Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013
Hey guys, I got this phone :
http://www.jxd.hk/game-console/s5800/

There are two ways this phone can setup for use in games.
- Direct button setup (Most emulators support this)
- Built in app where you can drag icons of the system's buttons so pressing the button is basically a tap in that part of the screen.

Any suggestion for games could support such an Android phone? =)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Yeah man. If it helps, it shows my attack going from 0 to 0 even when I choose different swords. I'm confused.

Edit. My conscript shows 0 dmg
Thief has 4 dmg
Conjurer has 2 dmg.

Demon shields?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Demon shields?

Yeah man what does that mean

Oh wow if I remove it it looks like it'll give me more attack. Wow.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

And you're not equipping any of the items that drop your attack?

Edit: Maybe I should refresh!

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Thank you so much guys. I usually just let the auto equip go but yeah. Not anymore. Thanks.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

It looks like Humble Bundle have retired the regular fortnightly Android Humble Bundle for some reason. The site will still continue to have the occasional mobile bundle however, and Android games will also appear alongside non-mobile games in other bundles. Also you can now find Android game in the Humble Store.

That's disappointing. Every once in a while they get a good game or two bundled but usually the games looked mediocre. Still, it was nice to have the option.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Demon shields are good for someone who's going to be using a lot of magic but not so much the punching. I throw one on my main healer, generally. I suppose you could put one on a conjurer or dark mage, but you'd need to micromanage them so they're not feebly poking at things.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The stat penalties on equipment get smaller at higher levels. A level 3 Demon Shield won't lower your attack at all, and a level 4 will actually give a small bonus.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Also, low level Golem Gear drops your stabby damage way down too.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

StriderVM posted:

Hey guys, I got this phone :
http://www.jxd.hk/game-console/s5800/

There are two ways this phone can setup for use in games.
- Direct button setup (Most emulators support this)
- Built in app where you can drag icons of the system's buttons so pressing the button is basically a tap in that part of the screen.

Any suggestion for games could support such an Android phone? =)

Any game with controller support should work pretty well. GTA3/VC/SA, Tomb Raider and Max Payne are the obvious ones that come to mind.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey so I've been lurking this thread for a while and I don't think these were mentioned. I would *really* recommend Bean's Quest and Bean Dreams as quality platformers that are well worth the price. Bean's Quest was in a humble bundle a while ago and that hooked me. Both those games manage to have sufficiently tight controls, even on a touchscreen, and they are cute, and they are fun. Half of Bean Dreams is actually free, so if you're not convinced by promo material and my recommendation, just try that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

It looks like Humble Bundle have retired the regular fortnightly Android Humble Bundle for some reason. The site will still continue to have the occasional mobile bundle however, and Android games will also appear alongside non-mobile games in other bundles. Also you can now find Android game in the Humble Store.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because the last bundle (KEMCO Bundle) didn't sell for poo poo. I don't think it ever broke 100k to unlock a new game.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Following the earlier port of Stranger's Wrath, a port of Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee is now out on the Play Store.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Since the Dominations thread got archived I'll just ask here. When attacking a player, is there any way to reliably tell how much of the available food and gold loot is tied up in their farms/caravans vs mills/markets? So frustrating to attack someone with 200k food only to find his lightly defended farms contain nothing. (I'm using a raiding based army, not one that can punch through a well defended base) I've been just sacrificing one unit and seeing how much food it gets from attacking a farm; if it seems like a high amount, I go for it. But It's not perfectly reliable.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kheldarn posted:

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because the last bundle (KEMCO Bundle) didn't sell for poo poo. I don't think it ever broke 100k to unlock a new game.

Does anyone else find that there are just way too many bundles happening all the time? I'm not surprised that they look like they've slowed it down.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
So, it turns out Ragezerkers are really good. Yes, you can't control them, but their skill lets them bestow a +2 Attack bonus on a random party member. Big deal, until you realize it's permanent. I went with a party of Ragezerker/Healer/Healer/Thief/Knight and autobattled my way through 400 levels. I haven't tried an all-Ragezerker party yet, so I don't know if the AI is smart enough to actually hit things or whether it'll spend its entire first round buffing - which would give the mobs a free shot. I dropped a Google buck on permanently unlocking them, though I didn't realize that I couldn't get them to join right after dimension-hopping because of the reputation requirement. Still, that's 500k I don't have to spend each world, and it was a Google buck, so nothing of value was lost.

