Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Yo have you seen marlona sky cause I mean there's one example of insane person screaming at max volume forever

Yeah there's some pretty unbalanced people, mostly on FHC, but if you filter out a couple of loud wailers the general consensus is more just "lol" and not whatever it is some people seem to think they're doing. The timer juke was legitimately funny, and you can't really saying they're over-egging it given there's a (frankly doomed) book in plans which will no-doubt make a large point out of sov-game fuckery that held us on in Fountain.

If the Imperium ~narrative~ is, as it seems to be, some form of "they're all hating us and plotting and what not" then just urgh. Because the general tone I get from the rest of the game is more akin to "post fozziesov we may as well just leave them in their ivory tower".

The viceroys plan is so devious because, assuming it works, it directly counters that mode of operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

drat, didn't think it'd be Querns. Dead Sea status.

i must be e-famous on the internets now because people who i have no idea who the gently caress they are know my name

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Glory of Arioch posted:

i must be e-famous on the internets now because people who i have no idea who the gently caress they are know my name

You just told us. You're Joe Rogan with a buttplug

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
You can literally post a thread "Goons are poopoo heads!" and get 200+ upward direction arrows right now haha. The Imperium hate is so strong on that site.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fun fact, or perhaps observation, about rhubarb:

For all of the "vegetables" which are "really fruits," such as tomato and cucumber, rhubarb is the only vegetable food which gets served as a fruit which is not actually a fruit, at least as far as I have been able to identify.

:eng101:

Plus rhubarb leaf is a purgative from early modern medicine :shrek:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Glory of Arioch posted:

eh you gotta look a little deeper

most of the reddit anguish is in the form of their advanced state of surrender

to them, our invincibility is absolute, so the concept of resistance to us is completely foreign

this leads them to hyperanalyze everything we do, and if they find any cracks in our facade they magnify and celebrate it, and that's all they are able to do

Nah, what you are describing would fit FHC pretty well, especially the Seraph IX/Marlona types. But they get laughed at even more by reddit than we do on the rare occasions that they condescend to post there.

Edit: to address your other point more obviously, the problem for r/eve is not that they think we are invincible - we have grown so large that we literally are at this point - but that they somehow believe that with the right combination of leaders they could band together and take us down. The myth persists that imperium line members are inferior to open-recruiting pubstar ones, whereas the opposite is very probably true for all but a few groups.

Endie fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 23, 2015

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Glory of Arioch posted:

i liked his angry russian voice :v:

He was so stereotypically Russian on the Metashow. "They are leetle vagina-boys"

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

CommonShore posted:

Plus rhubarb leaf is a purgative from early modern medicine :shrek:

your posts are the product of a purgative

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Endie posted:

your posts are the product of a purgative

:eng99: I just didn't want to miss out on rhubarbchat.

SpiderX
Sep 5, 2013

Let's start a gimmick that isn't shit, how about dogges? :woof:

~Not SMcD

Bigbillthaboss posted:

You can literally post a thread "Goons are poopoo heads!" and get 200+ upward direction arrows right now haha. The Imperium hate is so strong on that site.

Outside of Imperium that's a fairly common attitude to have. It's not confined to reddit, it just so happens that's where everyone congregates as the official forums are utter shite.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Khablam posted:

If the Imperium ~narrative~ is, as it seems to be, some form of "they're all hating us and plotting and what not" then just urgh. Because the general tone I get from the rest of the game is more akin to "post fozziesov we may as well just leave them in their ivory tower".

But that tone doesn't really fit reality. You have people who are no poo poo serious posting that MoA is a legit threat. You have people claiming that we are deliberately going after PH and other newbie corps to kill the game. There's a rather lot of hat gon going on, and it's not just the pubstar posters from FHC. I don't even read FHC, mostly just browsing reddit when I get real bored at work.

Sure, you're right in some points. The narrative that the enemies hated the book idea because of mittens, not because lol 30k for publishing costs.

And yea, the timer thing was funny.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Endie posted:

Seraph IX/Marlona types
Grath roasting these dudes in the book thread was pretty hilarious.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CommonShore posted:

Fun fact, or perhaps observation, about rhubarb:

For all of the "vegetables" which are "really fruits," such as tomato and cucumber, rhubarb is the only vegetable food which gets served as a fruit which is not actually a fruit, at least as far as I have been able to identify.

eh parsnips and carrots also end up as the Sweet Thing in a number of baked goods

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Glory of Arioch posted:

eh parsnips and carrots also end up as the Sweet Thing in a number of baked goods

Don't forget sweet potatoes

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

And yet you've never put carrot compote on your ice cream

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ChickenWing posted:

i wouldn't put pureed durian on my ice cream either but it's a fruit

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Glory of Arioch posted:

i wouldn't put pureed durian on my ice cream either but it's a fruit

A durian is a fruit and therefore not relevant to the point, that being (in case you forgot)

CommonShore posted:

rhubarb is the only vegetable food which gets served as a fruit which is not actually a fruit, at least as far as I have been able to identify.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Digital Ebola posted:

Space has no answers for you, there's nothing for you to Xolve there, I suggest a new hobby, one that doesn't run on stomach acid and bad decisions.

