Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

LastInLine posted:

If that's the fix, why not take it out and put out a beta version to see if it resolves things?

Well really I'd like a few people to try it and see if they get the same results. I've basically been problem free since I did it, but it helps to have some feedback from other people

If it is the cause of everyone's issues, then it's completely broken and isn't even worth keeping in as an option. I mean ideally it would be fixed, but I'm having trouble seeing exactly what's going wrong, and switching out components of the app just to see if it resolves things - that's not a trivial experiment here. So yeah, it's up to Sereri if he thinks it should be taken out for now, but if people can at least try disabling the option and giving some feedback (especially if it doesn't help) then that would be real useful

I embedded a webm in the dev thread - you can go there to test it if you like. If I'm right, the next page load will seem to be ok, and then the one after that will give you the Not Logged In troubles. With embedding disabled you should be able to keep browsing just fine. (Youtube embedding seems fine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

baka kaba posted:

Try disabling embedded webm/gifv
I've never had this enabled and never had the problem.

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

baka kaba posted:

I embedded a webm in the dev thread - you can go there to test it if you like. If I'm right, the next page load will seem to be ok, and then the one after that will give you the Not Logged In troubles. With embedding disabled you should be able to keep browsing just fine. (Youtube embedding seems fine)

This is exactly what happens to me. Webm page is fine, next page load is fine, next page load is Not Logged In.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

spankmeister posted:

Whatever it is you're doing to "fix" it is purely coincidental.

Someone should totally add a "reboot database server" button to the app that just refreshes the page.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I recall I used to be able to long press a link or image and have the option to copy the URL, show image inline (for .gif placeholders), etc. Any idea why long pressing doesn't do anything anymore?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Dumb question, but is there a way to display a subforum in a subforum? Specifically I'm talking about the WoW subforum of the Blizzard subforum in Games.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Aranan posted:

Dumb question, but is there a way to display a subforum in a subforum? Specifically I'm talking about the WoW subforum of the Blizzard subforum in Games.

It shows up underneath Blizzard Subforum, but intermittently. Closing and reloading the app brings it up more than it doesn't.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Well what do you know, that worked. Thanks.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Jehde posted:

I recall I used to be able to long press a link or image and have the option to copy the URL, show image inline (for .gif placeholders), etc. Any idea why long pressing doesn't do anything anymore?

If you don't have 'always open URLs' checked in options then it's just a short press. If you do, I have no idea.

e: With always open I'm not sure that's ever been the behaviour.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

That did the trick, thanks! I was likely misremembering the long press thing since that's how most apps do it. I probably just accidentally turned that option on when transferring phones and going through all the settings.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I just started getting this error message whenever I try to refresh my bookmarks or open any threads:

quote:

Network error: Too many redirects: 21
Check your network connection and try again

Happens on both wifi and data.

Edit: Nevermind. Uninstalling and re-installing seems to have cleared it up.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 13, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lmao at the slide out menu just saying "Username" instead of my info.

I actually don't want it fixed because it's hilarious.

This is on the newest update btw.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
How do I fix all these loading failures and login problems

:wtc:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jackard posted:

How do I fix all these loading failures and login problems

:wtc:

I've gone back to using Something.apk, it's been flawless

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Skeezy posted:

Didn't notice this til I read your post. I also vote keep it.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Mine shows my username.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Manky posted:

I've gone back to using Something.apk, it's been flawless

I never stopped and yes, I've not had a single one of these issues.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Question: why can I not permanently unmark someone?

A while ago I accidentally hit the mark/unmark user function on someone. Now whenever restart the app that persons posts are always marked. If I unmark the person the posts will go back to normal until I completely exit/end the app (either by using a program manager to end it or swiping it off the memory list) but once I open it back up the user is marked again.

So what's the deal?

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

TMMadman posted:

Question: why can I not permanently unmark someone?

A while ago I accidentally hit the mark/unmark user function on someone. Now whenever restart the app that persons posts are always marked. If I unmark the person the posts will go back to normal until I completely exit/end the app (either by using a program manager to end it or swiping it off the memory list) but once I open it back up the user is marked again.

So what's the deal?

