Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Ema Nymton posted:

I got a little box that converts HDMI to RCA composite video and audio. It's powered by USB and not an AC adapter, which is neat. I'm going to use it to capture non-HD video from my PC on a DVD recorder (things too important for my lovely screen capture program to screw up), but it will also be useful for hooking my laptop and tablet into any old thing that lacks HDMI.

I approve.

I have a similiar looking thing without the logo and the piece of poo poo does nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humpback Or Front
Jun 18, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Man, I've been looking for something like this so I can hook up my Playstation TV to my kitchen television (a portable Salora from the early eighties) now that I've no use for it in the living room anymore (i.e. I played through Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops on it) but all the ones I've looked at are like four times that price. :tipshat:

e: Oh, according to the reviews it's utter poo poo.

You may need something like a hdfury to setup the HDCP encryption type thing on the hdmi cable, otherwise you may not get a signal. That one will probably just decode the signal straight from HDMI to svideo and not provide HDCP.

edit http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Understanding-HDMI-and-HDCP-/10000000177911445/g.html

Humpback Or Front has a new favorite as of 13:04 on Nov 20, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

chompy2 posted:

You may need something like a hdfury to setup the HDCP encryption type thing on the hdmi cable, otherwise you may not get a signal. That one will probably just decode the signal straight from HDMI to svideo and not provide HDCP.

edit http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Understanding-HDMI-and-HDCP-/10000000177911445/g.html

Well according to the reviews of people who got the odd functional specimen, it works (when it works) with PS4 so it should work with a PSTV :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PS4 lets you turn off HDCP though, if it's that.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Bad shoe post incoming (though I like them)

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

At least it's a pretty trip to the ER.

Just booked my wife's birthday dinner at Morimoto Asia, his new restaurant here in Orlando. Super excited for some fantastic sushi.

Trip report please. My wife and I have also been meaning to try it out.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Coredump posted:

Hey a shirt that fits. Link please.

https://www.weightwatchers.com

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

That's not a shirt!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

clockwork automaton posted:

speaking of dumb adulthood purchases

Love a good Penny board. Or is that the Nickel?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

and also

a ticket to see The Cure live in May (my 2nd time seeing them).

Apparently the show sold out in 30 minutes and they had to add a second date because it was so popular. I really lucked out by getting in when I did :v:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Apparently the show sold out in 30 minutes and they had to add a second date because it was so popular. I really lucked out by getting in when I did :v:

You lucky duck! I bet they're awesome live.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Overminty posted:

Do you mix it with milk or water? I thought it was pretty good as protein shakes go.

Milk. Again it's not bad, it just doesn't make me go "oh drat it's like an Oreo milkshake!!!"

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Something was here...

Woof Blitzer has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Nov 21, 2015

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
That's not for a secret santa is it?

loving lol Don. I'm gonna laugh if I'm the one getting that.

Hotel Kpro has a new favorite as of 14:31 on Nov 21, 2015

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Just upgraded my old lappy from a 2 ghz to a 2.6 ghz dual core. Now I can cruise somethingawful in style. :cool:

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
So much christmas gift shopping.

But I had to treat myself, of course.

And the best one, a full-course, unlimited drinks prime rib dinner being put on by my favorite food blogger/cookbook author.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Tulip Candy posted:

Why does that mug have three testicles?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tulip Candy posted:

Making vanilla extract?

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Bip Roberts posted:

Alternatively, why does it have three butt cheeks?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Man, Zooey Deschanel really let herself go.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

and also

Just so we're clear.. are any of these haggard people women?

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Bip Roberts posted:

Never a bad idea to have an extra around, right?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Making vanilla extract?

Yep! Easy gift with minimal effort and big payoff. Great for new friends who I don't know much about yet (but who love to bake).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was going to guess Total Recall mug.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Tulip Candy posted:

Never a bad idea to have an extra around, right?

Link?

E: n/m

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I bought an engagement ring and the wedding band to go with it. It's the most money I've spent in one day since I bought my house in 2005.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

PCOS Bill posted:

Just so we're clear.. are any of these haggard people women?

Yeah they're all women, why not.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

Found here, because there was a Facebook ad promo code that literally dropped it to $1 with prime shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FMJDJ5C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Another code just popped up in my timeline if anyone is still wanting one of these. Will only work once, soooo good luck.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PleasusChrist posted:

Another code just popped up in my timeline if anyone is still wanting one of these. Will only work once, soooo good luck.

Awesome, just got one for $0. Thanks.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Tulip Candy posted:

Oh man, I don't even know what I'd do with that much vanilla extract but that's awesome!

Bose QC-25s; One of my coworkers got a pair and the noise cancelling is amazing. Can't wait to try them on the bus / train.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought a Metallica t-shirt. Sized up (large, as opposed to my medium) so it'll be cool and baggy. I may cut it up, haven't really decided.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bought a Metallica t-shirt. Sized up (large, as opposed to my medium) so it'll be cool and baggy. I may cut it up, haven't really decided.

Does this have a glow in the dark skeleton on the back? I'm pretty sure I had this exact shirt when I was around 13.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Wanamingo posted:

Does this have a glow in the dark skeleton on the back? I'm pretty sure I had this exact shirt when I was around 13.

Probably not, I think that might have only been for the originals. Would be dope tho.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
I bought this for $25 (MicroUSB Endoscope):

It's probably poo poo as it was cheap, and might only last a month or two, but now I can see up my bum in the back of server cabinets and stuff where I can not fit my head in.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

A ticket to a documentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5AC9jy6cE

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Kosh Naranek posted:

It's probably poo poo as it was cheap, and might only last a month or two, but now I can see up my bum in the back of server cabinets and stuff where I can not fit my head in.

Don't forget the lube!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Kosh Naranek posted:

That is actually pretty cool. I need something like this. Got a link?

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That is actually pretty cool. I need something like this. Got a link?

AliExpress

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

LTBS posted:

Bad shoe post incoming (though I like them)

WHAT ARE THOSE?????

Coleridge49
May 8, 2007

johnnyratbastard posted:

WHAT ARE THOSE?????

I'm not an expert but I think it's a shoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kosh Naranek posted:

Hah, I picked up a 45' USB camera similar to that to scope the plumbing in my house. I don't know if they're similar in any way but mine's actually pretty decent for the ~$25 I paid for it. Very flexible cable though, makes it almost impossible to push down a pipe with any bend. I need to get some proper stiff pipe fishing... thing