

1902 Joe Kelley

Communist Llamas receive:

1962 Frank Robinson

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

tatankatonk posted:

1902 Joe Kelley

Communist Llamas receive:

1962 Frank Robinson

glorious dingers communism Accepts

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Smasher, other owners: the last two off seasons we have done a weighted (by success of team) lottery to determine, separately, draft order for rounds 4 and 5. Generally I think people have liked it. Except poor HulkaMatt who the random number generator just continually screws.

Anyway, we don't have a 5th round this year so I'm wondering if folks still want to do a lottery or if they'd rather go back to the old model that's just sorted in ascending order (subpar first, then super, then EC) by last seasons win pct.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I support the ascending order model.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

tadashi posted:

I support the ascending order model.

Lottery! For obvious, selfish reasons!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Why would the EC go last?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

kw0134 posted:

Because they already got three picks to begin with.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

TheMcD posted:

Because they already got three picks to begin with.

So what?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

kw0134 posted:

I don't know about "always," but for the handful of seasons I was in the Super League prior to round 5 being a thing, rounds 1-3 were EC only, and then the EC owners got tacked onto the back end of the final round.

I'm totally indifferent to what we do; I just kinda wanted the choices to be "what we did the last 2 seasons" or "what we did the seasons before that" because the 4th round isn't really all that important and I don't want pages of crazy ideas about how best to order the round in which you pick like...Vern Stephens or whatever.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Lottery of Subpars, followed by lottery of Supers, followed by lottery of Expansions!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

oldskool posted:

Lottery of Subpars, followed by lottery of Supers, followed by lottery of Expansions!

You sure we shouldn't have a lottery of lotteries to determine the order of the league lotteries?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Pash posted:

You sure we shouldn't have a lottery of lotteries to determine the order of the league lotteries?

I like the way you think.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

FairGame posted:

I don't know about "always," but for the handful of seasons I was in the Super League prior to round 5 being a thing, rounds 1-3 were EC only, and then the EC owners got tacked onto the back end of the final round.

Nah, it was more like it alternated between EC and SL teams. And since half the league got murdered every season, that was mathematically possible.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Remember the good old days when the SL teams got sweet gently caress all in the Dispersal?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

Remember the good old days when the SL teams got sweet gently caress all in the Dispersal?

This is also acceptable to me.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
If you do a lottery, maybe make it a near statistical impossibility for a SL team to get a pick in the top third. That way it's extra funny when someone gets screwed.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The Dispersal Draft is for the benefit of the EC, it's only recently that existing owners got anything. And unlike existing owners, it's entirely probable that these picks in the latter rounds will go to fill a particular need that will actually be used. The same teams that already had multiple drafts to fill their roster should not be going before teams that have gaping holes in their lineup who are supposed to be competing against the former.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
It's almost like nobody even wants funny lovely things to happen to other people around here...

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The Merry Marauder posted:

As the worst owner ever entering this season, I don't see anything wrong with this.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
We're going with the weighted lottery.

I don't think that wins and losses really are the end-all and be-all in terms of measuring a team's quality.

e: I'm simming the next round of the playoffs in one hour. Have any roster changes in by then.

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 13, 2015

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Cool. Someone check this for errors, then and make sure I haven't assigned poo poo incorrectly. I think given that we have 2 retiring teams I'm missing a team that should've demoted but won't (the Crows are one). I was planning to just give last place teams the "you got demoted" multiplier, though, to keep it simple.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WP-L6i6ql899Jvlep1CGE_f7TQuV_KTVlvXWeiMPSBg/edit

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

FairGame posted:

Cool. Someone check this for errors, then and make sure I haven't assigned poo poo incorrectly. I think given that we have 2 retiring teams I'm missing a team that should've demoted but won't (the Crows are one). I was planning to just give last place teams the "you got demoted" multiplier, though, to keep it simple.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WP-L6i6ql899Jvlep1CGE_f7TQuV_KTVlvXWeiMPSBg/edit

Huh. This is the first time that a team winning the Tag Team means it won't get demoted/relegated, isn't it? I guess since it's always been Oranges/Losers or Doom/Pirates that makes sense.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

FairGame posted:

The Slaughterhouse Nine weren't demoted to the Sub-Par League. In fact, they made the "playoffs," if you count the Wild Card game as a playoff game! Same with the Shiekhs and the RCMP! Who contributed to the DL? They messed the playoff teams up!!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

CFBalla posted:

The Slaughterhouse Nine weren't demoted to the Sub-Par League. In fact, they made the "playoffs," if you count the Wild Card game as a playoff game! Same with the Shiekhs and the RCMP! Who contributed to the DL? They messed the playoff teams up!!

I am the dumbass in question. It's fixed now.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

FairGame posted:

I am the dumbass in question. It's fixed now.

Along that same line the South Dakota Marmosets did not make the playoffs.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Hello. I don't know what you're looking for! If it's a real second baseman, I have this Chase Utley, but he's pretty young. Also this Joe Morgan, but he would cost more.
Maybe you want something else? Pitchers? First basemen? I have extras of those.
Or, I could just sell you draft picks. I don't know.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

All right, let's-

Oh. Hmm.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Sounds good.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Truly, the Feast or Fired was the most equally matched division in history.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

1985 Cal Ripken, Jr.

Flying Dukaki receive:

1998 Alex Rodriguez

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

tatankatonk posted:

1985 Cal Ripken, Jr.

Flying Dukaki receive:

1998 Alex Rodriguez

accepted.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Okay, the amazing tiebreaker will be posted... next time!!
Here are the stats:

But before that, we have:

Pick 'em: The Most Electrifying, Incredible, Death-Defying, Rootin'-Tootin, Biggest And Best Fantasy-Sports-Entertainment Event Of All Time: Sub-Par Bowl V
(approximately 45 hours from now

Pick the winner, number of games, and final score of the last game
The Gay Agenda @ Hope's Peak Despair

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Listen, guys, I'm dying on my feet with regards to the Super-League.

I'm willing to at least entertain the idea of bringing back the fifth round, just because I need the time. I know that you guys don't like how long the offseason is, but I need at least a month.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I'm willing to at least entertain the idea of bringing back the fifth round, just because I need the time. I know that you guys don't like how long the offseason is, but I need at least a month.

If I get a vote, I say Five is Fantastic!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Pick 'em: The Most Electrifying, Incredible, Death-Defying, Rootin'-Tootin, Biggest And Best Fantasy-Sports-Entertainment Event Of All Time: Sub-Par Bowl V
(approximately 45 hours from now)

Pick the winner, number of games, and final score of the last game
The Gay Agenda @ Hope's Peak Despair (I presume 7 games) 6, 9-5

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

This sounds like a job for the Super-Premiership.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Hope's Peak, in 5, 7-3.

If we bring back the 5th round, we can always shorten it by imposing a much tighter deadline for picking before being skipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

kw0134 posted:

If we bring back the 5th round, we can always shorten it by imposing a much tighter deadline for picking before being skipped.

Last season, the draft took ~36 days. Smasher says he needs "at least a month". I don't think we need to shorten it.