Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sassassin posted:

Star Wars would be more accurately named 'The Bad Guy Wasn't So Bad After All... Wars (even Palpatine made some good points)'

The evil guys only seem pure evil if you were 8 when you first watched it and haven't thought about it since.

I dunno, even without the clouded innocence of youth, the guy shooting lightning out of his fingertips seems like a shithead.

Except the Sith Inquisitor. He/she is delightful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Palpatine is probably the only truly irredeemable person in Star Wars and that's because he's Literally Space Satan just about.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cythereal posted:

Ashara's fall to the dark side happens *after* her recruitment, not beforehand like Jaesa. Ashara joins you because she kind of hated being a Jedi, has nowhere else to go, and if you're threatening she's terrified of you. Her character and what she's doing on your ship only fill in after she joins the party.

If you choose the dark side options, you brainwash her with a Sith holocron, and then you electrocute her until she agrees to join your side. Twice.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Palpatine is probably the only truly irredeemable person in Star Wars and that's because he's Literally Space Satan just about.

Oh, yeah, Vitiate/Valkorian is just a peach.

prefect fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 14, 2015

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

So I just waded through the lv 36 Boarding Party and Foundry flashpoints by myself to see the little bits of story, and was a little puzzled I didn't have a proper debrief, or why they were marked as unessential quests. Turns out the big purple triangle I was saving for later lead to the exact same missions with an actual reward at the end. :negative:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Both the Pierce and Qyzen quests are making me hate this game again, like I know I don't have to do them but the compulsion of having them in my alliance screen is overwhelming and yet they totally suck

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
I finally settled on a character to take through the expansions and to KotFE (Sith Inquisitor). However, the only planetary questline I did was the one for Corellia. Are they still available after the point of no return when starting KotFE? And if not, is there any reason I might regret not doing them?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Iron Tusk posted:

I like Ashara's result better as she figures out a synthesis of the two philosophies.

"Come to the dark side, young one."
"So you're saying that I can use power and passion to help and protect people?"
"...um, yes, that is exactly what I said. No watch me pump people full of lightning."
"Cool beans!"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"How did you open that holocron? I know archaeologists who have labored their entire lives trying to figure it out."
"I shot it with lightning."
"Oh."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Force lightning: the solution to all of an inquisitor's problems.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

If someone could shoot Voldar a space guild invite, that'd be swell. My battle with Comcast is over and I can finally play with you guys again.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Force lightning: the solution to all of an inquisitor's problems.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Did that post about the quickest heroics ever get updated to include Imp heroics as well?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah, because Tarkin was such a standup dude. Between the Tarkin Doctrine and blowing up Alderaan just to show off his new toy, clearly he was just misunderstood! :shepface:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, because Tarkin was such a standup dude. Between the Tarkin Doctrine and blowing up Alderaan just to show off his new toy, clearly he was just misunderstood! :shepface:

to be fair the Tarkin Doctrine was one of the few EU things that have been outright replaced so far. Now it was basically an interview about how rad the Empire is.

He's still a piece of poo poo though!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Anyone who blows up Alderaan is a hero, thank you very much. :colbert:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Tarkin did the galaxy a favor.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

prefect posted:

If you choose the dark side options, you brainwash her with a Sith holocron, and then you electrocute her until she agrees to join your side. Twice.

Oh, yeah, Vitiate/Valkorian is just a peach.

I often times forget that character exists. That or I was just thinking of the movies. One or the other.

Or maybe I just want to forget he exists because he's the dumbest and most fanfiction-y thing in SWTOR. It saddens me that we'll probably never be rid of him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aphrodite posted:

I know you have to think that or you've wasted your life, but no. George Lucas made it his mission to remove any nuance. It's all as black and white as it gets.

Any scene where a Republic character appeared to be kind of a jerk? Well it turns out that the Empire killed his wife 2 days earlier.

That good Imp? Republic spy. Or he was faking it.

The half naked guy who felt really sad about that rancor? Rapist.

I don't remember any of this from the films.

The only thing Lucas has actually "removed" nuance from is the Light/Dark side stuff, where the literal plot of 2/3rds of the OT says that while it's not okay to use the dark side (watch yourself Kyle Katarn), you can always come back to the light. There is still good in him.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there anything super necessary from the cash shop? Got 500 funbux for subscribing

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I am gonna play this for a few months to do some story classes through, but my only question is...

are purple lightsabers gone? Searching google is only giving me results from 2011.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Fuzz posted:

Knowing the EU there's probably a whole book that reveals when Tarkin said 'You may fire when ready', what he actually meant was 'fire if you want', and is conflicted about his poor choice of words (while having to keep up professional appearances). Then at Yavin in that last shot of him he's actually thinking 'Oh poo poo I said it again, didn't I?'

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dubious posted:

I am gonna play this for a few months to do some story classes through, but my only question is...

are purple lightsabers gone? Searching google is only giving me results from 2011.

No, they're still there. And even more of them!

