Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Honestly...get hit more. Her other familiars that can spawn are really good, especially succubus. I still like her.

Keep in mind she doesn't start with that item until you've beaten The Chest with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Mylan posted:

Marked seems like it would be a really great power up if this game had mouse support

If you edit the ini file it does.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250900/discussions/0/620700960332707090/

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Keep in mind she doesn't start with that item until you've beaten The Chest with her.

I think she always starts with it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Whale posted:

I think she always starts with it.

Yeah, doing her completion stuff just unlocks her starting items for other people to find.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Why the gently caress isn't this an ingame option.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, doing her completion stuff just unlocks her starting items for other people to find.

Have you tested this? I received zero babies from CC over greed mode and a full chest clear despite judicious use of blood donation machines, curse doors. After clearing chest, I received a LOT more babies.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Slime posted:

Bad developers?

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
edmund why??

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Why is Bob's Brain bigger than you?

Slime posted:

Especially since the original Binding of Isaac always had mouse support.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Well then, I stand corrected. I think.

Are the mechanics of CC clear? I've heard both "tiny % chance" of spawning a new familiar, and "one familiar every 15 hits" from different sources. I ask because I am terrible at this game and definitely get hit more than 15 times per run, but never noticed an extra familiar pop in any of my Lillith runs. I actually just beat the Chest and haven't played her since, so I should give it a shot and see if anything's different

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer

prahanormal posted:

edmund why??

From what I've seen, you can actually walk across the spikes without taking damage in this situation. It just doesn't set the graphics correctly.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Have you tested this? I received zero babies from CC over greed mode and a full chest clear despite judicious use of blood donation machines, curse doors. After clearing chest, I received a LOT more babies.

Haven't tested, but the unlock is listed as an unlock rather then "Llith now starts with "

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Or is it Sputnik posted:

The item appears in her inventory when you start a game. It looks like a cross between a lung and a fetus. If you have the extra HUD elements on, it's bright red. Anyways, you can hardly say that she doesn't start with Incubus or Box of Friends, but those are also unlocks.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is the greed donation machine supposed to stay at 20% fail rate? I haven't been able to donate more than 2 coins in any of the last 6 runs, this is ridiculous.

e: vvv Now that's ridiculous. Time to bring out ye olde cheatengine.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 17, 2015

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Your Computer posted:

Is the greed donation machine supposed to stay at 20% fail rate? I haven't been able to donate more than 2 coins in any of the last 6 runs, this is ridiculous.

You need to use a different character each time to drop the failure rate down again. Repeatedly using the same character increases the failure %.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Your Computer posted:

It goes down if you donate with other characters. The best way is fill the machine is supposed to be switching between characters to play Greed Mode.

In reality, as LethalFrag proved on his stream last night, the real best way is to get the blue hourglass, the nine volt so that it has a one-room charge, and use it to cheese the Greed Machine over the course of an hour or two.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

AbDomen posted:

From what I've seen, you can actually walk across the spikes without taking damage in this situation. It just doesn't set the graphics correctly.

I think you can save & reload and it'll sort that out, similar to the Greed statue.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Your Computer posted:

e: vvv Now that's ridiculous. Time to bring out ye olde cheatengine.

SaffronKit posted:

You need to use a different character each time to drop the failure rate down again. Repeatedly using the same character increases the failure %.

Alkydere posted:

It goes down if you donate with other characters. The best way is fill the machine is supposed to be switching between characters to play Greed Mode.

This is incorrect.

Your failure rate starts at 0, goes up by 1% every 5 coins to a maximum of 20%. This is tracked per character.

Changing characters does not bring the failure rate down inherently (it can increase it, if you switch to a character who has donated more coins!)

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fair enough. I haven't played that much Greed Mode so I wasn't totally sure.

