Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

On the page where Blast is revealed, it's only a window of your webcam feed.

BLAST WAS YOU

Blast is actually revealed to be Murata redrawing the comic. You'll scroll to one page and in the next he'll look even more impressive like serious Saitama. ONE will incorporate a gif into the series so you can see him rapidly improving the comic in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe Blast is actually Sweet Mask, who has assumed another identity to gatekeep at A1 rank.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

SpacePig posted:

King is S Rank, and hasn't displayed any powers yet besides looking menacing.

Yeah, but King's whole shtick is that everyone is convinced he's some crazy super brute. So he'd still fit just because of the "King Engine", which everyone assumes is him being totally down to gently caress poo poo up 120% of the time.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
cool rear end show!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SpacePig posted:

King is S Rank, and hasn't displayed any powers yet besides looking menacing.

Uh King has some sick rear end video game skills, tyvm

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Gyges posted:

Maybe Blast is actually Sweet Mask, who has assumed another identity to gatekeep at A1 rank.

I've honestly been thinking this. The implication seemed to be that he was currently acting as a gatekeeper for S but I seems like he's got a bit more klout than he should.

Also it seems like the case was that anyone could get to S if they were strong enough, but Mask has prevented that from being true.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

TriffTshngo posted:

I don't know what purpose a false #1 hero would serve considering a lot of the monsters that appear have little to no knowledge of the Hero Association, nor do they seem to care.

To keep the S-Class and A-Class in line, in case they get any funny ideas about doing a heel turn and becoming villains, the HA doesn't personally give a poo poo about the monsters in that sense, that's the heroes's job.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Death Bot posted:

I've honestly been thinking this. The implication seemed to be that he was currently acting as a gatekeeper for S but I seems like he's got a bit more klout than he should.

Also it seems like the case was that anyone could get to S if they were strong enough, but Mask has prevented that from being true.

He's got a lot of clout cause he's S class level while also being a model hero in the way the Association wants. Anyone can get to S class if they're strong enough, but anyone doing so the normal way of rising through the ranks isn't actually that strong, so the only new additions are people who are placed in their outright, like Genos. Not to mention that most people don't want to be in S class.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

King is the only hero worthy of being an S rank, I think you'll find.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

Death Bot posted:

Genocyber posted:

He's got a lot of clout cause he's S class level while also being a model hero in the way the Association wants. Anyone can get to S class if they're strong enough, but anyone doing so the normal way of rising through the ranks isn't actually that strong, so the only new additions are people who are placed in their outright, like Genos. Not to mention that most people don't want to be in S class.

He also generally seems to provide PR advice for the Hero Association on matters relating to heroes. He was asked to give advice on Saitama's promotion, for example. He has clout because the Association trusts his judgement, at least where PR is concerned.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Mask also appears to be the only hero they have on that level of strength who's willing to be that sort of spokesperson. Bang is the most level headed of the bunch but he doesn't seem to be particularly interested in it. All the others are too insane or preoccupied with doing their jobs/being self-absorbed assholes to actually do any kind of public speaking or anything.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

TriffTshngo posted:

Mask also appears to be the only hero they have on that level of strength who's willing to be that sort of spokesperson. Bang is the most level headed of the bunch but he doesn't seem to be particularly interested in it. All the others are too insane or preoccupied with doing their jobs/being self-absorbed assholes to actually do any kind of public speaking or anything.

I imagine Watchdog Man is a hit with the kids

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Watchdog Man is an unholy nightmare given flesh.

So... maybe?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
It's like the way the Hero Association works is a comedic commentary on bureaucracy

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I mean his costume is modelled after an akita and they're super goddamn cute so yes

as I type this mine has torn off in pursuit of a bug

a good watch dog

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
When Watchdog Man spots something, he reveals his true form: Blast.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Baal posted:

Uh King has some sick rear end video game skills, tyvm

Yu Yu Hakusho has taught me that you're royally screwed if you don't have at least one guy on your team who owns at video games. King is very important.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
The ideal situation is King remote-piloting one of Bofoy's robots with a Super Famicom controller.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
King playing video games with Terence T. D'Arby.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

RIP D'Arby

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/9yTiV

The latest chapter was updated, new pages at the beginning.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

http://imgur.com/a/9yTiV

The latest chapter was updated, new pages at the beginning.

#Murata'd

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just wanna see Murata's Devil Garou form already and Psychos, Murata you gently caress, I love and hate you.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I really hope a future villain, to establish its superiority to humans, challenges Earth's strongest warrior (King) to any contest of his choosing, with the fate of the Earth at stake. Needless to say, the villain would have no clue what he's got himself into. At the very least it would make a good filler chapter.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Genocyber posted:

Yeah this is what I think. Sweet Mask is both a PR person and he gives the A through C class the idea that he's the one preventing them from entering S Class, when in actual fact to get in S Class you just need to be strong enough to bypass the rank system altogether. It keeps the lower dudes in line thinking there's a way for them to get promoted that high like they did from C to A class when in fact they can't.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

mabels big day posted:

I really hope a future villain, to establish its superiority to humans, challenges Earth's strongest warrior (King) to any contest of his choosing, with the fate of the Earth at stake. Needless to say, the villain would have no clue what he's got himself into. At the very least it would make a good filler chapter.

Wasn't there a recent gag chapter just like this?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Wasn't there a recent gag chapter just like this?

Can't remember if it was here or the ONE thread. I could've sworn Fubuki challenged Saitama, Genos and King to a contest, contract included and everything and King destroyed every single one of them because they decided on video game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was Murata.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Anybody have a link to that chapter?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

RareAcumen posted:

Can't remember if it was here or the ONE thread. I could've sworn Fubuki challenged Saitama, Genos and King to a contest, contract included and everything and King destroyed every single one of them because they decided on video game.

Oh yeah, I think it was the Blizzard group. Well, yeah, I agree that King should get some kind of quirky moment in the spotlight for his virtues, like the other non-Saitama heroes. I think it'd be neat if something gave him the courage to take up Saitama's advice to do the work to become strong.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Hunt11 posted:

Anybody have a link to that chapter?

http://imgur.com/a/fTIQJ

And the missing page

loving King looks so badass.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I had totally forgot about that. So much so that I didn't think it actually happened so I thought it was just a good idea I had....

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Saitama's reaction speeds are impossibly fast, yet he still loses video games to complete normals. That's how lovely he is at them.

King is the best Hero though, Metal Bat is second.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama's reaction speeds are impossibly fast, yet he still loses video games to complete normals. That's how lovely he is at them.

King is the best Hero though, Metal Bat is second.

Saitama is bad at:

Having hair
Crushing mosquitoes
Playing video games

The last one is especially fair though because he has to focus on not crushing the controller while he's playing them.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The King Engine is the best thing ever.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

It's not the normal king engine. Look at the character used.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Menacing.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

complete normals.

King is far from a "complete normal". He's the loving king.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

H... Ham-san?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I see they are different, what is the other character though?