Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Like the jungle from MGS3, the forest has spiked log traps and that surprised the hell out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

MGS3 has a good rear end forest in it.

Topic locked.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

i never got lost and found nearly everything my first time in the forest, that said it is really sick.

i got lost but i tihnk i figured out how everythig is sort of connected i n there. not sure if i found everything tho.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

wow lol you must be really smart or something. jk dude just messing

Messing what? Your diaper? Certainly smells that way.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Messing what? Your diaper? Certainly smells that way.

you know what dude. gently caress it. im not even going to waste my breath on this weak poo poo right now

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

you know what dude. gently caress it. im not even going to waste my breath on this weak poo poo right now

Fine by me - your breath smells too. :D

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i can't believe this comes out tuesday. i'm in for some epic gaming.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If you were scared of snakes and you played through this forest you'd probably die lol

edit: oh my loving god a big one

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

If you were scared of snakes and you played through this forest you'd probably die lol

lol

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Oh its just a regular guy not too bad

edit: nevermind

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the snakes get even bigger

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Evil Eagle posted:

:unsmigghh:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The game's getting real here in Yahar'gul. Real hosed up that is. Got eviscerated by Paarl and I'm gonna call it a night.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant wait to play this game feverishly for like 20hrs straight in 2 days

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I hope I can get a good deal on a PS4 for Christmas this Black Friday because I have been jonesing for this game since March.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i cant wait to play this game feverishly for like 20hrs straight in 2 days

I won't be playing until like Sunday because of thanksgiving travels. Ah well, that's life

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The forest is really awesome. Bloodborne is the second game I've played that I think does forests right. The first being shadow of the colossus. The forests in sotc are pretty small but they feel real to me.

The hardest part so far was the hunter in the Grand Cathedral who uses the seppuku katana and double shot pistol, but I eventually took him out and got the crow's equip set.

I've mostly stuck to using the saw cleaver so far in this run, with the holy blade as long range backup. The cleaver does really nice damage and I love its trick combos. I'm going to switch out the holy blade for the blade of mercy once I can afford it for variety's sake. I need a second gun as well, so I'm thinking about using the cannon that I picked up.

Can't wait to play more...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the cannon is cool. it's a good way to safely end boss fights, if you're into that sort of thing.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Evil Eagle posted:

*munch munch*..Hmm.. I want some more!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Eagle posted:

The hardest part so far was the hunter in the Grand Cathedral who uses the seppuku katana and double shot pistol, but I eventually took him out and got the crow's equip set.

If anybody wants to cheese this guy, wait til he goes into his life draining stance and run away and the ai will stay in that stance until he dies

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Real hurthling! posted:

If anybody wants to cheese this guy, wait til he goes into his life draining stance and run away and the ai will stay in that stance until he dies

you can do this if you have no sack.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

afaik they fixed that. you can still sort of do that by abusing his leash distance, but you have to actively fight him instead of waiting for his life to drain.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Real hurthling! posted:

this got patched. the cheese is now to poison him to death.

Dec 26, 2012

the cheese is to be good at the game, and beat him fair and square. thats the secret

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The biggest cheese is for him to not appear at all.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

He killed me in one hit when there was blood on his sword, and I also died if both bullets from his gun hit me up close. I finished him off with a fully charged greatsword R2 and the follow up overhead swing.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Human Grand Prix posted:

The biggest cheese is for him to not appear at all.

Ultimately, the only strategy is to not play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only time I cheesed somebody was getting the blades of mercy early on a low level character with poison and I felt like a scumbag

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

He killed me in one hit when there was blood on his sword, and I also died if both bullets from his gun hit me up close. I finished him off with a fully charged greatsword R2 and the follow up overhead swing.

very good

Dec 26, 2012

did they change the logarius fight or is my connection being lovely, charge attacks from the back seem to be super unreliable in coop

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

01011001 posted:

did they change the logarius fight or is my connection being lovely, charge attacks from the back seem to be super unreliable in coop

probably your connection

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

thank you to the insane wrestling mod for probating INRI for a week so he can focus all his posting energy into the new bloodborne DLC

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i'm so drat antsy for it

Dec 26, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

i'm so drat antsy for it

same

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

martyer longarius or w/e keeps kicking my rear end + i still don't know where to get the lunarium key

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

martyer longarius or w/e keeps kicking my rear end + i still don't know where to get the lunarium key

the lunarium key is up a ladder in byrgenworth. just search inside the college really thoroughly and you should find it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

apropos to nothing posted:

the lunarium key is up a ladder in byrgenworth. just search inside the college really thoroughly and you should find it

oh lol. there's like nothing in the drat college except the armour andthe lady and too meny armoires i thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

oh lol. there's like nothing in the drat college except the armour andthe lady and too meny armoires i thought

it's sort of disappointing, but part of the college is uh... somewhere else