Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
It is nice that your mom can pass unimpeded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Party Plane Jones posted:

They said 2016 I believe; which is weird since the backlog has to be approaching something like 30 episodes at this point.

I think the backlog is actually closer to 50 at this point.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Hopefully the delay is so we can get AD! from January to June straight through without any month-long gaps like the several we got this past season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

drrockso20 posted:

I really wouldn't be surprised if they took an incomplete rejected script(the Stan gets Francine committed parts of the episode), and then added the Fung parts to pad it out into a full episode so they'd be able to complete the first season order for TBS, it's hard for me to imagine an episode ending up so badly otherwise, otherwise you are right about the TBS season being fun for the most part, even if the quality has dipped a bit

also anyone else find it kinda weird that we haven't gotten an announcement for when the next season is set to premiere yet?

It's kind of like Futurama's return. They were still funny, but didn't really capture the really peak stuff. Though finally seeing Gwen didn't disappoint.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Futurama's return series produced a handful of the very best episodes of the entire series, that's a truly terrible simile.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Futurama's return series produced a handful of the very best episodes of the entire series, that's a truly terrible simile.

It also produced the worst. That iPhone one with the singing boil.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's amazing how they turned a naturally funny guy like Craig Ferguson into the worst character on the worst episode, but yup.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Rudoku posted:

It also produced the worst. That iPhone one with the singing boil.

Yo Leela Leela is the worst episode imo, but the point remains unchanged.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its really weird watching band of brothers for the first time and constantly seeing steve's voice actor

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jose posted:

Its really weird watching band of brothers for the first time and constantly seeing steve's voice actor

He was on the last season of Justified as an ex-military gun thug.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

fount of knowledge posted:

Yo Leela Leela is the worst episode imo, but the point remains unchanged.

That Saturday morning cartoon one was the worst.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PostNouveau posted:

That was by far my favorite :psyduck: But then that kind of stuff appeals to geezers like me.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's amazing how they turned a naturally funny guy like Craig Ferguson into the worst character on the worst episode, but yup.

And then he did one of the best voice acting gigs on American Dad as Evil Barry in "With Friends Like Steve's."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvFf5oPL1g0

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

That one had its moments; the nature documentary and the different animation style ones were far worse.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

That one had its moments; the nature documentary and the different animation style ones were far worse.

It was supposed to be the series finale and run like the other anthologies at the end of the season, but they started seeing product and realized it was terrible and were like, "Nah, we can't go out like this."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oh my god that was Craig Ferguson as that boil? What a waste of a talented voice actor.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
The last of Futurama was like fan fiction. Mostly bad, sometimes surprisingly good, but never quite right. I'm worried American Dad is trending in the same direction.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So there's.. a pinball game? :confused:

http://www.ballsofglory.com/american_dad/

Also,

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

FML indeed!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like the tbs logo above the flag, nice detail. I'm guessing they're going to NYCC in an episode then.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like the tbs logo above the flag, nice detail. I'm guessing they're going to NYCC in an episode then.

Yes. January 20th 2016.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

muscles like this? posted:

He was on the last season of Justified as an ex-military gun thug.

And the ginger pothead doctor on later seasons of ER.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

dovetaile posted:

Yes. January 20th 2016.

Ha I can't believe I missed that. I like that bit even more now.

E: wait, I could totally have blamed being used to ddmmyy dating system, damnit!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, the pic I posted was from the TBS Twitter. They put up new AD pics all the time, usually relevant to what's going on in the world. That was at the time of NYCC back in early October. I love that everyone's costume is fun but obviously homemade while Steve's is perfect.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Are we not getting new episodes until January?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Are we not getting new episodes until January?

Nope, while Family Guy has a bunch of new eps on this season that I've not bothered to watch. :sigh:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It looks like Fox will only end up airing a total of 6 episodes of Bob's Burgers in this current season before 2016. That's pretty sad scheduling even with sports preemption to account for.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The_Doctor posted:

Nope, while Family Guy has a bunch of new eps on this season that I've not bothered to watch. :sigh:

This season has been pretty decent.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Counterpoint: it's the same as usual, down to the plots all inducing a sense of deja vu. It's still more watchable than Simpsons though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr. Fowl posted:

And the ginger pothead doctor on later seasons of ER.

Also Malarkey in Band of Brothers.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I thought American Fung was actually ok, better than MMJ. The cold open was ok, Puddin on the hits, Stan's chase scene through the nursing home and the closing American Chinese Dad.

MMJ didn't sit well with me because even though there were a few solid jokes, the whole episode felt railroaded as some writer's vanity project who couldn't shut up about "HEY GUYS! HAVE YOU HEARD THIS BAND I LIKE!"

As for ditching Jeff to get through the backlog, I fully approve because it gave us the Longest Distance Relationship and Lost In Space, probably my favorite episode of American Dad ever.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
It sucks that we won't get a Christmas show this year.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mister Kingdom posted:

It sucks that we won't get a Christmas show this year.

Didn't they make one that will "NEVER BE RELEASED" because it offended somone or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

Didn't they make one that will "NEVER BE RELEASED" because it offended somone or something.

I think that was the Krampus one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Those unaired eps:

AAJN01 "Roots"
AAJN02 "The Life Aquatic with Steve Smith"
AAJN03 "Hayley Smith, SEAL Team Six"
AAJN04 "N.S.A. (No Snoops Allowed)"
AAJN05 "Stan Smith is Keanu Reeves as Stanny Utah in Point Breakers"
AAJN06 "The Unincludeds"
AAJN07 "Kiss Kiss, Cam Cam"
AAJN08 "The Devil Wears a Lapel Pin"
AAJN10 "The Two Hundred"
AAJN?? "Anchorfran"
AAJN?? "Rear Widow"
AAJN?? "The Dentist's Wife"
AAJN?? "Daesong Heavy Industries"
AAJN?? "The Nova Centauris-Burgh Board of Tourism Presents: American Dad"
AAJN?? "Daesong Heavy Industries II: Return to Innocence"
AAJN?? "Stan-Dan Deliver"
AAJN?? "Criss-Cross Applesauce: The Ballad of Billy Jesusworth"
AAJN?? "Garfield and Friends"
AAJN?? "Mine Struggle"
AAJN?? "Gift Me Liberty"

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

The_Doctor posted:

Those unaired eps:

AAJN01 "Roots"
AAJN02 "The Life Aquatic with Steve Smith"
AAJN03 "Hayley Smith, SEAL Team Six"
AAJN04 "N.S.A. (No Snoops Allowed)"
AAJN05 "Stan Smith is Keanu Reeves as Stanny Utah in Point Breakers"
AAJN06 "The Unincludeds"
AAJN07 "Kiss Kiss, Cam Cam"
AAJN08 "The Devil Wears a Lapel Pin"
AAJN10 "The Two Hundred"
AAJN?? "Anchorfran"
AAJN?? "Rear Widow"
AAJN?? "The Dentist's Wife"
AAJN?? "Daesong Heavy Industries"
AAJN?? "The Nova Centauris-Burgh Board of Tourism Presents: American Dad"
AAJN?? "Daesong Heavy Industries II: Return to Innocence"
AAJN?? "Stan-Dan Deliver"
AAJN?? "Criss-Cross Applesauce: The Ballad of Billy Jesusworth"
AAJN?? "Garfield and Friends"
AAJN?? "Mine Struggle"
AAJN?? "Gift Me Liberty"

gently caress relaly want to see the Hayley SEAL episode.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Will those unaired episodes ever be aired/released?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I really liked American Fung, it really showed when a form of entertainment changes hands it goes through changes no matter what.

Like Fung becoming a character and then the main character of the show. And Fung just bought the show to sell it down the line later anyway.

The chinese american dad ending was good.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Let's be honest - the best part of last season was the hotel infomercials and DRAMA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVZul_oCWTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Emetic Hustler posted:

Will those unaired episodes ever be aired/released?

I think those are the titles for the upcoming season.

Some pretty great titles in there too. Interesting to see them do another two-part episode this season.