Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Overview Trailer for Paper Jam

Looks super good. Koopalings are in, Papercraft Luigi and Kamek and a bunch more other fun stuff- including the fact Paper Bowser actually talks :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is it just me or did they Sticker Star this game in terms of characters, locales, etc? It looks like generic ol' SMB stuff with a minimum of wacky made-up-for-this-game bullshit a la every other Mario & Luigi game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They have to keep reminding people that those are not the old abilities but the exact same functions done with new paper mario. And then they slip and show old duo attacks with PM just standing on the sideline cheering.

And you can amibo to straight-up damage enemies?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Overview Trailer for Paper Jam

Looks super good. Koopalings are in, Papercraft Luigi and Kamek and a bunch more other fun stuff- including the fact Paper Bowser actually talks :allears:

Honestly it looks kind of ugly, but I think the 2D ones weren't selling that great at this point anyway. Bowser Inside Story was so good

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Night Blade posted:

At least you don't play MMOs.

Anymore

RIP City of Heroes.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah, but you'd need an old version of Ironfall or Ocarina or an old 3DS firmware

Ah poo poo I have Ocarina but its downloaded so I assume they patched that out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ah poo poo I have Ocarina but its downloaded so I assume they patched that out.

AFAIK, OOT needs to be on cart because you are supposed to use an older 3DS to cook up an exploit on its saves and then use the cart on the Nu3DS with said exploited saves within. Just buy Cubic Ninja if you have any interest in running import 3DS games or messing with emulators (CPS2 emulation is a very good thing to have on a mobile device).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

GameXplain did a review for Stella Glow (also, it's Ash, not Andre, for those of you who can't stand how Andre speaks):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbpTy5-PZIQ

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is it just me or did they Sticker Star this game in terms of characters, locales, etc? It looks like generic ol' SMB stuff with a minimum of wacky made-up-for-this-game bullshit a la every other Mario & Luigi game.

Going off of what someone said who has like a preview build or review copy, it looks like they did. They said they haven't encountered any original characters or locations. In the end who knows, but it looks like that may have just happened. Hopefully it'll be more fun to actually play.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

GameXplain did a review for Stella Glow (also, it's Ash, not Andre, for those of you who can't stand how Andre speaks):

The voice of the guy is dripping with AIDS

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SelenicMartian posted:

They have to keep reminding people that those are not the old abilities but the exact same functions done with new paper mario. And then they slip and show old duo attacks with PM just standing on the sideline cheering.

And you can amibo to straight-up damage enemies?

They didn't slip up, the old duo attacks have been known since the game got revealed. Bros have their usual special abilities between the two of them (some new ones too) and Paper Mario holds the triple attacks.

Also the plot seems to be luigi bumps into a book case causing sticker star's book to fall out and that's the excuse for why it's sticker star stuff. Ontop of that in regards to the settings there's been a few screenshots showing the "real" world becoming paper craft in the background so I'd guess that's why it's a bit more standard, so they could blend it a bit better. At least that's what I'm assuming.

Iunno, I think people are being weirdly harsh on it when the M+L team has been pretty consistent with making good games. At least I haven't really been burned by it yet.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Hello I reviewing a 3DS game but I don't have the hardware to capture gameplay. What the gently caress. Couldn't just ask the other 2 for their's or got them to do it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i love andre

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

i love andre

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gamexplain is...bad

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

What are they explaining anyway?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

What are they explaining anyway?

Game

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

*Gam

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Are you surprised? Look who is posting.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is it good or no

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Are you surprised? Look who is posting.

It Andre, the face that only noirstronaut can love.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
someone should xplain to them basic enunciation

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Why is his face all melty, is that why he has trouble speaking

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I hate to be an apologist, but 1) Ash is not a full-time employee, 2) the other two guys do not live anywhere close to him and 3) they probably need their 3DS capture software for their own work.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Thanks for the xplanation, friend.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
let's love andre together

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nintendo UK store has a preorder bonus for Paper Jam:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Not really? Like if you take out the dream dungeons dream team had pretty standard locales such a desert area, grass area, mountain area and so on. With Bowser's Inside Story as well all the more unique dungeons were in Bowser and done on the 2d maps, which I guess may have been taken out because Paper Mario's abilities on the maps seem to all be about how he's 2d and can go into cracks and stuff. I preferred the 3d maps anyway so this doesn't bother me much at all.

Also thread, what is the opinion on Youkai watch? I've been thinking of getting it because I remember it was really big in Japan but now that it's out in the west how does everyone like it?

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also thread, what is the opinion on Youkai watch? I've been thinking of getting it because I remember it was really big in Japan but now that it's out in the west how does everyone like it?
The goddamn worthless map has really turned me off from this game. There's a ton of sidequests you can do but good luck trying to figure out where the hell you're supposed to go... some quests do mark it if you go into quest log details, and some don't (they mark the origin of the quest or something like that, but tell you to go to some other place... that you might not remember or be familiar with). It's almost always fetch quests too though, so it gets repetitive fairly quickly. The boss fights have been fun and probably the best part for me, the regular monster fights not so much, and catching stuff in the game is a pain in the rear end. I'll probably keep playing it but I don't really feel like I want to most of the time...

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

if your favorite part of pokemon is running around and collecting monster pals, you'll probably like yokai watch. if your favorite part of pokemon is the competitive metagame, you should probably look elsewhere.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Yokai watch is also hilarious.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

if your favorite part of pokemon is running around and collecting monster pals, you'll probably like yokai watch. if your favorite part of pokemon is the competitive metagame, you should probably look elsewhere.

I am absolutely terrible at the competitive metagame aspect of pokemon. So Yokai watch sounds like the game for me!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I've heard that Yokai Watch 2 improves on the first in every way, can anyone speak as to whether or not the map is better there too? Because I'm loving the game but yeah the map is bunk.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fawf posted:

I've heard that Yokai Watch 2 improves on the first in every way, can anyone speak as to whether or not the map is better there too? Because I'm loving the game but yeah the map is bunk.

it's better in every way

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I thought the one that came to the US was Yokai Watch 2.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

raditts posted:

I thought the one that came to the US was Yokai Watch 2.

WRNG!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fawf posted:

I love Yokai Watch but yea 2 is better in literally every way. The map is less spread out and annoying to run across as well as all the other stuff.

Hopefully Nintendo hitching all their not pokemon horses to its wagon means we'll get 2 soonish.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They were cranking out Inazuma Eleven games by the end so I'll be shocked if Yokai Watch 2 isn't out by September of next year - maybe even earlier if they want YW3 to launch simultaneously worldwide.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't seen it mentioned here but Puzzle & Dragons is getting another 3DS game, Puzzle & Dragons X: http://www.4gamer.net/games/325/G032501/20151119045/ Do you think NOA/E will bother with this one?

The 3DS Monster Strike game is due out in about a month, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I haven't seen it mentioned here but Puzzle & Dragons is getting another 3DS game, Puzzle & Dragons X: http://www.4gamer.net/games/325/G032501/20151119045/ Do you think NOA/E will bother with this one?

The 3DS Monster Strike game is due out in about a month, too.

By the time they released the 3DS PAD it was like 2 years behind the mobile game in terms of gameplay :/