Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

I'm dumb! thanks for the link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Meanwhile, TTW crashes both NMM and FOMM so I guess I'm not playing that.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I never got too far in my first play of this game (Basically to the Strip and no further) about 3 years ago, so all the Fallout 4 stuff motivated me to pick it back up. I've had a pretty fun time of it so far. That said I just ran into my first group of Legion Assassins and ugh. These guys kill me in about 6 seconds, during which I can't even scratch them. I think I knocked off about 4 healthbars on one with my shotgun before dying, if I stick with my usual handguns/rifles I'm lucky to do any damage that even registers, they seem to have DR out the rear end. Even the few times I've run into areas I've been obviously underleveled for I've felt less outclassed than this. Are there decent mods for changing (or just removing) these bozos?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Volt Catfish posted:

Just copy the files in manually, the fomod it tries to create is enormous.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

NMM is poo poo, even ignoring the fact that it can't handle large files. Never use it. Use this version of FOMM instead.
Also read the readmes of mods. TTW's installation instructions would have told you this.

But as Agents said, you can just copy the files yourself. The only real point of a fomod is if you want to easily uninstall the mod and Mod Organizer is the best choice if you want to do that.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

nexus6 posted:

Oh man, setting up graphics mods is giving me a headache.

I've set up ENBSeries and Enhanced Shaders as detailed in the OP and have the following questions
  • is it supposed to make everything look blurry?
  • why does it seem to switch off when I look at my pipboy?
  • how can I improve how things look in the distance? At the moment distance objects and textures look terrible
  • how come only people and creatures within 10 feet of me have shadows?

I'm not sure where I've gone wrong

I've just given up on ENBs, even with supposedly lightweight ones my framerate drops down into the teens unless I turn off all the effects. Nevada Skies does a good enough job of making things look nice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Installing ENBs is a pain in the rear end and it's not really a drag and drop solution. It also depends so, so very much on your preset. And whether or not they require fifty mods to "look right" (I advise skipping these) and yeah. Some of them have the really annoying double-play of being both ENB and SweetFX, and yes, I've definitely had situations where one loads and the other doesn't. Makes things look fantastically bad. I do wonder if that's what you ran into.

I've used Enhanced Shaders, I believe. What you've got going on is a malfunctioning install; there's no way that's right. I'd advise killing it and using the Enhanced Shaders instructions instead of the OP. Manually installing a sweetfx preset? Nahhhhhh.

Also be aware if you use fnv4gb (you should be) some of the ENB files end up in a different place. I think. :v:

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Volt Catfish posted:

Since the armory appears to be dead(?) are there any other respected mods to add more guns and melee poo poo, because I sure love collecting poo poo

It's not dead, I just installed it.

I didn't have aaaany luck doing the premade setup with it, though, and instead just extracted the folder within to its own folder and did "make from folder" with FOMM.

2house2fly posted:

The Divide?-Y

Sarcastic X- -B Hate Tunnelers

The Divide-A

HATE TUNNELERS

fishception fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 21, 2015

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

I never got too far in my first play of this game (Basically to the Strip and no further) about 3 years ago, so all the Fallout 4 stuff motivated me to pick it back up. I've had a pretty fun time of it so far. That said I just ran into my first group of Legion Assassins and ugh. These guys kill me in about 6 seconds, during which I can't even scratch them. I think I knocked off about 4 healthbars on one with my shotgun before dying, if I stick with my usual handguns/rifles I'm lucky to do any damage that even registers, they seem to have DR out the rear end. Even the few times I've run into areas I've been obviously underleveled for I've felt less outclassed than this. Are there decent mods for changing (or just removing) these bozos?

They suck yeah, use armor piercing rounds or explosives. Stay the gently caress away from them as much as possible as most of their weapons then to be inaccurate. At least in my experience.

In my case I'm using Project Nevada and jsawyer mod and that balanced it out for me but without those you're a little poo poo out of luck.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I think I'm having an issue with mods confliciting. I installed Lucky 38 Suite Expansion Expanded and The Strip Open, and my companions just sort of appear at the entrance and appear and disapper. Should I get rid of one of the mods, or should I do something else?

