Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Just woke up again

Gonna punch you in the kidney, Saturday style

bring it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

prefect posted:

i had never heard the thing about pyramids and razor blades when i read pratchett's "pyramids", so i missed a lot of jokes :(

:(

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdgiTQffiwk

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminder that the guy that lets them land is named land-o

well it would have been pretty stupid if his name was keepflyingo wouldn't it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
hey look it's bob

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/we-went-on-a-historic-shark-dive-with-a-quad-amputee

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol ya

this is prolly my fav dumb thing that lucas did

*depict one alien guy selling death sticks*

*makes his backstory so that his entire race and home planet are drug dealers for death sticks*

wookiees -> they're all loyal megabros because thats how chewbacca was
hutts -> we saw one weirdo gangster slug, turns out there's a whole species of them and they're all like that, also his title is the name of his species now
twileks -> their women are universally megababes, which makes them by far the demographic most vulnerable to sex trafficking in the entire galaxy

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
folks I am a huge star wars fan

but i'm not going to try go go any deeper than 'it's entertaining and I like to watch it' on 70s sci-fi

it's the product of a certain era, dwi

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Glorgnole posted:

wookiees -> they're all loyal megabros because thats how chewbacca was
hutts -> we saw one weirdo gangster slug, turns out there's a whole species of them and they're all like that, also his title is the name of his species now
twileks -> their women are universally megababes, which makes them by far the demographic most vulnerable to sex trafficking in the entire galaxy

rodians -> greedo was a bounty hunter, which makes sense b/c rodians are a bounty hunter race

bothans -> many of them gave their lives to get the death star plans to the rebels. btw that's the name of their race, of which every single one of them is a spy

sullustans -> lando's copilot for the second death star run (Nien Nunb) is apparently typical, since sullustans are all pilots and navigators

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BANME.sh posted:

timg for :nws:

no idea the name of the comic. might have been a one-off thing. btw it was the 4th GIS result for 'webcomic office apocalypse'. reverse image search wants to call it "office revolt comic"

i'm the pantless fat guy who's drinking

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

rodians -> greedo was a bounty hunter, which makes sense b/c rodians are a bounty hunter race

bothans -> many of them gave their lives to get the death star plans to the rebels. btw that's the name of their race, of which every single one of them is a spy

sullustans -> lando's copilot for the second death star run (Nien Nunb) is apparently typical, since sullustans are all pilots and navigators
kowakian monkey-lizards -> all of them are huge assholes just because this one fucker owned by a hutt with a real weird fetish for humans was a huge rear end in a top hat, too

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
humans -> they're all militaristic assholes, just like real life

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
toydarians -> remember that blue flying nazi-caricature of a jew from phantom menace? turns out their whole race is stingy and grumpy

neimodians -> remember those green fu man chu-caricature guys from phantom menace? turns out their entire race is made up of greedy cowards which was perfect for letting them take over the trade federation

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sombrerotron posted:

kowakian monkey-lizards -> all of them are huge assholes just because this one fucker owned by a hutt with a real weird fetish for humans was a huge rear end in a top hat, too

there's a quest in star wars: the old republic where a thing you're looking for gets stolen by one of those little shits :argh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

toydarians -> remember that blue flying nazi-caricature of a jew from phantom menace? turns out their whole race is stingy and grumpy

neimodians -> remember those green fu man chu-caricature guys from phantom menace? turns out their entire race is made up of greedy cowards which was perfect for letting them take over the trade federation

jedi -> ben kenobi wears robes (possibly because he lives in a desert), so all jedi wear the same robes, no matter where they're from

sith -> the emperor shoots lightning at luke, so all the bad-guy anti-jedis can do that, too

(see red letter media for more)

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Sombrerotron posted:

i love that guy

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Gus Hobbleton posted:

does anyone have that comic of the dude in the class bitching about young people only wanting fast databases and who cares if they lose data i need it for a project

it was from unbeatable squirrel girl if that helps

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

sarlacc -> there's only two known sarlaccs but i bet if there were more they'd all be omnivorous horrors that digest their food over the course of an entire millennium

prefect posted:

there's a quest in star wars: the old republic where a thing you're looking for gets stolen by one of those little shits :argh:
yeah i know

Syncopated posted:

i love that guy
i greatly enjoy thinking about and saying his name

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
warning: i'm about to link to tvtropes

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlanetOfHats

star wars gets its own entire section lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ol qwerty bastard posted:

i get mad when i see the t-word now :sigh:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

well there are a lot of star wars so it only stands to reason

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

this whole planet's on a cob!

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
kinda want slice-of-life sci fi i guess

like a human character that gets offended when an alien calls him a german when he's actually dutch and the alien is like "what the gently caress?:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA04o4M1QJo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
everyone from han solo's planet hates odds, because he says "never tell me the odds". lol

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvugppFF19s

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

one of the star wars cross section books has a big spread of the senate building, which includes the offices of the neimoidian embassy. they're filled with immature neimoidian grubs doing office work, and the captions describe how two teams of office drones will be pitted against each other with identical work, and the first to finish gets to eat the other.

i got that book in like 2004 and at the time i definitely wasnt in on the epic zaibatsu jokes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
http://munchies.vice.com/articles/being-a-chef-made-me-forget-i-have-a-micropenis

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

so i should become a chef, is the message?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
the star wars eu takes everything that was dumb in the films and just makes it so much worse in every possible way

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
http://www.dolekemp96.org/interactive/computer/bobdole.bmp

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Syncopated posted:

everyone from han solo's planet hates odds, because he says "never tell me the odds". lol

they can even

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Syncopated posted:

dreams are desire

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Roargasm posted:

dreams are desire

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Postcards from the Edge is a good film, just rewatched it the other day, Meryl Streep ftw

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Broken Machine posted:

Meryl Streep ftw

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/court-rules-meryl-streep-unable-to-be-tried-by-jur-26799

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Kuvo posted:

it was from unbeatable squirrel girl if that helps
please dont post my nickname

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Improbable Crab

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

AtomD posted:

kinda want slice-of-life sci fi i guess

like a human character that gets offended when an alien calls him a german when he's actually dutch and the alien is like "what the gently caress?:

do you even know my real name?

i come from a whole species of gear people

calling me gear head is like calling a chinese person asia face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

do you even know my real name?

i come from a whole species of gear people

calling me gear head is like calling a chinese person asia face

it's a...real hassle out there

• Locked thread