Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

1st AD posted:

Whenever I date a white nerd (which is a lot) I get incredulous looks that I don't watch or enjoy anime.

More people need to realize that anime is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

1st AD posted:

Whenever I date a white nerd (which is a lot) I get incredulous looks that I don't watch or enjoy anime.

Approximately 0% of the Asian girls I know IRL enjoy anime or have even watched a non-Cartoon Network anime in the last decade or longer. The ones I find on OKC and other place that do enjoy it are insufferable nerd queen bees because weebs worship the ground they walk on and I bet it's hard to turn down that kind of unwavering adulation and deference.

The whole "women don't date Asian men" thing seems weird though. Why is that?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

paco650 posted:

Approximately 0% of the Asian girls I know IRL enjoy anime or have even watched a non-Cartoon Network anime in the last decade or longer. The ones I find on OKC and other place that do enjoy it are insufferable nerd queen bees because weebs worship the ground they walk on and I bet it's hard to turn down that kind of unwavering adulation and deference.

Not enough rugged, chiseled bad rear end dudes in movies that are Asian.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

Huh, I thought asian guys got like +10 cool points by default? Or am I watching too many HK action movies?

i stopped including that i'm white+asian/mixed race on dating sites in favor of just listing as white because it made it basically impossible to get dates, now i just hope they don't ask about my eyes or slightly tinted skin so i can avoid the conversation altogether

paco650 posted:

probably the most pervasive asian male stereotype is that we all have small penises

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol are people really unaware that women find asian men the least attractive by a long shot??

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 19, 2015

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
It might be that more Asian men resort to online dating so there's kind of a surplus of them. Maybe traditional culture values influence the amount of soft spoken Asian dudes.

In my experience as an ABC I've found that women are way more receptive to you in real life than on the internet. Honestly if you're Asian you might as well just stick to joining book clubs and going to Yoga classes because otherwise you're gonna be a face in a sea of other Asians.

I've heard a similar phenomena is going on in the gay dating community where people don't want twinky, feminine asian males.

RIP.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Gays are a whole other realm of bullshit and I never know what's considered the most desirable race/body type/attitude/whatever because it seems like it changes a lot. This is GBS though, so hopefully a Gay can enlighten us all.

Also, what is an ABC?

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
American born Chinese.

My gay friends like muscly gay dudes. One assured me he wasn't attracted to me, what a backhanded comment.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I always thought it had more to do with the fact that Asian men are shorter, on average, and height is an important factor in the American dating scene, at least for men. I'm usually a bit surprised when I see a couple where the woman is noticeably taller, I've found it to be pretty rare.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
tall women suck rear end

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

tall women suck rear end

Not in my experience. It's the shorter ones, especially the redheads who get freaky.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

paco650 posted:

What's a nerd queen bee?

lmao it sounds kinda cool but I wouldn't want to put up with the creeps

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Aferisan posted:

It might be that more Asian men resort to online dating so there's kind of a surplus of them. Maybe traditional culture values influence the amount of soft spoken Asian dudes.

In my experience as an ABC I've found that women are way more receptive to you in real life than on the internet. Honestly if you're Asian you might as well just stick to joining book clubs and going to Yoga classes because otherwise you're gonna be a face in a sea of other Asians.

I've heard a similar phenomena is going on in the gay dating community where people don't want twinky, feminine asian males.

RIP.

lol book clubs and Yoga, kill me now.

Better work out and have entertaining stories boys.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A lot of our customers are using their debit cards for things called Asiandate.com, asianbeauties.com (a scam place, apparently).

So many looking for love :(

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

paco650 posted:

Approximately 0% of the Asian girls I know IRL are asian

OKC date, we're eating at Noodles-n-Company and I grab chopsticks for whatever vaguely asian dish:

:v: Oh my god you're more asian than I am.

:downs: Uh, you mean the chopsticks?

:v: I can't even use chopsticks. What do you use them for?

:downs: Uhhh.... (looks down at noodles, looks around at the loving noodle shop where most of the people are eating noodles)... noodles?

:v: OH. MY. GAAAHD. THAT. IS. SO. KEWL.

It was like I was levitating the food with my goddamn mind.

1st AD posted:

Weeaboos tend to be the most oddly socially traditional people. It's kind of fascinating. It's like World War 2 vets and war brides. Massive racists, also extoll a foreign culture as superior. Weird.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm dating what I guess would be considered a FOB chinese girl, though she's studied english for over half her life. Even she doesn't want to date asian men because she considers them to be not confident, meek, etc. Chinese friends of hers I met strongly prefer asian men, though, so there's hope.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Nirvikalpa posted:

What's a nerd queen bee?

lmao it sounds kinda cool but I wouldn't want to put up with the creeps

Also known as a con queen, basically an unattractive woman who has hordes of pockmarked nerds bending to her every whim because she has tits and also watches anime, which is exactly what they think that they want.

