Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Too Poetic posted:

How accurate are the placement groupings? I got put into MG2 and I'm loving awful at this game. Almost always I'm the worst player on my team.

It'll even out once you play more games. Be glad you don't have to slog through the silvers/novas. I got placed into MGE myself and then deranked pretty quickly because I'm good enough to poo poo all over novas but do pretty average to bad against MGE+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Motley posted:

I've been really really getting in to this game lately. I'm Nova 2, but I think I'm worse than that. I'm extremely interested in learning and getting better, but I'm having a really hard time playing solo in MM

Is there a group of lower ranked players that play here? I'd really like to get better and have a good time playing with people rather than dealing with random people.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992328500/

I need one more win to get a rank, I should be around GNM. I'm on the West Coast but work graveyard. mostly play around 8am Pacific. Fair Warning: I play drunk a lot.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

So, my team was pretty awful, but I think I played my best game yet.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-nOyXj-LJJVT-bpFti-xhN95-RLkHB

Tell me why I'm a terrible player. :shobon:

edit: I know for a fact I peeked a few times that was real dumb, and I pursued an enemy in the stupidest way possible many times.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I'll watch it when I get home, but given you are gold Nova I am almost certain that virtually every aspect of your gameplay is wrong and your aim is bad.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Famethrowa posted:

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-nOyXj-LJJVT-bpFti-xhN95-RLkHB

edit: I know for a fact I peeked a few times that was real dumb, and I pursued an enemy in the stupidest way possible many times.

I watched it. I take it you're slurps in that video, right?

I'm a GNM myself, so don't take what I write as gospel, but I think I can see a few persistent problems in your gameplay.

1) Your aim seems decent for Nova level. Your crosshair positioning could use some work. Keep that crosshair a bit higher up, that helps a lot.
2) What was your team like, comms-wise? It doesn't seem like you talked all that much, there was no co-ordination at all.
3) You don't have to buy every round. Even if your team does, you don't have to. If you can't talk them out of it, don't bother, but just do your thing: don't force if you're low, don't buy if more than one other person is low.
4) Conversely, if you do have cash to spare, buy a helmet! It might be less mandatory CT-side, but the terrorists won't always have those AKs and AWPs. In fact, there is quite a lot of rounds in this very game where you run into people with MAC-10s, MP7s, Bizons. I don't think it backfires on you spectacularly anywhere, but it helps and it's just $350 more. However, not buying a helmet on T-side is just criminal, and you do that several times! Remember, if you don't have a helmet, an M4 headshot kills you, but if you do, you get a second chance to one shot the guy with your Kalashnikov.
5) Same goes for the defuse kit. But you noticed that yourself.
6) If you're forcing up, buy a full armour set. Don't buy a bare Tek-9 (P250 is fine).
7) With the AWP, fire and move. Don't just strafe around like you would with a rifle, you need to be perfectly still to land that shot. Don't peek corners with an AWP. When you kill a guy, consider changing your position (obv less important in solo queue).
8) When defending, change positions within a given area. You move around the map a lot, but in specific locales you always play the same position, regardless of your weapon and the general situation. The downside to this is that by round 18 or so they just knew where they could expect you. This was particularly bad with regards to A site and Goose. You never played it from the car, or the trash container, or the site itself, or the boxes, or the pit even, just Goose. And they did wise up to it, I think.
9) You buy smokes, which is good! Consider learning some good ways to throw them to open up the map. On D2, I think the long doors-> pit area benefits the most from a decent smoke or two, and you got mowed down while coming out of the double doors several times - some nades would have helped with that. There's also a couple easy smokes to cover you from platform when walking out onto B site.

