Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Not all super powers have the same side-effects.

I think the text for his artist portrait section on Vol.10 says that he's no longer dying his hair and accepting he's going grey. At least, the /a/ thread during the stream said that was written down.

The man's 37 :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Keeshhound posted:

My uncle was completely grey by 21, it happens.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Bad Seafood posted:

I always knew it was Murata who went to ONE with the idea to redraw his comic but I never imagined it played out like this.

Murata's a stand-up guy (if true).

Wow, that's a pretty wild tale. If there's anyone who could recover from losing a steady manga income/getting a bad rep for breaching a contract, it would've been Murata though. If I was an editor at a publisher and knew he was on the market I would be at his door pretty much right away trying to get him to draw the manga for one of my writer's ideas. He could keep doing insanely good art commissions if nothing else, ala his wicked Spider-man drawings.

I doubt he'd ever end up with the Tetsuya Nomura situation of literally having creative jobs booked for the next 5-7 years, I'd like to think he's better equipped to get work than your average mangaka.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Keeshhound posted:

Lots of people start going grey in their 20s or earlier. Hell, I'm a year younger than him and my grey is finally getting to the point where its noticeable to strangers.

You're always the first one to notice your greys and have a mini freak out internally over getting old. Then your family and friends, then your coworkers, then strangers.

I wonder if he was coloring his greys in individually with a paintbrush, and felt guilty about having the most beautifully colored hair in the world.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Gyges posted:

Lots of people start going grey in their 20s or earlier. Hell, I'm a year younger than him and my grey is finally getting to the point where its noticeable to strangers.

You're always the first one to notice your greys and have a mini freak out internally over getting old. Then your family and friends, then your coworkers, then strangers.

I wonder if he was coloring his greys in individually with a paintbrush, and felt guilty about having the most beautifully colored hair in the world.

I was going gray in my early 20s, but it wasn't really noticeable to anybody besides me for a few years. I turn 30 in a couple weeks and I have like a whole section of grey in the front that makes a kinda cool looking stripe when I comb my hair.

Anyway, the point is I'm not going bald, which I suppose means I didn't train hard enough :ohdear:

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

I have a brother who started going grey in high school. I think he was 15 at the time.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
As if I couldn't admire the man more. Honestly he's basically Saitama at this point.

I trained myself to DRAW TO ALMOST NEAR DEATH. I figured he was the one who reached out to ONE about redrawing OPM.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That's a loving story "in my deathbed I realized I'd rather die standing for One Punch Man than kneeling for Shueisha's whims" or something of that effect should be written on a volume cover. I don't care if Shueisha is the one publishing.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

can we get a manga about murata and one teaming up to make OPM

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Jintor posted:

One Pen Mangaka

bondster
May 6, 2007

Jintor posted:

BakuOnePunchMan

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am not okay with a fancomic where King, the most noble, righteous and powerful Hero would advocate bullying Saitama.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I am not okay with a fancomic where King, the most noble, righteous and powerful Hero would advocate bullying Saitama.

Notice who shouted out the name?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tatsumaki would definitely do that, but King would never suggest that topic. :colbert:

↓ He would stand up for Saitama, let the King Engine roar and protect his friend and skip it.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 12, 2015

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Tatsumaki would definitely do that, but King would never suggest that topic. :colbert:

They are doing Whose line, and one of the games is unlikely heroes and thats literally what the host calls out to the audience, so he would.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm very amused at the idea of Tornado filling Saitama's life with incidental insults.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I like that he doesn't look so much hurt as exasperated/confused.

It's like "Why does everyone keep going on about me being bald?"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Keeshhound posted:

I like that he doesn't look so much hurt as exasperated/confused.

It's like "Why does everyone keep going on about me being bald?"

Saitama's face reminds me of the little monkey in Futurama when he finds out Fry is offending him gratuitously. The pure shock.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I feel like thats an actual moment from whose line where colin mocherie was given that same prompt and response and they just drew over it

E:yep

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aRu1W7Enpe8

Sorry if that doesnt work for you non-americans

Fellis fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 13, 2015

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Seaking and Boros anime designs posted.
Interesting pallet choice for Boros.

Far cry from the first Murata Draft (that is closest to the ONE version)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Boros looks loving delicious, like cotton candy.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Nipple hearts are still the greatest thing about Sea King

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I am all about that Boros design. There's already a character with ostentatious black spiky armor. Ostentatious WHITE spiky armor hasn't been done yet.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Boros looks loving delicious, like cotton candy.

And Sea king is truly *beautiful*.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The color pallet reminds me of Buu and Cell. I wonder if that was intentional. I still love the color choices, but wish the crotch skull had made it in.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TriffTshngo posted:

I am all about that Boros design. There's already a character with ostentatious black spiky armor. Ostentatious WHITE spiky armor hasn't been done yet.

I'm all for this show getting more colorful.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Those designs/color schemes are great.

Looking forward to seeing them animated.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Didn't Boros get re-designed to look less generic? The pink design resembles his later appearance, but I don't know which chapters are re-draws or not or whatever.

But he does look like that in some archived versions.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

Didn't Boros get re-designed to look less generic? The pink design resembles his later appearance, but I don't know which chapters are re-draws or not or whatever.

But he does look like that in some archived versions.

The chapter he makes his debut is the one with the most redraws (Atomic Samurai's attack got redrawn like 3 times). Every time Murata added pages to the chapter, he changed something.
But yeah, the final design is the one the anime is based on.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean it's not like the armor is going to stay on for long

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terper posted:

I mean it's not like the armor is going to stay on for long

It's holding back his true power.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I hope the anime has some richly-detailed, gratuitously dramatic reveal for Boros' armor shattering only to cut to storyboard sketches of Saitama going "Okay."

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
MORE COMIC GOODNESS!

OPM #83

http://imgur.com/a/MfwI4

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBrRBZy8OTs

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Metal Bat :worship:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I've always loved Metal Bat ever since he snatched the regenerating core straight out of that alien dude. It's probably because of his insanely high Kuwabara level, so seeing him do more cool poo poo is great.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I wanna see Saitama and the tournament really bad, but goddamn Metal Bat is badass.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I wanna see Saitama and the tournament really bad, but goddamn Metal Bat is badass.

When we come back from Metal Bat defeating the Gigapede, Saitama will have already won the tournament. Charanko will get the credit for the win, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

PaganGoatPants posted:

MORE COMIC GOODNESS!

OPM #83

I think I missed my chance to read #82. It's licensed in America now, isn't it? It seems to have been taken down everywhere.