Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

ELI PORTER posted:

90% winrate in 10 matches? drat that's like, 9 out of 10 matches.

You math. Congrats.

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Any thoughts on the Skoda T-40 yet? It looks like the hybrid of a Cromwell and a VK 30.02 D. I'm tempted to pick it up because there's not enough fast higher tier premiums.

Yeah it plays like a T-25, and seems to me without being bothered to check:

1. Slightly slower than the t-25, but accelerates faster.
2. Has a better gun. The aim times are about the same, but the Skoda seems to have a much lower bloom. The T-25 has the better ROF, but the Skoda has way better average damage. Not sure about the pen.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

stephenfry posted:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/473029-type-59-giveaway-contest-2-proving-ground/#topmost

isn't it spectacularly counterproductive of WGNA to heavily incentivize playing a game mode which means actively avoiding other players? This is not how you MMO, WG. :psyduck: perhaps they want the game to die?

Yeah but Type 59. Even a lovely chance of getting one is worth it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

There are other players in that mode and sometimes they will yell at you for killstealing.

what's the downside?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Prav posted:

what's the downside?

despite the proving ground games giving no rewards and not registering in stats, you can still apparently go blue for shooting teammates

i don't want to confirm this

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Cardiac posted:

Those rampage missions are going to be poo poo. Well poo poo if you don't have a Leopard, BatChat or Russian Medium, since those are the only tanks that can realistically grab a flag and get away with it.
They are also going to be poo poo going solo, since a coordinated team is even more powerful in this mode.
Good work WG in loving up a new mode.
The good part is that you earn a credits while playing tier 10s. I was running a T57/T110E5/IS-7 and was going like 20-50 k plus per battle (my fast meds are the Fatton and CentAX).
Also, the BatChat is completely broken in this mode since you also reload on the repair zones, effectively making you reload in shorter time than it takes to empty a clip.

Finally, the Centurion AX is loving fun to play.

I know its going to be poo poo. But get a platoon together and just try and grind them out. The worst one is getting 5 kills with the arty/airstrike in 1 game. If the players are actually trying you cant do it. Even if they are total poo poo the time limit fucks you.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prav posted:

what's the downside?

You're playing Proving Ground mode.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Since I'm an idiot with bad spending habits I bought a Sherman Revalorise and it's... good?

Great gun with some gun depression and half-decent gun handling on a mobile platform makes a decent second line tank.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Gervasius posted:

Since I'm an idiot with bad spending habits I bought a Sherman Revalorise and it's... good?

Great gun with some gun depression and half-decent gun handling on a mobile platform makes a decent second line tank.

I was thinking about buying one myself, and this post makes it even more likely!

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Any word on when they're going to release it on NA?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Got the heavy and medium final missions for the first personal mission set done with honors on the first try, but this TD mission is really loving me over. I literally need to get 6 hits with my JP2 and a single kill, but arty is making that poo poo nigh impossible.

Any word on when they're going to release it on NA?

Probably the thanksgiving event, considering the tank silhouette for "setting the table for a guest" is a Sherman.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Exia00 posted:

I know its going to be poo poo. But get a platoon together and just try and grind them out. The worst one is getting 5 kills with the arty/airstrike in 1 game. If the players are actually trying you cant do it. Even if they are total poo poo the time limit fucks you.

I tried, and will run a lot more.
But since I don't have any fast mediums (only Fatton and CAX) capturing the flag is going to be painful.
Damage is no problem, since getting a 10k damage game in the T57 is not that hard.
I am almost tempted to freeXP the Obj140, but then I would have to grind the loving credits as well.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
I've got most of my mods set up but for some reason. The gun constraints mod doesnt show them on the minimap anymore so it's quite a pain to play fartillery. More than usual anyway.

Has there been any word out on when the korean patton will be introduced to the shop. That may be the only premium I would want to buy.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

RocketSurgeon posted:

I've got most of my mods set up but for some reason. The gun constraints mod doesnt show them on the minimap anymore so it's quite a pain to play fartillery. More than usual anyway.

Has there been any word out on when the korean patton will be introduced to the shop. That may be the only premium I would want to buy.

Only for SEA apparently, so P2W I guess?

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
Wasnt the 59 patton exclusive to some server aswell? How long did it take them to backpedal from that?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

RocketSurgeon posted:

Wasnt the 59 patton exclusive to some server aswell? How long did it take them to backpedal from that?

Oh, are you talking about the 59-Patton?
I meant the Pershing with 192 pen on the regular shell that would only be sold at SEA.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RocketSurgeon posted:

Replace minimapLines.xc in your xvm folder with an older version that has the lines you want.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
even the launcher is borked in my install.

there's a new drop down box next to the play button, can anyone tell me what it does?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Screenshots and details for the Czech tanks coming in 9.13: http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.com/2015/11/913-hd-screenshots-st-vz-39-skoda-t25.html

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
9.13 Supertest notes.

