Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Huzzah, death metal Scandinavian Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ah, the Payday 2 method. I'm down, worked like a charm for that game.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kikas posted:

Ah, the Payday 2 method. I'm down, worked like a charm for that game.

I'm so used to people associating Payday 2 to microtransactions recently that what you said really threw me off.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Also double post but in this webm they posted.

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/111315/m1856.webm

There's a puppet sitting in the rafters.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

Maybe they're giving us something more interesting to hunt for cheevos than generic dosh medals, something more appropriate to each map type? Make it so TW.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikTNxheUpPk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Theta Zero posted:

It's a reference to the Toy Master KF1 mod.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I'm very hyped for Gunslinger

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
God I really hope fleshpounds get a full rework, they just suck all of the fun out of the higher waves right now.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Colosmicon posted:

God I really hope fleshpounds get a full rework, they just suck all of the fun out of the higher waves right now.

it's because you don't have a berserker or a demo hth

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Fleshpounds really are just "It targeted me, guess I'm dead now" on higher difficulties. "Kill it before it kills you" really doesn't work that well when it kills you faster than you have the ability to deplete its health with 90% of the weapons in the game. You can't DPS race a fleshpound.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
FP's still aren't as bad as Han's death rush thing. I'll take FPs raging all day over that poo poo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Colosmicon posted:

The following emote will provide all the advice you need in dealing with fleshpounds.

:gitgud:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

The following emote will provide all the advice you need in dealing with fleshpounds.

Basically. If you stand there and let one go crazy, then yeah, you're going to die. If your group gets cut apart and stops controlling the area, then maybe a Pound will slip in a wreck some people. That's a failing on the part of the group, though. When groups are organized, it's not hard to call out a Pound and have a Berserker tank/stagger it while other people blow it up.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Alteisen posted:

this.
Pounds are easy to handle if you know what you are doing.
It's a teamwork game man.

Hans's rush is still Bullshit though.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Thank you all for the A+ advice and god bless.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Colosmicon posted:

Thank you all for the A+ advice and god bless.

Play more and learn.
Stop being a whiney B

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't think I've ever beaten Suicidal Hans without a Bezerker or two basically stunlocking him while everyone else unloads

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Away all Goats posted:

I don't think I've ever beaten Suicidal Hans without a Bezerker or two basically stunlocking him while everyone else unloads

The easiest approach seems to be a Berserker tanking with Medic assistance, while everyone else switches to Support and mag dumps AA12 into him. He goes down really fast, and all the supports can quickly resupply a mag off of each other. This approach dramatically limits the need to buy extra weapons and minimizes the odds of something going wrong. Of course, the non-Berserkers need to be smart enough to run if Hans tries to focus them.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Of course, the non-Berserkers need to be smart enough to run if Hans tries to focus them.
That's always the part that breaks down for me in this "best case" scenario, when he just phases through multiple players to doubleslash-jump the medic standing in the opposite corner of the room.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

That's always the part that breaks down for me in this "best case" scenario, when he just phases through multiple players to doubleslash-jump the medic standing in the opposite corner of the room.

Yeah. This is always frustrating, and I don't think you can always avoid it. However, if everyone stands back sufficiently and puts physical objects between themselves and Hans, then things should be okay most of the time. Just don't engage until the Berserker has Hans' attention. Really, the reason I like this approach is because it takes only a handful of seconds for everyone to magdump Hans and put him in shield mode. If you kill him really fast, opportunities for him to do some bullshit to you are really limited. Just make sure the Medic is farthest away and best-protected. That's really the only guy you cannot afford to lose. If the Zerker drops, a support can grab the melee drop and just hold block.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hans is usually pretty easy if your team does okay no matter the difficulty. If you aren't dying every wave you can buy extra aa12's or microwaves and toss them on the ground for the last wave.

