Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I love Marc Blucas well groomed modern goatee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Riley? You're still around? Well waddya know.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Time for a round of "Good Title?/Bad Title?"

Below: An unarguably good title

And finaly, a GREAT title:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Below: An unarguably good title

Original title Una magnum special per Tony Saitta. UK title BLAZING MAGNUM. Cheers to the American localization team.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Time for a round of "Good Title?/Bad Title?"

The masked man is John Galt.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Is it about the Three Stooges?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I hear Jason Sudeikis plays a mean Hitler.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

King Vidiot posted:

...a message to everybody who thought Jon Snow was actually dead. I barely paid attention to the horrible last season but even I could figure out that they weren't going to kill him for good.

Look forward to much more of this 'you nimrods actually thought Jon Snow was dead? :rolleyes:' smugitude.

Everyone knew he was coming back, you're not smart for knowing that. It's just a shame that any chance of a even a barely interesting 'reveal' is now gone because they blew it with a poster for whatever reason. It's lame.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lol at anyone who watched that show for more than 3 seasons

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Stop talking about Game of Thrones here, there are two threads in TVIV and one or two in the Book Barn.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I unironically love that movie.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Each time I see the thumbnail, I read it as "The Nanny vs The Night Monsters" and imagine someone with a horribly nasal voice saying, "Oh Mr Sheffield!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

edit:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 25, 2015

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The sparks are flying in the second one, implying the attack in the first one is still taking place, Cap has just suddenly decided to not give a poo poo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nice to see our ol' pal Sparks again.

That said, those are good teasers.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
It just seems like such a dumb premise for a movie.

But who we kiddin' imma watchit

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Not a poster but the new Fox logo is atrocious.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nckdictator posted:

Make sense. X-Men is one of their signature franchises.

But what about Fox Searchlight's logo?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Erebus posted:

The sparks are flying in the second one, implying the attack in the first one is still taking place, Cap has just suddenly decided to not give a poo poo.

The attack is over, Iron Man is on fire and sparking on the ground. Cap knows it's the perfect moment to spike the camera.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Nckdictator posted:

There is no way this will be on more than 1 or 2 movies before they change it back.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Nckdictator posted:

Good God they Repo Man'd that poo poo. Way to take all of the charm out of it Fox!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

BonoMan posted:

It just seems like such a dumb premise for a movie.

But who we kiddin' imma watchit

Hero vs Hero is always a huge seller in comics, no matter how flimsy the premise. The only issue is that the movies are so violently scared of controversy that I doubt there'll be even a hint of politics involved in this adaptation to a heavy handed political metaphor.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gorilla Salad posted:

Each time I see the thumbnail, I read it as "The Nanny vs The Night Monsters" and imagine someone with a horribly nasal voice saying, "Oh Mr Sheffield!"

The Navy versus the Night Monsters sounds like sexual innuendo to me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Hero vs Hero is always a huge seller in comics, no matter how flimsy the premise. The only issue is that the movies are so violently scared of controversy that I doubt there'll be even a hint of politics involved in this adaptation to a heavy handed political metaphor.

Yeah, that's why they're changing it. They're afraid of rocking the boat.

Not because Civil War is an interesting concept with lovely execution and conveniently centers on the characters they can actually use.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, that's why they're changing it. They're afraid of rocking the boat.

Not because Civil War is an interesting concept with lovely execution and conveniently centers on the characters they can actually use.

Glad we're on the same page.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, kind of like how Captain America: The Winter Soldier was totally devoid of any sort of drone warfare analogy in anyway whatsoever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nckdictator posted:

As an employee of Fox I can say that that is one of many many logos they have for different divisions. As far as film marketing we put quite a few different logos on posters to help with the overall aesthetic.

This is still the official logo of 20th Century Fox films

Or this...

fake edit: in fact looking in the logo shared drive there are 243 different logos.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 25, 2015

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

kiimo posted:

As an employee of Fox I can say that that is one of many many logos they have for different divisions. As far as film marketing we put quite a few different logos on posters to help with the overall aesthetic.

Or this...

fake edit: in fact looking in the logo shared drive there are 243 different logos.

Glad to hear, came across it on Wiki earlier and it really confused me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GonSmithe posted:

There is no way this will be on more than 1 or 2 movies before they change it back.
For real. This is really awful. Looks like some generic placeholder logo rather than something official.

kiimo posted:

Or this...

Phew!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Shoutout to my favorite Warner Brothers logo:

gently caress yeah!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

caligulamprey posted:

gently caress yeah!
That thing is iconic as poo poo. I still remember seeing A Clockwork Orange for the first time like 10 years ago and getting excited from the mere sight of that logo and the score starting up at the very beginning.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

caligulamprey posted:

gently caress yeah!

That poo poo is so loving cash.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

gently caress yeah!

Compare and contrast to the Karate Kid All Valley Karate Championships logo

Now that's a poster.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 25, 2015

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

And it'd be topical too with all the racist americans screaming about Syrian refugees now.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

effectual posted:

And it'd be topical too with all the racist americans screaming about Syrian refugees now.

I think this is more Batman v Superman territory. It's literally about two white guys going after an illegal immigrant who saved the world because people blame him for the disaster caused by other members of his race.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Isn't the documentary on Cannon Films hitting Netflix later this month? I'm excited for that one.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

gently caress yeah!

Found this a few minutes ago. It's interesting to see how little the main 20th Century Fox one has changed, and how drastic the changes to the WB logo were until they settled on their current design.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

Isn't the documentary on Cannon Films hitting Netflix later this month? I'm excited for that one.

It's pretty good, but those first 10 minutes are rough.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

The TriStar logo was recently updated also. I think I preferred the symmetry of the original pegasus tbh, fun to look at the brief making of though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2OVffJaCYs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

Compare and contrast to the Karate Kid All Valley Karate Championships logo

Now that's a poster.

I've always seen that particular WB logo as a fist bump!