Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!

exquisite tea posted:

I cook with a lot of canned fish. What are some hardier sardine/mackerel varieties that will retain their shape and won't disintegrate when tossed in pasta or sauteed with veggies? Usually I go with King Oscar's in regular old EVOO but they still break apart too easily, maybe some bacalou or brined fish would work better?

The Wild Planet canned sardines in olive oil are a good size and have held up when I have used in pasta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

For pantry stuff I buy at least two of everything that keeps for a while. And then if I open the last package of something I add at two or repectively more of them to my shopping list. For the more perishable stuff I already know how much to buy weekly.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

For our household shopping list, we use a combination of a wall-mounted monofunctional tablet and stylus (with integrated liquid transfer data scribe functionality), voice-activated multi-user communication protocol and a portable data presentation device, utilising an intuitive wysiwyg "cross-off" hardware solution.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Brawnfire posted:

I, too, have such a stock! That's what I'm looking to keep track of. I'll take this as a recommendation for Google Keep?

Keep is nothing more than a checklist, really. It sounded like you were looking for some degree of automation or inventory tracking -- it does no such thing (though I suppose you could keep a note saying "Tomato paste cans: (x)", etc. and just decrement them as you go). I guess what I'm saying is since it does the job just fine for ticking things off a list, I just use it as a "negative" inventory where I track things I've spent rather than things I have.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

For our household shopping list, we use a combination of a wall-mounted monofunctional tablet and stylus (with integrated liquid transfer data scribe functionality), voice-activated multi-user communication protocol and a portable data presentation device, utilising an intuitive wysiwyg "cross-off" hardware solution.

Can you mute the verbal communication protocol if you get tired of hearing it

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

With a knife.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I use pen and paper.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ekster posted:

I use pen and paper.

I cast bag of chips at the darkness.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Unfortunately I'm unable to reference a whiteboard at the store.

If your phone does apps it probably also has a camera.

That's how I do my sysco orders at work, we have a running whiteboard and I text a photo of it to our rep

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Will nacho cheese run through a chocolate fountain and stay warm and fluid?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Republicans posted:

Cheese, Eggnog, Cake Frosting / Donut Glaze, Barbecue sauce...All sorts of poo poo.

Disgusting, but doable.

Cheese is going to have to be pretty thin, and most likely not "real" cheese. Or if real, you'd have to use tons of citrate to keep it smooth and non-curdsy.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 23, 2015

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Drifter posted:

Doesn't the cinnamon overpower a lot of the other flavors? That looks like a lot, relatively.

The salt helps to grind down more finely the garlic, which releases more of its juices and flavor. What are you doing now? If you don't like a strong garlic taste, don't mash it. If you do, mash the hell out of it.

Salt basically serves to provide a little sandpapery friction when you mash into a paste. Use or don't use salt when pasting, you don't have to. As a seasoning, you would salt later, anyway.

Thanks. I left the garlic minced last night without the salt (still added salt to the meat though) and it was fine.

The cinnamon doesn't seem to overpower anything because there's just a lot of everything :) It's really delicious. I form it into very thin patties rather than lumped onto skewers. I have a great Mediterranean bakery near me with fresh-baked pita bread. I eat the kafta like a sandwich. I slather the pita with tzatziki sauce, put the meat in, then top with shredded lettuce, tomato, red onion, and Frank's Red Hot sauce. I want to try adding Feta cheese one day.

Highly recommended.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jan posted:

Keep is nothing more than a checklist, really. It sounded like you were looking for some degree of automation or inventory tracking -- it does no such thing (though I suppose you could keep a note saying "Tomato paste cans: (x)", etc. and just decrement them as you go). I guess what I'm saying is since it does the job just fine for ticking things off a list, I just use it as a "negative" inventory where I track things I've spent rather than things I have.

Not so much that as...

Well, what I I picture is a pretty easy interface like

TOMATOES ▼ 2 ▲
TOMATOES (TINNED) ▼1 ▲

Where I can just click the "up" or" down" arrow real fast when I use or buy something.

Just like a realtime list, where I have a list of everything I use and just shift the numbers as I cook, as I shop. And if I happen to be at the store, I can just look to see where I'm at.

pile of brown posted:

If your phone does apps it probably also has a camera.

