Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Hegay posted:

A good match, no doubt rivaling the cancelled ones, is the epic Denmark - Sweden playoff match
Wowzers

This!!! Zlatan scored two goals, and we won, hooray

Kinda weird heel from a corner
https://streamable.com/l2f3

Free kick from a bad angle, it went outside of the wall and curved back in
https://streamable.com/yvom

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Ape Gone Insane posted:

poo poo, that Mexico-Honduras leg break. Worst I've ever seen. For the morbid: https://twitter.com/REFORMACOM/status/666735385435860992

That'll sting a bit.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

That'll sting a bit.

Hes gonna feel it in the morning for sure

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
well he certainly didn't put his best foot forward

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
That was a nothing half. Yedlin is still not a winger.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
so close enough to guam vs Turkmenistan, I'm trying to find a stream of the Canada vs El Salvador game that starts in an hour. Because of course, it's only loving available on a premium channel on a network that is in less than .5% of the homes of the country (not ppv), because Canada.
Any help? I want to be one of the 6 people from my country to watch my team fail in central America once again.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

stab posted:

so close enough to guam vs Turkmenistan, I'm trying to find a stream of the Canada vs El Salvador game that starts in an hour. Because of course, it's only loving available on a premium channel on a network that is in less than .5% of the homes of the country (not ppv), because Canada.
Any help? I want to be one of the 6 people from my country to watch my team fail in central America once again.

Can sign up for the 24 hour free access to Fubo.tv and then cancel after the game.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Seltzer posted:

That was a nothing half. Yedlin is still not a winger.

better winger than defender tbf

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

stab posted:

wiziwig2

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

stab posted:

http://www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/index.html

Scroll down a fair way its there

stab
Feb 12, 2003

thanks! it's showing USA being shameful against T&T, so looks like a good omen of shame that I expect from Canada tonight.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The pitch in Panama looks great but it's soaked so this is probably gonna be a poo poo game

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Joel Aguilar: A Bad Ref

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

stab posted:

because Canada.

Please don't use this millennial style of writing

stab
Feb 12, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Please don't use this millennial style of writing

Which also coincides roughly with the last time Canada fielded a competitive team!

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Ibrahimovic boasts publicly, yet he also appears a real team player in his later years. Both for PSG and Sweden, I've never seen him really scream at a teammate. He protests when he's not fed the bad but thats normal and he lauds teammates who play positively even when he's not directly involved. It's nice to see, compared to, say, Neymar.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Reprisal posted:

Ibrahimovic boasts publicly, yet he also appears a real team player in his later years. Both for PSG and Sweden, I've never seen him really scream at a teammate. He protests when he's not fed the bad but thats normal and he lauds teammates who play positively even when he's not directly involved. It's nice to see, compared to, say, Neymar.

he was actually invovled in some nice build up play that game.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Shrapnig posted:

The US almost never wins in Trinidad.

I ignored your advice and put money on the US :smithicide:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

We won in Panama, han't done that in a long time (I think 10+ years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr4KOHd663I

Ureña's goal was pretty good and Bryan's finishing on the first was also very good.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
In case anyone cares much about next summer's Copa America Centenario, here are the venues:

Boston (Gillette Stadium)
Chicago (Soldier Field)
Houston (NRG Stadium)
LA (Rose Bowl)
NYC (MetLife Stadium)
Orlando (Citrus Bowl — this raised some eyebrows, but it was a '94 WC venue and apparently the stadium in Miami is unavailable)
Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field)
Phoenix (U. of PHX Stadium)
Seattle (CenturyLink Field — think they'll put down grass?)
SF Bay Area (Levi's Stadium)

E: Thanks, not sure why I missed Chicago

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 19, 2015

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
They're using Soldier Field too.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Honduran international Arnold Peralta (26 years old) was just murdered at a mall in his hometown on vacation. It's suspected that gang violence is to blame and not in part with a robbery. He was shot, and investigations are underway. He used to captain the U-20 Honduran team, played in the last World Cup, and 2012 Olympics, as well as a stint with QPR. His club was eliminated from the domestic league's semi-finals by a rival team last weekend but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Soulex posted:

Honduran international Arnold Peralta (26 years old) was just murdered at a mall in his hometown on vacation. It's suspected that gang violence is to blame and not in part with a robbery. He was shot, and investigations are underway. He used to captain the U-20 Honduran team, played in the last World Cup, and 2012 Olympics, as well as a stint with QPR. His club was eliminated from the domestic league's semi-finals by a rival team last weekend but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

I wouldn't exclude an exit in a competitive tournament yet, the betting scene has its fair share of organised crime.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Healbot posted:

I wouldn't exclude an exit in a competitive tournament yet, the betting scene has its fair share of organised crime.

True, but I wouldn't think killing someone would happen over a semi final loss. Escobar got killed because of that gaff at the World Cup, this was a Honduras domestic league for fucks sake you know?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Soulex posted:

True, but I wouldn't think killing someone would happen over a semi final loss. Escobar got killed because of that gaff at the World Cup, this was a Honduras domestic league for fucks sake you know?

If someone's betting enough money it could be the Canadian 5th division.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Soulex posted:

Escobar wasn't killed because of that, he was involved in shady stuff.

