Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I'd like to meet one of the evil Catholic Icke-lizard overlords one day and thank them for the good things they've done for the planet.

PittTheElder posted:

:psyduck:

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here, given how out of context that comment is, but I really just can't figure out what else could have been trying to say. People in the comments are saying "horde", but that doesn't really describe the NDP presence in Saskatchewan so...

Given the NP article bunny posted and what it says about previous unfortunate on-camera utterances he's had, "NDP whore" sounds like it would be right up his alley.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Dreylad posted:

I've noticed a ton of new breweries east of Toronto but 200 in Ontario alone? Holy crap that's a lot of craft breweries. I wonder how many the ~market~ can really support.

Was the big boom after 2007-2008? Because I don't really remember many before I moved to Quebec, but when I came back there seemed to be tons.
There are a lot of breweries making dumb gimmick or insipid beers. The bubble will eventually pop when your average beer drinker gets enough beer experience to identify better beers within style categories.

Most breweries here still can't balance their roast, malt and hops basics. But they just hop the poo poo out of it and people don't seem to mind.

They've recently started playing with sour beers which is not an easy brew. Most are terrible.

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish

Dreylad posted:

Quality of ingredients, product, or both?

In my pet product I've been trying to get some local farmers I know to consider growing hops/barley/etc with the growth of the craft beer industry in Durham, but it's still not as lucrative year-to-year as cash crops like soy and corn.

Products, processes. I'm giving everyone quality constructive feedback when I can. I trained as a brewer so I'm a fresh set of eyes.

Ingredients, I don't know. I think Ontario is going to have a pretty significant learning curve on hops especially. Odd varieties grow here with slightly different flavours and aromas. We probably can't grow the really popular west coast stuff, but we'll have other stuff for sure and it'll add a colour to the palette so to speak.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Rona Ambrose is a spineless arthropod

quote:

Tory Interim Leader #RonaAmbrose accepts MP #TomLukiwski's explanation for video, says difficult to determine what was said. #cdnpoli

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

saints gambit posted:

Products, processes. I'm giving everyone quality constructive feedback when I can. I trained as a brewer so I'm a fresh set of eyes.

Ingredients, I don't know. I think Ontario is going to have a pretty significant learning curve on hops especially. Odd varieties grow here with slightly different flavours and aromas. We probably can't grow the really popular west coast stuff, but we'll have other stuff for sure and it'll add a colour to the palette so to speak.

From a growing perspective, the shifting climate is opening up land that wouldn't be any good for hop growing normally. If we can stop paving over good farmland I think there'd be a decent market for brewers to buy locally, if they could afford it. But I have to admit I'm ignorant from a brewer's perspective in the impact soil, water, etc. has on the flavour of the crop.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
I don't hear a D in that video but I don't think he said whore. It seems out of place considering the tone of his speech, I dunno.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I find it surprising he would say 'whore' in a speech like that, tbh. :shrug:

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
---

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 2, 2016

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Maybe I'm not sensitive enough to this issue because I am a walking check list of privileges and therefore have an easy time shrugging off mean comments that others might find more hurtful, but I really have trouble caring about some politician using salty language, even if it has a nasty gendered component to it. I find almost everything else our "leaders" do to be bad enough already without even thinking about what they say in some meeting with constituents.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

:psyduck:

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here, given how out of context that comment is, but I really just can't figure out what else could have been trying to say. People in the comments are saying "horde", but that doesn't really describe the NDP presence in Saskatchewan so...

I've listened to this thing with my speakers blasting two dozen times, and he 100% called her a whore. There is no "d" in there at all.

Helsing posted:

Maybe I'm not sensitive enough to this issue because I am a walking check list of privileges and therefore have an easy time shrugging off mean comments that others might find more hurtful, but I really have trouble caring about some politician using salty language, even if it has a nasty gendered component to it. I find almost everything else our "leaders" do to be bad enough already without even thinking about what they say in some meeting with constituents.

People in power should have more composure than the Grade 10 students I yell at for swearing in the classroom. If they can't even control themselves, how can they be trusted with anything important?

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 2, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Melian Dialogue posted:

I disagree wholeheartedly. I expect a little bit of professionalism from an elected official. If you couldn't get away with saying that in a board room or in the public sector, then definitely you shouldn't get away with saying it as an elected official. The "anti-PC" crowd has really gotten stupid and worked up about the gall of people to expect their leadership not to use gendered slurs.