So it seems that Fjords is the next shitpile map to get tossed in the trash along with Hidden Village and South Coast. Hopefully Sacred Valley and Westfield get shitcanned next. I mean, that bridge in Westfield is super iconic so I'd prefer if they somehow fixed the map, but it sure as hell doesn't appear like they ever will. They just constantly make it worse. The northwest being so vital and the east and south being either worthless or worse than worthless makes for an incredibly imbalanced map if your team has too many people choosing to be useless. They're probably better off just making a really long map, with the really steep sides being the edges of the map, and the bridge in the middle.

Oh also they're buffing the VK 3002D again apparently. I know I'm a big fan of it, and let me tell you - there is nothing on it that they can buff without making the tank too overpowered. It already has reasonable handling, armor, and mobility - any buff there and the tank becomes unstoppable. It has 380m view range which is good for its tier. It has good alpha and DPM, such that they cannot reasonably be expected to improve either of those. Maybe they'll buff the 75mm so the poors can be second class citizens compared to the people who can afford to use the short 88? I'm almost certain they can't be putting the WoT Blitz short 88 pen into the regular game, since most of the tanks with the short 88 would need large nerfs if the pen went from 132/171 to 145/195.

Any of you fancy-dancies know anyone on the supertest who can tell me in what way they're buffing my angel? I managed to get the third mark on the VK in 75 games, with these absurd stats:

4500 WN8? I guess the average pubbie is really bad with this tank, which is good news for me if I want it to get buffed!

Also did those idiots change WN8 again? I went from 2500ish to 2625 overall for some reason.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

McGavin posted:

Replace minimapLines.xc in your xvm folder with an older version that has the lines you want.

Yess, thank you. I've got no clue how it got messed up in the first place.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

For the VK3002D I'm guessing for the most part you fire APCR out of the short 88? I always liked the way the Indien Panzer looked and heard it was a decent medium, but I was always told that the VK 3002D was a bad grind to get to it and it was basically a VK3001D placed a tier higher.

Edit: Huh, I wonder what they're doing with the German T-25.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The following vehicles were rebalanced (buffed):

* Т-44, SU-122-54, Object 430, SU-101, КV-4, Т-10
* VK 30.02 (D), Ferdinand, Tiger II, Jagdtiger, Leopard prototyp A
* T69, T28, M26 Pershing, T32, T95, M46 Patton, M48A1 Patton
* ARL V39, AMX 12 t, AMX 13 75, AMX M4 mle. 45, Lorraine 40 t
* WZ-131, WZ-132, T-34-3, T-34-2, WZ-111 model 1-4, 113, 121
* Type 5 Chi-Ri

gently caress yeah, buffs to good tanks!

Dvsilverwing posted:

For the VK3002D I'm guessing for the most part you fire APCR out of the short 88? I always liked the way the Indien Panzer looked and heard it was a decent medium, but I was always told that the VK 3002D was a bad grind to get to it and it was basically a VK3001D placed a tier higher.

That's correct, but the 30.02D gets substantially more armor and health than the 30.01D. It's a beefy tank compared to the Comet, T20, even the T-43. Fire APCR all day long and you'll do fine.

Btw the Indien-Pz sucks. If I were a smart man, I would have gone through the Ru 251 instead, but alas I am an idiot.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hah, the chi-ri is finally getting buffed.. that took, what, 1 year or so?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dvsilverwing posted:

Edit: Huh, I wonder what they're doing with the German T-25.

9.13 tank changes.

Yeah, gold from the short 88 is insanely expensive, routinely losing you 30-75 thousand credits in one game, but beyond pen the tank is great in all other ways. Apparently it'll get slight terrain resistance and turning speed buffs. Making the tank accelerate faster, lose less speed over bad terrain, turn faster and climb better isn't needed but hell, buff it more Wargaming I'm going for top 99.99% on the server.

The only change the T-25 needs is pref matchmaking so I can play it more often, or view range to make it not blind. It is a good tank - we were running one for a tier 5 medium skirmish a while back since it just goes forwards very quickly while having a reasonable gun.

e: :frogsiren: Certain TDs are getting absurd HP buffs :frogsiren: 2100 HP JTiger is ludicrous.

e2: T28 goes from 1150 to 1500 (Proto still gets shafted).

also the T-34-3 goes from -3 to -5 degrees gun depression. That's significantly less punishing, and might make that shotgun more workable. I will probably need to try that out on test.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 20, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

113 & 121 buffs. Peoples Republic of China approve.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
A couple tier 8 mediums get penetration buffs on their top gun.
- The T69's 90mm buffed to 181 (was 173)
- Pershing's top gun buffed to 190 (was 180)
- T-44, T-44-100, and Т-54 proto's top gun buffed to 183 (was 175)

Select French autoloaders get better gun handling. (12t, 13 75, Lorraine 40t, Bat-Chat 25t)

A bunch of tanks are now more mobile and have less gun bloom. Always a good thing.

