Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
"shut up governor"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Aaaand O'Malley crashes back down.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

stephenfry posted:

haha she won't say single-payer haha

she originally wanted it in the 90s too, instead she's now backing what is essentially the 90s republican answer to that

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
"Sorry M'Om our advertisers are more important than you."

hahaha

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm frankly disappointed that Bernie is still so broad strokes about all the issues. Foreign policy, sure, but he's running on the economy, he or the people working for him should have had numbers ready.

Because his campaign isn't about becoming President or implementing specific tax plans, it's about pushing policy in his direction.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Bernie claims the #2 applause, too. Heh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pmchem posted:

The drone sub is a real thing, guys. Google it. And nukes have been in torps for decades. Wasn't a stretch to put a nuke is a larger device with different guidance system and more fuel.

But it sounds scary!!!!!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

O'Malley little chuckle is so cute :kimchi:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
You're breaking the rules!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

I'm glad that military poo poo is over, because the events of this week still don't make me feel any less secure than I did last week. And I don't want more dead soldiers.

I'm really glad the attack didn't come before the Republican debate. It woulda been unbearable.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
dickerson takes no poo poo

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:lol:

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
Bad Governor! Bad! *smacks O'Malley with newspaper*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Because his campaign isn't about becoming President or implementing specific tax plans, it's about pushing policy in his direction.

He's doing a poo poo job of that too though?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

Did he tell this to his most outspoken supporters? :v:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Real talk why doesn't Hillary talk about her support of single payer healthcare coverage in the 90s? Like it was unpopular then but now a lot more people are in support and it'd take wind out of Bernie's sails

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
So strange to see a moderator not taking poo poo

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
THE MODS ARE GREAT

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

o'malley shut up you're not gonna be president let us play ads

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm frankly disappointed that Bernie is still so broad strokes about all the issues. Foreign policy, sure, but he's running on the economy, he or the people working for him should have had numbers ready.

Bernie lost last night, as long as he can force Hillary to move left and stay left it's a victory

Secondary concern is getting the electorate to understand just how hosed the economics are in America

Tertiary concern is building a long-lasting progressive movement that will vote on downtickets

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
make this guy the moderator of every dem and gop debate

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do you think they would be interested in moderating GBS?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
we all know commercials are more important

the republican debate actually had to put their commercials on hold for the candidates

like something something sell out

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

tranime scholar posted:

make this guy the moderator of every dem and gop debate

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Why haven't they started crying about the questions yet?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Bad Caller posted:

Real talk why doesn't Hillary talk about her support of single payer healthcare coverage in the 90s? Like it was unpopular then but now a lot more people are in support and it'd take wind out of Bernie's sails

Hillary is already aiming for the general and clearly doesn't want to have to market universal single payer (although she really should but I'm not focus groups and policy advisors).

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bad Caller posted:

she originally wanted it in the 90s too, instead she's now backing what is essentially the 90s republican answer to that

The Heritage plan wasn't a serious effort, it was more of a bad faith gesture. The ACA is much better.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
We might as well just appoint that GEICO lizard President, and Flo from Progressive as his VP.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Bad Caller posted:

it opens up the question why she later supported a modified version of the republican response to hillarycare

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Ralp posted:

THE MODS ARE GREAT

Dont sign your posts

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's doing a poo poo job of that too though?

Not really, considering he's gotten Hillary to oppose KXL and TPP, among other things.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

O'Malley little chuckle is so cute :kimchi:

I'd take him over every Republican idiot, but his history scares me.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Winkie01 posted:

Why haven't they started crying about the questions yet?

liberal bias, duh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brannock posted:

Bernie lost last night, as long as he can force Hillary to move left and stay left it's a victory

Secondary concern is getting the electorate to understand just how hosed the economics are in America

Tertiary concern is building a long-lasting progressive movement that will vote on downtickets

Has he done literally anything to support downticket progressive movements? Like anything at all? Other than say the words 'revolution' a bunch I mean.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
CBSN is cool and good and if this is the future of streaming channels after TV dies, then cool

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Bad Caller posted:

She has to run a general election after the primary and single payer is not that popular.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Heritage plan wasn't a serious effort, it was more of a bad faith gesture. The ACA is much better.

Yes because having people that still don't have healthcare and many that can't afford it is a good thing

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

hillary doesnt need to take the wind out of bernie's sails, she has more supporters than him

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Holy poo poo a moderator who has control over the debaters? What am I watching?

mom is being so weird. he's acting like a good candidate, but burning bridges. unless he thinks sanders is in with a shot his whole campaign is a waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
Sanders is owning tonight

• Locked thread