It is a junction where cat ears and a shelf-boob corset combine

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

hordes of pockmarked nerds bending to her every whim because she has tits and also watches anime, which is exactly what they think that they want.

I think we all (unintentionally) have a few friends like this, and it's depressing. What an existence.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Moneyball posted:

I think we all (unintentionally) have a few friends like this, and it's depressing. What an existence.

Despite being an insufferable goon, all of my women friends are normal or at least avoid those aspects of nerddome.

Moneyball posted:

I'm dating what I guess would be considered a FOB chinese girl, though she's studied english for over half her life. Even she doesn't want to date asian men because she considers them to be not confident, meek, etc. Chinese friends of hers I met strongly prefer asian men, though, so there's hope.

Blame helicopter moms. In China it's probably worse since the one child policy probably hosed up all sorts of people since every male child had all the pressure of living to expectations. Speaking as an only child to Chinese parents, the cultural impulse to defer to parental guidance is very strong.

revdrkevind posted:

Weeaboos tend to be the most oddly socially traditional people. It's kind of fascinating. It's like World War 2 vets and war brides. Massive racists, also extoll a foreign culture as superior. Weird.

I dated a white girl who was the most insufferable Weeaboo ever and on one date she berated me for wanting to name a hypothetical child using common American names - all her names were Japanese. It was so loving racist but I make bad decisions in life and huge tits were more important than my dignity for a while.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

1st AD posted:

It was so loving racist but I make bad decisions in life and huge tits were more important than my dignity for a while.

:smith: :respek: :smith:

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

1st AD posted:

lol book clubs and Yoga, kill me now.

Better work out and have entertaining stories boys.

I think you're years ahead of me in the online dating game and if that's what you say I'm probably going to defer to you. That said, its very difficult to meet single women if you're in a room filled with 95% men. IE Magic the Gathering Tournaments.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

Marketing New Brain posted:

height is an important factor in the American dating scene, at least for men.

I don't think there is a dating scene where women prefer shorter men

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Here's my quick impression of every girl I've met online in Chicago so far: Sorry I have to put off dates for the next two weeks because of work and zumba and literally Bingo is more important than a date oh and my cats/dogs/chinchilla are also way more important than any man and no you can't come with me this is something I want to do alone why can't I find a man no we can't have a date today work was hard so I want to be alone oh hey look some rear end in a top hat is available for NSA that fits my schedule just perfectly sigh I wish I had a real boyfriend no seriously if you don't stop asking me out I'm going to block you.

Goddamn. Girl you're 30 now. If you ever want to have a guy, you might want to up the priority on that part of your life.

Aferisan posted:

I think you're years ahead of me in the online dating game and if that's what you say I'm probably going to defer to you. That said, its very difficult to meet single women if you're in a room filled with 95% men. IE Magic the Gathering Tournaments.

No see what you wanna go for there is the married "polyamorous" girl who's having a train run on her while her boyfriend has a nervous breakdown during the tournament and cries all over his $500 playmat.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's called Jimmy Johns.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Also known as a con queen, basically an unattractive woman who has hordes of pockmarked nerds bending to her every whim because she has tits and also watches anime, which is exactly what they think that they want.

That sounds kind of appealing, though I'm a sperg but I'd never date a geeky guy. Nope. Sounds like a great way to get a couple of free dinners or gifts though. Where can I find these losers?

Aferisan posted:

lmao all of the MtG tournaments I've been to were huge sausage fests. And they were small ones at the local game store, not the huge national ones

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
I messaged an angsty stoner girl asking if she'd like to go for a smoke sometime, and she sent back a thousand-word rant about how guys like me are just trying to get girls vulnerable and she wasn't going to let me get her stoned so I could rape her and that if she ever sees me she'll set her dogs on me. Which was... different.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 19, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Nirvikalpa posted:

That sounds kind of appealing, though I'm a sperg but I'd never date a geeky guy. Nope. Sounds like a great way to get a couple of free dinners or gifts though. Where can I find these losers?

