Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
holy poo poo that guys voice is amazing; its like valium and bob ross had a baby. when he was talking about the threat of isis i couldnt stop smiling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
The gop ai knows where you live. Do you require...protection? *loads gun shaped bong*

bacalou

i have filed a patent for a six chamber revolver weed pipe. five out of six chambers contain sound clips of gop candidates. the hammer is a lighter and the trigger strikes the flint. either way you win bc the gop gets to feel the bern

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

bacalou posted:

i have filed a patent for a six chamber revolver weed pipe. five out of six chambers contain sound clips of gop candidates. the hammer is a lighter and the trigger strikes the flint. either way you win bc the gop gets to feel the bern

Can I print that out with my buddy's 3d printer? We'll probably smoke a lot of weed while we wait for it to print out.

bacalou

no im sorry all of my pipes are 100% organic lead

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

bacalou posted:

I imagine that's a lawsuit waiting to happen

joke_explainer

bacalou posted:

its interesting that you said organic lead. there's actually such a classification, with inorganic leads being less bio-active. Like tetraethyl lead and tetramethyl lead. but you can't make a pipe out of any of them, because they're gases.

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

joke_explainer posted:

its interesting that you said organic lead. there's actually such a classification, with inorganic leads being less bio-active. Like tetraethyl lead and tetramethyl lead. but you can't make a pipe out of any of them, because they're gases.

But what if you could

Afro Doug

i had no idea ben carson was a robot.i may have to change my vote to him next year

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
someone needs to update his eye hydration software because he blinks way too often

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
posting smiling

Afro Doug posted:

i had no idea ben carson was a robot.i may have to change my vote to him next year

robot ben carson: as a young robot i almost STABbed a man, which wikipedia says could stand for "store to accumulator b", which is evidently a computer thing

GEExCEE

Afro Doug posted:

Lol

hamburger

extraordinaire

mister magpie posted:

someone needs to update his eye hydration software because he blinks way too often

it's clear that he is struggling to stay awake after pounding like a bottle(s) of prescription painkillers. getting ALL hosed up on mannatech glyconutrients. it's an open secret in the neurosurgeon community

Robot Made of Meat

dogcrash truther posted:

Its like valium and bob ross had a baby.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Ace of Baes

Afro Doug posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

you have a landline o.O

pig slut lisa

irl is good

20th century DCT mind: ah, the telephone. that modren miracle. that exemplar of our futuristic age. i own it, and it's good for talking. i communicate the world over from anywhere within 6 feet of this spot in the kitchen.

21 century DCT mind: ahuuuurrrrr ya, da man cawed me on the winging wall bump

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

hamburger posted:

it's clear that he is struggling to stay awake after pounding like a bottle(s) of prescription painkillers. getting ALL hosed up on mannatech glyconutrients. it's an open secret in the neurosurgeon community

psychiatrists are in the profession because they have sadbrains

pharmacists have hidden addictions

neurosurgeons engage in auto-trepanning

alnilam

pig slut lisa posted:

20th century DCT mind: ah, the telephone. that modren miracle. that exemplar of our futuristic age. i own it, and it's good for talking. i communicate the world over from anywhere within 6 feet of this spot in the kitchen.

Piso Mojado

pig slut lisa posted:

loll

Robot Made of Meat

pig slut lisa posted:

I have a land line because A) it's the only way to get high-speed internet for a reasonable price where I am, and B) cell phones suck. Land line phones never drop out or hang up unexpectedly, land line phones have perfectly clear audio, and land line phones are designed to fit a human head. If they could design a cell phone that worked correctly for its primary intended purpose, I wouldn't mind them so much.

Just because a technology is newer doesn't make it better.

Sheesh! Kids these days.

FluffieDuckie

i have a landline because i need one for the alarm system

so when someone breaks into my house and tries to murder me the alarm system calls the alarm company on the landline who calls me back on my landline to ask if everything's ok and then calls the police who refuse to come out because funding was cut and they had to respond to too many false alarms

it helps me sleep better at night

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robot Made of Meat posted:

If they could design a cell phone that worked correctly for its primary intended purpose, I wouldn't mind them so much.

Just because a technology is newer doesn't make it better.