Oh, and a note on my earlier numbers for weapons: it occurs to me that, sooner or later, your crit chances will be ridiculously high due to other bonuses. And your attack will be up there too. At which point the only stat that matters is the critical damage boost, so for pure DPS the Fork once again wins out.

e: also, the game seems to have a bad habit of crashing, at least on my tablet. Whenever you have the chance, quit to the title screen, as that saves your progress. I do it once as soon as I get back and once as soon as I'm geared to go out again.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 18, 2015

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

FredMSloniker posted:

Oh, and a note on my earlier numbers for weapons: it occurs to me that, sooner or later, your crit chances will be ridiculously high due to other bonuses. And your attack will be up there too. At which point the only stat that matters is the critical damage boost, so for pure DPS the Fork once again wins out.

e: also, the game seems to have a bad habit of crashing, at least on my tablet. Whenever you have the chance, quit to the title screen, as that saves your progress. I do it once as soon as I get back and once as soon as I'm geared to go out again.

Well, about that... The new update has dropped, (though apparently not yet for everyone) and Forks are now 60/200 for crit rate and damage. They're still good out of the gate but get outclassed by the high-level Assassin Daggers, which start at 50/200, but get a higher attack and also grant evade. Also now it periodically auto-saves your dungeon progress. Rare and Legendary have levels now too. I've made it to Dimension 8 and poo poo's crazy.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does anyone else find that there are just way too many bundles happening all the time? I'm not surprised that they look like they've slowed it down.

I have serious bundle fatigue, especially for Android bundles. People have been good about posting the mobile HBs in this thread, but I stopped clicking through to them at all months ago, unless there was mention of a game I actually cared about in the post. They've been hawking third-tier Android games I've never heard of for quite a while, so I'm glad they decided to ease up. Hopefully this will allow them to get better games for future deals.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Augh latest update on Soda Dungeon nerfs forks. They're down to 60% chance and 200% damage. Good until you get levelled assassin knives.

Edit: durr didnt read. I'll add that since rerolling I find that buying the pet shack and gold pet is worth the $2. Jus' sayin

Commie Lasorda fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 18, 2015

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Since installing the soda game and the magic the gathering puzzle quest game, by volume randomly sets to 30%. As someone who listens to a ton of podcasts, this drives me insane.

It happens every 5 seconds for a few minutes, then doesn't change for hours, leaving me on tenterhooks.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Lifeline 2 is out. Unlike the sci-fi story of the first game, the sequel is an unrelated fantasy romp.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

mrkillboy posted:

Lifeline 2 is out. Unlike the sci-fi story of the first game, the sequel is an unrelated fantasy romp.

Gonna get this when my google bucks go up again. Loved the first one's polish.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

They say in their info page that they will ALWAYS buff first turn, so you weaken your team's ability to first turn clear the more you add. Braving one is definitely worth it in my opinion, but I'm wary on adding more than that. Having a healer, thief, dark mage, and knight are too useful for their individual abilities in my opinion to bump one of them for another zerker. I guess you can drop the thief if you don't care about money, but given that zerkers work best when you start from lower floors, you are missing out on a TON of possible item drops, especially if you run those item find magnets.

Edit: Ragezerkers also made me notice that magic power derives from attack power on dark mages, which is super nice. Hitting everyone for over twice what you would later on is bananas.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 18, 2015

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For me, part of it was the fact that most of the time I can just get the games I want with Google Survey money. Though , not just with the android bundles, there definitely is diminishing returns where you start to have the non-shovelware already.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Healers in Soda Dungeon are a loving GAME CHANGER. I've gotten SO much further after unlocking them. Several full past a boss I couldn't even beat previously.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
There a eta on magic the gathering gem game being released in the US?
Also yes, everyone should be playing soda dungeon. Finally got dark summoner and found out about the forks. Loving the game on the 3rd dimension

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Dheroren sword is the greatest game changer for me. I think it was easily found around 390 floor bosses or maybe i stole from it. Having 5 of those helped me push through 1k floor with ease by putting everything to sleep in 1-3 turns.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

FredMSloniker posted:

Yeah, Soda Dungeon is a bit crashtastic on my old phone. If I start getting "Not responding" at any time it's time to bail as soon as I get control again. It's a shame, as it keeps me from running from level 1 to whenever in the background.