Tirranek posted:

Knowing the EU there's probably a whole book that reveals when Tarkin said 'You may fire when ready', what he actually meant was 'fire if you want', and is conflicted about his poor choice of words (while having to keep up professional appearances). Then at Yavin in that last shot of him he's actually thinking 'Oh poo poo I said it again, didn't I?'

The only book with Tarkin in any meaningful capacity is one of the new official novels. When the EU was bad it was usually with new characters, not the movie ones.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Are clones considered new or existing characters?

Uuse the Foorce, Luuke.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

sassassin posted:

I don't remember any of this from the films.

The only thing Lucas has actually "removed" nuance from is the Light/Dark side stuff, where the literal plot of 2/3rds of the OT says that while it's not okay to use the dark side (watch yourself Kyle Katarn), you can always come back to the light. There is still good in him.

I very much consider "he's got me at gunpoint, better shoot before he has a chance" more nuanced than "this bounty hunter is so bad he flunked Imperial Stormtrooper Academy and I can shoot back with clear conscience" :colbert:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Is there a list of what the new planetary reward gear looks like? TOR-fashion is kind of massively out of date now for that.

e: nevermind, I didn't see this page http://tor-fashion.com/4-0-mission-rewards/ though it's missing almost everything

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 14, 2015

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Only took me 5 years, but I finally beat the trooper story(the second story I have completed)

:negative:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So I hosed up, bought and used a Level 60 token without knowing the character is created having already gone through the storyline. At this point would it still be possible to get a refund on it or is it gone and I should accept my dumb fate?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Pierson posted:

So I hosed up, bought and used a Level 60 token without knowing the character is created having already gone through the storyline. At this point would it still be possible to get a refund on it or is it gone and I should accept my dumb fate?
If you delete the character prior to level 61, you should get your token back. Any later and you're stuck with him.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
No I mean a refund on the token itself to get my cartel coins back.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Pierson posted:

No I mean a refund on the token itself to get my cartel coins back.

Ah, then no. The policy has always been no refunds on cartel purchases. You could sell the token on the GTN I suppose.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tirranek posted:

He's in the Rebels cartoon now and he's pretty nasty. The first thing he did on the show was dress down the comic relief characters and then have them executed. He then moves straight on to civilian slaughter.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Iron Tusk posted:

He's in the Rebels cartoon now and he's pretty nasty. The first thing he did on the show was dress down the comic relief characters and then have them executed. He then moves straight on to civilian slaughter.

Something a lot of people seem to forget is that Tarkin is the main villain of ANH, not Vader. In fact, he's the one bossing Vader around. Tarkin in the movie is a smart, calculating villain whose fatal flaw is underestimating his enemies - and even then, he came within moments of winning if not for the Force.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
One of the things I'm enjoying the most about Sith Inquisitor, is that you use your ship's Intercom much more than you use your Holoterminal. Besides the interaction with your companions being more interesting than just listening to whoever is your latest puppeteer, it gives me a greater feeling of agency. Like I'm not as much a lackey doing someone else's bidding. It also really made me wish for more inter party banter.

Is any other class like this? I already know that... Smuggler, SW, BH and Agent aren't.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The female voice for DS inquisitor is really perfect for it too

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

Is there anything super necessary from the cash shop? Got 500 funbux for subscribing

The rocket boost, companion gift influence perks and field respec are things I can't do without even if field respec is annoyingly broken as poo poo right now.

On a side note, irl friends [ughu] are insisting we play republic for a bit which is fine as I forced them to transfer to JC. Are there any large but kinda rad guilds on pubbie side anyone can vouch for?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Beeme posted:

One of the things I'm enjoying the most about Sith Inquisitor, is that you use your ship's Intercom much more than you use your Holoterminal. Besides the interaction with your companions being more interesting than just listening to whoever is your latest puppeteer, it gives me a greater feeling of agency. Like I'm not as much a lackey doing someone else's bidding. It also really made me wish for more inter party banter.

Is any other class like this? I already know that... Smuggler, SW, BH and Agent aren't.

The counterpart, Consular has about the same intercom usage around act 2.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
I should stop doing this GSF daily. I want to like it, and sometimes I do, but it seems that most of the time I just get totally wrecked. It is a letdown.

Edit: And just after I post this I get into a fun match that I lost but was nevertheless pretty close.

Fargin Icehole posted:

The counterpart, Consular has about the same intercom usage around act 2.

Awesome! I already wanted to do Consular next. It will be nice to start over with the low-level PvP bracket as a Sage.

Beeme fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 14, 2015

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Rannison posted:

even if field respec is annoyingly broken as poo poo right now.

It is? I've had no issues with it. What's wrong?

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Jedi posted:

I have to relog, or occasionally zoning works, anytime I have to commit my talents and also having to go back to the trainer to relearn abilities that are replaced [Bludgeon replaces Blaster Whip so you have to relearn Blaster Whip] basically defeats the purpose of having a convenient field respec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jedi posted:

For me at least, you have to log out to assign any points after respeccing, sometimes multiple times.

• Locked thread