That's how I do my sysco orders at work, we have a running whiteboard and I text a photo of it to our rep

I thought of this, it's another step of having to remember that is usually my failure point. Chances are, I'll be at the store and be like "gently caress, I didn't snap a pic of the whiteboard," but I suppose I could reference the last shot and work off of that.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Brawnfire posted:

TOMATOES ▼ 2 ▲
TOMATOES (TINNED) ▼1 ▲

Where I can just click the "up" or" down" arrow real fast when I use or buy something

I'm not sure how workable that would really be. Imagine you go out shopping, and come home with 20 new things to put in the fridge, for each thing:

1) Find the thing in the list, if it's there then press the ▲ a number of times equal to how many you just bought
2) If it's not in the list, then type in the name, now press ▲ a number of times equal to how many you just bought

Given that the list could have 30 or so things on it, it's gonna take a good 5-10 extra minutes to put your shopping away.

Also, every time you take something out of the fridge, you need to remember to find the thing you took out and update the count, probably taking 10-15 extra seconds. Only, you'll probably forget to do that sometimes, or your partner/child/friend will take something from the fridge and not do it, so you'll need to schedule regular stock counts of your fridge to make sure the list is up to date. If you're fastidious enough, then you might be able to keep this all up and have a workable system, but since your whole issue is that you think you're too forgetful, it doesn't seem likely :v:

Edit: It doesn't seem like you're alone in wanting this kind of thing though, there are a bunch of apps which claim to have this functionality:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/whats-for-dinner-6-fridge-management-apps-weekly-smartphone-app-roundup-189441

Gerblyn fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 23, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

Not so much that as...

Well, what I I picture is a pretty easy interface like

I thought of this, it's another step of having to remember that is usually my failure point. Chances are, I'll be at the store and be like "gently caress, I didn't snap a pic of the whiteboard," but I suppose I could reference the last shot and work off of that.

Either take the time to keep an updated shopping list, or suffer through having to not know exactly what you have. Unless you have a system in place that takes auto inventory - and you'd need scales built in to the fridge and pantry - you can't have it easy. You'll either be lazy or not, the choice is yours.

I'd recommend just printing out a shopping list of all the things you *can* buy and pinning it to the fridge, and as you use things up you circle that item to buy more when you next hit the store. Print a new one and throw the old one out each time you shop. If you shop at random times, take a photo on your phone every couple of days.

If you're already complaining about extra steps then unless you build the backend to automate it, you're out of luck, bub.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Gerblyn posted:

I'm not sure how workable that would really be. Imagine you go out shopping, and come home with 20 new things to put in the fridge, for each thing:

1) Find the thing in the list, if it's there then press the ▲ a number of times equal to how many you just bought
2) If it's not in the list, then type in the name, now press ▲ a number of times equal to how many you just bought

Given that the list could have 30 or so things on it, it's gonna take a good 5-10 extra minutes to put your shopping away.

Also, every time you take something out of the fridge, you need to remember to find the thing you took out and update the count, probably taking 10-15 extra seconds. Only, you'll probably forget to do that sometimes, or your partner/child/friend will take something from the fridge and not do it, so you'll need to schedule regular stock counts of your fridge to make sure the list is up to date. If you're fastidious enough, then you might be able to keep this all up and have a workable system, but since your whole issue is that you think you're too forgetful, it doesn't seem likely :v:

Well, I'm coming to the conclusion that having this would be helpful as the result of observing my work habits and kitchen environments, not as a starting point to create new ones.

- I already note on physical media (magnetic pad on the fridge) when I'm out of something I just used. I just don't always end up at the shop when I plan/hope, so I've been surprised without a list a few times.

-I'll often shop after having a coffee in the cafe, during which time I'll be on my phone working out what I need and figuring out what I want to make for dinner. Having a sure reference of what I have at home helps me shop. If, for instance, I'm going home to make cookies but can't quite remember how much butter I have after the last few nights' cooking. Do I chance it and buy more butter? Usually. Also, anything I'm going to buy on my list I can also up-arrow during this time.

- I rarely purchase more than a few items to shore up my supplies. I'm usually at fifteen items or less.

- Chances are, my phone is on me for recipes or reference so I would simply be checking off items as I use them, or just down-arrowing all the items in a recipe when I plan it out.

Anyhow, this would work a lot better for me than a list I have to remember to "bring with me" to the store, even if that's taking a pic it can be accidentally skipped. Something happens to me in that leaving the house stage, and I've left things at home that were the entire purpose of the trip out.

As long as I'm inventing a fantasy app, this list would have:

Dropdown menus: You can create meta-categories of pantry goods to break up ingredients into larger, more navigable chunks.

Choice between "quantity" and "number" modes. Number mode is the 1/2/3 etc, whereas "quantity" mode has a slider bar you can use to approximate the level of left of liquids, oils, etc.

