Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Say, didn't Reagan have a civil defense plan that involved throwing all black people in concentration camps in the event of civil unrest? I think I read that somewhere but I don't know where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

SCOTUS just took up the Texas abortion case. This is one where if they (presumably) side with the state, it's going to let states make access to abortion basically impossible.

How hosed are we if they side with the states?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

evilweasel posted:

to be fair I believe Amherst is named after the guy who gave the native americans plague blankets, pioneering biological warfare against civilians

that guy was kind of an rear end in a top hat but i don't see what apologizing for him does now

Ditching Lord Jeff as an unofficial mascot is in their list of demands. It's something they been arguing about on campus for decades now.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

And El Paso is a border city so expect to see a lot of border crossing for abortions.

Somebody get out the actuarial tables and look up the probability of one in five old assholes dying over this winter.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Say, didn't Reagan have a civil defense plan that involved throwing all black people in concentration camps in the event of civil unrest? I think I read that somewhere but I don't know where.

I don't remember that plan specifically so I can't say, but I do know that the church committee and particularly the pike committee (church's counterpart in the house) uncovered a shitload of really hosed up plans by intelligence agencies to do this kind of poo poo and beyond. But all that would predate Reagan.

Reagan put out a bunch of executive orders that overrode the reforms made in the wake of those revelations though, countermanding the restrictions and allowing them to get back to doing the poo poo that was uncovered and banned.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Artificer posted:

Pretty hosed.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Oh come on Romney, you don't want a second rear end whopping?

Third.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
If everyone in Paris had been allowed to open carry their own AK, this wouldn't happen :(

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
At least 18 dead in a shooting in Paris. Which candidate will be the first one to use this as a reason to hawk gun ownership?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Kro-Bar posted:

poo poo is going down in Paris.

And explosions elsewhere in Paris, though no direct connection yet

La Liberation is updating every few minutes if you want to follow

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Artificer posted:

A report on Crooks&Liars lists 80% of TX clinics closing and the only clinic in MS closing as the result of the Supreme Court siding with the states. I'd imagine those rulings would start a chain reaction in other states to start enacting bullshit regulation on clinics to shut them down as well.

Wouldn't that be something though, women's reproductive rights being destroyed under a democratic president.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Explosion in a bar in Paris as well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kro-Bar posted:

At least 18 dead in a shooting in Paris. Which candidate will be the first one to use this as a reason to hawk gun ownership?

Oh they're all gonna be falling over each other to do this.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oh poo poo my friend is in Paris right now.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Kro-Bar posted:

poo poo is going down in Paris.

Goddamn, this is bad.

BBC posted:

At least one man opened fire with an automatic gun at the Cambodge restaurant in the 11th district. An explosion is also reported to have targeted a bar near Stade de France, where France were hosting Germany Link

NBC News posted:

An explosion rattled a bar near a Paris stadium around the same time as a separate shootout at a Paris restaurant Friday, according to reports. Police in Paris told NBC News that several people had been shot at a restaurant, around the same time as at least one other incident.Link

Telegraph posted:

Grenades reportedly used at Paris stadium, unknown if casualties. Several said killed in shooting at restaurant followed by other attacks Link, quote further down in a tweet

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fourth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECVyuz5iNyQ

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Kro-Bar posted:

So far. As of now shooting is continuing

And the explosions were targeted at a bar near the soccer stadium that president Hollande was at (he was at the stadium not the bar)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Hollismason posted:

Pretty hosed.

I don't suppose Supreme Courts can overturn its own decisions, huh.

Goddammit. :(

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Kro-Bar posted:

You're thinking too small -- this will be revealed to be a ISIS plot/attack, churning the anti-immigration fervor up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Artificer posted:

Yeah they do it all the time.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

mdemone posted:

Somebody get out the actuarial tables and look up the probability of one in five old assholes dying over this winter.

Actuarial tables don't apply to politicians, actual fact.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Fried Chicken posted:

So far. As of now shooting is continuing

And the explosions were targeted at a bar near the soccer stadium that president Hollande was at (he was at the stadium not the bar)

Grenades have been reported to have been used at one of the shootings by bystanders..

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

There is a France-Germany match at the stadium as well, so high profile target

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Actuarial tables don't apply to politicians, actual fact.

Makes you wonder why so many Soviet politicians lived so long.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I get what you're saying, but it's really hard to even approach a compromise when the person you're going to compromise starts off asking for a apology for everything ever that has happened.

More college hijinks:

Come on, man.

that's stupid. if it was some draw stupid edgy Muhammad contest being done on campus on 9/11, i would agree with canceling it. But this is retarded. what the hell is racist about having a moment of silence on 9/11. these people are morons.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
ISIL related? If so, this really just emboldens right-wing nationalists to close their borders to muslim immigrants and refugees. lovely stuff.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Fried Chicken posted:

Yeah President Hollande was there and has been evacuated.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Fried Chicken posted:

The president was at the stadium as well.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

You're thinking too small -- this will be revealed to be a ISIS plot/attack, churning the anti-immigration fervor up.

gently caress, you're right. :(

Can anyone translate?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Talmonis posted:

ISIL related? If so, this really just emboldens right-wing nationalists to close their borders to muslim immigrants and refugees. lovely stuff.

Literally no info yet as the perpetrators haven't been apprehended and one of the events is still going on. No reports on demographics.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Where's the al jazeera steam for coverage of this?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Artificer posted:

The do indeed overturn their own decision, look at Plessy vs Ferguson (Separate but Equal) in 1896 getting overturned by Brown vs Board of Education (1954).

Also note that sometimes that poo poo takes a very, very long time.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I'm seeing reports on twitter of a hostage situation at a concert hall.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

So it's 18 dead with hostages remaining at a concert hall (Bataclan theater), no numbers in death or injury at the stadium yet. A few reporters are now saying they are linked but they don't have a source so I'd say assume that is speculation for now.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Marine Le Pen is rubbing her hands together gleefully as we speak.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fade5 posted:

The do indeed overturn their own decision, look at Plessy vs Ferguson (Separate but Equal) in 1896 getting overturned by Brown vs Board of Education (1954).

Also note that sometimes that poo poo takes a very, very long time.

Yeah, while they *can* overturn their own decisions, practically it won't happen unless the makeup of the court significantly changes.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kro-Bar posted:

gently caress, you're right. :(

Can anyone translate?

Mon français est tres rouille, mais something like:

Blood. Still happening, something about the wind, extremely nervous, soldiers and police going..... I don't know what gens en larnes means sorry, I've not lived in French territory in 12 years, does it show?

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 13, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Talmonis posted:

I hope not, but if i was a betting man, i would say probably. pray their arnt to many dead :( loving sucks for all the refugees who are about to get hosed over by some vichy wannabees.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Glad my work decided not to take the November beam time now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Talmonis posted:

Apparently ISIL twitter is blowing up right now, and ISIL just got their asses handed to them with Sinjar, Al Hawl, and Jihadi John being killed, so it's looking probable that it's ISIL-related.

(ISIL did a super deadly suicide attack on Kobani after they lost Tal Abyad; they tend to be sore losers.)

• Locked thread