Also, sometimes when I play songs on Radio New Vegas or Old World Blues, sometimes it will play nothing for a period. I have The Secret Stash, More Where That Came From, Mysterious Broadcast Extended, and CONELRAD (Though I haven't had any issues with that one.)

Also, I was wondering if there were any good mods that let me shoot people in the dick, and if there was something that made it easier for Ulysses to recognize the courier as being supportive of an independant mojave.

I should make it clear that I am new to modding, and mostly just installed mods off the OP.

Just to be safe, here's my load order:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
TWO BEARS HIGHFIVING.esp
MBOWBExtended100.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
MBOWBExtended80.esp
CASM.esp
SecretStash80.esp
The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp
CAGE 1.9.3.2.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
StripOpenMain.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
Conelrad 640-1240.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp

Total active plugins: 31
Total plugins: 37

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
How do I make AWOP not unstable as all hell? it's mere existence in my install has made the game more unstable than basically anything else. I got away with uninstalling a few things to lessen the issues but at this point I'm getting really annoyed at having the game run out of memory every 15-45 minutes.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Uninstalling it.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Colon Semicolon posted:

How do I make AWOP not unstable as all hell? it's mere existence in my install has made the game more unstable than basically anything else. I got away with uninstalling a few things to lessen the issues but at this point I'm getting really annoyed at having the game run out of memory every 15-45 minutes.

Never had that specific issue and I, unlike most of creation, actually enjoy AWOP.

Have you done the appropriate .ini tweaks (cores, VRAM, etc ..)? Do you have an exceptionally long mod list? Using ENB/graphics mods?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Mr Tastee posted:

Also, I was wondering if there were any good mods that let me shoot people in the dick, and if there was something that made it easier for Ulysses to recognize the courier as being supportive of an independant mojave.

For the second one: yes! http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44042/

On the subject of Ulysses I also really like this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47510/
It makes the final confrontation feel really cool.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I like the mod where you can have Ulysses as a follower if you didn't kill him.

I wanted to show that wordy dreadlord all the cool poo poo I did to help people in the Mojave.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Mosnar posted:

Never had that specific issue and I, unlike most of creation, actually enjoy AWOP.

Have you done the appropriate .ini tweaks (cores, VRAM, etc ..)? Do you have an exceptionally long mod list? Using ENB/graphics mods?

I dunno what ini tweaks I need to do, but my mod list isn't terribly long at all. I do have FNV4GB, NVAC, and Stutter remover installed. I thought that was enough? I'm running a super light weight ENB for basically color correction and that's it, so that might be hindering things.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Colon Semicolon posted:

I dunno what ini tweaks I need to do, but my mod list isn't terribly long at all. I do have FNV4GB, NVAC, and Stutter remover installed. I thought that was enough? I'm running a super light weight ENB for basically color correction and that's it, so that might be hindering things.

Check the anti-stutter remover documentation. There is a heap variable default to 250 or something, but if you're using 4GB+ it is recommended to set it to 450. Read the mod readme/description for specifics. That change, oddly enough, almost completely eliminated ALL of my NV crashing. Mind, I'm not using AWOP so you may still have other troubles.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Ah, that might be why I was running out of memory so often then. I changed some stuff, so hopefully that should fix the worst of it.

Also, I really, REALLY like AWOP. It's tough as nails but it's the sort of fun I've been looking for out of the game. (That and once I go get Big Iron I can make the worst situations less painful.)

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Is there a mod that adds the GRA unique weapons (Two Step Goodbye, Bozar, etc.) into the game world instead of stuffing them into Vendors? Sort of like what Right to Bear Arms does, but without the stuff that makes it conflict with all the other mods that I use (WME, Fook-PN Convergence, whatever else).

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kumaton posted:

Is there a mod that adds the GRA unique weapons (Two Step Goodbye, Bozar, etc.) into the game world instead of stuffing them into Vendors? Sort of like what Right to Bear Arms does, but without the stuff that makes it conflict with all the other mods that I use (WME, Fook-PN Convergence, whatever else).
Right to Bear Arms conflicts with Fook-PN Convergence? I'm using them together and everything seems fine.