The Level 700 boss's gimmick is manageable but cheesy as hell.

Is there a specific level range for grinding out Dhronens? That's the best item in the game by my reckoning.
^^^ ninja edit -- that's why.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

delfin posted:

Is there a specific level range for grinding out Dhronens? That's the best item in the game by my reckoning.
^^^ ninja edit -- that's why.
Just in case i am wrong about the floor, i will say it is between 390 to 490. Try stealing too. I got all five in like 6-7 tries.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Is this any good?it's on sale for 1.99 but wondering if goons had an opinion

Battle station harbinger

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.bugbyte.harbinger

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Nyaa posted:

Just in case i am wrong about the floor, i will say it is between 390 to 490. Try stealing too. I got all five in like 6-7 tries.

Even better, they start dropping level 2 Dhronens around 800-900.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Can anyone help me with early to mid game gear loadouts? Not sure of the optimal use of Demon gear and Assassin's dagger's yet.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Soda Dungeon is fun as heck, but I deleted it when I realized I would no longer be able to just Ragezerker cheese from 1 to however far I could go due to Boss 500's stupid gimmick. The AI obviously doesn't play around it at all, so it's 100% a game ender or at least staller until I checked it running in the background and slowly wore her down manually with my one healer. They should remove stupid boss gimmicks like that after defeating them, because otherwise it grinds the entire game to a halt.

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey

tater_salad posted:

Is this any good?it's on sale for 1.99 but wondering if goons had an opinion

Battle station harbinger

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.bugbyte.harbinger

Yep it's more than worth the 1.99 if you enjoy space strategy games/pew pew. I got quite a few hours of play out of it.

Bit rough around the edges but they've just finished a kickstarter for a content and balance update that should land in January.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Soda Dungeon is fun as heck, but I deleted it when I realized I would no longer be able to just Ragezerker cheese from 1 to however far I could go due to Boss 500's stupid gimmick. The AI obviously doesn't play around it at all, so it's 100% a game ender or at least staller until I checked it running in the background and slowly wore her down manually with my one healer. They should remove stupid boss gimmicks like that after defeating them, because otherwise it grinds the entire game to a halt.

Warrior dimension doesn't have the gimmicks and repeats of those bosses removes the gimmick.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

New Leaf posted:

Healers in Soda Dungeon are a loving GAME CHANGER. I've gotten SO much further after unlocking them. Several full past a boss I couldn't even beat previously.

Yeah, I had this same experience. "Holy poo poo, I can actually do things now!". If only their AI would realize when a group heal is a good idea.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Horizon Chase, an arcade racer inspired by 80s/90s racing games like OutRun, Lotus Challenge and (especially) Top Gear for SNES is now out for Android. As someone who played tons of Top Gear as a kid I've been looking forward to playing this ever since it hit iOS a few months ago. Also the soundtrack is pretty rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30IfxafIYWA

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 18, 2015

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Augh latest update on Soda Dungeon nerfs forks. They're down to 60% chance and 200% damage. Good until you get levelled assassin knives.

Edit: durr didnt read. I'll add that since rerolling I find that buying the pet shack and gold pet is worth the $2. Jus' sayin

So buy Jenny vs Robie the android item guy?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Shwqa posted:

Warrior dimension doesn't have the gimmicks and repeats of those bosses removes the gimmick.

I don't know what "warrior dimension" is but when I was on the 600 floor dimension the see-through 500 boss definitely still had her gimmick, which is why I deleted the game. I mean, I can pick it back up no problem if it was recently changed in an update or something, but either I'm misunderstanding what you're saying or you are mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You only ever have to fight/defeat the floor 500 boss once, as after that you can just skip it via wizard and you probably should be running the 500+ floors instead for the superior items. The Warrior dimension is D11, after you get all the Essence Relics. That dimension is endless and the more obnoxious boss gimmicks are removed.