For specific rounds:

3. Don't buy round 3 on CT if you've bought and lost the first two rounds. It worked out fine this time because you got those three kills, but if you had died without killing anyone (a distinct possibility on an eco), you wouldn't have had the money for the M4.
4. You made the right call with the move to Goose, but you shouldn't have peeked that AWP, and most definitely not twice. You had a smoke, you had a flash, getting out of there would have been fairly easy.
6. You almost hit a team-mate. This (and another situation way later) prompts me to think you might not be using radar enough. Don't be afraid to press TAB. Also, when you come at the king, you best not miss: when flanking an AWP, bail if you don't kill it instantly.
7. You could have upgraded to helmet no problem for $350 here. You should have done that.
8. Nice nade. Your team was not watching mid up until now, which was a big problem. You changed up on that later on, though.
9. If you want to play mid doors or watch short from the cross, run as you would towards B, then turn around and go there. You have time to spare, and the way you ran in the terrorists could see you moving there and knew you were around.
11. That was quite a reckless push, I like that. Consider using a smoke next time, though. You also made a lot of noise in the tunnels, which almost got you killed, and didn't check your corners right. It worked out in the end, though.
14. More blue on blue. Radar would have helped that, if you had used it, and it's not like you were looking anywhere you could expect an attack from. You could not have helped the guy if you were arranged like that, you should have been looking down long and shifted positions if he died or fell back.

16. Duallies? Odd choice. On the other hand, literally nobody on the server bought armour.
19. If you have the bomb, don't charge blindly (i.e. without info) into cross. You're vulnerable from many sides when you're there, and if you die, the bomb is pretty much irretrievable. Short was a better option.
21. You're on long with the AWP. You're expecting your opposite number to be on the site. That means you have a few options: flashing yourself out is a very straightforward one, for example. More chancy is a jump into pit and duelling from there. Trying to just walk out around the corner and fight them head on is definitely not a good idea. You've been on the other end several times, you should know this.
22. Don't scope in with the SG when you're mobile. Use it as you would an AK in such general circumstances. The momentary confusion of scoping in and the speed decrease probably contributed to you dying before finishing off the guy below you.
23. I wrote down something about "SMOKE!". I can't recall what it was.
24. Did you share info on the guy in the door with your team? Nobody even checked that, nobody smoked him, he just stayed there and chilled until they all turned their backs to him and died.

That's it from me. Someone else is bound to poo poo on this advice, so there's that. And if you feel like you have a lot to improve, remember: it's hard to argue with 28 frags.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Too Poetic posted:

How accurate are the placement groupings? I got put into MG2 and I'm loving awful at this game. Almost always I'm the worst player on my team.

Your first three matches more or less decide your initial rank. But your rank will still fluctuate a lot in both directions, so don't worry about it too much.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Not disagreeing with most your thoughts, but there's a few that are worth bringing up:

"Don't peek corners with an AWP" - This might be a little confused? AWP is definitely not a turret. Strafing round corners while scoped and unscoped are both definitely things that are done. Because you are moving so slowly, the time until you stop completely is very short. This allows you to peek corners, stop and shoot very quickly indeed. It is almost the bread and butter of AWPing. You'd never be able to AWP as a Terrorist with this rule.

"Don't buy Tek-9 without armour" - Debatable. Everything is relevant to the context ofc, but there are rounds where it is acceptable to do this. I will do this plenty. You say P250 is fine though, well, Tek is fine too for only $200 more. Depends on your cash.

"Criminal to not buy a helmet as T" - Yes and no. If you can afford it as well as nades, this is true. I actually think your advice holds at GN because nades are wasted, but generally speaking a smoke has more utility than a helmet. A pro with $3700 probably won't buy helmet + AK, but kevlar + smoke + ak, or even galil + kevlar + smoke/2flashes or galil + helmet +smoke/flash.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Jeza posted:

"Criminal to not buy a helmet as T" - Yes and no. If you can afford it as well as nades, this is true. I actually think your advice holds at GN because nades are wasted, but generally speaking a smoke has more utility than a helmet. A pro with $3700 probably won't buy helmet + AK, but kevlar + smoke + ak, or even galil + kevlar + smoke/2flashes or galil + helmet +smoke/flash.

This ^ people all the way up to global don't realize how huge it is to have a smoke over a helmet in so many situations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'd like to think it'd usually be the Galil which is definitely a good gun

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Famethrowa posted:

Someone already posted a round by analysis that I have not read at all, but I thought I'd post my thoughts from an LEM perspective since I already wrote all this out. Alternatively, skip everything with a number before it and skip straight to the chase.

