Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I hope it unlocks at 11pm Central time on 12/3 myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm hoping it unlocks the morning of 12/4 instead of the evening of 12/4. It's sometimes unclear about what time they're talking about when people say "midnight".

It's always midnight east coast for the bigger titles like this. Gonna be playing at 9pm pacific yeee

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Nintendo needs to put a loving HDD in their next console. Sell some cheap-as-gently caress 32gb flash drive version of your console if you want but make ones with actual storage space and charge an extra $50 or whatever.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nintendo needs to put a loving HDD in their next console. Sell some cheap-as-gently caress 32gb flash drive version of your console if you want but make ones with actual storage space and charge an extra $50 or whatever.

Most people replace their console hard drives now anyways, if anything I'd rather they charge me $50 less and ship consoles without hard drives and just let me use my own.

This is the first time I have ran out of space on the Wii U with my 32gb version and I've had it since launch. I just deleted the games I never play anymore and now I got plenty of space again. It's obviously an issue if you plan to go digital only, but if you are buying physical unless you buy literally every single eshop game 32gb is plenty.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

All this talk about localization changes is fine and dandy, but what about all this foul language present. Quite unseemly if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4EYlSplcvg&t=421s

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i want to explore the asscave

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

i want to explore the asscave

Fabgoons thread is that way

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sam Faust posted:

All this talk about localization changes is fine and dandy, but what about all this foul language present. Quite unseemly if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4EYlSplcvg&t=421s

Matt Mercer is powerful

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
is he voicing both of those guys? he's good.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm happier that I spent fifty bucks for a commodity drive that I'll practically never fill instead.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Yeah seriously I'd rather spend 50 on a decent 1 TB Seagate drive than 50 on a 250 gigs non user-accessible Nintendo brand hard drive

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 18, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Baal posted:

Matt Mercer is powerful

He sounds like Crispin Freeman.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I was skimming through the past 79 pages of the thread and oh boy does the discussion suddenly become timely again on pages 19-20.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lastdancer posted:

I was skimming through the past 79 pages of the thread and oh boy does the discussion suddenly become timely again on pages 19-20.

Apparently, an early trailer compilation is blocked by Sony Music Entertainment, huh.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

15-16? More days.

This is nailbiting territory.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Inflammatory posted:

is he voicing both of those guys? he's good.

Nah, he's just voicing Lao. I can't tell who's voicing L, really.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This person is streaming Xenoblade X right now http://www.twitch.tv/kinggothalion They are a really awesome Destiny streamer, the chat is not normally into these sort of games (JRPGs or Nintendo in general) so you'll want to hide the chat, but otherwise this is a good look at the english version of the game.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Calaveron posted:

Yeah seriously I'd rather spend 50 on a decent 1 TB Seagate drive than 50 on a 250 gigs non user-accessible Nintendo brand hard drive

This argument is exactly what Nintendo publicly used when the Wii U was first announced too. They also added that the price of storage per GB is likely to continue to go down and that it would not be a consumer friendly decision to lock in a price for certain amount of storage for many years like xbox and playstation do. It makes a lot of sense and is great for consumers.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

This person is streaming Xenoblade X right now http://www.twitch.tv/kinggothalion They are a really awesome Destiny streamer, the chat is not normally into these sort of games (JRPGs or Nintendo in general) so you'll want to hide the chat, but otherwise this is a good look at the english version of the game.

That's tomb raider right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/tangentgaming This is a stream

and it's over. Apparently they're only allowing 3 hour streams.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 18, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's tomb raider right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/tangentgaming This is a stream

Yeah it ended about an hour after I posted that link (as of writing this post, he is hosting another streamer who is playing Tomb Raider). Nintendo's NDA with streamers is that they can only stream for 3 hours and then they have to stop. You can go back and watch the achieved footage though.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I made another video because I am very bored and have a lot of free time right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld4CwXV4B9g

I would really like to play this game already!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Are there any streams like that, but without that super obnoxious thing where they play the same music clip over and over again every time someone subscribes to their channel?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suaimhneas posted:

Are there any streams like that, but without that super obnoxious thing where they play the same music clip over and over again every time someone subscribes to their channel?