Sheesh! Kids these days.

sorry dad, but the "primary intended purpose" of a cell phone is not calling.

----------------

google THIS

me, in the car: dang, my call dropped when I went through that tunnel. this never would have happened if I was using a landline!

alnilam

google THIS posted:

me, in the car: dang, my call dropped when I went through that tunnel. this never would have happened if I was using a landline!

i get the joke, but you're into a cool idea: what if you used, say, microwave band radio waves to relay the signal between your phone line and your handset? of course to cover a lot of area you'd need to put up multiple antennae and then have some sort of system for determining which area or "cell" the handset was in to decide which antenna to use... and it'd be expensive so probably best to pool with a bunch of other people and set up multiplexing to handle simultaneous calls

i think we're onto something

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

alnilam posted:

i get the joke, but you're into a cool idea: what if you used, say, microwave band radio waves to relay the signal between your phone line and your handset? of course to cover a lot of area you'd need to put up multiple antennae and then have some sort of system for determining which area or "cell" the handset was in to decide which antenna to use... and it'd be expensive so probably best to pool with a bunch of other people and set up multiplexing to handle simultaneous calls

i think we're onto something

idk, doesnt seem feasible

thanks Manifisto!

Robot Made of Meat

google THIS posted:

Number of traffic accidents involving cell-phone use in 2013: 1.3 million
Number of traffic accidents involving land-line use in 2013: 0.

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Number of traffic accidents involving cell-phone use in 2013: 1.3 million
Number of traffic accidents involving land-line use in 2013: 0.

Legalize landlines!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Cell phone users: bike to grocery store, bus to work. Socially conscious consumers. Volunteer on weekends. Love to scratch dogs behind their ears. Marvel at the unburdened laughter of a baby. Generous tippers.

Landline users: Old Buicks belching black exhaust. Athlete's foot. Resentful of artists. Cheat at bridge. Never give spare change to homeless people. Feud with neighbors over chrysanthemum upkeep.

posting smiling

pig slut lisa posted:

Cell phone users: bike to grocery store, bus to work. Socially conscious consumers. Volunteer on weekends. Love to scratch dogs behind their ears. Marvel at the unburdened laughter of a baby. Generous tippers.

Landline users: Old Buicks belching black exhaust. Athlete's foot. Resentful of artists. Cheat at bridge. Never give spare change to homeless people. Feud with neighbors over chrysanthemum upkeep.

Robot Made of Meat

pig slut lisa posted:

Cell phone users: bike to grocery store on the sidewalk while talking on phone, bus to work while obsessively texting about something nobody in their right mind could possibly care about. Socially conscious consumers who've driven countless Foxconn workers to suicide. Too busy playing with phones to notice weekends. Love to text about scratching dogs behind their ears. Ignore baby because they're on the drat phone. Completely ignore waitstaff and dinner companions because they're texting.

dogcrash truther
I got the robocall on my cell

dogcrash truther
Just one robot calling another. Nbd

Microwaves Mom

by zen death robot

dogcrash truther posted:

holy poo poo that guys voice is amazing; its like valium and bob ross had a baby. when he was talking about the threat of isis i couldnt stop smiling

Hes gonna beat the devil out of ISIS with the same hammer he tried to smash his mom's brains in with.

----------------

pig slut lisa

irl is good

dogcrash truther posted:

I got the robocall on my cell

that's illegal without your express consent

joke_explainer

meteloides posted:

psychiatrists are in the profession because they have sadbrains

pharmacists have hidden addictions

neurosurgeons engage in auto-trepanning

oncologists are trying to cure their own cancer

obstetricians start studying the field so they can deliver their own baby

joke_explainer

pig slut lisa posted:

that's illegal without your express consent

unfortunately in the video crowd interview outside the RNC, DCT jumped in front of the camera, ripped his shirt off and yelled HEY BEN CARSON, YOU CAN ROBOCALL ME ANYTIME BABY! and they've used that as an indicator of consent.

social vegan

ben carson needs a landline because he doesn't get reception outside of the box

deep dish peat moss

joke_explainer posted:

Sounds like you could smoke them in a pipe, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
a joke is told near Carson. he twitches and then goes expressionless

ERROR carsonHumanity.class line 34: access laugh.class FILE NOT FOUND

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
  • Locked thread