I only play custom servers now because as long as the team is decent HOE isn't THAT hard. I can't get a win on Voltar Manor though for some reason, but I only jump into games with pubbies so it's a roll of the dice as far as teams go.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 15, 2015

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Play more and learn.
Stop being a whiney B

Thanks for your invaluable input, but I'm not new to this game. I'm going to explain why fleshpounds suck for low-DPS classes like commando: there is no effective way to neutralize them as an individual player, or a small group of individual players. If my demoman or berserker fucks up, I don't have any recourse except to sprint backwards away from an unyielding meat mountain until it kills me. There's nothing fun or rewarding about that. Hopefully TW will add ways to de-escalate fleshpounds by expanding the area damage system, but for now they're just a gigantic distraction from popping heads.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Colosmicon posted:

Thanks for your invaluable input, but I'm not new to this game. I'm going to explain why fleshpounds suck for low-DPS classes like commando: there is no effective way to neutralize them as an individual player, or a small group of individual players. If my demoman or berserker fucks up, I don't have any recourse except to sprint backwards away from an unyielding meat mountain until it kills me. There's nothing fun or rewarding about that. Hopefully TW will add ways to de-escalate fleshpounds by expanding the area damage system, but for now they're just a gigantic distraction from popping heads.

I don't see a problem here. It is true that some classes struggle with certain enemies. Commandos shouldn't be seen as an effective counter to Fleshpounds. If the portion of your team that is responsible for handling that threat fails, then that's the end of the line. The system is working as intended. It shouldn't be the case than any class can effectively solo any enemy. The fun and rewarding part of the game is when a team works effectively as a unit to deal with threats in all forms.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
What's the generally accepted strategy to deal with fleshpounds? I know nothing so I'd like to read up on this.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Colosmicon posted:

i dont care if you have been playing for a million years. It is a team game. Especially at the high levels. you can get away with not role based stuff at normal , even hard, but above that, if the team mix doesnt work, you are dead. stop being a little bitch.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Ryuga Death posted:

What's the generally accepted strategy to deal with fleshpounds? I know nothing so I'd like to read up on this.

support, beserkers, and demos gang up to take him down with medic dumping healing darts while commando and firebug sweeps to prevent trash from overwhelming them. Commmando can go full auto in an emergency. Firebugs can gang up on Skrakes because Skrakes are weak to fire

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

They are weak to explosives and piercing damage, and resist basically all other damage types. They've also got a bunch of health and do a substantial amount of damage. They charge when they're angry, and they're often angry, so... Anyway, viable approaches:

Berserker with Pulverizer - Pulverizer does explosive damage with heavy attacks. Aim for the head. If you've got Smash, you can knock the Pound to the ground for a few seconds.

Berserker with Zweihander - Zweihander's tertiary poke attack does piercing damage. Aim for the head and spam it. Between the range of the Zwei and the piercing bonus, you can stab at the Pound while backing away and basically solo the whole encounter that way.

Demo with RPG/C4: Have a teammate (Zerk) tank while you fire off explosions.

If all else fails: Have someone tank while everyone else unloads. Even before Berserker was super-good and before we had Demo, Pounds were manageable. AA12s work sufficiently well, as does the Microwave Gun. The only real thing is that you can't expect to solo a Pound without some real effort. Most classes really aren't well-equipped to do it by themselves. And that's okay. Work together.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

She Bangs the Drums posted:

support, beserkers, and demos gang up to take him down with medic dumping healing darts while commando and firebug sweeps to prevent trash from overwhelming them. Commmando can go full auto in an emergency. Firebugs can gang up on Skrakes because Skrakes are weak to fire

Are fleshpounds weak to explosives in KF2 like they were in the first game? What should a zerk do against an FP exactly? I didn't realize scrakes are weak to fire now, that's neat.

They are weak to explosives and piercing damage, and resist basically all other damage types. They've also got a bunch of health and do a substantial amount of damage. They charge when they're angry, and they're often angry, so... Anyway, viable approaches:

Berserker with Pulverizer - Pulverizer does explosive damage with heavy attacks. Aim for the head. If you've got Smash, you can knock the Pound to the ground for a few seconds.

Berserker with Zweihander - Zweihander's tertiary poke attack does piercing damage. Aim for the head and spam it. Between the range of the Zwei and the piercing bonus, you can stab at the Pound while backing away and basically solo the whole encounter that way.

Demo with RPG/C4: Have a teammate (Zerk) tank while you fire off explosions.

If all else fails: Have someone tank while everyone else unloads. Even before Berserker was super-good and before we had Demo, Pounds were manageable. AA12s work sufficiently well, as does the Microwave Gun. The only real thing is that you can't expect to solo a Pound without some real effort. Most classes really aren't well-equipped to do it by themselves. And that's okay. Work together.