1. Right off the bat, your team is shamefully awful evidently by them not buying up on pistol rounds. You go to B which is fine, but then you camp on top of car. Why? If you get rushed by multiple Ts then you have nowhere to run and you're out in the open. Also, holding close like that is extremely all-in as CT and you're basically hoping to kill 2 or 3 (actually possible in GN). What you should do instead is play much more passive and at range, USP/P2000 instant headshots kills at range and is very accurate as long as you don't spam mouse1, so you may get a headshot or two and the Ts basically have to get lucky to kill you unless they have deagles and/or grenades to close the distance. I write a paragraph about the pistol round because the pistol rounds very often can mean the difference between you winning and losing the entire game, so at the very least get the basics right. The only other thing I'd say is I prefer nades as CT rather than armour because you're not looking to go balls deep into 5 Ts (you will certainly lose against a glock train). Smokes and flashes will hold the Ts off long enough for your team to rotate and it's also easier to click on people when they can't shoot back at you due to aforementioned flashing.

But fortunately the Ts go A instead, but 2 of you are still chilling at B when the Ts are quite clearly on short already. You guys don't move until they are on A site and planting. Then when you are solo, you hesitate to get on to site despite having tec-9 armour. If you are not sure where your enemy is and you don't have kit but you want to go for retake anyway, you need to clear out all the possible positions ASAP because 1 second wasted means 1 second you don't have when it comes to defusing.

2. Don't buy SMG armor second round as CT if you lose. If you absolutely must buy, get a pistol that can 1 hit kill (P250, 5-7).

4. your team is bad, your aim needs a lot of work. Practice burst firing at distance since you seem to fire 2 shots (second shot almost always missing), resetting, fire another 2 shots. you should be able to hit at least 5 bullets dead on target with good spray control.

7. for some reason you all leave the bomb with a single person to hunt for frags. if that person jukes you and kills the one guy guarding the bomb, they get a free bomb plant. If you must go hunting for frags (you shouldn't unless you know exactly where your opponent is), make sure ALL of the positions on your way are cleared out. alternative, just guard the bomb because in 95% of cases killing the last T is really not going to change the T team's economy. in this case, you end up losing your AWP, which is a big deal because now you are back to m4 + no helmet.

(BTW no helmet is fine as CT if you _know_ the Ts are full buying AKs/AWP, but clearly your enemy are morons and full buy SMGs/galils every round so just save or get full armor + famas instead)

8. You almost die on catwalk because you didn't hear the T running up the ramp. do you have headphones? if not, buy some.

13. Nade usage very poor, you throw a mollie at car even though you have a teammate on A ramp watching long, and then you throw a bad smoke in long which means your AWPer can now no longer kill people. If i saw that smoke as a T and I had an AK, I might even try and run up long to close the distance.

14. TK :cmon:

16. Don't buy dualies for pistol round. if there is any time to buy armor, now is the time. some exceptions to this would be would be if everyone on your team is mashing armor+decoy and you have no utility, in which case you should buy nades that will help you gain entry to the bomb site. This will help stop the CTs doing exactly what they did (mowing you down at range). you can also buy deagle if you want to pack a bit more punch, but it's riskier and probably won't work unless you are good with it.

17. All Ts cram into long doors at the start of the round :suicide:

19. For some reason you guys mix eco and force buy, but then fail to push out of tunnels either via B or lowers after you kill the guy who rushed. when you kill the flanker, tbh I'd say go straight to A at this point because what most likely has happened is your enemy has reinforced B and is currently camping mid doors. you go mid anyway and, despite having a smoke and two flashbangs, you fail to use either to gain entry to mid. I mean, it could've worked, but anytime you think someone is camping you in, grenades are your friends.

21. Don't slow peak with the AWP like that on long

To be honest, there's not really much more to be said. I didn't really want to do round-by-round analysis, but because my criticism involves basically 90% of your gameplay I felt it necessary to point out as many examples as possible. For me, your biggest areas of improvement are thus:

- Your aim is atrocious at the moment, you need to learn how to properly spray at medium-long ranges. At medium range (say from goose to short) you should be easily able to kill a person with a single AK burst of 5-8 bullets, even if you don't get the headshot. Watch this person's video on spray control:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWszuhOmPE4
At longer ranges, learn how to fire off two or three shots with reasonable accuracy and then immediately move to the left or right (or behind cover if you have it) to allow your aim to reset while making it harder for your opponent to hit you.