Cheesing it with the blue hourglass, or just using Cheat Engine, sounds like the "sane" way to do it either way.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
How feasible is it to get the blue hourglass in greed mode now, aside from Eden spawning with one?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Oxyclean posted:

Haven't tested, but the unlock is listed as an unlock rather then "Llith now starts with "

Despite what the character select screen says, Lilith does not start with Cambion Conception until you unlock it (I was pretty sure, and I've just tested it)

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It takes an average of 89 runs to fill the greed machine, and that assumes you never die or run out of coins. Factoring that in it could easily take you >100 hours of tedious greed machine grinding. I've heard the blue hourglass trick got patched out, too

Your options are use cheat engine/mods or pray that the machine jamming gets removed

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Tetracube posted:

It takes an average of 89 runs to fill the greed machine, and that assumes you never die or run out of coins.

Depends how many characters you use. If you only use 10 instead of 12 it takes 105.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Geight posted:

How feasible is it to get the blue hourglass in greed mode now, aside from Eden spawning with one?

Honestly it just takes an infinite money setup (i.e. swallowed penny) and patience and you'll eventually get one in the shop. Took Lethal Frag about an hour of cheese once he got the Penny.

Tetracube posted:

I've heard the blue hourglass trick got patched out, too

Not unless they patched it since literally last night (When Frag did his show). They did apparently patch out the shovel resetting the Ultra Greed floor, but the blue hourglass still works like a charm.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Geight posted:

i found one in an early shop... they're still there, and the exploit still works as of last night

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Oh, I had heard that the blue hourglass was patched out from Greed mode, my bad.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Nah, it's cool. A lot of items were patched out, yes, but somehow Edmund overlooked the item that actively unjams donation machines. So the confusion is understandable.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Computer Savvy is super easy and really fun.

The runes for High Brow, Darkness Falls, The Tank, Solar System, and Cat Got Your Tongue? are all really good. The first two are significantly easier.

Demo Man and Cursed! both give really useful cards.

Waka Waka and The Host unlock good items. The Family Man is pretty rough but unlocks probably the best of all the challenge items.

Quoting for myself. Though how the gently caress am i supposed to play Cat? No tears is really hard.

I keep failing high brow at mom. I need to git gud.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Despite what the character select screen says, Lilith does not start with Cambion Conception until you unlock it (I was pretty sure, and I've just tested it)

This is correct. I only just unlocked it and my next Lilith run had it finally show up in the item hud.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

greed mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeWw83vZcac

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Maybe this is a dumb question and I'm a big dummy dumdum but I just purchased afterbirth on steam and it says it's installed, but when I start BOI it just says rebirth and I dont see any of the new stuff. Do I have to unlock it ingame or has steam not enabled it?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Does the 3DS version ever get updates, or is it abandoned? Guessing it doesn't have the DLC or multiplayer mode.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
There should be an achievement for getting 3 steam sales in one game.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Is the secret room on Greed mode still a trap? I've gotten two this run.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Jusupov posted:

There should be an achievement for getting 3 steam sales in one game.

It'd be pretty cool, but what would you call it? Half Price 3?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Dammerung posted:

It'd be pretty cool, but what would you call it? Half Price 3?

You know it

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Is the secret room on Greed mode still a trap? I've gotten two this run.

Haven't seen one that I couldn't leave after the most recent patches.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nevvy Z posted:

Quoting for myself. Though how the gently caress am i supposed to play Cat? No tears is really hard.

You find a strong familiar to shoot for you. Alternatively get Book of Shadows and BFF and spin to win.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Macksy posted:

Maybe this is a dumb question and I'm a big dummy dumdum but I just purchased afterbirth on steam and it says it's installed, but when I start BOI it just says rebirth and I dont see any of the new stuff. Do I have to unlock it ingame or has steam not enabled it?

The main title page of the game should have the Afterbirth graphic if it worked correctly.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

RatHat posted:

You find a strong familiar to shoot for you. Alternatively get Book of Shadows and BFF and spin to win.

If you can get it, Infested Baby does work in every blindfolded challenge. Outside of the family man I don't think I've ever lost a challenge where I've gotten it through a devil deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Macksy posted:

Verify integrity