Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Huntsman is a sequel?

Prequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
To what?

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
Heck of a job on Charlize's crown.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This movie:

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Adaptations nobody asked for (ignoring the more obvious)

(Alright,that and Archie were only a TV film, but still count)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Poor Jughead couldn't even make the poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Goddamn Christmas Shoooeeessss.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djRAiiFlCy8

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The MSJ posted:

This movie:

:( I had such high hopes for a Ye Olde Movie where the woman isn't wearing stupid armor. It was pretty but so boring. Mmmmmmaybe the prequel will be better? Right?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dillbag posted:

gently caress everything about these prequels even if only because they've derailed Blomkamp's sequel for the foreseeable future.

Moreso because we already had an awesome Alien prequel (in video game form) that will probably be way better than this movie anyway.

EDIT - Nevermind, Alien Isolation must have scared me so much I forgot it was a sequel. Still though :v:

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 17, 2015

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dillbag posted:

gently caress everything about these prequels even if only because they've derailed Blomkamp's sequel for the foreseeable future.

How long is Blomkamp going to coast on the goodwill of the merely tolerable District 9 before people realize he shouldn't be making movies?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

The MSJ posted:

This movie:

At first I thought "Why did they market this as a dark movie? I remember seeing this garbage and it was kind of goofy and weird."

Then I remembered there were two Snow White movies that year, and I saw the one with all the weird fetish stuff in it (and a Snow White somehow less interesting than Kristen Stewart could ever hope to not be).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

This movie:

Wait, that's supposed to be Kristen Stewart? I thought that was Shailene Woodley.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The coolest thing this movie did was cast the voice actors in some of their live action roles. Especially Crocker. That was dope.

Everything else was poo poo.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Nckdictator posted:

Adaptations nobody asked for (ignoring the more obvious)

When I was a kid, I loved the Felix the Cat movie despite having no idea who or what Felix the Cat was. The movie was strange and dark for no real reason.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, I have fond memories of it too. Kind of don't want to ever watch it again to see if they're justified, though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

dirksteadfast posted:

Then I remembered there were two Snow White movies that year, and I saw the one with all the weird fetish stuff in it (and a Snow White somehow less interesting than Kristen Stewart could ever hope to not be).

I don't know where you get "weird fetish stuff" from this unless this movie takes a really strange turn eventually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgbH05rQx1s

The trailer looks like your typical "fun for the whole family" type of movie, despite the absolute waste of Tarsem Singh on very cheap looking sets. But at least props for them hiring actual little people instead of CGing actors.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The MSJ posted:

Character posters for a Snow White prequel not from Disney.

So basically Huntsman sequel that replaces Kristen Stewart with Jessica Chastain and adds Emily Blunt?

There's no way it isn't ten times better than the original garbage.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

How long is Blomkamp going to coast on the goodwill of the merely tolerable District 9 before people realize he shouldn't be making movies?

You can't just say your opinions as facts and expect to have a productive discussion.

morestuff posted:

Poor Jughead couldn't even make the poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw

I remember seeing a VHS of this way back in the day at the video store and immediately knowing it was a bad idea for a movie when I saw they'd cast some balding guy as Jughead.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

The coolest thing this movie did was cast the voice actors in some of their live action roles. Especially Crocker. That was dope.

Everything else was poo poo.

Honestly, I'm impressed by just how absurd the entire concept of the movie is.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait, that's supposed to be Kristen Stewart? I thought that was Shailene Woodley.