Anime conventions, Twitch, and game stores. I mean, if you want to have dinner with a neckbeard with atrocious hygiene habits and a suspect interest in sonic the hedgehog then go for it I guess

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Moneyball posted:

Weirdly enough, I see the opposite with Latina women. There are a lot of them where I live and tons of them put that they prefer not to date Latino men in their profiles. I asked about it on a date once and she said that Latino dudes have too much machismo and were often assholes. It all seems silly to me.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Moneyball posted:

Chinese friends of hers I met strongly prefer asian men, though, so there's hope.

even they may not opt for asian guys

hunkrust fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 30, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

hungry_bear_grr posted:

Weirdly enough, I see the opposite with Latina women. There are a lot of them where I live and tons of them put that they prefer not to date Latino men in their profiles. I asked about it on a date once and she said that Latino dudes have too much machismo and were often assholes. It all seems silly to me.

From what I have read South America has something of a "yes means yes and no means maybe" culture worse than even the US, so dudes can get really aggressive when chasing a lady. Whether that fully translates out of the continent I don't really know, but I can see shades of it come through

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Dienes posted:

OKC crunched numbers on their own users: http://blog.okcupid.com/

yay, black men now have a 1% more positive opinion of black women and therefore not everyone hates us :toot:

it would be interesting to see how messaging trends have changed, if they have. i remember that every race of men was significantly unwilling to reply to our messages, and that we were significantly more likely to reply to everyone else.

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol are people really unaware that women find asian men the least attractive by a long shot??

the bolded part was the only part that surprised me, i guess. i don't personally know anyone who kinds asian men unattractive.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Anime conventions, Twitch, and game stores. I mean, if you want to have dinner with a neckbeard with atrocious hygiene habits and a suspect interest in sonic the hedgehog then go for it I guess

Haha I've thought about being a twitch streamer but my Mac is too slow to stream and play at the same time, it seems ):

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Crashbee posted:

I messaged an angsty stoner girl asking if she'd like to go for a smoke sometime, and she sent back a thousand-word rant about how guys like me are just trying to get girls vulnerable and she wasn't going to let me get her stoned so I could rape her and that if she ever sees me she'll set her dogs on me. Which was... different.

Vulnerable to what? Saying embarrassing poo poo and eating snacks? Maybe she's one of those people who have intense brain problems when they smoke and she passes out regularly.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Crashbee posted:

reply back asking "so what you're saying is that you can't handle your poo poo. wtf are you? 15?" and leave it at that

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Asian men have to work a lot harder when it comes to dating. Women can get pretty weird about a guy's skin color, way more then men.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

paco650 posted:

Vulnerable to what? Saying embarrassing poo poo and eating snacks? Maybe she's one of those people who have intense brain problems when they smoke and she passes out regularly.

Brain problems sounds about right

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I always figured it was because asian men are little.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Asian men have to work a lot harder when it comes to dating. Women can get pretty weird about a guy's skin color, way more then men.

unless their wallet is full of the color green, then for some people skin color suddenly isn't as important

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lufiron posted:

unless their wallet is full of the color green, then for some people skin color suddenly isn't as important

Hi jon pop.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Nirvikalpa posted:

Based on my Comic-Con experience this year, the only restaurants these guys eat at is poo poo places like Buca di Beppo. Hope you enjoy all 5 pounds of pasta you'll receive.

Fun anecdote, I saw a skinny fat guy get white girl wasted at 4pm in downtown San Diego and was sprawled out on the pavement. Except when I went to help him up it turns out he wasn't drunk at all, just exhausted from walking around :laugh:

hungry_bear_grr posted:

I'm dating a Mexican (i.e. she is a Mexican national living in Mexico) and yeah she is pretty much the same.

Grass is greener, etc.

revdrkevind posted:

Here's my quick impression of every girl I've met online in Chicago so far: Sorry I have to put off dates for the next two weeks because of work and zumba and literally Bingo is more important than a date oh and my cats/dogs/chinchilla are also way more important than any man and no you can't come with me this is something I want to do alone why can't I find a man no we can't have a date today work was hard so I want to be alone oh hey look some rear end in a top hat is available for NSA that fits my schedule just perfectly sigh I wish I had a real boyfriend no seriously if you don't stop asking me out I'm going to block you.

Goddamn. Girl you're 30 now. If you ever want to have a guy, you might want to up the priority on that part of your life.

Alternatively; they do not want to go out with you and because you are giving off bad vibes they had to come up with a lie.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Hi jon pop.

note I said people not women, that's you and your thought process

I'd gladly overlook poo poo for a sugar mama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lufiron posted:

note I said people not women, that's you and your thought process

:prepop:

You're right I missed it. I am the cis priviledge.

• Locked thread