Which brings me on to my next point:
- Movement. You are entirely too easy to shoot right now, most of the time you are firing you just stand still while bursting a couple of shots at a time. While you absolutely should be still while actually firing, you need to move the millisecond your burst finishes otherwise your opponent (especially once you start hitting MG) will instant headshot you. Burst fire, press A to move left and tap D to stop quickly, then fire another burst. It's called stutter stepping and will make you very difficult to hit while maintaining your accuracy. Watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7GwTWw0tQ
And also watch all of that person's other videos, grats you are now legendary eagle.

- Your grenades are really bad, ineffective and sometimes downright detrimental to the team, and I don't think you really use many flashbangs, if any at all.
- Times to use a smoke:
- - When you holding a choke point and you don't want to enemy to push, or at least you want them to push and for you to have a significant advantage with them pushing through it. If this is your intention when you throw the smoke and the enemy can still play around the smoke, then the smoke has failed at its purpose and it is a bad smoke because it will allow your enemy to close a distance when you may not want that.
- - When you want to cross an area of the map and you don't want the enemy to have an easy pick on you while you do it (this is why people smoke CT when crossing, so you can't get wrecked from mid by an awping rear end in a top hat).
- Times to use a flashbang:
- - When you want to push the enemy back from holding an angle you know they are probably holding.
- - When you want to actually kill your enemy with minimal risk to yourself.
- - It is also acceptable to use a flashbang to delay an enemy push if you know those precious few seconds will potentially make the difference between winning and losing the round.
- - When you are cloud9 and you like looking at your enemy's physical faces light up from the flashbang to see who is in the area that just got flashed.

I think your decision making can definitely be better as well, but that will come with experience. For now, you need to concentrate on improving the absolute basics of the game; namely your aim, movement, and grenade usage. Do this by playing the poo poo out of deathmatch community servers, especially ones that run aim_ maps, and enjoy clicking on people's heads the next time you play MM. goonspeed

qhat fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 25, 2015

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

qhat posted:

2. Don't buy SMG armor second round as CT if you lose. If you absolutely must buy, get a pistol that can 1 hit kill (P250, 5-7).
I disagree with this whole heartedly. Unless you and your team all agree to try for some third round buy after 2 losses (probably one of the riskiest CT plays), or you're going for an awp, there is little to no reason to save on round 2 as CT. Personally I do think that the 5-7 is a better gun than most SMGs, but scouts, smgs, and 5-7s with armor against smgs are a pretty fair fight.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Kwilty posted:

I disagree with this whole heartedly. Unless you and your team all agree to try for some third round buy after 2 losses (probably one of the riskiest CT plays), or you're going for an awp, there is little to no reason to save on round 2 as CT. Personally I do think that the 5-7 is a better gun than most SMGs, but scouts, smgs, and 5-7s with armor against smgs are a pretty fair fight.

If you force buy as CT on second round and lose, then you won't have any money for a decent rack of nades on your first full buy round. Which is fine if you and your team understand the risk, but personally I just default save because I like my nades.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Well, it happened. C9 axed seang@ares. Wonder who will replace him since swag is nowhere close to having his ban lifted.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

qhat posted:

If you force buy as CT on second round and lose, then you won't have any money for a decent rack of nades on your first full buy round. Which is fine if you and your team understand the risk, but personally I just default save because I like my nades.

If you 5-7 armor after just one kill in the first round you have enough for an M4, 1 frag, 1 smoke, and 1 flash no head armor (A pretty solid nade stack). Also, if you go full out on round 2 and save nothing you'll have enough for 1 smoke and 1 flash (M4 and head armor included). All barring any sort of extra cash your team has procured from kills or saving armor.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Me. I am doing the open tryouts. Gonna submit my casual fragmovie.

