Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Would watch the hell out of that production, day one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

That's really cool but I can see why it was never made, because I can not believe that anyone could kill that Caesar with something so simple as a dagger.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I guess that's the point. Even if you're the baddest, most flamboyant dude in Future Space-Rome, you can still be brought down by a knife and a group of traitors.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

TwoPair posted:

That's really cool but I can see why it was never made, because I can not believe that anyone could kill that Caesar with something so simple as a dagger.

It wasn't? Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like it at least had a dress rehearsal.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I only saw the design pictures. I guess the production photos didn't load right for some reason on my phone

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is that Japanese Ghost Rider?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is that Japanese Ghost Rider?

Sunfire from Age of Apocalypse. A great design, I've always thought.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Sunfire from Age of Apocalypse. A great design, I've always thought.

It could do without the :japan: design on the mask, but the rest of it owns hard, when it's drawn as an inferno with enough shapes picked out that your brain sees a person in there. I'm not a fan of depictions where it looks like the Human Torch in weird bondage gear.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Those are some delicate man panties.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

So Artemidorus was actually the Riddler?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Also Doctor Who depending on how stupid you want to get

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Which reminds me—if we're talking great costumes, try beating this look:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Squizzle posted:

Which reminds me—if we're talking great costumes, try beating this look:

I think that came about because Gorshin refused to wear that stupid onesie with a question-mark on it after a while, and then got imported into the comics.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also Gorshin just went "Uh, guys, I HAVE a green 3-piece suit. I'll bring it to wardrobe and you can slap some question marks on it."

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
I always liked the Archangel look. Even the 80s tastic magenta lines. Metal Death Wings loving rule :black101:

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Toadstrieb posted:

All of this, yes. I think Robert downy Jr. has a bit of an hourglass figure, too (may just be skinny-fat) and he does atleast from time to time have to fit into these suits for the films. Maybe that's an odd thing to notice, but as a somewhat high wasted man myself I'm like Jesus dude if you can hide that poo poo with your billion dollar walking tank uniform, do it, lol.

Edit: This got me thinking that all of the movie costumes, atleast for the avengers films, kind of suck. Thor's in particular really gets to me:

What a hot mess of lines and panels. The torso section is dark and narrow, with that odd metal(?) V that really doesn't look like it'd be much use as armor, and then we have a 3 part loin cloth hanging out down there. The floating, off the shoulders cape looks pretty absurd, too--Hemsworth is a big guy, but it shrinks him. Also, bare hands, why? If Cap's duds can be Ultimates-influenced, why not Thor's? Always thought that costume was crazy clean looking and perfect for a modern take on the character.

:smith:

Ah well.

Still not as bad as the Avengers Captain America costume. God, that zipper...:psyduck:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Never understood why people hated that costume so much. I liked it.

I think his getup in the first half of Winter Soldier was easily his coolest costume though, was pretty sad that he went back to the weird one from the first movie at the end.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Never understood why people hated that costume so much. I liked it.

It looks ok at best from the front, while from behind it looks like bad pajamas. For live action that doesn't really work to convey "super soldier."

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Easily the best movie costume for Cap, I'd say, though Winter Soldier being an actually pretty good movie prejudices me in the direction of the "stealth suit". Taking the red and white out kind of kills it for a mass market recognizability, I guess.

Toadstrieb fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 22, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cover your stupid ears, Steve.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm more disturbed by his weirdly flat crotch.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

But the actor needs to be able to hear.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Cover your stupid ears, Steve.

That was part of what made the helmet in Avengers looks so goofy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

That was part of what made the helmet in Avengers looks so goofy.

There has to be a compromise. Spider-man can do it!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I thought everybody agreed that Cap's best costume in the films was civvies plus the shield.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

qntm posted:

I thought everybody agreed that Cap's best costume in the films was civvies plus the shield.

I'd really rather the MCU not turn into Smallville.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

But the actor needs to be able to hear.

So does the character. Anyone who's been in war will know how important ability to hear is.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I actually liked Cap's World War II costume the best, from the first movie and the end of the second.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

qntm posted:

It's the costume he wears in the shows when he punches Hitler. That's the best movie Cap costume.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Toadstrieb posted:

Easily the best movie costume for Cap, I'd say, though Winter Soldier being an actually pretty good movie prejudices me in the direction of the "stealth suit". Taking the red and white out kind of kills it for a mass market recognizability, I guess.

The only thing that doesn't work for me are the Avenger logos, but otherwise I totally agree.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I actually liked Cap's World War II costume the best, from the first movie and the end of the second.

Chris Evans was constantly fighting to just use that one so it was probably the most comfortable too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Chris Evans was constantly fighting to just use that one so it was probably the most comfortable too.

I applaud the film makers for hiding how bulky and uncomfortable most of his suits obviously are in most of the action sequences. Pretty much every photo from the sets, Evans has this "I can't wait to get this off" look on his face.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gwyneth Paltrow has a funny story about filming IM3 and how for three movies she's heard constant complaining from RDJ about how uncomfortable the suit was so she was dreading her turn. Then when it finally came she says it was perfectly fine and he was just being a wuss.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Just what exactly is he supposed to be storing in those pouches

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if that's why it's the one he grabs in Winter Soldier?

Calaveron posted:

Just what exactly is he supposed to be storing in those pouches

Freedom.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I applaud the film makers for hiding how bulky and uncomfortable most of his suits obviously are in most of the action sequences. Pretty much every photo from the sets, Evans has this "I can't wait to get this off" look on his face.

Read anything specific from him about what made them so miserable to wear?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Toadstrieb posted:

Read anything specific from him about what made them so miserable to wear?

Nah, it's just this vibe I get looking at it. I could be way off and maybe he sleeps in the things. It just looks like it restricts movement a lot, mostly cuz of the muscle padding.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Nah, it's just this vibe I get looking at it. I could be way off and maybe he sleeps in the things. It just looks like it restricts movement a lot, mostly cuz of the muscle padding.

Fair enough. I can image that the helmet is sweaty as all hell. Then again, he is going bald :vince:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Those little clasp things on his boots looks like they've got mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Martian Manhunter's new look in this week's issue.

I thought martians were these big coneheaded looking angle-ish bug monster things?

Or was that also changed to "weird dong shaped heads and frieza armor" in the Nu52?

• Locked thread