Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JyWEpjxhmE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

5 Unique Gadgets You Might Not Know About #18

Something tells me they're not all that unique.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

From Buzzfeed

1. Make your guests wobble two inches off the ground as they sit on collapsed pillows.

2. Constantly regather loose stones into a tray as they're scattered about your foyer.

3. Just dip your shirts in bleach, I dunno, gently caress it.

4. Glue bits of trash to your skirt which will inevitably come off and roll across the floor.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The article itself made me irrationally angry, then I calmed down. Then I read the comments complaining about the negative comments. Now the anger is back. So, um, thanks Peggy Wang. Thanks for blowing my time and your money on stuff that looks like crap.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I have no idea how that couch would work at all.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Tired Moritz posted:

I have no idea how that couch would work at all.

You ever drunkenly collapsed on a pile of small children? Sorta like that.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Tipped their hand on the skirt, that's something 11 year olds would do and not adults, this list was written for children.

To be fair though I think lifehacks become a lot more valuable if they're about teaching children ingenuity and recycling rather than actually helping adults get their lovely lives in order via bread tabs.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Rysithusiku posted:

You ever drunkenly collapsed on a pile of small children? Sorta like that.

I haven't, but that's some zen poo poo right there, tells it like I've felt it, and now I kind of wanna. Right in that pile of snotty diapers hell yes. Body slam that poo poo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have never undersood the centrality of the bread tab in the life hack. I always lose my bread tabs at about the time I can fold the bread bag under the bread to keep it closed. Who are these people who have hoarded piles of bread tabs to the extent that the bread tabs are overwhelming their lives and they need to find uses for these bread tabs?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

There's a keyword in your writing, which is key to understanding this phylum of life hack; the desperate clambering for motivations to underpin a prolonged and compulsive self-immolation in the detritus of western civilization.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Karate Bastard posted:

There's a keyword in your writing, which is key to understanding this phylum of life hack; the desperate clambering for motivations to underpin a prolonged and compulsive self-immolation in the detritus of western civilization.

Woah there Harvard, let me life hack that sentence for you:

"This."

Walla

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

CommonShore posted:

I have never undersood the centrality of the bread tab in the life hack. I always lose my bread tabs at about the time I can fold the bread bag under the bread to keep it closed. Who are these people who have hoarded piles of bread tabs to the extent that the bread tabs are overwhelming their lives and they need to find uses for these bread tabs?

the better question is why they're using the aforementioned bread clips to fix $3 flip flops

the world may never know

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Radio Help posted:

the better question is why they're using the aforementioned bread clips to fix $3 flip flops

the world may never know

Are bread clips an American thing? Here in the UK I don't think I've ever seen one, and I'd have no idea where you'd get one short of ordering them online I guess? I suppose being difficult to get hold of makes it the perfect hack to repair cheap, easier to find items.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Maw posted:

Are bread clips an American thing? Here in the UK I don't think I've ever seen one, and I'd have no idea where you'd get one short of ordering them online I guess? I suppose being difficult to get hold of makes it the perfect hack to repair cheap, easier to find items.

I saw a lot more of them in America than I have here in the UK. I have exactly one that came with a pack of bagels I bought that I've been re-using for every loaf of bread I buy. Some day I will lose it and then I will have to life-hack up a bread clip replacement.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Maw posted:

Bread clips were pretty big up until the 90s I guess? Now it's all twisty ties and sometimes - :barf: - tape.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Woah there Harvard, let me life hack that sentence for you:

"This."

Walla

gently caress it all, gently caress this world, gently caress everything that's from Stanford.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Bread clips were pretty big up until the 90s I guess? Now it's all twisty ties and sometimes - :barf: - tape.

Yeah, it's always tape here now, which is ideal for throwing in the bin and then folding the pack over instead.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Maw posted:

Yeah, it's always tape here now, which is ideal for throwing in the bin and then folding the pack over instead.

Life hack: I only buy fresh bread so it comes in a paper bag without any sort of external closing mechanism.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Maw posted:

They're everywhere in Australia. I always lose them or break them.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Crust First posted:

I saw a lot more of them in America than I have here in the UK. I have exactly one that came with a pack of bagels I bought that I've been re-using for every loaf of bread I buy. Some day I will lose it and then I will have to life-hack up a bread clip replacement.

You gotta hack the hack.

Hackception? :okpos:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Now I have to go to the grocery store and see if any bread doesn't use clips because I sweat that's all there is here. I have two different kinds on my shelf and they both have them.

Perhaps I should start selling them online to less fortunate regions of the world that are in dire need of life hacking capabilities.

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013

Radio Help posted:

the world may never know
Aren't there those "living frugally just the sake of living frugally"-type of people who see the effort to save the 3 dollar flipflop, because "3 GODDAMN DOLLARS?!" :byodood:

I mean I've seen some skewy and insane way to stretch a penny, but nothing really competes with these people.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Life hack: I only buy fresh bread so it comes in a paper bag without any sort of external closing mechanism.

I buy fresh bread quite often and it usually comes in a plastic bag with a clip, the same as the bread I get from the supermarket.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

I buy fresh bread quite often and it usually comes in a plastic bag with a clip, the same as the bread I get from the supermarket.

Woah, bread clips on fresh bread? I know you come from some pretend backwards land, but this is just too much. No way I believe this, you're making it up.

I'm just joking Tiggum I only give you poo poo because I love you

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Putting fresh bread in a plastic bag makes the crust soft so only barbarians and literal imbeciles buy them like that.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Karate Bastard posted:

gently caress it all, gently caress this world, gently caress everything that's from Stanford.

:vince:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Source: http://www.horg.com/horg/?page_id=921

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Corrugata has the world's weirdest shaped boobs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Corrugata has the world's weirdest shaped boobs.

A simple image search says otherwise :barf:

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Jerry Cotton posted:

A simple image search says otherwise :barf:

Whaddya doin' throwin' up all over the place? It's just seashells.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jerry Cotton posted:

Putting fresh bread in a plastic bag makes the crust soft so only barbarians and literal imbeciles buy them like that.

As someone who doesn't like crusty bread, you are wrong and I'm coming to burn down your palace. :black101:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
gently caress, I fell into their trap of googling what the gently caress Occluitsafuckingbreadtagpanida meant.
It's a stupid made-up term so these ultra-nerds stand out a bit more.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Croccers posted:

gently caress, I fell into their trap of googling what the gently caress Occluitsafuckingbreadtagpanida meant.
It's a stupid made-up term so these ultra-nerds stand out a bit more.

It's just a spergy joke, friend

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

http://hellogiggles.com/anti-lego-slippers/ So uh...I'm not sure where this goes maybe here?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

they're just lego-branded slippers that also capitalize on the fact that stepping on legos is a terrible, hellish experience

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

if a single one of you quotes that last post and tries to correct me on a CERTAIN WORD i will hunt you down

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Control Volume posted:

they're just Lego-branded slippers that also capitalize on the fact that stepping on Lego bricks is a terrible, hellish experience

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Your days are numbered.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Control Volume posted:

they're just lego-branded slippers that also Capitalize on the fact that stepping on legos is a terrible, hellish experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Control Volume posted:

they're just lego-branded slippers that also capitalize on the fact that stepping on LegoŽ bricks is a terrible, hellish experience

:iamafag: