Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Kalli posted:

Who looks more like a coach then he does?

He looks like he should be the owner of a wing joint/strip club in Fort Lauderdale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

haljordan posted:

He looks like he should be the owner of a wing joint/strip club in Fort Lauderdale.

How do you know he isn't?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Those wings would probably be really good.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I got Dallas in as the 4th seed, with them at 8-8 and the rest of their conference at 7-9. Green Bay sweeping Minnesota and having that be the tiebreaker for the NFC North. Atlanta back into a 6 seed despite going 4-3 down the stretch, with Seattle and St. Louis sitting just on the other side, all sad and angry and poo poo. As for the AFC, Indianapolis and Jacksonville go 8-8, but Indy wins the tiebreaker, and mirroring the NFC, Pittsburgh and Oakland take the wild cards, keeping both the Jets and Bills out despite them going 9-6. I have Denver winning their four remaining home games, because they're the most likely team to beat Cincy and the Patriots, and they're definitely gonna take one of them for sure on the strength of their D. Probably the Bengals.

edit: Here's the funniest one. Half the league goes 8-8 (including the entire NFC East!), and yet a 6-10 Indianapolis team still makes the playoffs.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 16, 2015

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Trast posted:

Katie Nolan is going to be beside herself.

She already is, check her Twitter.

On the upside, it'd be way easier to get him on an episode of Garbage Time if he was unemployed!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm still sad about football. It's only fun on Saturdays this year :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bad Moon posted:

same

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yoshifan823 posted:

I got Dallas in as the 4th seed, with them at 8-8 and the rest of their conference at 7-9. Green Bay sweeping Minnesota and having that be the tiebreaker for the NFC North. Atlanta back into a 6 seed despite going 4-3 down the stretch, with Seattle and St. Louis sitting just on the other side, all sad and angry and poo poo. As for the AFC, Indianapolis and Jacksonville go 8-8, but Indy wins the tiebreaker, and mirroring the NFC, Pittsburgh and Oakland take the wild cards, keeping both the Jets and Bills out despite them going 9-6. I have Denver winning their four remaining home games, because they're the most likely team to beat Cincy and the Patriots, and they're definitely gonna take one of them for sure on the strength of their D. Probably the Bengals.

edit: Here's the funniest one. Half the league goes 8-8 (including the entire NFC East!), and yet a 6-10 Indianapolis team still makes the playoffs.

You gotta link from the link on the page, not the address bar/

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

No Butt Stuff posted:

You gotta link from the link on the page, not the address bar/

Ah, you're right. Well that's ok, because that gave me an opportunity to revamp TIEMAGEDDON even more. Now it has 20(!) teams at 8-8, as well as a four way tie in the AFC South at 5-11.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 16, 2015

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I think it would be cool and good if Manning never played another snap and he had to live with the shameful irony of his last, record-setting game being an utterly Favreian effort that got him benched. I don't even particularly dislike the guy but it would be an hilarious historical footnote.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Noctone posted:

I think it would be cool and good if Manning never played another snap and he had to live with the shameful irony of his last, record-setting game being an utterly Favreian effort that got him benched. I don't even particularly dislike the guy but it would be an hilarious historical footnote.

Oddly fitting given the record he broke that game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Has this been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/TheCauldron/status/666011549883047937

Because loving :laffo:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

WugLyfe posted:

Oddly fitting given the record he broke that game.

Yeah that's why I said "shameful irony"

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I saw it elsewhere, and it's loving hilarious.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bad Moon posted:

And even the only half of the saturdays

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Did anyone .gif the Card's backup QB white boy dancing?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
The Packers-Lions game was a game the Packers were supposed to win by a big margin and make me feel good about the team's chances of a deep playoff run for the rest of the week. Oh well, I've mostly been spoiled over the last 20 years of watching this team. Hopefully McCarthy can make some adjustments to fix what's ailing on the offense in the coming weeks and they can secure a playoff spot.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh man. That holder could seriously be cut because ONE JOB and all that...

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

The blocked punt is coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Oh man. That holder could seriously be cut because ONE JOB and all that...

He's also their punter :laugh:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Noctone posted:

This will never happen. He needs to get 1 more win for the wins record, and I assume no matter what they will wheel him back out onto the field until this happens.

I don't know if the record itself can be gamed but I assume so.. Like can he "start" then have a mystery injury and get credit for a win? Or can he come in with a minute left in the 4th qtr and a lead and kneel down a few times? I could see either scenario happening to get him the record, because he looked pretty done as far as being a meaningful contributor yesterday.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

PrinceRandom posted:

Did anyone .gif the Card's backup QB white boy dancing?
From the gif thread:

Spermy Smurf posted:

http://gfycat.com/BareWelldocumentedGalapagoshawk
Here is a much higher quality Stanton excited gif.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

From the gif thread:

that is indeed high quality, thanks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Game of inches, etc.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Game of inches, etc.
The announcers and me and everyone I saw the game with yesterday were trying to figure out what the hell happened on that kick. The replays showed it wasn't blocked so everyone just assumed it was somehow the holder, but to get your own hand in the way of the kick is probably something you don't even consider happening :laffo:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Crazy Ted posted:

The announcers and me and everyone I saw the game with yesterday were trying to figure out what the hell happened on that kick. The replays showed it wasn't blocked so everyone just assumed it was somehow the holder, but to get your own hand in the way of the kick is probably something you don't even consider happening :laffo:

It's not even mentioned in coaching because one would assume "DON'T BLOCK YOUR OWN KICK" is a given.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Do it ironically posted:

The defense kept at minimum 3 points off the board and most likely 7 when Earl got the interception in the end zone

The defense forced fumbled for a TD for 7 points

The defense force fumbled and recovered the ball on the 3 yard line I give them that 7 as well, to me that's 18-21 positive point swing by our defense

A bad call went our way with another forced fumble.

They were also on the field for 40 minutes of the game, they were gassed. Sure, the defense is nowhere near the level of years past but that loss is on the offense.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one, I think these losses are almost entirely on the offense. How did we close out all those games over the last two years? It wasn't just because the defense got stops, it was because the offense would go on those back-breaking multiple conversion drives that would suck like 5:00 off the clock. By the time the 4th quarter rolled around Marshawn had broken the other team's run defense enough that he would be getting chunk yardage every handoff. Hasn't happened this year, because the offensive line's run blocking is now as bad as its pass blocking.

The defense can only do so much. Although I acknowledge that it's slightly worse than the last two years, in large part because Cary Williams can't cover anybody. Jeremy Lane can't come back soon enough.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Dear TFF I promise when the Bengals get their ring I won't be back to bitching two years later like these shameful Hawks fans.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

WHOOPS posted:

He's also their punter :laugh:

The ginger revolution is finally starting

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Dear TFF I promise when the Bengals get their ring I won't be back to bitching two years later like these shameful Hawks fans.

Well yeah but thats because by then Something Awful will have been shut down for decades

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Substandard posted:

This will never happen. He needs to get 1 more win for the wins record, and I assume no matter what they will wheel him back out onto the field until this happens.

I don't know if the record itself can be gamed but I assume so.. Like can he "start" then have a mystery injury and get credit for a win? Or can he come in with a minute left in the 4th qtr and a lead and kneel down a few times? I could see either scenario happening to get him the record, because he looked pretty done as far as being a meaningful contributor yesterday.

Doesn't Belichick like to do this, like I remember he brought in some guy to drop kick a field goal or something that is strange, and then another time brought out Testaverde for like no reason other than to break some record.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's not even mentioned in coaching because one would assume "DON'T BLOCK YOUR OWN KICK" is a given.

the patriots also struggled on what not to do when returning a punt this week too

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

The amount of whining by Seahawks and Packers fans is off the charts

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

evilweasel posted:

the patriots also struggled on what not to do when returning a punt this week too

Harmon had Blount in fantasy.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Meanwhile, Browns fans are resigned to their eternal fate.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Eifert Posting posted:

Why can't we complain that our sub-.500 team is playing awfully? I don't think it's unreasonable to predict, after everything that's happened with the Seahawks in 2015, that the team is basically snakebitten. I mean there's a chance we can still make the playoffs this year, let alone fix everything before next season, but at the very least none of us have dropped a decade-of-spectacular-failure or perfect-spherical-tits level post.

e: Hell, y'all can ask Febreeze, I said before the season started that I expected us to flop hard this season

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 17, 2015

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

On one hand, everyone wants their team to win every year and seeing your team with high expectations flop on it's face would cause anyone to complain. Can't blame them for being unhappy about it.

On the other hand, tears are delicious, especially coming from fans of a team still likely to make the playoffs and another still with a pretty decent chance to claim another spot.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Winners have to repent with at least 10 years of miserable failure before the rest of the league pities them and eventually says, "Man, wouldn't it be cool if the Raiders were good again?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think if the Bengals actually won a Super Bowl it would take maybe a decade or two for me to get seriously upset at them again.

Like I legit did not think I would see them win a title probably in my lifetime until fairly recently

• Locked thread