That's awesome! Thanks. What are the generally accepted ways of dealing with scrakes for now?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Ryuga Death posted:

Are fleshpounds weak to explosives in KF2 like they were in the first game? What should a zerk do against an FP exactly? I didn't realize scrakes are weak to fire now, that's neat.

That's awesome! Thanks. What are the generally accepted ways of dealing with scrakes for now?

basically anyone with a melee weapon can block. With medic support you can survive until the rest you team take the pound out.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

Scrakes aren't weak to fire, they're weak to Microwaves. From the Microwave Gun. Firebugs can almost solo 6-man HOE Scrakes with that thing. If you're being careful, have a Berserker tank while Firebug does its thing. Or just have a Firebug or two magdump their Microwaves into the Scrake. It'll literally take a second or three for the Scrake to melt. Good Berserkers can mostly solo Scrakes as well, but things get a little dodgy when the Scrakes rage out. Much safer to just have a Berserker play bait while other teammates assist with the kill.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Scrakes aren't weak to fire, they're weak to Microwaves. From the Microwave Gun. Firebugs can almost solo 6-man HOE Scrakes with that thing. If you're being careful, have a Berserker tank while Firebug does its thing. Or just have a Firebug or two magdump their Microwaves into the Scrake. It'll literally take a second or three for the Scrake to melt. Good Berserkers can mostly solo Scrakes as well, but things get a little dodgy when the Scrakes rage out. Much safer to just have a Berserker play bait while other teammates assist with the kill.

What does a good zerker have to do against a scrake?

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

I don't see a problem here. It is true that some classes struggle with certain enemies. Commandos shouldn't be seen as an effective counter to Fleshpounds. If the portion of your team that is responsible for handling that threat fails, then that's the end of the line. The system is working as intended. It shouldn't be the case than any class can effectively solo any enemy. The fun and rewarding part of the game is when a team works effectively as a unit to deal with threats in all forms.

I'm not advocating that commandos be an effective counter to fleshpounds, just that they have emergency defense mechanisms if poo poo doesn't go their way. Most classes can deal with raging scrakes by sprinting backwards and shooting them in the head, but with fleshpounds that strategy is nonviable- they're just a little too fast to dodge and hit too hard to allow you to keep dodging, considering the slowdown mechanic. Basically, fleshpounds stand out as the only enemy that skilled non-zerker players can't solo, and that's weird.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Ryuga Death posted:

just keep its attention.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Colosmicon posted:

I'm not advocating that commandos be an effective counter to fleshpounds, just that they have emergency defense mechanisms if poo poo doesn't go their way. Most classes can deal with raging scrakes by sprinting backwards and shooting them in the head, but with fleshpounds that strategy is nonviable- they're just a little too fast to dodge and hit too hard to allow you to keep dodging, considering the slowdown mechanic. Basically, fleshpounds stand out as the only enemy that skilled non-zerker players can't solo, and that's weird.

drop a ton of grenades and dump a mag full auto into their head as a Commando. You can take them down, its just not ideal, because it burns ammo.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

Mainly just parry it. My preferred routine is to let it walk after me until everyone is ready to go. I parry the first attack, heavy attack the head to make the Scrake fall, and generally, by that time, the Firebug(s) has shown up and destroyed the Scrake. If you have to solo, just keep parrying and attack between parries. Play conservatively, though. It's better to give up an attack to block or parry than it is to eat a bunch of damage.

Colosmicon posted:

What does "if poo poo doesn't go their way" mean?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Colosmicon posted:

I agree. Sure some classes should be better than other classes at handling certain things, and it is a team game. But for highly skilled players there should be ways to pull of fleshpound and scrake kills solo. That's what made KF1 so great to me. You could join a team of complete poo poo and if you were good enough you could carry the whole game. Some scoff at the idea, but it was very hard to pull off (certain maps as medic or zerk notwithstanding), and they are probably just jealous of those who can, or hate being the bad ones that die and then have to watch a pro take 20 minutes to finish the wave.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

How is demo getting fixed?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'll look into my crystal ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

turns out they're just gonna put in the kf1 demo passives and weapons completely unchanged