No need to look for a deep reason for homicide in Honduras, it's just as likely that it was a Olimpia supporting gang banger mad about the elimination or a Motagua supporting gang banger mad about Olimpia players existing or a normal gang banger who thought the guy looked at him and didn't even know who it was.

Or more likely, he was involved in shady poo poo and got killed for it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The Euro draw is tomorrow.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Simone Poodoin posted:

Escobar wasn't killed because of that, he was involved in shady stuff.

I'm not an expert, but Escobar was involved as much "shady" poo poo as the whole Colombian national team at the time. A lot of them were indebted to the various kingpins in Colombia in a number of ways. The drug lords built fields for poor kids to play on (that some of the players played on as youths) and they dumped tons of funds into the national league where a lot of the Colombian national team played (including Andres). Pablo Escobar would call in the national team to play games at his compound and Andres and others would go, but it was an invitation that you couldn't turn down. Andres wasn't involved in anything else beyond that and apparently he was uneasy about visiting Pablo as well. He was eventually killed because of circumstances rather than doing anything shady or for the own goal specifically. Andres naively decided to go out clubbing right after the Colombians got knocked out to show that he was not embarrassed or afraid. This was an awful time for crime in Colombia and players had already been threatened/had family kidnapped. Other Colombian players were staying at home under tight security and warned him not to go out in public. Andres was killed near a club when some drunk gangster mouthed off to him about the goal and he talked back. The story is always retold as Andres got killed directly because he let in an own goal which is really far from the truth. I'm repeating everything I learned from the Two Escobars documentary which I urge everyone to see if they haven't. I don't care what you think about ESPN or 30 for 30 pieces, it's an amazing documentary with ridiculous amounts of footage and tons of interviews with basically every key player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHzixowbbYU

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 11, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I'm not an expert, but Escobar was involved as much "shady" poo poo as the whole Colombian national team at the time. A lot of them indebted to the various kingpins in Colombia in a number of ways. The drug lords built fields for poor kids to play on (that some of the players played on as youths) and they dumped tons of funds into the national league where a lot of the Colombian national team played (including Andres). Pablo Escobar would call in the national team to play games at his compound and Andres and others would go, but it was an invitation that you couldn't turn down. Andres wasn't involved in anything else beyond that and apparently he was uneasy about visiting Pablo as well. He was eventually killed because of circumstances rather than doing anything shady or for the own goal specifically. Andres naively decided to go out clubbing right after the Colombians got knocked out to show that he was not embarrassed or afraid. This was awful time for crime in Colombia and players had already been threatened/had family kidnapped. Other Colombian players were staying at home under tight security and warned him not to go out in public. Andres was killed near a club when some drunk gangster mouthed off to him about the goal and he talked back. The story is always retold as Andres got killed directly because he let in an own goal which is really far from the truth. I'm repeating everything I learned from the Two Escobars documentary which I urge everyone to see if they haven't. I don't care what you think about ESPN or 30 for 30 pieces, it's an amazing documentary with ridiculous amounts of footage and tons of interviews with basically every key player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHzixowbbYU

That and a few articles is where I got my information. I probably said it wrong, but it's theorized that the reason he was shot was because of that incident or at least had some involvement.

Regardless, Icardi got robbed at gun point last week. poo poo is crazy.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Yeah I remembered it wrong, what I was trying to say is not that it was "you scored an own goal, go die", it was more complex. Thanks for the documentary, will watch.

Either way this is Honduras we're talking about and many players are related to gang bangers from "back in the day" even if they're not criminals themselves, so that could be part of it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Simone Poodoin posted:

Yeah I remembered it wrong, what I was trying to say is not that it was "you scored an own goal, go die", it was more complex. Thanks for the documentary, will watch.

Either way this is Honduras we're talking about and many players are related to gang bangers from "back in the day" even if they're not criminals themselves, so that could be part of it.

I just wanted to put the information out there because a lot of people think he was killed directly because of the goal (I did until I saw the documentary), like someone who lost money put a hit on him or something when he was really just a victim of crime/naivety/circumstance. The documentary is really really good, I would've paid money to see it in a theater. The amount of footage they got their hands on is crazy, the trailer doesn't do it justice at all. Its a really great look at crime/football in early 90s Colombia through the lens of this one incident.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 11, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I just wanted to put the information out there because a lot of people think he was killed directly because of the goal (I did until I saw the documentary), like someone who lost money put a hit on him or something when he was really just a victim of crime/naivety/circumstance. The documentary is really really good, I would've paid money to see it in a theater. The amount of footage they got their hands on is crazy, the trailer doesn't do it justice at all. Its a really great look at crime/football in early 90s Colombia through the lens of this one incident.

I didn't even realize you didn't post the actual video.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20304862YpECCG8J

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Soulex posted:

I didn't even realize you didn't post the actual video.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20304862YpECCG8J

I'd recommend procuring it in HD

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Benzema has been banned from the france squad until the blackmail case is over

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I'd recommend procuring it in HD

It was a fast search, I used to have a link on youtube but it got deleted. I think netflix has it in HD

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Everyone should watch that, it's a great little film.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Come on wales, lets get into a group!!

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Weeeyyy look at that big ball woth the welsh flag on it!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hoping the UEFA Conference draws up a good selection of teams for Eurobowl XV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

looking forward to some hot ball unscrewing action

• Locked thread