T-34-2 and :siren:T-34-3:siren: get 2 extra degrees of gun depression. Worth a purchase now??

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

2100 HP JTiger is ludicrous.

Oh this is gonna be fun. Also 1500 hp Ferdinand, suck it jp2ailures.

The Lorraine is starting to look outright dangerous with all the buffs it's gotten over time.

e: wait wait wait the WZ-111 1-4 is getting 0,18 track bloom? Yikes.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Prav posted:

Oh this is gonna be fun. Also 1500 hp Ferdinand, suck it jp2ailures.

The Lorraine is starting to look outright dangerous with all the buffs it's gotten over time.

e: wait wait wait the WZ-111 1-4 is getting 0,18 track bloom? Yikes.

1500 hp T28. gently caress why wasn't it that when I was playing it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

subhelios posted:

1500 hp T28. gently caress why wasn't it that when I was playing it.

See, turretless TDs get bigger guns and good frontal armor, but pay for them by being easily killed when flanked. Oh but they're got better frontal armor than the corresponding heavy from that nation and tier, so they need less HP. Oh but if the frontal armor is too good that's bad, so they need glaring weak spots. Also the giant flat spot on the front of them needs to be easily penetrated with gold ammo from same tier tanks even though turretless TDs cannot afford to show side armor and cannot really angle. Oh but the heavy tanks need to get better guns, so now the TDs get a similar gun to their corresponding heavy, but maybe give them better reload time so they get rewarded if they manage to get their gun on target for half a minute while being slow and turretless.

Wait why do these easily penetrated slow turretless tanks have less HP again?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

the entire thread posted:

gently caress why wasn't it that when I was playing it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

See, turretless TDs get bigger guns and good frontal armor, but pay for them by being easily killed when flanked.

:science:"Now let's make every map have only 3 lanes with a mountain in between so flanking is impossible!"
:ussr:"Brilliant! You are now king of Wargaming!"

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Pretty sure more than half the failures in World of Tanks game design can be put squarely on their map design team. That loving rubble in every alley on Stalingrad is incredibly bad for gameplay.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
The IS-8/T-10 just got buffed in this patch, but sure, buff it again next time too, why not?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Honestly that tank needs all the help it can get.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Hellsau posted:

Pretty sure more than half the failures in World of Tanks game design can be put squarely on their map design team. That loving rubble in every alley on Stalingrad is incredibly bad for gameplay.

You're wrong, the terrible map design is cool and good, because it's what finally freed me from tanks. If I hadn't been stymied by rubble every time I tried to flank on Stalingrad I'd still be playing this terrible game.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Hellsau posted:

moreoever, this is why pubbies go east on that map. They just cannot navigate the laboriously designed and stultifyingly blockaded west. Himmelsdorf but worse.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Honestly that tank needs all the help it can get.

The IS-8 has actually been a good tank for awhile, just a little out of place in the line that was generally good at bouncing things.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Spotted this in a Status Report post showing off new emblems:

Have fun, US goons.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

ZombieLenin posted:

I've had screen flickering since the mini-patch and I'm still running Windows 8.1 because :effort:

Luckily it's not too bad, but it tends to really start flickering when I'm running the HD client and find myself in a scrum involving around 5 tanks on each side all shooting at once.

Even then, the game is still playable.

I think I fixed it - my monitor has a 144 refresh rate and World of Tanks had no problem dealing with that in Windows 7. I lowered the refresh rate in World of Tanks to 120, even though my monitor is still set to 144...it seemed to fix my problem, which I actually find to be strange. But then, I just work for a software company; I have no idea how the poo poo works.

Anyway, if you're running a 144 refresh, give this solution a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

stephenfry posted:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/473029-type-59-giveaway-contest-2-proving-ground/#topmost

isn't it spectacularly counterproductive of WGNA to heavily incentivize playing a game mode which means actively avoiding other players? This is not how you MMO, WG. :psyduck: perhaps they want the game to die?

To be fair - if you didn't get the five requisite kills in your very first try in that mode, you might as well just pack it up and move to Irkutsk. It's too bad I can't get any credits or experience AT ALL though, because I did secretly have fun during that one game I played. Of course you will have the good taste not to share that bit of information.