A "most used" list, where ingredients most used are at the top.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Brawnfire posted:

- I already note on physical media (magnetic pad on the fridge) when I'm out of something I just used. I just don't always end up at the shop when I plan/hope, so I've been surprised without a list a few times.

- Chances are, my phone is on me
When you want something, don't write it on the fridge, just type it into your phone in the first place. Notes app if you live alone, Google Docs or similar if you need to coordinate with someone else.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Anne Whateley posted:

When you want something, don't write it on the fridge, just type it into your phone in the first place. Notes app if you live alone, Google Docs or similar if you need to coordinate with someone else.

This is still missing the "keeping track of what I have" part, as well, though.

I mean, I can write out a list of everything I have and manually change the number after it, but I was mostly just wondering if there was something that already did something like that, more elegantly.

Edit: I think I'm looking for something like this but I sure don't need to take pictures of eggs and milk...

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 23, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

I mean, I can write out a list of everything I have and manually change the number after it, but I was mostly just wondering if there was something that already did something like that, more elegantly.

Edit: I think I'm looking for something like this but I sure don't need to take pictures of eggs and milk...

Change your shopping habits. If you're only buying ten things on a trip, wait until you need to buy another ten or fifteen things, or more. Change your cooking habits to use what you have, not what you want, at a given time.

You can't be lazy, forgetful, AND organized. If you're forgetful and forget lists for your short shopping trips, have one large shopping event where you remember to take a large list with you and go home and get it if you forget it. If you're lazy and don't want to regularly update your inventory, identify and cook what is in your house, don't shop per meal and expect to keep track of what you have in your house.

It's up to you how much work you want to put into things, but you can't put in no work at all*.

[*] you can install internet accessible cameras inside your fridge and pantry to take pictures once or twice a day, and you can access them from your phone and go shopping like that if you want to do no constant inventory upkeep. Or buy a barcode reader and scan things in your house.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 23, 2015

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

When you run out of a staple (or open the last one of a staple), put it on the shopping list. There, now you always have butter and canned tomatoes.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

LMGTFY

http://learn.compactappliance.com/apps-for-your-fridge/

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Drifter posted:

Change your shopping habits. If you're only buying ten things on a trip, wait until you need to buy another ten or fifteen things, or more. Change your cooking habits to use what you have, not what you want, at a given time.

You can't be lazy, forgetful, AND organized. If you're forgetful and forget lists for your short shopping trips, have one large shopping event where you remember to take a large list with you and go home and get it if you forget it. If you're lazy and don't want to regularly update your inventory, identify and cook what is in your house, don't shop per meal and expect to keep track of what you have in your house.

It's up to you how much work you want to put into things, but you can't put in no work at all*.

[*] you can install internet accessable cameras inside your fridge and pantry to take pictures once or twice a day, and you can access them from your phone and go shopping like that if you want to do no constant inventory upkeep.

First, to address the bolded part: Huh? I'm clearly trying to keep track of the inventory, I'm literally asking for an app that would help me do that. I'm having trouble figuring out why you think it's lazy to want my inventory on a phone instead of a whiteboard or paper...

I don't really see why I have to buy more items at once? I go to the store a lot anyhow, it's also a cafe I get coffee at and lunch at and breakfast sometimes, so there's really no need for me to make a huge list and fill up an SUV.

Seeing as I do a lot of my menu planning while mobile, wouldn't it be neat if I had a visual reference of what I've got at home so I can grab something if I need to?

What if I didn't know I was going to need to get something, but now I'm looking at a recipe with that item in it. I think I recall having some of that left, but oh! The app says "no" so I'll get it.

Is this really such a crazy thing? Or are people just focusing on the fact that I forget lists sometimes?

Anne Whateley posted:

When you run out of a staple (or open the last one of a staple), put it on the shopping list. There, now you always have butter and canned tomatoes.

How does that address that? It just means I'll be getting something I ran out of, not keeping track of what I actually have.

I'm not sure what's the big issue, I'm picturing nothing much more crazy than an inventory on my phone....

Well thanks, this is a step in the right direction... I have been Googling this BUT do you have any personal experience with any of them? Or does anyone?

(Kind of what I was asking in the first place, really: does anyone know of an app that's good)

Another edit: Of the ones on that page, Fridge Pal seems most like what I'm looking for, but it's not available on Google Play. The rest seem to be recipe planners, and I'm fine on the cooking front.