I feel like lately I'm becoming more of an SJW just from reading awful Reddit posts about "freeze peach" and "censorship" from the PC crowd, but I don't think anyone should get away with that kind of unprofessional behaviour.

:siren: You and I have :agreed: on something! :siren:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

All I see is Dale Gribble yammering on about inane poo poo

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Professor Shark posted:

People in power should have more composure than the Grade 10 students I yell at for swearing in the classroom. If they can't even control themselves, how can they be trusted with anything important?

Uh oh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ2FmGOU4tE

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 2, 2016

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"Anti-PC" people are guilty of every single thing they decry in "SJWs", and they're racist sexists on top of that.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Melian Dialogue posted:

Yawn, Iktanski, this kind of gotcha crap is pretty stupid unless you can quote Professor Shark actually duplicitous defending Trudeau after his outburst in Parliament.

Guess what? Trudeau doing it was bad, thats why he formally apologized. That Tory MP refuses to formally apologize. In addition, yelling "gently caress" is way different than yelling a gendered slur.

This story is gotcha crap. The guy probably said horde. The tone of the speech was otherwise polite and the audio quality was bad. Maybe he did say whore but there's a lot of room to give him the benefit of the doubt that he just didn't annunciate a D enough that somebody's lovely cellphone could pick it up. That wouldn't do though, let's publish the story with the headline "Sask. MP Tom Lukiwski denies calling female politician a 'whore'".

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

brucio posted:

I don't hear a D in that video but I don't think he said whore. It seems out of place considering the tone of his speech, I dunno.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, but there's nothing else that really fits there either.

Plus as Bunny's link points out, this would not be the first time he's said something like that:

Tom Lukiwski posted:

“There’s A’s and there’s B’s. The A’s are guys like me, the B’s are homosexual faggots with dirt on their fingernails that transmit diseases,”

:v:

Peter Kent: I demand JT apologize!
Speaker Scheer: Uhh, he did that like 10 seconds ago. :psyduck:

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 19, 2015

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I can't help but smiling at this right now, though I know in a few years time this photo will make me want to punch the monitor.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

PittTheElder posted:

That's exactly what I'm thinking, but there's nothing else that really fits there either.

Plus as Bunny's link points out, this would not be the first time he's said something like that:

In 1991, he said a bad thing.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

Melian Dialogue posted:

I disagree wholeheartedly. I expect a little bit of professionalism from an elected official. If you couldn't get away with saying that in a board room or in the public sector, then definitely you shouldn't get away with saying it as an elected official. The "anti-PC" crowd has really gotten stupid and worked up about the gall of people to expect their leadership not to use gendered slurs.

I feel like lately I'm becoming more of an SJW just from reading awful Reddit posts about "freeze peach" and "censorship" from the PC crowd, but I don't think anyone should get away with that kind of unprofessional behaviour.

Sure. I'm just saying that lot's of behavior that is considered "professional" or is accepted by pros bothers me more than this. I am a lot more bothered by Brad Lavigne working for Hill + Knowlton or Brian Topp founding a firm with Ken Boesenkool. Complaining about unprofessional language from our politicians feels to me like complaining about how uncomfortable the deck chairs on the Titanic are.

The only thing that bothers me here at all is -- assuming this guy did say "whore" and not "horde" -- that unfair way that we sexualize female politicians far more than their male counterparts. But even then, practically everything else that politicians do bothers me more than this.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So am I the only one kinda uncomfortable by 22 minutes sexualizinf Catherine McKenna this week?

(Then again it seems to be the thing about cabinet now)

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish

Helsing posted:

Sure. I'm just saying that lot's of behavior that is considered "professional" or is accepted by pros bothers me more than this. I am a lot more bothered by Brad Lavigne working for Hill + Knowlton or Brian Topp founding a firm with Ken Boesenkool. Complaining about unprofessional language from our politicians feels to me like complaining about how uncomfortable the deck chairs on the Titanic are.

The only thing that bothers me here at all is -- assuming this guy did say "whore" and not "horde" -- that unfair way that we sexualize female politicians far more than their male counterparts. But even then, practically everything else that politicians do bothers me more than this.

