Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

Fitz's ability to get fan bases excited through October season-after-season is pretty remarkable.

To be fair, he's one of the easiest people in the league to root for. That rushing TD yesterday comes to mind.

That rushing TD was manly as gently caress.
Fitzpatrick might not be very good but he is at least worthy of respect because of the fearlessness in which he plays.

I imagine several alternate worlds and timelines, Ryan Fitzpatrick used his Harvard education to carve out a nice conventionally wealthy existance for himself.

But this world's Ryan Fitzpatrick became a badass.
Glory to the arena!
Glory to football!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

seiferguy posted:

- Thomas Rawls really good.

Is he or is it because 49ers defense was really bad. :v:

If he works out, kudos.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I was at the Texans/Jets game yesterday and they had this really cool animation on the jumbotron or whatever it's called when ever Nuk did a thing. It had a football field and a big fat missile flew across it and when it exploded it said 'NUUUUUUK' in big smoky letters and then when the smoke went away it would say "FIRST DOWN" in craters or if it was a touchdown it would say "THE BOMB"

We saw a lot of it and it was cool go texans

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Shindragon posted:

If he works out, kudos.

He had 169 rushing yards and I think a touchdown against the Bengals. I think he's the real deal.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I have a lot of thoughts about last night's game but the one that I can best articulate right now is that I really appreciated that Hue stayed creative even while down late in the 4th. The 4x1 formation was a fantastic call and the Sanu wildcat was a cool sight. Usually he's stopped doing cool poo poo like that in the second halves of games

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Gerald McCoy loves America’s Quarterback, Jameis Winston, but a reason might surprise you.

Asked in the happy Bucs locker room yesterday about how he good he feels to have Jameis as his likely quarterback for many years, McCoy replied, “That kid is great. I love him. I really do,” with a calm, reflective love in his voice.

“He came to my son’s birthday party on Friday. He didn’t have to do that. So I love him.

D'awww

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shindragon posted:

If he works out, kudos.

The 49ers are bad as a whole, but they rank 10th overall in run defense so they aren't terrible, and the aforementioned running stats against the Bengals (who also have a good rushing defense, average is under 100 yards allowed per game) I think he's gonna be legit. Whether or not he can play week in and out remains to be seen.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

Gerald McCoy loves America’s Quarterback, Jameis Winston, but a reason might surprise you.

Asked in the happy Bucs locker room yesterday about how he good he feels to have Jameis as his likely quarterback for many years, McCoy replied, “That kid is great. I love him. I really do,” with a calm, reflective love in his voice.

“He came to my son’s birthday party on Friday. He didn’t have to do that. So I love him.

D'awww

He wouldn't have been happy if it was his daughters birthday.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

The 49ers are bad as a whole, but they rank 10th overall in run defense so they aren't terrible, and the aforementioned running stats against the Bengals (who also have a good rushing defense, average is under 100 yards allowed per game) I think he's gonna be legit. Whether or not he can play week in and out remains to be seen.

They've given up 175 or more yards on the ground three out of the last four games.

The Falcons ran Devonta Freeman directly at NaVorro Bowman and got confused why it didn't work, so that skewed the YPG down.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Minnesota's o-line injuries are really hampering the passing game. Teddy has yet to even break 10 passing TDs (the only qb who hasn't missed a start to do that), is 4th in the league with 30 sacks, and the passing game is just completely out of sync. Peterson is leading the league with 1006 yards rushing, but we're starting to see more stacked boxes that our passing game can't over come.

All of those penalties yesterday were infuriating, stupid calls. For a team that's been as well disciplined as the Vikings have been this year, it was alarming. Something about playing the Packers always brings out the worst in this squad, especially ever since we swept them with Favre in 09.

Wallace is wasted on this offensive scheme, because we can't hit him deep when he gets separation anyway; he isn't a good fit. This team can still make the playoffs, but I can't see them getting very far if they get in.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

seiferguy posted:

Ah my bad, I didn't know he started against the Bengals.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Some fellow Hawks fans keep going on about Wilson's "best game ever!" but gloss over how poo poo the Niners defense was. He had some pretty bad passes in there, and was pretty goddamn lucky to only be sacked twice.
The o-line has gotten better at protecting the run but still ain't that great at covering the pocket.
Also: lol @ Kearse dropping a (albeit not that great) catch where he was wide open.
He's a local boy that people love but useless most of the time.

I view the Hawks like I view the Mariners- they should be much better than they are with the roster they have, but I still expect them to gently caress it up somehow.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

seiferguy posted:

the Bengals were not a very good run defense before Burfict came back.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm officially revoking the "Lil Skittle" nickname from Turbin. Our new Baby Beast is my main man, T-Rawlz.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

korrandark posted:

the Bengals were not a very good run defense before Burfict came back.

I still think Rawls is gonna be a legit good player. Unless he was putting up those numbers against terrible defenses (like Saints or Browns level) and was putting up pedestrian numbers against other teams, I'd be more cautious in my hype. Also, Seattle's offensive line is pretty bad, so people need to take that into account. Regardless, we're gonna be seeing more and more of him since Lynch's abdomen injury seems pretty serious :(

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I guess the bengals were shouting out the cadence earlier in the game as well and the Cards tipped off the refs. They were looking for it at the end there with that backfield ump

Pays to be a snitch

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I don't really understand why it's illegal to shout something to cause a false start but it's not illegal to shout something so someone jumps offsides.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

passing league/put em in dresses

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

I still think Rawls is gonna be a legit good player. Unless he was putting up those numbers against terrible defenses (like Saints or Browns level) and was putting up pedestrian numbers against other teams, I'd be more cautious in my hype. Also, Seattle's offensive line is pretty bad, so people need to take that into account. Regardless, we're gonna be seeing more and more of him since Lynch's abdomen injury seems pretty serious :(

Also the Niners apparently can not tackle.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jeremy Hill should not be coming off the bench at all unless Gio gets hurt or needs a series off. He's been loving terrible all year, Christ. That taunting penalty made me want to pull my hair out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't really understand why it's illegal to shout something to cause a false start but it's not illegal to shout something so someone jumps offsides.