Is there a general "itemized list" app I should be looking for? (And yes, I'm googling too, just want recommendations)

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 23, 2015

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

First, to address the bolded part: Huh? I'm clearly trying to keep track of the inventory, I'm literally asking for an app that would help me do that. I'm having trouble figuring out why you think it's lazy to want my inventory on a phone instead of a whiteboard or paper...

I don't really see why I have to buy more items at once? I go to the store a lot anyhow, it's also a cafe I get coffee at and lunch at and breakfast sometimes, so there's really no need for me to make a huge list and fill up an SUV.

Seeing as I do a lot of my menu planning while mobile, wouldn't it be neat if I had a visual reference of what I've got at home so I can grab something if I need to?

What if I didn't know I was going to need to get something, but now I'm looking at a recipe with that item in it. I think I recall having some of that left, but oh! The app says "no" so I'll get it.

Is this really such a crazy thing? Or are people just focusing on the fact that I forget lists sometimes?

How does that address that? It just means I'll be getting something I ran out of, not keeping track of what I actually have.

I'm not sure what's the big issue, I'm picturing nothing much more crazy than an inventory on my phone....

Well thanks, this is a step in the right direction... I have been Googling this BUT do you have any personal experience with any of them? Or does anyone?

(Kind of what I was asking in the first place, really: does anyone know of an app that's good)

Another edit: Of the ones on that page, Fridge Pal seems most like what I'm looking for, but it's not available on Google Play. The rest seem to be recipe planners, and I'm fine on the cooking front.

Is there a general "itemized list" app I should be looking for? (And yes, I'm googling too, just want recommendations)

SUPER EDIT I think I'll just keep playing around with Google Keep

actual edit: OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE QUOTE IS NOT EDIT I give up

Teeter posted:

There's two that I have a slight bit of experience with, Out of Milk and Paprika. I don't think that Paprika has much in the way of a pantry organizer, but it's wonderful for storing recipes and has a shopping list option where you can do meal planning or generate a shopping list from recipes. I mainly just use it for storing or executing recipes in the kitchen.

Out of Milk seems much better to me for shopping or pantry lists. Again, I don't really use it exactly for your use case so I can't speak to how it will fit but I know it has the features. The pantry list can sort out all of the things you keep on hand, and you can fairly easily keep track of when they're getting low and add them to shopping lists. I should probably try using it more but for the time being I just use it for shopping because it's pretty slick for that. Items are easy to add to the list so if I think of something it just takes a second to throw it on there, or you can scan a barcode. It synce across devices and through a website so you can add to your lists from wherever. It also does what you're requesting in terms of quantities.

For the most part I just regularly go to the store and ensure that I always have my staples of produce available, but this is useful to remind myself whenever I need something less common or something specific for a particular recipe I'll be cooking that week. It's also a lifesaver for remembering household goods that I need to pick up.

It sounds to me like these would fit my needs exactly (by your description) and will be checking out your recommendations, thanks!

EDIT: So far, this is looking good! I'll figure out the limitations later, but this will be a nice tool. Thanks again, Teeter!

Edit2: I spent a little time scanning barcodes in my kitchen, and this is really fun! Unfortunately, it doesn't recognize Wegmans products, and... I live in Rochester, NY. So I guess I'll be manually entering those! Besides that, good stuff!

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 23, 2015

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

There's two that I have a slight bit of experience with, Out of Milk and Paprika. I don't think that Paprika has much in the way of a pantry organizer, but it's wonderful for storing recipes and has a shopping list option where you can do meal planning or generate a shopping list from recipes. I mainly just use it for storing or executing recipes in the kitchen.

Out of Milk seems much better to me for shopping or pantry lists. Again, I don't really use it exactly for your use case so I can't speak to how it will fit but I know it has the features. The pantry list can sort out all of the things you keep on hand, and you can fairly easily keep track of when they're getting low and add them to shopping lists. I should probably try using it more but for the time being I just use it for shopping because it's pretty slick for that. Items are easy to add to the list so if I think of something it just takes a second to throw it on there, or you can scan a barcode, then it auto-sorts it to categories so when I'm in the store I clearly see what I need to get from each section and can cross it off along the way. It syncs across devices and through a website so you can add to your lists from wherever. It also does what you're requesting in terms of quantities.

For the most part I just regularly go to the store and ensure that I always have my staples of produce available, but this is useful to remind myself whenever I need something less common or something specific for a particular recipe I'll be cooking that week. It's also a lifesaver for remembering household goods that I need to pick up.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Steve Yun posted:

Yes, but like all of these things, it involves buying an expensive part, and the fix is temporary.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
I feel like such a luddite for using a spreadsheet. It doesn't even squeal when you tickle it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Cavenagh posted:

I feel like such a luddite for using a spreadsheet. It doesn't even squeal when you tickle it.