Says the guy that Doxxs people in a vain attempt to make up for losing arguments, :laffo:.

Glory of Arioch posted:

well hopefully that guy got purged due to more evidence than just me mentioning it in an important place

if so then lawl, have fun building up another logistics 5 parachute + pve alt

he was in waffe too iirc so that is another 3 months of posting that guy has to do

Vyst offered, I said yes. Man, getting in was hard.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
So will this colonial governorship be open to a lot of people? Like can I oversee an area if I put in the work? Also will governors get a commission for their region?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bigbillthaboss posted:

So will this colonial governorship be open to a lot of people? Like can I oversee an area if I put in the work? Also will governors get a commission for their region?

yep on all counts

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Glory of Arioch posted:

yep on all counts

So in theory as much as I put in I will get out I.E. If I am willing to reimburse people for dread losses out of my commission people would more likely be willing to use capitals in efforts to moderate the region I oversee? I imagine if I start FCing it would probably help the case as well. But basically if you want your region controlled then you got to be willing to open the wallet for reimbursement and incentives for people to help. (Forgot if that last sentence was a question or statement.)

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

ChickenWing posted:

I have had several delicious carrot cakes.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Rhubarbtalk reminded me of rhubard compote that my mother used to make when I was a kid. I want in on that again, there are fond memories of that weird vegetable thing.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Glory of Arioch posted:

yep on all counts

I can fill in some of the gaps from context but do we have an actual explanation anywhere of what this viceroy concept actually involves?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bigbillthaboss posted:

So in theory as much as I put in I will get out I.E. If I am willing to reimburse people for dread losses out of my commission people would more likely be willing to use capitals in efforts to moderate the region I oversee? I imagine if I start FCing it would probably help the case as well. But basically if you want your region controlled then you got to be willing to open the wallet for reimbursement and incentives for people to help. (Forgot if that last sentence was a question or statement.)

well i think the enforcement angle would be mostly covered by alliance SRP, you wouldn't really need to cajole anyone to burn things for you with your fight money

the general idea is that the alliance does nothing but burn structures and moons, the viceroy's job is to squeeze vassals as hard as they can but not actually make them go "gently caress this" and quit

and if "gently caress this" happens it's not a big deal either

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Helicon One posted:

I can fill in some of the gaps from context but do we have an actual explanation anywhere of what this viceroy concept actually involves?

the tl;dr is that all of nullsec becomes vassals to us

occupants keep sov and keep moons as long as they pay tribute to us

in return we build roads and do nice things and, most crucially, don't send reavers or rear end in a top hat squad or EG to their poo poo to burn it down

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Glory of Arioch posted:

well i think the enforcement angle would be mostly covered by alliance SRP, you wouldn't really need to cajole anyone to burn things for you with your fight money

the general idea is that the alliance does nothing but burn structures and moons, the viceroy's job is to squeeze vassals as hard as they can but not actually make them go "gently caress this" and quit

and if "gently caress this" happens it's not a big deal either

But if you are willing to throw your personal earned isk on top of SRP I'm sure people are willing to burn poo poo a little quicker. Offer bounties for POSs and pay Isk/hour to individuals using dreads and carriers to just knock poo poo over (higher than current ratting rates) with full capital reimbursement I'm sure people would be willing to help "take a bat to the knee caps".

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bigbillthaboss posted:

But if you are willing to throw your personal earned isk on top of SRP I'm sure people are willing to burn poo poo a little quicker. Offer bounties for POSs and pay Isk/hour to individuals using dreads and carriers to just knock poo poo over (higher than current ratting rates) with full capital reimbursement I'm sure people would be willing to help "take a bat to the knee caps".

yeah, you could probably do that, just seems a little unnecessary when the alliance is willing to do it for free, eventually

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Helicon One posted:

It sounded like it was still very much at the concept stage but probably pretty much what you imagine: turn up in a region with tax-gatherers, demand rent, send imperium fleets to entosis/siege the ones who don't pay up, rinse, repeat.

It relies on there being no viable coalition of people who will turn up for the timers*, but given that the defenders will be hapless neutrals and groups of 300 guys with no doctrines, it's pretty unlikely that we'll meet any vast and organised coalitions willing to make it tricky. I suspect that sequential episodes of blueballs will prove a problem and lead to a few underpowered fleets being bombed or ganked or something but it's content of a sort and it should last a while at least.

*Edit: enough to make it necessary to do serious business pings and send large numbers who can then be consistently blueballed. We have trouble with Pure Blind grinding people down, after all.

Endie fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 23, 2015

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Will tribute involve protection or is it straight extortion money

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hey actual eve-related post instead of shitpost.

