Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gromit posted:

Say goodbye to my little friend:

http://i.imgur.com/hAgrza0.gifv

What map is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's a custom. Arctic, I think. Pretty good one, too.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Gromit posted:

Say goodbye to my little friend:

http://i.imgur.com/hAgrza0.gifv

this made me smile.

And on that note I have fallen in love with Firebug again. This game gets so much better when your Perks get over level 10. I cant wait till 15 and get exploding zeds.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Away all Goats posted:

What map is that?

It's Frozen. My group of friends enjoy it, and we just hold out on the level down from the helipad and have fun shooting down on zeds and caning them as they bottleneck on the staircase.
It's not amazing, but it IS fun.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

What is the actual best-made community level so far? I don't know if any are up to TWI's standards but for so early in the game's life there has been some very well made ones so far

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What is the actual best-made community level so far? I don't know if any are up to TWI's standards but for so early in the game's life there has been some very well made ones so far

Well, they have a mapping contest worth about 50k going on, so something's decent is bound to be in.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I haven't seen anything yet that really compares to the official maps in detail that doesn't have some sort of pathing, trading, or frame-rate issues. I keep an eye on The Tripwire mapping forum to see what is there, but only download maps that people haven't reported problems with. Some are looking pretty darn good, but I'll be hosed if I get my friends to play a map where you get 10fps whenever you look out a window, or the trader arrows don't work, or it looks like you've been burgled because there's no furniture anywhere.

Still, it's early days and I imagine there will be plenty of great maps eventually. I play some Biotics Lab and West London remakes that are well made. The London one in particular is neat as it has a day/night cycle through the game, as well as areas that open up as the waves progress and a hidden area that you need to find switches to open. When you first start it up you'll think the lighting seems too bright and weird, but give it a wave or two.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Scrakes on a plane :getin:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Nalesh posted:

Scrakes on a plane :getin:

He said best, not lazy and shittiest.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Skoll posted:

I dont think your autism let the humor get through.try again

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

She Bangs the Drums posted:

I dont think your autism let the humor get through.try again

Yes, I'm autistic because I think a small map is lovely and lazy. You're so cool, Brewster.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Skoll posted:

Yes, I'm autistic because I think a small map is lovely and lazy. You're so cool, Brewster.

Pro tip: The :getin: means he was being sarcastic in the way people are when they think something is cool despite being bad.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Skoll posted:

They're not mutually exclusive.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Pro tip: The :getin: means he was being sarcastic in the way people are when they think something is cool despite being bad.

:fuckoff:

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I feel sorry for Skoll's mother.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel sorry for your grandmother. Nazi's spared her just so you could live and be a massive disappointment to your family.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, where's the WWAUT this week?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kikas posted:

So, where's the WWAUT this week?

quote:

Default No WWAUT today
I posted this over at Steam and am putting it here as well:

The team is working hard to getting the build ready for the community, it is just about locked down and getting into the polish/qa phase.

We do have some things to discuss before it will be ready but our internet at work pretty much took a dive today and some of our plans for how we were going to be talking about those items died with it.

With the skeleton crew (many of the crew decided to take the week off to be with their families for Thanksgiving) that will be in the office next week we will be bringing those items into the light (unless our ISP decides to die off and stay that way for an extended period of time - I hear rumors that somebody named Kevin was involved - we are investigating).

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
TAKING A HOLIDAY? TRIPWIRE IS ROBBING US AGAIN gently caress EA

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

MadBimber posted:

TAKING A HOLIDAY? TRIPWIRE IS ROBBING US AGAIN gently caress EA

I've already submitted my refund request.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I keep thinking you guys are talking about Electronic Arts.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

ponzicar posted:

I keep thinking you guys are talking about Electronic Arts.

I just discovered they're not.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

KF2 is getting cosmetic items.
http://killingfloor2.com/Zedconomy/

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
literally paydaygate all over again

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Metrohunter posted:

literally paydaygate all over again

It's all cosmetic so...no, not like Crimefest at all.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yay, now we get our own TF2 hat bullshit. Least it's cosmetic only so I can ignore it completely.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Wait, people are surprised by this? The way they set up the ability to customize your character made it scream cosmetic microtransactions.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Propaganda Hour posted:

It's all cosmetic so...no, not like Crimefest at all.

that's what I get for not reading

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Time to add $10/mo to my budget for hats

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
lol this is harmless as far as microtransactions go but hoooooly gently caress are the floodgates going to open for people bitching.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Comments at the bottom of the KF2 steam post is already at 35 pages in about 40 minutes :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
At least they provided clear FAQs and "yes this will happen no that won't happen" stuff in the pages. Unlike Overkill. :v:

but yeah I expect the "it's still in early access and now you have microtransactions YOU FUCKS" comments to go nuclear about 30 minutes ago.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I play this game a ton and intend to continue playing it a ton, and so I look forward to getting a gold gun or what the gently caress ever and selling it for big bucks to nerds with too much money.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Require More Fire posted:

I play this game a ton and intend to continue playing it a ton, and so I look forward to getting a gold gun or what the gently caress ever and selling it for big bucks to nerds with too much money.

I look forward to being that nerd

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sigh, I jumped from TF2 to Payday 2 to this to get away from this dumb poo poo but they just couldn't leave well enough alone. At least the cosmetic poo poo doesn't have stat bonuses or big ugly flashing lights in this one.

edit: Also it doesn't look like they're hiding the cosmetic stuff behind "pay 2.50 to open this Horzine Brand ZedLootCrate" so that's good, unless I missed something.

Nope, read further down the second page, I was wrong. :itwaspoo: They do offer the usb sticks as an alternative so it's marginally less lovely.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 23, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Cosmetic DLC is pretty much how they supported KF 1, tbh. I don't mind them going this route in KF 2 since it is completely optional, and probably will wind up getting them more money in the long run. I just know pub servers are going to be obnoxious as hell now since everyones guns will be CS:GOified.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Require More Fire posted:

Pretty much my exact reaction to the whole Payday fiasco. My aesthetic tastes are bizarre and varied and my reaction when stuff drops ranges from "gently caress YES, A PAINTER'S MASK I'M GOING TO BE IMORTAN JOE" to "Oh god, what an eyesore. Someone on Steam will pay 5 bucks for this train wreck, I'm sure."

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The tears and outcry on the steam forums over this is amazing.

Gamers are loving retards.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Also while TF2 started it its also heavily used in CSGO skins and Dota items. And CSGO isn't even f2p. I don't know the numbers but its a decent (by virtue of least lovely) system if the playerbase to support it exists.

of course it feels like "hey, me too!" but it's both the most predictable - KF1 had the golden gun stuff for years - and at the same time least aggressive method

but they probabably should've waited at least until the game was even officially "finished"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

but maybe they should've waited at least until the game was even officially "finished"

I think this is probably my only real complaint about it, disappointment in the business model aside. The game's not even out of fuckin' early access yet and a third of the classes haven't even been conceptualized. :geno: