Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Been rolling pugs because they don't snatch dust me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

gently caress an expansion where we kill orcs, give me one where we play as them.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Wafflecopper posted:

gently caress an expansion where we kill orcs, give me one where we play as them.

Would spend :10bux: to play as one of da boyz.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Skandranon posted:

Would spend :10bux: to play as one of da boyz.

You miser.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Tommofork posted:

You miser.

:20bux:? I don't want to go any higher or they'll bankrupt me knowing how much I want to krump doze skweaky runtz.

Skandranon fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 20, 2015

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I don't think I could put a price on playing left4rats as a pack of orks. I'd be a tragic star citizen groupie pouring money at them for extra teef to hang on my belt or extra spikes on my irongob.

e: didn't see your edit haha.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

Ugh that would be good poo poo. Goblin Shaman, Black Orc, Choppa, Squig Herder, annnnnd......something.... yeahhh...

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Snotling!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Could go off the back of Fallout 4 popularity for it.

WAAAGH! WAAAGH never changes.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A bunch of snotlings in a large coat. Posing as a goblin.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Finally caved and bought this game since a couple of my friends are playing it constantly, for better and worse this game was exactly what I was expecting. :v: Need to mess around with the settings a bit because it auto-detected to lowest but that's a bit too ugly, I have a hard time picking out enemies from the environment and an even harder time noticing Gutter dudes and Packmasters in a crowd.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Everyone has trouble spotting packmasters in a crowd. The gutter runners carry bright green blades though which should be a giveaway.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Geight posted:

Finally caved and bought this game since a couple of my friends are playing it constantly, for better and worse this game was exactly what I was expecting. :v: Need to mess around with the settings a bit because it auto-detected to lowest but that's a bit too ugly, I have a hard time picking out enemies from the environment and an even harder time noticing Gutter dudes and Packmasters in a crowd.

I'd recommend going into the options and turning on player outlines to always on, it really helps especially with the furry elf and skaven-sized dwarf.

Also the vermintide twitter 'leaked' (:rolleyes:) that the way you can affect loot in the next patch is choosing loot for a class different than what you're playing. Right now, most of the loot options are for your current class. That's good but I was hoping for being able to choose dice lower than what you rolled. I don't think they've mentioned what the altar does yet though. I'd love to being able to sacrifice a weapon to reroll a trait or even bump a different weapon up in rarity.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Thing is I've always suspected one of their reasons for a random loot system is to encourage you to play more than one class. So if you can only choose loot for a class you're not playing as, it basically encourages you to play as not your favourite class even more often.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Devs are really adamant about wanting people to play all the classes, yeah.

It's a good thing they made all 5 of them really fun.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The elf is ten times as annoying when you always have to hear her at full volume, though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Gimnbo posted:

The elf is ten times as annoying when you always have to hear her at full volume, though.

I can't hear anything over the constant thud of rat heads hitting the floor and the swishing blenderswords.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Gimnbo posted:

Typical lumberfoot

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
The difference in difficulty with even just a mediocre roll of bloodlust on the two handed hammer for dwarf is astounding compared to not having it at all, good lord.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

AndroidHub posted:

The difference in difficulty with even just a mediocre roll of bloodlust on the two handed hammer for dwarf is astounding compared to not having it at all, good lord.

Now imagine it with a near max roll.

I treat Slave Swarms like a health kit.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

AndroidHub posted:

I hit the jackpot with an orange one that rolled the maximum 10% chance on kill for 10% health, and it loving owns.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Vargs posted:

I hit the jackpot with an orange one that rolled the maximum 10% chance on kill for 10% health, and it loving owns.

Like, when you get up the momentum and rats are flying everywhere and Bardin's laughing his head off and your HP is shooting back up.