Also P250 no armor for best eco buy no matter what.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Audax posted:

Also P250 no armor for best eco buy no matter what.

yeah if I get no kills as CT on round 1 (I generally buy smoke, HE and/or flash depending on the map... HE REALLY fucks a fast push up in small areas and even if I die, i'll do 100-250 dmg with a nade alone) , I'll buy a p250 no armor, if you play well you can generally bodyshot+headshot some rear end in a top hat pushing. If I get a bunch of money I'll get 5-7 with maybe some body armor depending.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Tevery Best posted:

16. Duallies? Odd choice. On the other hand, literally nobody on the server bought armour.

EH?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNltwcLGdRM

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Audax posted:

Me. I am doing the open tryouts. Gonna submit my casual fragmovie.
My friend told me that apparently C9 were scouting players from complexity at RGN, so I'm think maybe roca. I feel that NAF-FLY from Conquest would be a better choice though.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

MF_James posted:

yeah if I get no kills as CT on round 1 (I generally buy smoke, HE and/or flash depending on the map... HE REALLY fucks a fast push up in small areas and even if I die, i'll do 100-250 dmg with a nade alone) , I'll buy a p250 no armor, if you play well you can generally bodyshot+headshot some rear end in a top hat pushing. If I get a bunch of money I'll get 5-7 with maybe some body armor depending.

See if we lose second round I'll bum a p250 off the guy that was saving from the round before because he'll have about 3,000 buckaroos, and unless he's awping has about 1,000 bucks of spending money.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

symbolic posted:

Well, it happened. C9 axed seang@ares. Wonder who will replace him since swag is nowhere close to having his ban lifted.

Rumor was get_right once his contract with NiP is up at the end of the year. Who knows for sure though with that open tryouts line. Swag getting unbanned would also throw another wrinkle into that.

Pronax is in inactivity now, maybe he could IGL? Not likely though lol

edit: also another part of the old rumor was that seangares would take a step back to a coaching role instead of leaving entirely. Not sure if this still holds given the nature of the press release.

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 24, 2015

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Gotta admit, this one felt pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K0BfrKzvGU

Action picks up around 50 secs in

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Jeza posted:

Not disagreeing with most your thoughts, but there's a few that are worth bringing up:

"Don't peek corners with an AWP" - This might be a little confused? AWP is definitely not a turret. Strafing round corners while scoped and unscoped are both definitely things that are done. Because you are moving so slowly, the time until you stop completely is very short. This allows you to peek corners, stop and shoot very quickly indeed. It is almost the bread and butter of AWPing. You'd never be able to AWP as a Terrorist with this rule.

I may have been too general with something specific. What I meant was more like he walks out, slowly, around the back area of A, around Goose, to peek people he knows are in the double doors area. He knows they are there, they know where he is, they're probably waiting for him. If they have an AWP, that's it.

Jeza posted:

"Don't buy Tek-9 without armour" - Debatable. Everything is relevant to the context ofc, but there are rounds where it is acceptable to do this. I will do this plenty. You say P250 is fine though, well, Tek is fine too for only $200 more. Depends on your cash.

Of course nothing is ever hard and fast, but if you're going into an eco you need to consider the fact that you might die without killing anyone. If I'm investing 500 bucks into a gun, I want some protection to go along with it, otherwise it's IMO too much of a risk of just turning it into a free upgrade to the other team. A Tek-9 is the Officially Best Weapon Ever. A P250 turns you from "useless against armour" to "not useless against armour", so I'm much less worried about losing it.

Jeza posted:

My preference is to buy a helmet over a HE, and if I can't afford helmet and smoke, I'd drop AK to Galil. Situations where you actually need to choose between a helmet and having any nades are rare enough on T in my experience. And if you can afford the helmet (he could every full buy round) you get the helmet, it's really valuable T-side.

Also I might be wrong about this but D2 seems much more forgiving in terms of grenades than most other maps. Like, I rarely die with my smoke on Inferno, or Nuke, or Mirage, but I have maybe two or three spots where I routinely chuck a smoke on Dust.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

canoshiz posted:

edit: also another part of the old rumor was that seangares would take a step back to a coaching role instead of leaving entirely. Not sure if this still holds given the nature of the press release.