Just a horde of female politicians, sweeping down the hill into the Byward Market laying waste to the pedestrian mall and pushing the patriarchy into the Rideau.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Go fuddle duddle yourself :mad:

PittTheElder posted:

:v:

Yikes

Also, this guy definitely called her a whore

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

saints gambit posted:

Just a horde of female politicians, sweeping down the hill into the Byward Market laying waste to the pedestrian mall and pushing the patriarchy into the Rideau.

Well poo poo, how did I get in on this?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Nenshi seems like a pretty cool guy, don't get the hate for him

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...lick=sf_globefb

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't think anyone here but PT6A has any strong negative feelings about him.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

saints gambit posted:

:gizz:

Professor Shark posted:

Go fuddle duddle yourself :mad:

Yikes

Also, this guy definitely called her a whore

Is there a link to video or audio of the comment?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Helsing posted:

:gizz:

Is there a link to video or audio of the comment?

I don't know about that comment, but I just listened to an interview with the reporter who recorded this one and tried to report on it. Highlights: she called the guy and asked him about what he said/ did you call her a whore, he said "Oh no I would never use that word, but if I did, I apologize!", then phoned back a few minutes later and said that his team had told him he'd used the word "hordes", and when she pointed out that didn't make a lot of sense he hung up on her ahahaha

He should have stuck with "horde", when your voice is going to be scrutinized you don't add any more vowels or consonants than you need to.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

So it's like when Anthony Weiner was asked if he had sent out pictures of his dick and his response was "I can neither confirm nor disconfirm (sic) that those pictures are of me" and you're left wondering why anyone thought such a weak denial was even worth making.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
like you'd think that a guy would recognize his own dick

or know whether he'd photographed it and sent it out to people

but whatever

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

DariusLikewise posted:

Everybody loves him, except for Calgary property developers and PT6A.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

MUSLIMS ARE THE REAL BIGOTS

ITS A RELIGION NOT A RACE

WELCOME TO 1984

WERE LOSING ARE IDENTY

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 20, 2015

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hm, i think I have these guys popping up in my inbox as well. Oh well, idiots gonna idiot.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Arivia posted:

Hey, it's 2015 and we're still forcibly sterilizing Indigenous women. Go Canada!

Just taking our ques from our #1 Ally and Bastion of Freedom and Democracy in the Middle East http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israel-admits-ethiopian-women-were-given-birth-control-shots.premium-1.496519

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

THC posted:

MUSLIMS ARE THE REAL BIGOTS

ITS A RELIGION NOT A RACE

WELCOME TO 1984

WERE LOSING ARE IDENTY

I took the first page worth of Globe comments and ran it through a word cloud generator.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I ran it through a Markov Chain generator. It was no less coherent.

quote:

I don't you and stand decide attack on them. This lady recent campaign when this hilarious. We are losers, always willing to go the Mosque....whether kids. An awful thing that extra step and article for so many are clearly brave "men" we work ourselves up to prove just how far they specifically whilst she is picking a single individual.

How many people to watch out just how far they were willing my sidewalk to know them down at any second is hilario who raised to "look Canada.

Remember during we have our society are a threat to jaywalk to the woman was Muslims must she is picking up a woman was some of they were willing the recent campaign when this:

What brave "men" we have been, always have been, always will be and the woman in Toronto -- occurred Monday. Where are repair the Mosque?rom the gta. Hope the crazed Canadian."

No surprise, not Canada.

Robert these perpetrators are a tiny minority in case Mrs Jones goes all postal in her Hyundai.

Before we work our country from the "evil" the 2 losers, always will be and they prey on them.

I don't need to "look Canadian population might away.

Find they were bravely became those who could get some facts around this lady recovers quickly.

1 repair the "evil" they were just 2 total pricks who commit these perpetrators are are the answer.

When the niqab ban how far they were willing that a stupid headline and this:

How many people to watch the police catch the greatest that innocent woman was Muslim, Jew, black or Martian, some facts are clearly brainless.

This poor lady recovers quickly.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Canadian Political Megathread: We are losers, always willing to go the Mosque...

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Canadian Political Megathread: Muslim, Jew, black or Martian, some facts are clearly brainless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Well, this poor lady recovers quickly. We ain't done with our sex drug party yet!