Also I just played Autumn Leaves and it loving owns, everyone play it.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Right to Bear Arms conflicts with Fook-PN Convergence? I'm using them together and everything seems fine.

I thought it did? Or it at least conflicted with the WME and WMX convergence part of it. I could've sworn I had read that a part of it conflicted with R.t.B.A. Probably just me being paranoid. Well, I'll probably install it (as soon as I finish re-installing the convergence because of unrelated reasons).

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mr Tastee posted:

Also, sometimes when I play songs on Radio New Vegas or Old World Blues, sometimes it will play nothing for a period. I have The Secret Stash, More Where That Came From, Mysterious Broadcast Extended, and CONELRAD (Though I haven't had any issues with that one.)
Look for the Mysterious Broadcast Fix so that OWB's "Begin Again" doesn't fail to play and stop the playback because they mislabeled the reference. Also you have OWB playlists for both up to 100 songs and up to 80 songs, but 80 comes later in your load list so that may cause some problems. You might also want to sort your plugins using LOOT if you haven't yet.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Well, I got a rather small bug that's still driving me crazy. I put a 5.56mm Silencer from WME onto That Gun (without any other mods installed on it), and in third-person view, the silencer flickers between what I assume to be the normal texture (a scratched light metal thing), then a weird metal texture kinda like flooring, then it goes between a UV map, the one pictured, and some sort of weird brownish metal texture kinda like a pipe, depending on where I stand and my camera position. In first person it's just a blank white.

One thing about ENBs is that it makes even the images of hosed-up stuff look good!
I assumed it was something with the FOOK/PN/WME/WMX Convergence so I reinstalled it, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled and installed it again with the updated patch (since mine was about a year old, gently caress me), and it still shows up this way.
Also, IIRC on the same playthrough with the Convergence the Lever-Action Shotgun with a 20 gauge choke showed up as one of those wonderful red !'s but I'm not sure if that's related (which it probably is) or if that's still happening after I applied the patch.
Load order in case it helps.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 22, 2015

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Also I just played Autumn Leaves and it loving owns, everyone play it.

Can you elaborate on your experience with Autumn Leaves? It would be nice to update the OP with some more quest mods, since that seems to be a pretty common request from people.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Kumaton posted:

Load order in case it helps.

It could be because you have so many individual plugins loaded, the Bethseda engine hates it when it loads more than 120ish archives, or you could just need to reset archive invalidation.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint
Are there any good mods to add some general armor variety to the game, kinda like that Spice of Life mod linked in the OP but without the requirement for weird body replacers? On that note, is there a mod that makes peoples' shoulders less gargantuan without also adding giant tits or genital piercings or some other dumb poo poo?

Also, what are some good Enb presets that work well with Nevada Skies for some basic color correction? For my last game I've been running Enhanced Shaders but even the lightest preset drops my framerate to 40-50 when outdoors because apparently my system can't handle Enb effects at all.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Can you elaborate on your experience with Autumn Leaves? It would be nice to update the OP with some more quest mods, since that seems to be a pretty common request from people.
I bumped into the guy who made it on another forum so I'm going to write up fuller impressions for him soon, but basically:

It's a very tightly-designed mod that focuses on writing, atmosphere and detail. The maker seems to really get Fallout, the whole tone of the mod fits into the game and the franchise very well. From the first time you step into Hypatia, you quickly encounter loads of great mysteries and plot hooks, with really fitting and haunting piano music in the background. There's a professionalism and crisp, disciplined quality to everything on offer; the mod takes place over a relatively small, lovingly crafted area with lovely art direction and attention to detail, carried by impressive dialogue, voice-acting and writing that manage to be expansive without ever seeming long-winded or redundant.