Do we have any details on what's happening with reactions and citadels yet? Like, I'm assuming that they'll be run in medium cits, but do we know if that transition will be happening in The Citadel Patch, how that transition will be managed, and what a medium citadel will cost?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Frozenpussy posted:

Will tribute involve protection or is it straight extortion money

straight extortion money

the central tenet of the whole idea is that we never build a single pos or hold a single system outside our core

if it involves anyone doing anything but shooting or entosising a thing, it's not allowed in the plan

if a vassal dies to a third party, oh well, the viceroy contacts the victors and gives them the xerxes speech

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CommonShore posted:

Hey actual eve-related post instead of shitpost.

Do we have any details on what's happening with reactions and citadels yet? Like, I'm assuming that they'll be run in medium cits, but do we know if that transition will be happening in The Citadel Patch, how that transition will be managed, and what a medium citadel will cost?

the reaction change will definitely not be happening in the citadel patch

we don't know what they plan to do with reactions, but look for it probably pretty closely aligned with any changes to moon goo harvesting (which will most likely be transforming it from passive to active harvest)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Numismancer posted:

It has amounted to something incredibly cool - when Sion and I realized we'd been too drat nice and how good it felt to be ~bad~ again (bad, in this context, means not rolling over and dying and zealously protecting our community interests by giving bitches the finger) we had a few beers and came up with the viceroyalties.

Unfortunately for the howling reddit crowd, if you only have one volume level the screams all sound the same - when we give them something in the very near future to truly be upset about, it will be just more of the same max-volume outrage. When the Black Fleets arrive and the subjugation begins in earnest, there won't be anything to distinguish our crusade from just another tract of fanfic.

Aw yeah, going to get to be a stormtrooper.

Please assign special agent Xenuria to the important task of getting CCP to make us jackboots, TIA

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

if ccp gave me a heapin helpin of my own druthers, reactions would become a separate RAM activity with a new set of slots that characters train, and a separate industry cost index

that way you don't have to micromanage a bunch of stupid structures that do nothing but tick over an integer in the database every hour, you just start a bunch of 30d jobs then spin ships and make dick jokes the rest of the time

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Glory of Arioch posted:

the reaction change will definitely not be happening in the citadel patch

we don't know what they plan to do with reactions, but look for it probably pretty closely aligned with any changes to moon goo harvesting (which will most likely be transforming it from passive to active harvest)

Ok cool. So we're going to have a reasonably long era of side-by-side pos and citadel industry. Good.

Active harvest moongoo sounds like bullshit though. If I wasn't at work I'd probably wake up in gs_isk right now to discuss it.

Glory of Arioch posted:

if ccp gave me a heapin helpin of my own druthers, reactions would become a separate RAM activity with a new set of slots that characters train, and a separate industry cost index

that way you don't have to micromanage a bunch of stupid structures that do nothing but tick over an integer in the database every hour, you just start a bunch of 30d jobs then spin ships and make dick jokes the rest of the time

That'd work for me. I like how reactions are partly balanced by possessing space real estate, but when it comes down to it we're basically just running industry jobs, right?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CommonShore posted:

Ok cool. So we're going to have a reasonably long era of side-by-side pos and citadel industry. Good.

Active harvest moongoo sounds like bullshit though. If I wasn't at work I'd probably wake up in gs_isk right now to discuss it.

yeah, they have a LOT of work to do before they remove pos remove pos you are the worst structure

their goal right now is to fast track outpost removal since outposts do a lot fewer things, it's a much lower hanging bit of fruit

this means they'll prioritize getting research, manufacturing, and reprocessing structures out first, leaving all the pos-specific stuff for later

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CommonShore posted:

That'd work for me. I like how reactions are partly balanced by possessing space real estate, but when it comes down to it we're basically just running industry jobs, right?

essentially

also the cost index thing means that systems like YA0 and JU- will be hellscapes for actually doing reactions, which will encourage folks to build their own little citadel on the prairie to do reactions

so the basic concept of having to own space real estate will still exist, just with a softer form of encouragement

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Xolve posted:

Says the guy that Doxxs people in a vain attempt to make up for losing arguments, :laffo:.

Vyst offered, I said yes. Man, getting in was hard.

Xolve @Xolves
Digi still mad I got him banned from somethingawful. #tweetfleet #angry #goons #GrrrPL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Glory of Arioch posted:

essentially

also the cost index thing means that systems like YA0 and JU- will be hellscapes for actually doing reactions, which will encourage folks to build their own little citadel on the prairie to do reactions

so the basic concept of having to own space real estate will still exist, just with a softer form of encouragement

Well I'll just keep running my reactions and not worry about it until then, I guess. The worst that could happen is that the price on my outputs will crash due to an announcement right after I bought inputs, and even if that happens I can just set aside some outputs as spec for when the market on advanced materials goes goofy during the transition period.

• Locked thread