Because a silent offense would be rather crippling for most teams.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

Ten missed tackles yesterday

:eyepop:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

it's illegal to draw the defense offsides

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Team A is entitled to a fair opportunity to put the ball in play. If they want to have their count to put the ball in play be vocal, that is fine. If team B chooses to react to that count, that is fine.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah but then we get into situations like the Seahawks and their stadium that is designed to be deafening to opposing teams so they can't hear on offense

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

No Butt Stuff posted:

I hope Peyton spends the rest of this season and the entire offseason loading up on Roids and HGH until he's a superhulk with arm strength again, then goes and plays for some NFC team so I don't have to deal with his poo poo any more.

Too late.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/11/peyton_manning_wants_to_play_i.html

All aboard the Peyton 2016 train... choo choo.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Anaranjado posted:

Jeremy Hill should not be coming off the bench at all unless Gio gets hurt or needs a series off. He's been loving terrible all year, Christ. That taunting penalty made me want to pull my hair out.

Hey. Hill saved my FF match this week, so done right by me.

Gio on the other hand, can get bent.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Dubious posted:

Minnesota's o-line injuries are really hampering the passing game. Teddy has yet to even break 10 passing TDs (the only qb who hasn't missed a start to do that), is 4th in the league with 30 sacks, and the passing game is just completely out of sync. Peterson is leading the league with 1006 yards rushing, but we're starting to see more stacked boxes that our passing game can't over come.

All of those penalties yesterday were infuriating, stupid calls. For a team that's been as well disciplined as the Vikings have been this year, it was alarming. Something about playing the Packers always brings out the worst in this squad, especially ever since we swept them with Favre in 09.

Wallace is wasted on this offensive scheme, because we can't hit him deep when he gets separation anyway; he isn't a good fit. This team can still make the playoffs, but I can't see them getting very far if they get in.

Easily the dumbest thing in the game was Patterson knocking heads with the Kicker

who does that?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Easily the dumbest thing in the game was Patterson knocking heads with the Kicker

who does that?

Like everybody? Crosby did everything but fall on the ground

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

wandler20 posted:

It's week 11 and the Bucs are legit in the playoff talks. Here is the rest of the schedule:

@Indy
ATL
NO
@STL
CHI
@CAR

Those are games that are winnable (Carolina will probably be resting starters in week 17).

It's an exciting day to be a Bucs fan. What a turnaround.

Buc fans are so cute. They're going to go like 1-5 against that schedule.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

You try tackling this!

https://streamable.com/om3f?t=0.0

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

three posted:

Buc fans are so cute. They're going to go like 1-5 against that schedule.

Nah, they'll do better than that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah but then we get into situations like the Seahawks and their stadium that is designed to be deafening to opposing teams so they can't hear on offense

Used to be (potentially) a charged time out or a 5 yard penalty on the defense if the crowd got too loud. I don't remember ever seeing it happen, closest thing I can find is a video from a 1997 game where the referee gets on the mic and tells the crowd they need to be quiet so a play can be run. The league decided in 2007 that if they wanted to play games in front of a large amount of paying customers they should just let them be loud. A small sacrifice to make to get all that money.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nah, they'll do better than that.

Who are they going to beat other than the Bears?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

three posted:

Who are they going to beat other than the Bears?

Well they've already beaten Atlanta and New Orleans and are playing better than they were when they did. There's no reason to think they can't beat either or both again. Indy and St. Louis are also beatable. The only team I'd say they probably won't beat is Carolina, unless they're resting starters. 1-5 would be a disaster. 3-3/4-2 seems more likely.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well they've already beaten Atlanta and New Orleans and are playing better than they were when they did. There's no reason to think they can't beat either or both again. Indy and St. Louis are also beatable. The only team I'd say they probably won't beat is Carolina, unless they're resting starters. 1-5 would be a disaster. 3-3/4-2 seems more likely.

Carolina will probably get a first round bye so resting their starters will be overkill since they'll have a week off anyway.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Pope Mobile posted:

Some fellow Hawks fans keep going on about Wilson's "best game ever!" but gloss over how poo poo the Niners defense was. He had some pretty bad passes in there, and was pretty goddamn lucky to only be sacked twice.
The o-line has gotten better at protecting the run but still ain't that great at covering the pocket.
Also: lol @ Kearse dropping a (albeit not that great) catch where he was wide open.
He's a local boy that people love but useless most of the time.

I view the Hawks like I view the Mariners- they should be much better than they are with the roster they have, but I still expect them to gently caress it up somehow.

agreed let's see what they do against the steelers, their status is still fraudulent unless they win out

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

Carolina will probably get a first round bye so resting their starters will be overkill since they'll have a week off anyway.

So they play their starters and beat the Bucs. I still don't think the Bucs go 1-5.

0-6

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Any guesses on how many wins it will take to get an NFC wild card spot? I'm guessing 8 or 9 but tbh I haven't been paying much attention outside of the Bucs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Cole posted:

Any guesses on how many wins it will take to get an NFC wild card spot? I'm guessing 8 or 9 but tbh I haven't been paying much attention outside of the Bucs.

9, i cant see the vikings not getting to 9 wins at least and the Falcons will probably get to 9 too. 8-8 isnt going to cut it.

• Locked thread