If only. Shailene Woodley's leagues ahead of Kristen Stewart in terms of being able to do more than 'bored' as an expression.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 17, 2015

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hey, remember Memento? That Christopher Nolan movie waaaay back from 2000? It's going to get a remake. About time eh?

quote:

In a statement, Bacardi said, “Memento is a masterpiece that leaves audiences guessing not just throughout the film, but long after as well, which is a testament to its daring approach. We intend to stay true to Christopher Nolan’s vision and deliver a memorable movie that is every bit as edgy, iconic and award-worthy as the original. It’s a big responsibility to deliver something that lives up to the mastery of the original, but we are extremely excited and motivated to bring this puzzle back to life and back into the minds of moviegoers.”
:suicide:

Relevant posters:

Original:

Probably fan-made but it could be a home release cover:

Dumb minimalist poo poo that isn't puzzle pieces in a polaroid:

This isn't half bad though:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

Hey, remember Memento? That Christopher Nolan movie waaaay back from 2000? It's going to get a remake. About time eh?
:suicide:

I loving hated Memento.

But it's like, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Either they're going to remake poo poo that I hate or poo poo that I'd never want them to remake in a million years.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The only thing I want to see remade are movies that have really good ideas and visuals but don't come together to form a good final product.

But you might as well just make your own original thing at that point. In fact, maybe don't ever remake anything.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The only thing in Memento that hasn't aged is polaroid pictures being a part of the plot. If they're so keen on being faithful to what made the original what it was, there's so little point, even in the realm of already pointless remakes. Kind of blatantly smacks of "hey we have the rights to all this poo poo now, let's cash in while people still remember them!" type of deal.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

oldpainless posted:

That was actually a condition from the directors wife

So I imagine there's a good story here?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Much like Zach Snyder there's a real niche for guys who can stretch a special effects budget to its limit and frame a shot to boot.

Unfortunately these guys keep thinking that means they can shortcut the writing process.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rough Lobster posted:

So I imagine there's a good story here?

Yes. A goon told a joke, and another goon let it sail directly over their head.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mind the walrus posted:

Much like Zach Snyder there's a real niche for guys who can stretch a special effects budget to its limit and frame a shot to boot.

Unfortunately these guys keep thinking that means they can shortcut the writing process.

Blomkamp is due for another hit. He just keeps loving it up :(

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Lurdiak posted:

The only thing I want to see remade are movies that have really good ideas and visuals but don't come together to form a good final product.

But you might as well just make your own original thing at that point. In fact, maybe don't ever remake anything.

What do you think of The Thing From Another World and The Thing?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

What do you think of The Thing From Another World and The Thing?

They coulda called it something else and no one would've known it's meant to be a remake. Kinda proving my point.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

teagone posted:

Blomkamp is due for another hit. He just keeps loving it up :(

See what I said about thinking he can shortcut the writing process. Even District 9 largely worked in spite of its very awkward writing, not because of it. If he'd hire a screenwriter worth a gently caress he'd probably get his next hit, but I get the sense he's a bit too proud for that. Not that he shouldn't be, dude works loving wonders with his budgets and productions, but everyone's got limits and he is so not a writer.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mind the walrus posted:

See what I said about thinking he can shortcut the writing process. Even District 9 largely worked in spite of its very awkward writing, not because of it. If he'd hire a screenwriter worth a gently caress he'd probably get his next hit, but I get the sense he's a bit too proud for that. Not that he shouldn't be, dude works loving wonders with his budgets and productions, but everyone's got limits and he is so not a writer.

Blomkamp should be a producer and Shyamalan should have been a cinematographer / 2nd unit director.

This would have saved people a lot of headaches.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Stare-Out posted:

The only thing in Memento that hasn't aged is polaroid pictures being a part of the plot. If they're so keen on being faithful to what made the original what it was, there's so little point, even in the realm of already pointless remakes. Kind of blatantly smacks of "hey we have the rights to all this poo poo now, let's cash in while people still remember them!" type of deal.

Polaroids are still a thing mister!

They even make smaller ones now! :)

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Edit: *Deleted for NDA*

Let's talk about it in a few days.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
just realized one big name egyptian goddess is missing: ISIS.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Stare-Out posted:

The only thing in Memento that hasn't aged is polaroid pictures being a part of the plot.

Looking forward to him learning about himself through his Facebook status updates.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I liked Chappie. :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Waffleman_ posted:

I liked Chappie. :shobon:
Chappie is an unironically great movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747