Its not hard to find a stream where the streamer isn't a partner with Twitch. There are Twitch partners I watch though that dont do that, but most do.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
GameXplain's 3 hour stream is starting in 10 minutes.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lastdancer posted:

I made another video because I am very bored and have a lot of free time right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld4CwXV4B9g

I like it, but it needs an advertisement for the actual game and where to purchase it, if it's going to be a true tv spot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lastdancer posted:

I'm glad you chose the best song on the soundtrack

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lastdancer posted:

Needs more birds and people floating in the air holding hands but otherwise 8/10.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab-uRDnwILo

quality is still processing on the gamexplain 3 hour stream

I like this because he starts off 46 hours into it, instead of the beginning, which is boring now to me.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'm too excited for this game and don't want to wait two more weeks.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Me either. I'm playing Fallout 4 to tide me over but once this comes out I'm ditching everything for this game.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Me either. I'm playing Fallout 4 to tide me over but once this comes out I'm ditching everything for this game.

I'm buying a WiiU entirely so I can play this anime.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sure the game isn't going to be awful garbage like Ride to Hell but my god does it look like a slog to play from those trailers people made.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sure the game isn't going to be awful garbage like Ride to Hell but my god does it look like a slog to play from those trailers people made.

:psyduck:

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I'm playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 3D as my first Xenoblade experience.

At ~20 hours in I just made it to the Bionis' head and I pretty much stopped giving a drat about any of the sidequests at all. Unless I'm missing something, most don't even award XP and half are like "go kill this monster somewhere" and then I go looking for it and can't find it, then wander around lost for a while before giving up and going back to the relevant main quest (whatever the little story memo tells me to do).

Am I missing anything important by playing this way?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm pretty sure sidequests do award XP, but it's not needed; if anything, they just make you way overleveled. There are some rewards for doing a fuckton of sidequests to level your affinity with certain towns, but they're also unnecessary.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The combat on foot doesn't look too great. It makes the game seem like it's fun to play but less so to watch. I'm sure it's better when you're not using guns.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Aardvark Barber posted:

I'm playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 3D as my first Xenoblade experience.

At ~20 hours in I just made it to the Bionis' head and I pretty much stopped giving a drat about any of the sidequests at all. Unless I'm missing something, most don't even award XP and half are like "go kill this monster somewhere" and then I go looking for it and can't find it, then wander around lost for a while before giving up and going back to the relevant main quest (whatever the little story memo tells me to do).

Am I missing anything important by playing this way?

Nah, I think almost everyone who has been diligent about sidequests burns out at that point. I sure did. I ended up taking a year break from the game and coming back to it.

You may need to do a few sidequests if things are kicking your rear end, I tried to rush the main story and was underlevelled at one point, but you definitely don't need to do everything. Most of the sidequests are irrelevant garbage. A few are really good storywise, but for the most part World of loving Warcraft has better quests nowadays than Xenoblade's sidequests. The only real problem is some of the interesting quests are buried behind affinity you need to grind the easier quests to get, but you're really not missing much.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I just took the trash sidequests as a bonus if I happened to come across the required number of monsters/items while exploring. It's dumb as hell that every area has a dude with half a dozen monster hunting quests that you have to accept one after the other though.

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 23, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

The combat on foot doesn't look too great. It makes the game seem like it's fun to play but less so to watch. I'm sure it's better when you're not using guns.

having watched people actually play the game, you kind of need to be constantly switching between melee and ranged attacks to do art combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

having watched people actually play the game, you kind of need to be constantly switching between melee and ranged attacks to do art combos.

Yeah, I was just saying that the trailer sure wasn't making it look excellent.

• Locked thread