The mod claims to be influenced by the original Fallout and Planescape: Torment more than anything, and that really shows in the use of skill checks, choices and consequences and the need to really use your brain to figure out solutions instead of relying on brute force and a quest compass. It managed to keep me enthralled enough to finish it in more or less one sitting, and not a single combat scenario that I encountered, which was extremely refreshing. I think I got the best ending, but there are definitely a few stones I haven't turned yet - not sure how replayable it'll be when you do everything right the first time, though, so I might just go back and dig around soon. Some rough edges and typos were nowhere near enough to bring down a mod that offers 5-7 memorable DLC-quality hours of enjoyment.

I will say that there's one character who I didn't particularly appreciate, Rolland. He's very much necessary to the mod but I found him annoying beyond his intentionally irritating nature (he's basically the trickster/fool type) and his voice actor is some obnoxious Newgrounds superstar. He doesn't ruin the atmosphere at all - which is a testament to how great the writing is even at its weakest - but he's definitely hit or miss, and for me it was a miss. Nonetheless, this was really the only thing dragging it down, and it's still miles above any other New Vegas quest mod I've played.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

SovietPotatoe posted:

Are there any good mods to add some general armor variety to the game, kinda like that Spice of Life mod linked in the OP but without the requirement for weird body replacers? On that note, is there a mod that makes peoples' shoulders less gargantuan without also adding giant tits or genital piercings or some other dumb poo poo?

Also, what are some good Enb presets that work well with Nevada Skies for some basic color correction? For my last game I've been running Enhanced Shaders but even the lightest preset drops my framerate to 40-50 when outdoors because apparently my system can't handle Enb effects at all.

I'm not sure if the link in the OP is still working but the Low Profile Armor Mod sounds right up your alley, it adds a couple of dozen new wearables, from clothing to heavy armour.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Elliotw2 posted:

It could be because you have so many individual plugins loaded, the Bethseda engine hates it when it loads more than 120ish archives, or you could just need to reset archive invalidation.

Sounds like a good excuse to remove Craft Pack. I'll try that, thanks!
Edit: Well, now the silencer lasts longer before loving up. I suspect this to be something that happened when I installed the mods on top of the existing mods, so I'm going to go purge my Data folder and start over from scratch.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 22, 2015

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

If you're purging your data folder, it sounds like a perfect time to switch to Mod Organizer and never loving have to worry about it again. :colbert:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Agents are GO! posted:

If you're purging your data folder, it sounds like a perfect time to switch to Mod Organizer and never loving have to worry about it again. :colbert:

I remember having some issue with Mod Organizer, but that was probably due to me using it along with Skyrim. Now that I don't play Skyrim anymore it'll probably work better.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Kumaton posted:

I remember having some issue with Mod Organizer, but that was probably due to me using it along with Skyrim. Now that I don't play Skyrim anymore it'll probably work better.

You should have seperate Mod Organizer installations for each game. It's why I always go for the manual download and just place the Mod Organizer folder in the same directory as the game I'm wanting to mod, instead of using the Windows Installer.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kumaton posted:

WHat is this "Not Playing Skyrim" you speak of? :psyduck:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

SovietPotatoe posted:

Most armor replacers want a body replacer more for the skin textures than the actual model part, so you can just install the bare minimum of a type3/robert's replacer and not use all the lovely titty armor if you really want.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elliotw2 posted:

Most armor replacers want a body replacer more for the skin textures than the actual model part, so you can just install the bare minimum of a type3/robert's replacer and not use all the lovely titty armor if you really want.

It's also the body shape they rig the armor to. You can use armor rigged to a different shape but you'll probably end up with hosed up textures, neck/wrist seams, etc.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36339/
Are you terrible person? Do you not like ED-E? Do you like animes?
If any of the above this mod is for you.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I'm surprised Mass Effect 3 wasn't an inspiration for this mod.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Dr. Killjoy posted:

ED-E my love...

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
Naw man, if you want anime ED-E you gotta go with this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41568

:megadeath:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Agents are GO! posted:

WHat is this "Not Playing Skyrim" you speak of? :psyduck:

I just got bored of it after a while (despite never beating the main quest). I don't know what to say other than that, sorry.