I was able to replicate this. 3.2.0.11 on Marshmallow.

If you want to fix it manually, you could export your settings, edit them in a text editor, and then import them back. Not ideal, obviously.

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 14, 2015

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is there a way to drill down into the WoW subforum that I'm not seeing in the app?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

mango sentinel posted:

Is there a way to drill down into the WoW subforum that I'm not seeing in the app?

You don't see it if you expand the Games forum? Or are you taking about a different WoW subforum?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

Close and reloading the app tends to have it show up if it's not there, I've found.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Also getting problems with the app logging me out. On a nexus 5x with a password on the lock screen using the latest version on the play store.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
For those of you receiving logging out issues, did you check your embedded videos setting?

quote:

Try disabling embedded webm/gifv

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Not sure if it has been discussed yet, but whenever I click a link to a specific post on the Forums within a thread, I am only taken to the first post of the target thread.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Obligatory Handle posted:

Not sure if it has been discussed yet, but whenever I click a link to a specific post on the Forums within a thread, I am only taken to the first post of the target thread.

Seems to be working for me. Can you post the link?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

hooah posted:

You don't see it if you expand the Games forum? Or are you taking about a different WoW subforum?

It's a subforum of the blizzard subforum. Doesn't show up for me either on the app

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Skeezy posted:

I went to check this, and my username shows up except it's all lowercase and now I'm triggered.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I read GBS on this app a lot and sometimes people like to post or quote obnoxiously long posts. Would be nice if there was an easy way to collapse a post or a quote.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

notZaar posted:

I read GBS on this app a lot and sometimes people like to post or quote obnoxiously long posts. Would be nice if there was an easy way to collapse a post or a quote.

Thanks for posting this. I always think of it when there's an obnoxiously long post or quote and then never think to post in this thread about it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

notZaar posted:

Sounds like a user issue.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
I just noticed that there's an emoji in the official Play Store patch notes.

Thank you.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

The Dark One posted:

I just noticed that there's an emoji in the official Play Store patch notes.

Thank you.

Google Photos has an amusing one too.

quote:

• Adjust the speed of sloooooow mooooootion viiiiideos shot with the Google Camera app

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

FYI, Google added "Recover Storage" to the web UI for photos. This allows you to convert your previously uploaded full quality photos to the unlimited 'high quality' option.

That's really nice when you have a ton of promotional storage that may expire in the future.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Finally replaced the images in the op with some from the current version. No more heart attacks from this thread.

Speaking of which, new beta is on the way. :siren:Please take all the beta-talk to the other thread:siren:

bull3964 posted:

FYI, Google added "Recover Storage" to the web UI for photos. This allows you to convert your previously uploaded full quality photos to the unlimited 'high quality' option.

That's really nice when you have a ton of promotional storage that may expire in the future.
You posted in the wrong thread, didn't you.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Sereri posted:

Finally replaced the images in the op with some from the current version. No more heart attacks from this thread.

Speaking of which, new beta is on the way. :siren:Please take all the beta-talk to the other thread:siren:

Nah, I'm going to guess it was in reply to my second quote (the amusing Google Photos release note)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Sereri posted:

Sigh....yes.

But also no (see above).

I was going with the flow of the conversation and not paying attention to where I was.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I just checked and I still have embedding of webm/gifv disabled, which had solved the issue in recent weeks, but yesterday and today I've gotten the not logged in error again. I think it may have been the Intel CPU thread in SH/SC both times in which I experienced the error, but that would only be after I viewed a thread that had a problem, if I understand it correctly?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Basically that issue happens when you see an embedded video, I got it the other day when someone posted a Vimeo clip in a thread. As soon as you load a page with the video, it'll fail two 'loads' later (loading a new page, refreshing something etc)

Can't see any videos at the end of that thread so without knowing which page you're on I can't tell you. But fingers crossed, hopefully the bug's been squashed in the newer version

So if you're in the beta, turn embedding back on please! Go wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I edited the OP but totally forgot making a post about it, you can now join the beta without joining the google+ group. Or even google+.

Just go here and join the beta.

I also can't believe there was no feedback on the current beta yet.