Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

Trinity tower is also a cool climb and the ride back down is also pretty neat.

Yeah trinity. That's what I meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
So now that Danse is following me, will I never be able to complete the find missing patrol quest? I can't ask him about it when we talk, just normal companion stuff.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

grate deceiver posted:

So now that Danse is following me, will I never be able to complete the find missing patrol quest? I can't ask him about it when we talk, just normal companion stuff.

Reporting back to him is an optional step I think.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Where the gently caress did piper go

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

ZenVulgarity posted:

Where the gently caress did piper go

Check Valentine's office. She sometimes hangs out there if you send her back to Diamond City.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Reporting back to him is an optional step I think.

It's sitting there uncompleted in my pipboy, and the only step left is report to Danse.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

grate deceiver posted:

It's sitting there uncompleted in my pipboy, and the only step left is report to Danse.

It may have something to do with where you are in the Brotherhood of Steel faction quests. Eventually you will be able to report to a different NPC. Alternatively you can save (in case this won't work now) and try killing the guy who was at the Training Yard, since that can complete the quest too. Up to you I guess.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I can't wait to play again tonight. I'm gonna do the castle finally.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

grate deceiver posted:

It doesn't make any sense but talk to Kells or whatever, the airship captain, after you finish a quest or two there

There's absolutely no hint that you can or should do this but he cleared it for me

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Soulex posted:

I can't wait to play again tonight. I'm gonna do the castle finally.

Little birdie says take power armor

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Kea posted:

I barely ever use my power armor for anything, but I decided to take it to the Castle on a whim and boy was that lucky for me since I really needed it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Am I the only one who gets a Working Joe vibe from the synths?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there a way to ever have something stop being Stolen? I snagged a whole suit of power armor off a raider and it's still flagged as stolen even though A) they weren't even a real NPC and B) they're dead and I've transplanted my own parts into it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Alabaster White posted:

Is there a way to ever have something stop being Stolen? I snagged a whole suit of power armor off a raider and it's still flagged as stolen even though A) they weren't even a real NPC and B) they're dead and I've transplanted my own parts into it.

Is it the frame or the armor pieces? The frames are interchangeable so you could always just use another one.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kimmalah posted:

Is it the frame or the armor pieces? The frames are interchangeable so you could always just use another one.

Both. I'm building a gallery of all the spare suits I have so this out of place one is really annoying :mad:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I love how much of a boy scout Danse is. He has the biggest stick up his butt about anything not in line with his rulebook. "No no no no no! You CANT go around dropping valuables like that"

BoS is so strange to me. They're really goofy Christian Crusader types who are totally sterile living tryhards, but they practically worship technology.

Unrelatedly, the settler size uncapper and pylon radius expander mods cannot come out soon enough. I get the whole realism of pylons and wires and connectors, but god its tedious and a waste of copper.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yo my group in marketing class is doing a project centered around Fallout 4 and the post purchase experience. If you've bought it and wouldn't mind filling out the survey, I'd appreciate it.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3PQTVM9
I gotchu fam ;)

buglord fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 16, 2015

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Yo my group in marketing class is doing a project centered around Fallout 4 and the post purchase experience. If you've bought it and wouldn't mind filling out the survey, I'd appreciate it.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3PQTVM9

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I don't understand the Prydwen. It shows up as workshop on the map but I can't dismiss Danse back there or link the supply lines. Is there any option to dismiss followers back to their normal starting points once you've hired them once, i.e. Danse to Prydwen and Curie to Vault 81?

I wish Dogmeat was a free follower like Fallout 3 :(

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

Both. I'm building a gallery of all the spare suits I have so this out of place one is really annoying :mad:

Having just stolen some brotherhood armor, I figured out that the frame counts as an owned container. So whatever you put in it will be flagged as someone else'. But if you take it out and put it on another frame you own, it's yours. It's bizzare and i know it will be modded out. if you're on PC im certain there's a console command to change ownership, probably setownership

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
A more focused question about the factions now that I've looked up the basics of which has which endings:

If I side with the Minutemen, will I still get a chance to blow up the Brotherhood of Steel?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Nasgate posted:

Having just stolen some brotherhood armor, I figured out that the frame counts as an owned container. So whatever you put in it will be flagged as someone else'. But if you take it out and put it on another frame you own, it's yours. It's bizzare and i know it will be modded out. if you're on PC im certain there's a console command to change ownership, probably setownership

That makes sense on a programming level, but my real question is just "why doesn't owned equipment unflag when its owner dies". Oh well, console to the rescue.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
As a result of doing a project on this I've been playing a lot.