It is rat-killing nirvana.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Played Horn of Magnus earlier with a real bossy dwarf, he ended up loving up in the finale and getting everyone killed too

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

tofes posted:

Played Horn of Magnus earlier with a real bossy dwarf, he ended up loving up in the finale and getting everyone killed too
I've been exclusively playing dwarf for lack of decent oranges on other chars, but when I switch over I find my replacement is always off alone being a fool or slowly firing his useless crossbow into a group of ten skaven wailing on a poled hero. A good dwarf should be the center/front line (with a shield soldier if possible) while his ranged buddies happily fire over his tiny head from relative safety. A bad dwarf leaves his whole team naked in the breeze.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fans posted:

Could go off the back of Fallout 4 popularity for it.

WAAAGH! WAAAGH never changes.

This would be the greatest thing.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Stringbean posted:

Ugh that would be good poo poo. Goblin Shaman, Black Orc, Choppa, Squig Herder, annnnnd......something.... yeahhh...

I don't even need an entire Orc team, just a single Black Orc Mercenary who somehow got mixed up in Ubersriek, and likes killing rats more than hummies so works with the others. Plenty of opportunity for hilarious dialog.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Skandranon posted:

I don't even need an entire Orc team, just a single Black Orc Mercenary who somehow got mixed up in Ubersriek, and likes killing rats more than hummies so works with the others. Plenty of opportunity for hilarious dialog.

With the Kaptan Bluddflagg voice actor.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I don't see them doing joke characters like that, but if the game stays popular and profitable I guess anything is possible.

I figure we could get a Halfling, a Slayer, or a High Elf (probably a sorcerer), plus whatever other humans that make sense (Sister of Sigmar or a warrior priest, Bretonian Knight?)

As cool as a Saurian or Skink would be I just don't see it lore-wise, aside form the fact that they hate skaven a whole lot, though if they did add characters that didn't get acknowledged by the rest it could be a pretty funny addition (nobody talk to it maybe it will go away.)

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

What would a bretonnian knight bring to the fold that Kruber doesn't already do so? Mind you, the ranged options for a knight would be significantly reduced if not present entirely unless they want to replace the ranged slot for them with a semi-autonomous squire.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ulvirich posted:

The elf's nickname is "Twiggy"

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Coolguye posted:

The elf's nickname is "Twiggy"

"Not now Stunty, I'm still sassing Twiggy."

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Cousin Okri! You've changed!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Ulvirich posted:

What would a bretonnian knight bring to the fold that Kruber doesn't already do so? Mind you, the ranged options for a knight would be significantly reduced if not present entirely unless they want to replace the ranged slot for them with a semi-autonomous squire.

A horse.

Not but in all seriousness probably not a huge deal, but when you break it all down there's not actually a great deal of difference between say the dwarf and Kruber.

I'd probably give the bretonian a magic sword like the flame sword of the wizard but wielded by the knight. Then they wouldn't have blackpowder weapons, so maybe crossbows?

Maybe give him a bastard sword where the special button switches between two handed and one handed mode.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ulvirich posted:

Polearms. All the polearms.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Giving the Brett knight two melee options would be a great way to give his (her? That could be fun) character a unique and flexible playstyle.

E: Actually the Brettonian knight being a woman who clearly gives no fucks about the "knights must be men" law would be fantastic.

moths fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 20, 2015

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Ulvirich posted:

Just call the character Kaptan Bluddflagg as well and go with it. He's an Orc pirate! He's mysterious, like twiggy, so stop asking questions!

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

moths posted:

E: Actually the Brettonian knight being a woman who clearly gives no fucks about the "knights must be men" law would be fantastic.

Have it be like the RPG suggests and have her do a terrible job of pretending to be a man.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

moths posted:

Giving the Brett knight two melee options would be a great way to give his (her? That could be fun) character a unique and flexible playstyle.

Either that, or she's a woman trying to stay disguised as they do down there and absolutely no-one falls for it.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Either that, or she's a woman trying to stay disguised as they do down there and absolutely no-one falls for it.

I want to hear Kruber awkwardly playing along because he doesn't want to embarrass her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skandranon posted:

I want to hear Kruber awkwardly playing along because he doesn't want to embarrass her.

This would be absolutely perfect.

• Locked thread