I have a feeling we will be seeing him on caster / analyst desks, there is plenty of room for someone like him in that aspect.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

http://cloud9.gg/news/sean-steps-down

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

CT SECRET BUYING INFO STRAT GUIDE (IGN)
-if u lose pistol ct -> buy out cuz ur not gonna be able to buy anything 3rd round anyway so.....
caveat: 3rd round armor smg buys are hilarious and work pretty well against people who dont expect it
-if u win pistol go hog wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT BUYING INFORMATION (T-SIDE)
-if u win pistol, buy out
-if u lose pistol, but get a bomb plant, save and buy 3rd rnd
-if u lose pistol and dont get a plant, force buy 2nd rnd cuz u wont be able to buy anyway until 4th round unless u win the 2nd round which is always possible!!! (BELIEF IN URSELF)
-buying a pistol like a tec9/deagle/p250 is usually worth it if you can get a kill on a save (cts have a fragile economy cuz everything is so dang expensive!!!)

u should know how much money u get when u win/lose rounds
WIN (ace): 3.25k
DEFUSE/EXPLODE WIN: 3.5k
1st lose: 1.4k
any loss after: +500 w a max @ 3.4k

there's like 0 reason for a ct to buy head armor past round 4 (UNLESS U KNOW THEY R NOT BUYING AKS OR AWPS)

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I've been in a slump lately just not hitting shots getting owned and I was stumped trying to figure out how to fix it.
I've been doing just some practice on first on the training_aim_csgo2 map working on reflexes but I figured that wasn't it. I know I'm not going to have the best reflexes in the world vs. these young whippersnappers so I switched to working on aim_botz with stutterstepping/one taps/short bursts and it's made a world of difference. Just 15-30 minutes before I play has been doing wonders.

I've stopped DMing and just do that to warm-up. Could be a placebo but the last 2-3 days have been so much better than all of last week combined. Did really well in some PUG that apparently had some premier-superstar (we lost, eh) and just made 2 globals rage-quit so I guess that's something.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Smithereens posted:

CT SECRET BUYING INFO STRAT GUIDE (IGN)
-if u lose pistol ct -> buy out cuz ur not gonna be able to buy anything 3rd round anyway so.....
caveat: 3rd round armor smg buys are hilarious and work pretty well against people who dont expect it
-if u win pistol go hog wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT BUYING INFORMATION (T-SIDE)
-if u win pistol, buy out
-if u lose pistol, but get a bomb plant, save and buy 3rd rnd
-if u lose pistol and dont get a plant, force buy 2nd rnd cuz u wont be able to buy anyway until 4th round unless u win the 2nd round which is always possible!!! (BELIEF IN URSELF)
-buying a pistol like a tec9/deagle/p250 is usually worth it if you can get a kill on a save (cts have a fragile economy cuz everything is so dang expensive!!!)

u should know how much money u get when u win/lose rounds
WIN (ace): 3.25k
DEFUSE/EXPLODE WIN: 3.5k
1st lose: 1.4k
any loss after: +500 w a max @ 3.4k

there's like 0 reason for a ct to buy head armor past round 4 (UNLESS U KNOW THEY R NOT BUYING AKS OR AWPS)

Don't forget to throw in T side round 2 after pistol with bomb plant smg buy. Same effect as CT round two

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Kwilty posted:

Don't forget to throw in T side round 2 after pistol with bomb plant smg buy. Same effect as CT round two

whoops forgot to add that one. works better t side!!!

addition to smgs: shotguns are really strong if you can engage close and gives you loads of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. d2 cat/mirage cat/mirage apts/mirage palace/cache mid are good choices

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

that dps

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Goons are the best. Appreciate you guys taking the time to go through the footage. :)

You guys were spot-on about things I noticed myself, even if I thought my aim was at least "ok" :( Hopefully as I work my dps down that will get better. My dps is at 650 currently, but I am hoping to work my way to 550. I've been doing aimbots, and can reliably control recoil there, but once I get to MM I completely forget to do it in the heat of battle.

Tactical sense and proper peeking just needs self-discipline, because crazy charges down lower tunnels is pretty typical of me. I'm still trying to figure out the best spots to hold sites though.