There seems to be more factions in this than New Vegas. Are there any choices early on that completely cut you off from cool poo poo later? IE if I don't join brotherhood of steel early am I hosed? Also I took the minutemen general job is that going to cause problems?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I am in love with this game's soundtrack.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I really want to joint the sexy George clooney faction but I know enough to play hard to get.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Roobanguy posted:

i am probably going to put like 300 hours into this game

I already have :whatup:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kea posted:

I forgot to bring it so instead I killed it with an endagerol needle, 2 nuclear airtstikes, and one super sledge crit to finish it off. Not as bad as the one I randomly found exploring the beach that could kill me in about two seconds with a single acid pool.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bob NewSCART posted:

I already have :whatup:

That's 12.5 days straight. The game was released 5 days ago.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Limitless Potential OWNS

Kimmalah posted:

Is this just that you don't like the stolen flag or something? Because as far as I know it won't be confiscated or anything like in other Bethesda games.

Anyway there were tricks for this in Skyrim, but I have no idea if any of them will work in Fallout. And of course on PC you could probably use console commands.

- You put stuff in a chest, order your companion to loot the chest and then trade with them.
- You could reverse pickpocket things on to NPCs, then kill them and loot the items.
- If you can find someone that will buy the stuff, sometimes you could sell it to them (or reverse pickpocket) and buy it back.

I think using it pisses off my companions every time for "stealing". But yeah, the frame can't be turned into an item for any work-arounds so I'm just going to throw it away and cheat in a non-stolen frame.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 16, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Alabaster White posted:

Is this just that you don't like the stolen flag or something? Because as far as I know it won't be confiscated or anything like in other Bethesda games.

Anyway there were tricks for this in Skyrim, but I have no idea if any of them will work in Fallout. And of course on PC you could probably use console commands.

- You put stuff in a chest, order your companion to loot the chest and then trade with them.
- You could reverse pickpocket things on to NPCs, then kill them and loot the items.
- If you can find someone that will buy the stuff, sometimes you could sell it to them (or reverse pickpocket) and buy it back.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

That's 12.5 days straight. The game was released 5 days ago.

Yeah even im only at 80 ish hours.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Theonora posted:

I wish I knew more about which factions lead to fighting which other factions and what endings that leads to. So far I've been avoiding like all of the faction missions besides the Minuteman ones (they gave me that 18th century general's uniform I've been wanting all game so they're My People now) and like the intro BoS mission in Cambridge but I should probably eventually do... more than that? I like to have some plan for what I'm doing in these games but because this one's so new all of that stuff is much less well documented than Skyrim or F:NV or whatever were when I played them (years after they came out).

Haha look at this guy who thinks the ending changes. The ending cutscene is a minute long there is only one. The only thing that changes is which faction you side with but that isn't even mentioned in the cutscene. Whatever resolution you get to the final faction quest is all you get.

Empress Theonora posted:

A more focused question about the factions now that I've looked up the basics of which has which endings:

If I side with the Minutemen, will I still get a chance to blow up the Brotherhood of Steel?

You do.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Avocados posted:

BoS is so strange to me. They're really goofy Christian Crusader types who are totally sterile living tryhards, but they practically worship technology.

If you just think of them as 40K Space Marines, it makes a lot more sense.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

2 nuclear airtstikes
:catstare:

... is that the Institute superweapon, or...?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Basically every faction are kind of assholes, probably bar minutemen.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Shumagorath posted:

:catstare:

... is that the Institute superweapon, or...?

Part of a sidequest; There's a submarine in part of the wharf you can enter. An old chinese ghoul is hanging out inside and he wants you to fix his sub so he can go home. If you do, he gives you 3 homing beacons which he uses to drop low-grade nukes on that position. He's a cool commie.

Kea posted:

Basically every faction are kind of assholes, probably bar minutemen.

And isn't that the way we like it in Fallout? :v:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

So I put this outfit that increases melee damage on Cait:

But oddly enough, the second I equipped it on her it disappeared from her inventory:

I don't want to equip something else because I'm afraid it will disappear..:iiam:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a cop posted:

So I put this outfit that increases melee damage on Cait:

But oddly enough, the second I equipped it on her it disappeared from her inventory:

I don't want to equip something else because I'm afraid it will disappear..:iiam:

You just can't see the armor a companion has equipped for some reason. Equip some different armor on to her and it will pop back in to her inventory.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So that ending happened I guess. It was probably the worst part of the game, even if the lead up to it was pretty good. Did they just run out of time in making these or did they feel it was good enough considering the endings they've had in other games?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

evilmiera posted:

So that ending happened I guess. It was probably the worst part of the game, even if the lead up to it was pretty good. Did they just run out of time in making these or did they feel it was good enough considering the endings they've had in other games?

they probably thought it was a masterpiece

it was really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

evilmiera posted:

Considering the endings in other games, why did you expect it to be good? I love Bethesda RPGs but it sure as hell isn't because of their writing.

• Locked thread