With the number of responses I got that boiled down to "Use a dang piece a paper ya screenjockey!", spreadsheets are tech wizardry.

If I were to write out the contents of my pantry on parchment, and carry it upon my breast in a small calfskin satchel, that would be most pleasing, however.

Maybe I'll do that... It would certainly make my trips to the verderer more efficient if I could be doubly sure I'd used the last morsel of grouse in the previous fortnight's game pie.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I like whiteboards, and I've been very happy with this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TGH3VYU

My fridge is stainless on the front, so I have it stuck to the side.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Brawnfire posted:

With the number of responses I got that boiled down to "Use a dang piece a paper ya screenjockey!", spreadsheets are tech wizardry.

If I were to write out the contents of my pantry on parchment, and carry it upon my breast in a small calfskin satchel, that would be most pleasing, however.

Maybe I'll do that... It would certainly make my trips to the verderer more efficient if I could be doubly sure I'd used the last morsel of grouse in the previous fortnight's game pie.

Who has the time to illuminate their shopping lists nowadays. It's not like it used to be, where you could just pick up a monk from a street corner .

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Cavenagh posted:

Who has the time to illuminate their shopping lists nowadays. It's not like it used to be, where you could just pick up a monk from a street corner .

Yeah and I don't have the mana for all that magelight anymore.

I've been pleased with Grocery IQ for shopping lists, but it's got no inventory or recipe function. It DOES have a history list, though, which I use all the time. It also syncs with coupons, I think, but I never have those... no coupons for broccoli. :(

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Does anyone have a good recipe for pumpkin-parmesan biscuits? I've been making the food network recipe for the last few Thanksgivings, and while they're popular, they're a lot smaller, denser, and drier than I'd like. Most recipes I can find online are the same as the food network one with a few small changes.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any recommendations for a small Thanksgiving? I've got to cook for 4 people this year (small family). I'm thinking like:

Turkey pieces baked over dressing casserole
Loaded mash potatoes
Asparagus w/bacon
Baked sweet potato
Mac & cheese
Cranberry sauce

I feel like there's a couple of things missing or I need to substitute

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

89 posted:

Any recommendations for a small Thanksgiving? I've got to cook for 4 people this year (small family). I'm thinking like:

Turkey pieces baked over dressing casserole
Loaded mash potatoes
Asparagus w/bacon
Baked sweet potato
Mac & cheese
Cranberry sauce

I feel like there's a couple of things missing or I need to substitute

I would replace the sweet potato with sweet potato biscuits. I like this recipe: http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/sweet-potato-biscuits-10886. That will give you some bread because you need to pile turkey and cranberry sauce on something. Otherwise this looks perfect and super similar to what we have!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I don't know if it's a family tradition, but mac & cheese seems really weird for Thanksgiving. I would do another vegetable, Brussels sprouts or something, instead. You also didn't include gravy?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Anne Whateley posted:

I don't know if it's a family tradition, but mac & cheese seems really weird for Thanksgiving. I would do another vegetable, Brussels sprouts or something, instead. You also didn't include gravy?

Baked Mac & Cheese should be a staple for EVERY holiday. But yeah. I'd also go with roasted beets and Brussels sprouts baked in lard and sprinkled with bacon, maybe.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
The mashed potatoes are loaded and the asparagus has bacon. We don't need to go full meatship here. Beets are a great idea, though. My family has never had them for Thanksgiving and now I'm wondering why not . . .

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Grey Elephants posted:

Does anyone have a good recipe for pumpkin-parmesan biscuits? I've been making the food network recipe for the last few Thanksgivings, and while they're popular, they're a lot smaller, denser, and drier than I'd like. Most recipes I can find online are the same as the food network one with a few small changes.

Link me the recipe and I'll fix it.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Republicans posted:

Woah woah woah. Back this thread up. gently caress thanksgiving, I want to know more about the queso fountain. Because AMERICA

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Link me the recipe and I'll fix it.

Here you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Alright, double the parm, double the cream, double the butter, add 1 cup of AP flour, and 1 Tbsp of baking powder.

Parm's going to soak up some of the liquid, butter's going to make it richer, and moister, as will the cream. If you feel they're dense, add more BP, but I think 1 extra Tbsp will suffice.

Personally, I think there's too much pumpkin in the biscuit, and that's what is making it dense, so I've worked around that. You could just use the base recipe, and cut back on the pumpkin.