Kinda despairing about what to do with my movement though. I can't really a+d fast, so I'm trying to get a usable macro to press that does it for me. Hard to get the timing right though, so maybe I'll just have to get faster with my left arm, which is tough as hell to do without pressing the wrong key. Hopefully that video helps

(also, that tk was totally deserved even if it wasn't on purpose. I was telling him the entire match to stay the gently caress on site so he shouldn't have been on cat anyway :colbert:)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

Goons are the best. Appreciate you guys taking the time to go through the footage. :)

You guys were spot-on about things I noticed myself, even if I thought my aim was at least "ok"

If it makes you feel better I got LE with bad aim. Just make sure you're always warmed up before a game. It's like polishing a turd :allears: That and abuse pop flashes if you know you're getting pushed or retaking.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Sounds like Sean won't even be coaching based on the release which is surprising. Seems a little early too, I figured they would be waiting on get_right or possibly swag.

Also found it amusing that his tribute video is less then two minutes and more then half of it is sponsors and the team celebrating.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Icept posted:

Gotta admit, this one felt pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K0BfrKzvGU

Action picks up around 50 secs in

Is that CS:Source?

edit: obviously not, but drat those graphics are low

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Famethrowa posted:

Is that CS:Source?

edit: obviously not, but drat those graphics are low

You have much to learn young grasshopper

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
im as good as taylor swift

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
1. shoot mens
2. whatever ur team gets mad at u about do it more to make them madder
3. make fun of ppl with no mic

alright son your ready for combat

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Suran37 posted:

Sounds like Sean won't even be coaching based on the release which is surprising. Seems a little early too, I figured they would be waiting on get_right or possibly swag.

Also found it amusing that his tribute video is less then two minutes and more then half of it is sponsors and the team celebrating.

It seems unclear to me. The press release part just says he's stepping down from the starting roster which could open up coaching possibilities, but the quote from him makes it sound like he's leaving the team entirely. Guess we'll figure out soon enough, he's supposed to stream tomorrow and field questions.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

sants posted:

1. shoot mens
2. whatever ur team gets mad at u about do it more to make them madder
3. make fun of ppl with no mic

alright son your ready for combat

do not trust this guy he is a KNOWN bad poster and troll

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.

Famethrowa posted:

You guys were spot-on about things I noticed myself, even if I thought my aim was at least "ok" :( Hopefully as I work my dps down that will get better. My dps is at 650 currently, but I am hoping to work my way to 550. I've been doing aimbots, and can reliably control recoil there, but once I get to MM I completely forget to do it in the heat of battle.
Playing against bots who don't do anything is vastly different to playing against real people. It's not that you forget to do it, it's just the challenge and the pressure of a real situation is a lot higher. I don't know how you are practicing your spraying in aim_botz but it's clear that it is not yet converting into good aim in an actual shootout. My suggestion would be to significantly up the challenge on that map, or/and play aim deathmatch against real players.

quote:

Tactical sense and proper peeking just needs self-discipline, because crazy charges down lower tunnels is pretty typical of me. I'm still trying to figure out the best spots to hold sites though.
To quote the OP, "stop being dumb". You've already spotted your mistakes, you already know what you are about to do is dumb, so try and not do those things beforehand.

quote:

Kinda despairing about what to do with my movement though. I can't really a+d fast, so I'm trying to get a usable macro to press that does it for me. Hard to get the timing right though, so maybe I'll just have to get faster with my left arm, which is tough as hell to do without pressing the wrong key. Hopefully that video helps
I would suggest practicing. A lot. I mean spend literal hours in deathmatch building up your muscle memory so that you don't have to think about it ingame.

quote:

(also, that tk was totally deserved even if it wasn't on purpose. I was telling him the entire match to stay the gently caress on site so he shouldn't have been on cat anyway :colbert:)
Remember, you are in a pub and people don't have to listen to anything you say ingame. Also, there is not anything inherently wrong with playing aggressive on short if you can get a kill or two and get early intel on what the enemy is doing. Like if I see someone on my team rushing short with a P90 every single round, I'll still think he's making dumb plays but if it's working then whatever, let him rush short every round. But if the guy is just rushing short every round and achieving basically nothing and he doesn't listen, then TK'ing him because you're mad is probably the least helpful thing to do. At the very least him dying will give you valuable intel on what to expect in the next 10 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
just got kicked by having to fight a guy on my team in spawn because he was raging and trying to tk

good poo poo valve

• Locked thread